Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899831 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12165 on: May 26, 2020, 10:02:11 PM »

I’m enjoying The Great.

Peter the Not Great is exactly the kind of person Kiid has attributed decisiveness and strong leadership skills to when they’ve appeared in American politics, GWB and the current abomination being prime examples. Kiid could learn something by watching, but regardless it’s great tv.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12166 on: May 27, 2020, 02:00:53 AM »

Parasite just not my type of film.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12167 on: May 27, 2020, 11:20:38 AM »

Cuban proposes something similar to what I did.  All 30 teams play 5-7 games (I assume the variety is to even out the games played).  And then playoffs.  Allows teams to try to get into the playoffs, re-establishes interest in the NBA ahead of the playoffs.  But all 30 teams is risky.

Going right to the playoffs with 16 teams eliminates nearly half the players/coaches/personnel.  And playoff series limits contact.  Safer, more manageable.

How about: a 6 team tourney to get the final two playoffs spots per conference.  Would allow 24 teams to play meaningful games.  12 teams already qualified and 12 teams battling for the last 4 spots.  Make it 8 teams per conference, playing best of 3 series, battling for 2 playoff spots, and you'd have all but 2 teams involved.

Essentially it would be like two playoffs.  A pre-playoff tourney of 16 teams, in short best-of-3 series, to get to the playoffs.  Then 2 teams from each conference advancing to the playoffs.  And you'd be able to design it as two 16 team playoffs.  So only half the league at a time involved.  More interesting and safer than completing some dull end of season slog.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:23:47 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12168 on: May 27, 2020, 01:30:05 PM »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29224715/mark-cuban-suggests-play-tournament-final-2-seeds-nba-playoffs

Going right to the playoffs with 16 teams eliminates nearly half the players/coaches/personnel.  And playoff series limits contact.  Safer, more manageable.

You can't get to 100% safe under either plan.  So safety is out the window as far as any plan that resumes play this season

The plan that offers the most level playing field should be adopted.  Give teams a chance to make the playoffs that not finishing the season would otherwise rob them of.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12169 on: May 27, 2020, 01:44:15 PM »

ESPN with new Mock Draft.  With useful write-ups on each player.

1. Anthony Edwards
2  LaMelo Ball
3  James Wiseman

4 Isaac Okoro
5 Deni Avdija
6 Onyeka Okongwu

7 Obi Toppin
8 Tyrese Haliburton
9 Killian Hayes

10 RJ Hampton
11 Precious Achiuwa
12 Aaron Nesmith

13 Cole Anthony
14 Tyrese Maxey

More like what I was thinking.
With Ty Halibut and Obi in our range and Cole Ant a fair amount lower.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12170 on: May 27, 2020, 01:48:39 PM »

You can't get to 100% safe under either plan.  So safety is out the window as far as any plan that resumes play this season

Sure, cause safety is an all or nothing concept ...

Instead of all 30 teams together, my pre-playoff tourney would have half the league playing to start.  Then after that another 16 teams.  Take a week off in between to test and quarantine those 4 teams from the early tourney that make the playoffs.

Half the teams, a week break, then half the teams for the playoffs has to be easier and safer than all 30 teams finishing the season.  And it's all be series so two teams for nearly a week together, before the next round.  Not lots of mixing of teams.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12171 on: May 27, 2020, 03:05:50 PM »

Safety breaks  down the moment you get one positive test.  Eliminating half the teams doesn’t reduce those chances enough in any significant way.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12172 on: May 27, 2020, 03:10:21 PM »

Simply put: if it’s safe enough to play 16 teams it’s safe enough for all to play.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12173 on: May 27, 2020, 03:11:57 PM »

By your logic they should just go directly to a one game finals.  Thus making it more safe.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12174 on: May 27, 2020, 03:19:23 PM »

No idea what logic you are imputing to me, but simply having roughly 400 people involved is safer and easier logistically than having close to 800.  And limiting play to two-team series is safer than all 30 teams playing together jumbled like in the regular season. 

Mitigation measures and controlled risks.  Common sense.  Etc.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12175 on: May 27, 2020, 05:19:03 PM »

The Knicks hired three executives Wednesday as they build the front office around new team president Leon Rose.

Brock Aller was hired as vice president of basketball and strategic planning, Walt Perrin is the assistant general manager for college scouting and Frank Zanin the assistant general manager for pro scouting.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29230894/knicks-hire-three-executives-work-leon-rose-front-office
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12176 on: May 27, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »

lol...gotta agree with Kam here 100%...you don't put 400 people at risk if it's not safe for 800. And for an org like the NBA, there is absolutely no logistical difference between 400 and 800, this ain't the Yonkers boy scout troop.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12177 on: May 27, 2020, 06:32:40 PM »

ESPN with new Mock Draft.  With useful write-ups on each player.

1. Anthony Edwards
2  LaMelo Ball
3  James Wiseman

4 Isaac Okoro
5 Deni Avdija
6 Onyeka Okongwu

7 Obi Toppin
8 Tyrese Haliburton
9 Killian Hayes

10 RJ Hampton
11 Precious Achiuwa
12 Aaron Nesmith

13 Cole Anthony
14 Tyrese Maxey

More like what I was thinking.
With Ty Halibut and Obi in our range and Cole Ant a fair amount lower.

I  have money I will place on this being not at all accurate after the top 3.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12178 on: May 27, 2020, 06:34:47 PM »

lol...gotta agree with Kam here 100%...you don't put 400 people at risk if it's not safe for 800. And for an org like the NBA, there is absolutely no logistical difference between 400 and 800, this ain't the Yonkers boy scout troop.

Are uberathletic 20-30 somethings dropping in droves from this virus?  I must have missed it.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chico's favorites
« Reply #12179 on: May 27, 2020, 10:38:45 PM »

...lashed out at Trump, calling him, among other things, “a complete blithering idiot,” “a shallow and broken man” and “the most disloyal actual retard that has ever set foot in the Oval Office.”
“There would be more decorum if you put Zippy the Chimp in the White House,” she said.

Do you know who twitted all of that and more?

A favorite of Chico's

PS. Apologies to Zippy the Chimp, whoever that may be.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1844