Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899672 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12690 on: July 31, 2020, 03:45:54 PM »

I really liked Thibs’ talk with Pitto on MSG. He knew the team’s bet rating off hand and said that was the best evidence there was tremendous amounts of work to do. When asked what first he said contact players to set the work ethic and parameters needed to achieve the goal.

This makes complete sense and always has.

Also, either in that or his intro presser, Thibs finally defined developmental coach as one who gets on the floor and can push players. Those who have and apply sufficient fitness along with theory and technique to make NBA level players continue to grow.

Let’s see what that turns into down the line.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Next up...the St. Louis Cardinals
« Reply #12691 on: July 31, 2020, 06:09:55 PM »

The NBA of course, stands in complete contrast with MLB.

Two Cardinals just tested positive.

Absolutely no coincidence that Missouri (currently leading the whole nation in rate of transmission) is governed by a clown who makes DeSantis looks sane. The state is just erupting in virus.

It's sad that the summer baseball season is really at risk now. Yank, sadly I wouldn't Bank on getting to watch the whole "season."

But it's sadder that 100k+ have died, and continue to die, for absolutely no reason at all except for what was that..greatest leader ever lol, man, Kiid dropped that siggy like hot lava rocks and shut his trap on the subject tighter than a flea's ass.

*** lol, the little bitch's trap is almost as tight as Herman Cain's --- but not quite

Wasn't their governor the troll who said kids will go to school, and if they get sick, they'll go home. 

GENIUS.  And so humane and sensitive too boot. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Consistent & Coherent
« Reply #12692 on: July 31, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »

I really liked Thibs’ talk with Pitto on MSG. He knew the team’s bet rating off hand and said that was the best evidence there was tremendous amounts of work to do. When asked what first he said contact players to set the work ethic and parameters needed to achieve the goal.

This makes complete sense and always has.

Also, either in that or his intro presser, Thibs finally defined developmental coach as one who gets on the floor and can push players. Those who have and apply sufficient fitness along with theory and technique to make NBA level players continue to grow.

Let’s see what that turns into down the line.

A Teacher NOT A Preacher. 

Has a proven track record of developing a coherent team concept. 

TT's teams play D. 

Carlos...you just sort of re-fry those beans about playing vets too many minutes. 

In Minny, besides getting them to their one playoff appearance in what, a decade, he actually brought KAT's minutes...DOWN from around 38 to 33. 

As for development? 

That word COHERENCE comes up again and again. 

I'm on record as liking Fizz, so my cred is null and void, but in terms of his teaching moments? 

He gave Knox plenty of minutes, but did not raise the bar. 

The manner in which he simply dumped on Kanter was not productive.   

Tossing RJ out as the PG in game one.  Oooops, back to the drawing board. 

TT will NOTBE TANKING. 

And the likelihood of someone like Frank having consistent minutes and a consistent role increases exponentially, which can only speed his development. 

To wit. 

Back in 1951, a young talent name of Willie Mays came up from Minneapolis to the NY GIANTS.  Had a terrible slump starting out, lost his confidence, and went to his manager, and said, Mister Leo, send me back to Minneapolis, I can't make it up here. 

DUROCHER told the young man, we brought you up there to play center field, and you are going to be out there every day. 

The rest as they say is history. 

TT.

Again, consistency and coherence. 

Who was the last coach who gave us that? 

Van Gundy?

D'Antoni?

Woodson? 

I like the hire.  TT is not just a good press conference coach.  He is a good practice coach, and a GOOD GAME COACH. 

Development?

Getting a team TO PLAY LIKE A FUCKING TEAM. 

Which oddly enough, is the mark of a coherent, consistent defensive posture. 

And who exactly was YOUR COACH, Carlos? 

We are all ears. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
And who exactly was YOUR COACH, Carlos?
« Reply #12693 on: July 31, 2020, 09:39:23 PM »

I said before MANY TIMES who exactly was my coach. Guess you didn't read, so I'll repeat it: MIKE MILLER.

Why? I'll also repeat some of my arguments for you:

Proved to be a very good coach FOR THIS TEAM, with immediate improvement over his predecessor, good with our yute, team played hard for him, and played as a TEAM, articulate and great with the press (yes, I think that's important in NY) and, crucially, I thought it was about time the Knicks showed SOME loyalty for a change, to someone who'd been with them and proved himself when given the opportunity. That's why I hope some other team hires him as head coach.

Carlos...you just sort of re-fry those beans about playing vets too many minutes.

In Minny, besides getting them to their one playoff appearance in what, a decade, he actually brought KAT's minutes...DOWN from around 38 to 33.

Chip, you know that argument is funny, don't you? I mean, big fucking deal, down 5 MINUTES. Besides, was KAT really a veteran at the time? Oh, and he was fired for a number of reasons. He may have have been very good in Chicago, but not really in a developing team like Minny.

Now, you like Thibs, good for you! Lets see if you still like him after one season.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: July 31, 2020, 09:47:29 PM »

annoying loss by the Celts- after coming from 15 down in the first 3 minutes and getting nothing from Tatum they still played well enough to get fucked by the Mickey, Minnie and Goofie

chipstern

• View Profile
Steve Mills
« Reply #12695 on: July 31, 2020, 10:29:26 PM »

A gift that keeps giving. 

Porzingis looking great. 

Trey Burke on fire and Timmy Hardaway with good minutes. 

And Steve got us what in return?

Two late first rounders, Dennis Smith Jr. and the cap space to sign, Ellington and Peyton and Portis, all about to transmogrify into cap space. 

Oh, well...

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: July 31, 2020, 10:38:07 PM »

oh my...what do they have between them, 60 of the Mavs 80+ points...sigh

is what is...Mills gets a special place in Knick hell

still joyful to be watching basketball again

*** and you know what else, when I read about it I was cynical as hell about the #BLM branding stuff, but it matters, and it's good, and when they interview D'antoni and he says #MaskUp and why, it's real too, will save some lives, make a few folks think wtf about that facebook post that got shared to them from a doctor pumping alien sperm, good league

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 10:42:56 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: July 31, 2020, 10:49:35 PM »

Watching my first game of the restart (missed last nights contests).

Pleasantly surprised at all the changes in the stands.

Especially the zoom fans

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nba-season-restart-virtual-fans-orlando-behavior-eject-button-11596120629
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: August 01, 2020, 12:25:34 AM »

A lot of nip and tuck games with close finishes. It’s good to see hoops. Hope everyone stays healthy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: August 01, 2020, 12:40:33 AM »

Mavs wilted down the stretch.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: August 01, 2020, 02:14:56 AM »

Mavs wilted down the stretch.

The announcers were saying that's been the MAVS problem all year.

POR beat MEM in overtime to get a full game closer to the 8 spot.  Huge win for them.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: August 01, 2020, 04:59:27 AM »

Portland can score a lot and are a lot to contend with. I don’t know about cohesion and commitment, but the talent is there right now and a good part of that is Melo.

I really like Memphis as well.

Man, we really got a lot of work to do.

It is Berman and, as Thibs noted in his intro, he’s still around, but it’s got some detailed  stuff on where things might be heading with the staff.

http://nypost.com/2020/07/31/tom-thibodeau-knicks-begin-search-for-coaching-staff/

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: August 01, 2020, 06:59:36 AM »

Wonder when a Knick will rack up 39 & 16?

As I keep saying, the KZ situation was a huge disaster, an unnecessary shot in the foot, killed our future for years.  Etc.

Last year Mavs did fine to end games as Doncic made all sorts of crazy shots.
Not surprised that couldn't be replicated.
And while KZ is a major talent, he hasn't yet developed a go-to crunch time move.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: And who exactly was YOUR COACH, Carlos?
« Reply #12703 on: August 01, 2020, 11:49:26 AM »

I said before MANY TIMES who exactly was my coach. Guess you didn't read, so I'll repeat it: MIKE MILLER.

Why? I'll also repeat some of my arguments for you:

Proved to be a very good coach FOR THIS TEAM, with immediate improvement over his predecessor, good with our yute, team played hard for him, and played as a TEAM, articulate and great with the press (yes, I think that's important in NY) and, crucially, I thought it was about time the Knicks showed SOME loyalty for a change, to someone who'd been with them and proved himself when given the opportunity. That's why I hope some other team hires him as head coach.

Chip, you know that argument is funny, don't you? I mean, big fucking deal, down 5 MINUTES. Besides, was KAT really a veteran at the time? Oh, and he was fired for a number of reasons. He may have have been very good in Chicago, but not really in a developing team like Minny.

Now, you like Thibs, good for you! Lets see if you still like him after one season.

Carlos, I share your lament.  I happen to think Miller was the guy to continue developing the Knicks but I'm not at all distraught about Thibs. 

Unlike many of the Knicks critics I don't think the Knicks roster needs so much 'work' as it needs and needed maturity.  I happen to think the Knicks have a great core in Frankie, Dotson, RJ, and Mitchell. And they have plenty of choices with everyone else - either trade 'em or keep them. 

IMO, high on the trade fodder list is Randle, Smith, Knox, Portis, and Harper. And Randle being the top priority to get gone.

Now, I believe this season is going to be a hot mess.  You can't bubble your way through a season so the league will need to expand rosters just because with the G-League being more of the Legion of substitute NBA playahs.  The Knicks building a bigger coaching staff will be a good thing and having Woody and Miller available to keep a substitute unit in tact will be crucial.

I'm concerned though that this season may be a waste and with that thought in mind its crazy to trade for Chris Paul.  His shelf-life is expiring and wasting assets on signing  expensive contracts for a dicey year of play seems risky.  Better to trade for longer term assets OR draft well and use this year to stockpile a few more kids.  Two years out this will be a superteam.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: August 01, 2020, 01:03:12 PM »

Fwk you ... crazy.

I've found that pessimism has been warranted for the last 7 years, and likely another 3 going forward.

They guys you want to keep aren't that good.  The guys you want to trade have little value now.  I assume we won't pick up Portis' option.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1844