Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 906348 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12510 on: July 11, 2020, 09:31:38 AM »

So am gonna hop over there, per Bo & check it out, sound interesting.
And I’m gonna dial it back here, a bit, but no worries Carlos, I’m not going to stop.
Because Kam is completely wrong.

Right now, you can’t leave the politics out even if you wanted to.
There is no Knicks/NBA in isolation from Virus / BLM / Trump /DeSantis. Zero. Zip. Nada.
They matter more to the activities of the sport than Silver or Dolan or James.

Just nonsense to say there should be some kind of barrier right now.

While it’s true that the NBA has a likely ally in Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, you never quite know where the political winds might shift. A couple of phone calls shuts the NBA’s business down, as so many businesses have been shut down around the country. I had Henry Abbott of TrueHoop on my podcast and he made a point that few others have made: Silver has been fairly politically neutral of late, despite his reputation as the progressive commissioner. The theory Abbott espoused was that this has something to do with the NBA needing allies in government to make this bubble a reality. Many NBA players (and fans) might hate President Donald Trump, but Silver can’t afford to be seen as a Trump enemy right now. As mentioned before, the federal government has the power to undermine the NBA’s operation. – via Ethan Strauss @ The Athletic

Hoping we’ll have more actual hoops to talk about soon. I'm actually really excited. I think it could be really fun — even as I'm skeptical as hell it goes off without a hitch in DeSanta's Viral Workshop.

**** of course, any time our forum’s mental midget peckerwood troll opens up his rancid piehole with the *&$%, I’ll continue to pound him back into oblivion. Just too EZ, fun, and necessary. Mama don't play. It's 2020 and if you come at me with tired racist bullshit I'm going to beat the living fuck out of you.

***** or try to claim antifa behind the protests in NYC, lol, lol, lol, what a hopeless twat, lol, lol, lol

****** and anyway, once a forum gets down to a minimal # of people & posters & posts, it is in real jeopardy of simply disappearing, so as far as I'm concerned, talk about your pets, your kids, or your covid hairstyles to mix it up, I won't mind. Here's what I'm currently sporting:

Meanwhile, down in bubble land, even DeSantis who has been working his slimy ass off to conceal the reality of his deadly fiasco, can't hide this:

Dozens of Florida hospitals max out of ICU capacity amid surge in COVID-19 cases

https://thehill.com/homenews/coronavirus-report/506881-dozens-of-florida-hospitals-max-out-of-icu-capacity-amid-surge-in

As hospitals fill up with ever-growing numbers of COVID-19 patients, officials are readying plans designed to avoid the nightmarish crowding that marked New York hospitals at the height of that city’s epidemic.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-coronavirus-florida-hospitals-plan-20200711-wn6bh23o4vdcpczpiogulzwupq-story.html
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 12:55:33 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: July 11, 2020, 02:03:58 PM »

I think the bubble restart is a risky proposition that could endanger next season.
I'd pack in the year and put all my effort in to a full season next year (Fall or Winter).
I assume the restart is just about money.

With that said, I did see some of the teams 8 game schedules and there are a lot of good matchups.  When you boot out over 25% of the sad sack teams, the league gets much more competitive and interesting.  So there's that. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Kamster the Hamster
« Reply #12512 on: July 11, 2020, 02:48:16 PM »

It's best to keep this a Knicks forum and leave the politics out of it.

F. you Kamster.
I ain’t going anywhere.
PS. Enes says hello.
PPS. Recep says to lay low for now.

I never told you to go anywhere.

PS.  Fuck you too
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
You wanna say "all posts matter" when there's not enough knicks posts?
« Reply #12513 on: July 11, 2020, 02:58:27 PM »

Me: Knicks posts matter

Carlos: i aint going no where!
Lester: We are in danger of disappearing!

Y'all sound like some dumb white bikers at a BLM rally

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: July 11, 2020, 03:03:36 PM »

Carlos you never contribute anything anyway.  You can stay here and feed off lester.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Coach Pops Believes the Bubble Will Be Safe...
« Reply #12515 on: July 11, 2020, 07:49:45 PM »

...or at least safer than most of Texas.

"From an intellectual point of view and a medical point of view, I would have to say not probably, but I am safer here -- if this bubble works -- I'm safer here than I would be in Texas. For sure. As you see what's going on there."

"I talked to a lot of people, I talked to Adam [Silver], and you find out pretty quickly what he and his staff of many have gone through to put this thing together," Popovich said. "I honestly do believe, and it's not just me being a loyal soldier to the NBA, I've done my share of criticizing here and there when I thought it was necessary, but I don't know where else you would be as safe as we are right now. They can't spoil us here as much as they usually do, before COVID -- we're pretty spoiled, in all kinds of ways. So we're not as spoiled now, but it's good for all of us."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29448111/spurs-coach-gregg-popovich-says-nba-bubble-safest-place-be
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: July 11, 2020, 08:19:08 PM »

Pop the dope

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Kamster, the Law and Order Hamster
« Reply #12517 on: July 11, 2020, 10:32:24 PM »

Me: Knicks posts matter

Carlos: i aint going no where!
Lester: We are in danger of disappearing!

Y'all sound like some dumb white bikers at a BLM rally

You know how STOOPID this comparison is, don't you Kamster?
The Hamster Law: KPM, Knicks Posts Matter, hmmmm, where you get that from? Talk about DUMB!

Carlos you never contribute anything anyway.  You can stay here and feed off lester.

I know Kamster, I know. You contributed a lot, mostly dissing Enes Kanter way back when. Good job Hamster!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: July 11, 2020, 10:34:03 PM »

Oh shut up already.  You need to get over it

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The voice of reason
« Reply #12519 on: July 11, 2020, 10:43:44 PM »

Oh shut up already.  You need to get over it

Shut up ... the voice of reason.

Why don't you follow your own advice?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos on fire
« Reply #12520 on: July 12, 2020, 05:13:01 AM »

Coaching interviews: Just keep Miller! If it ain't broke don't fix it, damm.

Damn straight.

Don’t think that’s what we’re going to do however, and I’m ready to be put off and eventually disappointed by the choice the Knicks do make.

Basketball happens in the world, and the world is greatly effected by human politics. For instance the NBA bubble lasting long enough to do the games they intend to count is diminishing daily for reasons too numerous to count.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: July 12, 2020, 05:48:38 AM »

Wait, it ain't broke?

There isn't a better coach out there than Miller?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: July 12, 2020, 02:43:50 PM »

LANCE THOMAS to Nets.  Cool.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: July 12, 2020, 07:45:32 PM »

Wait, it ain't broke?

There isn't a better coach out there than Miller?

His priorities for the team he’s coaching match my priorities for the team I’m pulling for. In addition to making clear progress in a short time with the whole team, he has a track record from the GLeague stint starting or reviving players pro careers.

Also I really liked the way Mitch, Frank, Kevin, and RJ were playing down the stretch and if we don’t trade any of them, they will be our four most important hold overs.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 07:48:24 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Buy Goya?
« Reply #12524 on: July 12, 2020, 10:06:35 PM »

Pop the dope

Just when one thinks Kiid has reached his nadir, he burrows deeper into the sub-magma of deplorable provocation. 

Buy Goya?

Right.  And Mexicans are rapists. 

PS: FUCK YOU. 
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1847