Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899725 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
GUESS What?
« Reply #12315 on: June 11, 2020, 04:01:56 PM »

The rising death toll and comprehensive incompetence of Florida’s governor’s office is giving players pause and may force the league to downsize its plans to 16 teams or fewer along with forcing it to devise a mechanism to replace players on rosters who won’t risk their health to prematurely restart the league.

Trump is looking to move the Republican National Convention from Charlotte to....

wait for it...Wait For It...WAIT FOR IT.

JACKSONVILLE, Florida. 

The entire state will be a fucking petrie dish. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Free Agents Swearing Love & Fealty To New York
« Reply #12316 on: June 11, 2020, 04:39:28 PM »

As a Knicks fan, I wish you would come here. Madison Square Garden is so great. Damian Lillard: I thought I was headed there a few years ago; I was hearing trade rumors. The Garden is my favorite place to play. – via Lisa Robinson @ Vanity Fair

https://hoopshype.com/rumors/

Kiid, there is a long and honored tradition of players swearing love and fealty to New York City and its fans. 

And who ended up coming here? 

Hmmmm.

Amare.  K.

Melo forced a trade, which eviscerated our roster and prevented us from being contenders, irrespective of Anthony's all-star stature as an offensive force. 

Who else?

Jason Kidd in the winter of his career, and he was a mogtherfucker until old age caught up with him in the playoffs.  Woodson gets undue credit for Kidd's leadership and skill on the floor, let alone KT and Rasheed. 

This is a job for BoD, but correct me if I am wrong, wasn't the last significant FREE AGENT to sign with New York...ALLAN HOUSTON? 

The problem is not the players on the floor, it is not the city, it is not THE FANS, or THE GARDEN. 

The problem is the decision makers, and that begins at the top with Mister Dolan. 

DECISION MAKING.  Trickles Down. 

Larry Brown dissing Ariza.

D'Antoni humiliating Marbury. 

Phil Jackson (and his sheep dog, Charlie Rosen) hanging Melo out to dry. 

Rambis humiliating Fredette. 

Hornacek humiliating Noah. 

Fizdale humiliating Kanter. 

You would never see such petty, dickweedish behavior from an actual factual MAN, like Greg Popovtich. 

Most people say that one on one, Dolan is a likeable guy.  I sat next to him at the Cream Concert in 2005, and he was a pleasant enough person. 

But it is almost as if he occupies his own personal BIZARRO WORLD, where wrong it right, down is up, black is white. 

Given his relationship with his father, he seems to have a real need to prove himself, as if, I DID IT ON MY OWN. 

Well...as far as making money, for himself and his share holders, James has been pretty prescient, no doubt. 

But again, he has this tick, where he is almost compelled to do the exact opposite of what is called for, to dig in his heels for no good reason other than obstinacy.  It is a childish compulsion.  Like what went down with Zeke and Stephon and the sex harassment suit.  Would have been so easy just to settle, but it became a matter of principle, the principle being, apparently, PRIVILEGE. 

This whole Black Lives Matter thang has been SO MISHANDLED, and it was such a no-brainer. 

It's not like Dolan seems a racist.  He has empowered a lot of African Americans in positions of authority, visble reps of the corporate state.   

My personal take? 

Dolan counts Trump as a friend, God help him, but hey, different strokes. 

Still, standing up for Trump, as Dolan is a MAJOR TRUM DONOR, would not sit well with his fan base or the local media, save for the POST, so he tried to finesse the whole George Floyd martyrdom and the Movement it birthed, world wide, by saying nothing, pretty much. 

Trouble is, in a court of law, SILENCE = ASSENT.

No, I don't think Dolan is a fucking racist, more like a toddleresque ass-clown.  He didn't want to negatively impact Trump, so he basically tap danced around things with not one, but two very too little too late, testosterone-deficient corporate statements.  Which in so many words, said in so many words....NOTHING. 

But his lack of action spoke voumes. 

And this, AND THIS, after hiring Leon Rose, who has a lifetime of positive interactions with African American clients, who made solid African American additions to the Knicks corporate and hoops hierarchy, who was brought on to project, and so far so good, competency, professionalism, and an abillity to relate to the modern pro hoopster, and create a welcoming environment for talent. 

So, sorry Kiid, but Dolan, once again, is a dime late and a dollar short, and pausing only to reload, has shot himself and this sotired franchise, RIGHT IN THE FUCKING FOOT. 

To

Be

A

Knicks

Fan

Is

To...OhNeverYouFuckingMind. 

PS: I reckon Lillard knows he would be afforded GODLIKE treatment.  But what do you reckon the over under would be that he suits up.  Right up there with Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Trae Young, Giannis...Dream FUCKING onnnnnnnnnnnnn...

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: GUESS What?
« Reply #12317 on: June 11, 2020, 05:09:38 PM »

Trump is looking to move the Republican National Convention from Charlotte to....

JACKSONVILLE, Florida. 

And the first reopening campaign rally.....  Juneteenth in Tulsa

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2020/06/11/juneteenth-trump-rally-tulsa-race-massacre/

I know his old man was a KKK member and all, but the Donald really does seem hell-bent on going down as a legendary figure in the history of American racism.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Trivia
« Reply #12318 on: June 11, 2020, 05:42:12 PM »

On the topic of irrelevance this is now the 47th straight year the Knicks will not win a Title.

Only five franchises have been waiting longer (for either their first title or) since their last title.
Name them.

Just saw something the other day about how the ATL sports teams generally never win.

So ATL is definitely one.
SD/LA Clippers too

PHX -- made one 70's Finals; no titles
SAC/KC Kings
MIL  -- Kareem got them a title in between the Knick two championships.  So they've been waiting nearly as long.
They haven't been to the Finals since trading Kareem.  Giannis trying to change that.

I think I got em all.

Out of the 4 ABA teams that joined the NBA, only SA Spurs have won a title.
But DEN, NETS, IND all joined in '76, a few years after the Knix last title.  So they've been dry nearly as long as NYK.  Dr. J's Nets won 2 or 3 ABA titles mid-70's after the Knix last title.

Hawks & Kings are the only two old NBA teams with a longer drought.

The other three and the 3 ABA teams have droughts pretty similar to NYK.

So Knix only 3rd most pathetic NBA franchise.

Good work Bo!

Years.        Teams          Last Title
69   Sacramento Kings     1951   
62   Atlanta Hawks.         1958   
52   Phoenix Suns           Never   
50   Los Angeles Clippers Never   
49   Milwaukee Bucks      1971   
47   New York Knicks      1973

We aren't really that much worse off than the average team when you think about it... 
13 teams are going on 40+ years without a title. 
17 teams are going on 30+ years without a title.
Rockets and Grizzlies:  25 years without a title.
That leaves 11 teams who haven't had to wait that long,
10 teams if you don't count New Orleans which hasn't won yet
And Toronto just won their first ...

To be an Insert NBA team name here fan is to (most of the time) suffer.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 05:55:49 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: GUESS What?
« Reply #12319 on: June 11, 2020, 06:10:47 PM »

JACKSONVILLE, Florida. 

Trump makes George Wallace look like MLK

As a matter of fact, in his dotage, Wallace tried to make amends with black folk, so to speak. 

Trump is a troll of  Biblical Proportions. 

God Help Us All. 

And the first reopening campaign rally.....  Juneteenth in Tulsa

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2020/06/11/juneteenth-trump-rally-tulsa-race-massacre/

I know his old man was a KKK member and all, but the Donald really does seem hell-bent on going down as a legendary figure in the history of American racism.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:55:58 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12320 on: June 12, 2020, 02:17:15 AM »

There's what appears to be a very good George Wallace documentary on PBS.  George Wallace: Setting the Woods on Fire.

There was an article the other day saying that while Trump has been quoting Nixon recently (weird enough), he's really more in the Wallace mode of race provocation.  But I'll save that for the Politics thread.

As for MSG/Knix, Dolan has to realize that it's the organization that needs to put out a statement. he doesn't need to be involved or craft it.  He doesn't need to personally get involved.  just farm it out to someone who can handle it, preferably someone who is genuinely concerned about police brutality.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Free Agents Swearing Love & Fealty To New York
« Reply #12321 on: June 12, 2020, 02:31:29 AM »

The problem is the decision makers, and that begins at the top with Mister Dolan. 
DECISION MAKING.  Trickles Down. 

Larry Brown dissing Ariza.
D'Antoni humiliating Marbury. 
Phil Jackson (and his sheep dog, Charlie Rosen) hanging Melo out to dry. 
Rambis humiliating Fredette. 
Hornacek humiliating Noah. 
Fizdale humiliating Kanter. 

You would never see such petty, dickweedish behavior from an actual factual MAN, like Greg Popovtich. 

And we see it trickle down from the coaches to the players.
So you also get Marbury dissing Frye.
Melo dissing Lin
Probably others.

Then there's always friction between the front office and coaches, so you get Larry Brown holding press conferences on the side of the road and such.  Rambo as Phil's spy.  Herb as Dolan's spy for a looong time.  Etc.

Just a poor (and reportedly paranoid) corporate culture, where nobody can relax, everybody needs to try to show off for Dolan, because he's watching/micromanaging, and no cohesion between the front office/coaches/players.   Too many restarts, reshuffles, revolving doors.

Players always talk about the mystique of MSG.  And they enjoy partying it up in NYC.  But not all can handle that (as JEarl admitted).   Front office and coaching stability would help a lot, because then there would be a defined culture players can step into, instead of a bunch of ad hoc/chaos that many will take advantage of or be unable to improve.

I think Franc is our longest tenured Knick and we have an interim coach.  Contrast to MIA where Haslem and Spo have been there for decades. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 04:54:34 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: June 12, 2020, 04:25:48 AM »

I’m going with this. Leon Rose has had a pretty good outsider’s seat to the life and crimes of MSG as it relates to the Knicks organization. With that knowledge, he took the job for one of two reasons.

Either he took it so he could sort of do the job for a little while then fuck off with the entire contract as most people do in this organization

Or, looking at the assets and liabilities of the franchise from the perspective of client after client, Rose has a plan and wants to see if it will work. The biggest issue is Dolan Dolan not only needs to let Rose do his job, but he needs to let Rose be his agent and turn around his image and status in the basketball world.

I don’t envy Rose at all, but I’m still nursing a small hope he can pull it off.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: June 12, 2020, 05:07:05 AM »

Either he took it so he could sort of do the job for a little while then fuck off with the entire contract as most people do in this organization

Too true.  Most folks look at NYK as a cash cow without much accountability.
Work 3 years for 5 years salary at top dollar.  I could go for that.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
ELBA Alert [Possible JOSH SILVER Siting]
« Reply #12324 on: June 12, 2020, 02:27:33 PM »

Did any of you just receive an e-mail from

GIORGI DEMOUTON

with

JOSH SILVER in the subject line?

It contained a https:/  LINK which I did not open.

Closed with

Josh Silver
vappa

I pass this along in the hope that ELBA Progenitor Josh Silver is OK, and that there is nothing sinister in this message, save perhaps that Josh might have gotten hacked? 

PS: My computer died back in January, so I lost many of my email contacts' addresses, JOSH SILVER's included...OR ELSE I WOULD HAVE FORWARD THIS TO HIM.  If any of you have his email address, kindly post it.  Thanks. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: ELBA Alert [Possible JOSH SILVER Siting]
« Reply #12325 on: June 12, 2020, 03:38:46 PM »

Did any of you just receive an e-mail from

GIORGI DEMOUTON

with

JOSH SILVER in the subject line?

It contained a https:/  LINK which I did not open.

Closed with

Josh Silver
vappa

I pass this along in the hope that ELBA Progenitor Josh Silver is OK, and that there is nothing sinister in this message, save perhaps that Josh might have gotten hacked? 

PS: My computer died back in January, so I lost many of my email contacts' addresses, JOSH SILVER's included...OR ELSE I WOULD HAVE FORWARD THIS TO HIM.  If any of you have his email address, kindly post it.  Thanks.

Hey Chip,

You can message him thru the elba messaging link up top.   He's also in the trump forum.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: June 12, 2020, 09:14:36 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: June 13, 2020, 10:59:47 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Wishful thinking?
« Reply #12328 on: June 15, 2020, 10:55:11 PM »

“A chemical compound that’s not quite an alkaline is an ‘alkaloid.’ In the same way Trump and his ilk are ‘fascoid’—near it, but not quite the same, a failure even as fascists.” -DF

Fac, I hope you're right. Remember, the German "establishment" made Hitler chancellor when the nazis were actually losing voters because they thought he was a clown that they could control. Lets see what happens with the 2020 elections. You know if he doesn't win he's pre-accusing Michigan and other states of fraud. You also know Bill Barr is going to go for it. So there is a possibility of a Trump dynasty, with Ivanka president in 2024...

Besides, unfortunately, Democrats are very good at tearing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Who is DF?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: June 16, 2020, 12:14:26 AM »

Noted conservative David Frum.

The best outcome is for the painted hemorrhoid to suffer his final stroke on election night as he fails to pick up 30% of the vote. If something else were to transpire, I’d prefer it to be sooner rather than later.

I’m hardened to know Biden has kept his channels open with the military brass, so if it come frog marching time, there is a plan in place to do so.

The fragile slippery turd is a self proclaimed scorpion, so you have to keep an eye on him until he is well and truly drowned, or squished, or otherwise dismembered.

Trump has managed to combine the most embarrassing and disturbing aspects of Isiah Thomas’s and Phil Jackson’s Knicks tenures in a far more important job without achieving nearly as much winning.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1844