Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912950 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
TT & Rose
« Reply #12675 on: July 30, 2020, 08:24:11 PM »

heh

No fucking way Miller stays now

QuackQuack

Kiid thinks like an infected cannibal rat and assumes everyone else does too.

I hope Thibs & Rose recognize Miller’s coaching chops and that Thibs, Mike, and Woody can envision a productive way to work together, and that some team like the Bulls doesn’t want to make Miller their head coach.

Thibs, Woody, and Miller would be a hell of a core of a staff.

I would hope that some new young blood gets a look see, though I suspect the puppies they interviewed from Dallas and San Antonio and Phoenix (?) would view being an assistant in NYC as a side move, when a head coaching opening might just as soon come open.

I thought Royal Ivey was a good man.  Might the Knicks not consider some of Miller's people? 

TT needs to find a Monty Williams or two.  Might Rod Strickland get a sniff.  God knows, be nice to have someone with a winning PG mentality.  God knows if we keep Dennis he could use a for real mentor.  I see some similarities in their games. 

As per Kentucky AC Kenny Payne, if the motivation is that he might have an in with Anthony Davis, well, that is kind of lame. 

PS: I am NOT a Mike Woodson enthusiast.  His 18-6 after D'Antoni left?  Okay.  The 54 win season?  PG JASON KIDD.  I didn't like the way he treated certain players, resorted to Hero Ball with Melo, or force fed his lame defensive switching schemes.  But I could be loud wrong.  I am happy with the TT hire, and am open minded about Rose's new team of capologists and super scouts. 

PPPS: Would like to think that Mitchell, Frank and Kenny Wooten would come of age under TT given their defensive potential.  And what of  RJ and KK and Brazdeikis and Dennis?   As for vets?  Randle and Taj and Bullock seem likely...Dotson and Harkless defensive cats if the price is right.  That's 12 right there, so as much as I like Portis and Elfrid, I think they and Ellington are goners. we move on.  Melo?  There's a thought, if he is willing to channel his inner Jamal Crawford and be a sixth man.  Plus our two #1 picks?  Theo Pinson and Jared Harper.  Trader Vics could see some horse trading.  Kind of crowded now, and we still are kind of top tier talent challenged. 

PPPS: Anyway, Jazz V. Pelicans.  Hoops.  Damn.  Hope no one gets sick. 

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 08:27:51 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12676 on: July 30, 2020, 09:46:23 PM »

Mike Woodson was a decent coach.  Yeah we had Jason Kidd but it was Kidd on his last legs and he wasn't a full time player anymore.  He was the coach of a historically good 3pt focused offense for us.  His biggest problem was the switching everything defense that teams would always exploit until they found a mismatch.   If Woodson had a Thibs perhaps we would've beaten a team like Indiana and gotten to square off against the Miami Heat in the Eastern Finals a time or two.

Now Thibs has a Woodson.  And hopefully a Miller who will bring some continuity alongside him to the team.  We could've gone the Kenny Atkinson route and I would've been fine with that.  I'm glad we didn't go the Kidd route.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:48:27 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: July 30, 2020, 09:47:38 PM »

heh

Elfrid stays, unless

a)  another vet pg is signed

b)  we draft a good enough lead guard that is given the keys

Thibs aint here to fuck around with 3rd and 4th chance guys

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: July 30, 2020, 10:04:47 PM »

lol, lol, lol.

that's Elfrid by very definition.

Orlando trades him.
Suns decline to resign him.
Pelicans decline to resign him.
Knix. Cause nobody better will take their $$$.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
I look at Elfrid through a Ntilikina prism
« Reply #12679 on: July 30, 2020, 10:29:33 PM »

Elfrid is a known quantity.  A decent backup and a below average starter.  On the other hand Frank Ntilikina has a chance to start with Thibs (for defense) and he had Leon Rose as an agent until the start of last season.  In other words Frank could easily have the backing of the two most important men in the brain trust.   Coupled with the oft-stated desire of pumping up Dennis Smith's confidence (and trade value) I could envision a scenario where Elfrid is not invited back.

That calculus changes if the brain trust sees Frank as something other than a potential starting PG.     So really, Elfrid is a domino that will fall the way Frank falls.   That's why it will be useful for the Knicks to play some of their own bubble games and get an early read on next season's lineup.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: The joint chiefs?
« Reply #12680 on: July 30, 2020, 10:43:51 PM »

Offense                                               Defense                                          Player Development

BANG!

Hope Miller is hired as head coach somewhere. Then I'll have a team to root for.

Thibs: wrong for this team.
Woodson's offense: son, give it to Melo.

PS. I plan to keep on posting here as the only not-a-fan of Thibs.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: July 30, 2020, 11:03:34 PM »

Give Thibs a chance.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: The joint chiefs?
« Reply #12682 on: July 30, 2020, 11:17:09 PM »

Offense                                               Defense                                          Player Development

BANG!

Hope Miller is hired as head coach somewhere. Then I'll have a team to root for.

Thibs: wrong for this team.
Woodson's offense: son, give it to Melo.

PS. I plan to keep on posting here as the only not-a-fan of Thibs.

Swell. 

YOU DON'T LIKE Thibs.

A very learned point of view. 

Knock yourself out. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Thibs
« Reply #12683 on: July 30, 2020, 11:54:20 PM »

Chip, as I stated before, I don’t like Thibs FOR THIS TEAM. Nothing personal for or against the fella.

Short rotations and a preference for playing vets is probably not what THIS TEAM needs.

PS. No knocking myself out, I hope you don’t mind terribly.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: July 31, 2020, 12:17:06 AM »

I don’t care what they say. I don’t care what other people say about them. I’m waiting to see what they do.

If we do grab Miller, I will feel good that three people have the experience and chops to get on the same page so game planning, team principles, fitness, scheduling, and development can be synchronized and delegated and compartmentalized so the head and the two associates can tell anyone what they are to be doing and why in context at any time.

There are still probably 4 or 5 spots on the bench and no less than 3.

I have no problem with holdovers from the assistants or surprising new faces. I just don’t want guys  who have a history of making counterproductive waves in prior organizations.

To use a west coast metaphor, MSG is a wild fire zone and human frailty is almost always a lit match.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: July 31, 2020, 12:17:15 AM »

kudos to the players, the league, Silver for overcoming DeSantis & Donald & bringing the game back the right way..fun tonight
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: July 31, 2020, 10:30:46 AM »

kudos to the players, the league, Silver for overcoming DeSantis & Donald & bringing the game back the right way..fun tonight

Bingo-I only watched the last qtr of the LA v LA  game but what I saw was very watchable.

lets hope the bubble doesn't burst.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: July 31, 2020, 10:55:29 AM »

I watched the NBA games flipping back and forth between the Yankees game.  Both so enjoyable to me.  It felt about as close to "normal" as we're going to get I guess.

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: July 31, 2020, 12:36:40 PM »

Yup, really fun. Was like, wow, I'm watching Lebron d'up Kawhi, cool!

** seeing a massive F.U. delivered to everything the Donald stands for, icing on the cake

*** not having to watch D. Smith Jr. fumble away a 10 pt lead in 2 minutes for at least 6 months will probably turn out to be an additional blessing.

lesterluv

• View Profile
Next up...the St. Louis Cardinals
« Reply #12689 on: July 31, 2020, 01:28:30 PM »

The NBA of course, stands in complete contrast with MLB.

Two Cardinals just tested positive.

Absolutely no coincidence that Missouri (currently leading the whole nation in rate of transmission) is governed by a clown who makes DeSantis looks sane. The state is just erupting in virus.

It's sad that the summer baseball season is really at risk now. Yank, sadly I wouldn't Bank on getting to watch the whole "season."

But it's sadder that 100k+ have died, and continue to die, for absolutely no reason at all except for what was that..greatest leader ever lol, man, Kiid dropped that siggy like hot lava rocks and shut his trap on the subject tighter than a flea's ass.

*** lol, the little bitch's trap is almost as tight as Herman Cain's --- but not quite
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 01:37:10 PM by lesterluv »
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1848