Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899761 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Clippers Trade
« Reply #12720 on: August 02, 2020, 12:46:18 AM »

Issuf Sanon, PG
Traded to New York (NYK) from Washington (WAS) as part of a 3-team trade: Los Angeles (LAC) traded Maurice Harkless, 2020 1st round pick, 2021 2nd round pick and 2021 1st round pick to New York (NYK); Los Angeles (LAC) traded Jerome Robinson to Washington (WAS); New York (NYK) traded Marcus Morris to Los Angeles (LAC); Washington (WAS) traded Isaiah Thomas to Los Angeles (LAC)

Looking forward to seeing this guy

Not sure about that 2021 1st Round Pick from the Clippers.  I believe we have the option of flipping #1 picks with the Clippers, which would not appear to be meaningful for us.  The 2021 2nd rounder is what the Clippers got from the Pistons in the Griffin trade.  Pistons in transition, too, so that might have some value. 

Issuf Sanon? 

"Is a high energy combo guard with a nice skillset … He can score in bunches and create for both himself and his teammates, while at the same time can be a very good defender on the ball … He is still a work in progress on both ends of the floor, turnover prone, inconsistent shooter and still learning the point-guard position…nevertheless, he is a guy to keep an eye on, since he has all the necessary tools to become a good NBA player in the future."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=C2ew6bt8qVE&feature=emb_logo

The 20 year old Ukranian is 6'4", has some hops, and is supposed to have a good pick and roll motor.  The highlights in the above reel are interesting. 

I think the Knicks are looking at him for the summer of 2021 at this point. 

In the Post-Leon Rose--World Wide Wes Epoch I think it is worth noting that besides a capologist, some of Rose's earliest and most telling signings were in the way of some new front office people.

"Brock Aller was hired as vice president of basketball and strategic planning, Walt Perrin is the assistant general manager for college scouting and Frank Zanin the assistant general manager for pro scouting." 

Perrin worked many years for the  Utah Jazz, and is the fellow who championed Donovan Mitchell in the draft. 

Having duly noted that, shortly after Perrin & Zanin were hired, the Knicks released Kadeem Allen and signed 5'11" Jared Harper to an offer sheet. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CstLpJCWnrE

His clips are most interesting.  Explosive, terrific motor, and when you see him pulling up from Steph Curry/Trae Young Country and rattling home three pointers, well, considering what we have seen from Elfrid, Dennis and Frank, you can peep the Knicks' thinking. 

Remains to be seen, but had an excellent developmental year in the G League; he was the victim of a numbers crunch at Phoenix, and when he was waived, the Knicks jumped on him.  He led Auburn to a Final Four berth. 

Knicks also signed Theo Pinson after they cut IsoBench; he is 24 years old, 6'5" and was a UNC man, used sparingly in two years with the Nyets.  His stats are kind of grim, save for excellent FT shooting.  Not sure the thinking here.  Insurance in case Dotson walks, who seems to me very much a TT kind of guy. 

Finally, among our G Leaguers, are Brazdeikis and Kenny Wooten, both of whom showed considerable growth and development. 

Then we presently are at #6 and #25 and #38 in the draft.  I am still hoping for Haliburton but it remains to be seen if we draft for position or best available player.  The current NBA, Draft.net has Detroit taking the 6'9" Deni Avdija, the Israeli SF, at #5, us taking Haliburton at #6, and center Wiseman falling to Detroit at #7.  Who knows.  Any of those players would be interesting.  And while we seem to be crowded at SF/SG with Knox and Brazdeikis and RJ (and presumably Bullock, a good defender and sniper with a friendly contract), at PG with Frank, Dennis and Jared Harper, and at Center/PF with Robinson and Randle and Wooten and presumably Gibson, talent is talent, and trading chips are trading chips. 

How Rose proceeds as a Trader Vic should prove telling, vis a vis, youth must be served, or bringing in vets or some combo there of.  TT gets to put in his two cents now.

If we are not all dead or fighting fascists in the street come November, it would be charming to have an NBA season. 

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS ABOUT ANYTHING at this point. 

Stay safe, stay well, everyone. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:49:30 AM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Defund what?
« Reply #12721 on: August 02, 2020, 01:37:18 AM »

If we are not all dead or fighting fascists in the street come November, it would be charming to have an NBA season. 

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS ABOUT ANYTHING at this point. 

Stay safe, stay well, everyone.

You guys know what’s really being defunded in real time? THE POST OFFICE.

You-know-who has a plan, and a real Election ain’t happening.

From Russia With(out) Love.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12722 on: August 02, 2020, 04:16:48 AM »

Was good to see some NBA games.
The slogans on the back of the jerseys seemed a little silly (as did the virtual fans), but at least they let foreign players have messages in their native languages.

Utah looked pretty off. With Mitchell trying to force passes into Gobert among a crowd.  Seems Mitchell hasn't developed a kick out pass yet.  He's either shooting or dropping off to GoBear.   Utes sure could have used Bogdanovich.  Looked like zero chemistry between Mitchell and Conley.   They take turns doing the same thing.

Mud came in and immediately through a sloppy turnover.  Then got a steal off a drive and did a nice job of scoring on the ensuing fast break.  Took a 3 pointer that barely grazed the side of the rim.  Wound up with 6 FT's, 3 steals and 2 turns.
Can you trust him in the playoffs?

OKC looked good.  Shai twice drove and finished craftily under-around Gobert. 
Nerlens had 4 blocks in 18 mins, including a pair of key blocks that stopped a Jazz attempted run.

Adams v. Gobear is one of the more fun C matchups.  Don't think they like each other.  Adams won this one.  But Utah just couldn't get the ball into Gobert's hands.  A number of times Rudy had Gallo defending him in transition, and posted up and didn't get the ball.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: August 02, 2020, 08:12:01 AM »

One of the nicer things about these games is that all the bad teams are gone so the games are between teams jockeying for playoff positioning.
I like the virtual fans idea but think they need to amp up the volume to produce some kind of home court advantage.
I like the names on the back of the jerseys but would like more variety in them.  Too much "Equality" out there : )
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12724 on: August 02, 2020, 10:21:00 AM »

One of the nicer things about these games is that all the bad teams are gone so the games are between teams jockeying for playoff positioning.

I agree. It's so much better without the dross. Think NBA should keep it to like 20 all the time. Do a Premier League relegation model and fold the bottom teams into the G league.  The quality would be much better and the bad teams would have something to root for besides a lottery pick, return to the big league.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12725 on: August 02, 2020, 10:50:18 AM »

I agree. It's so much better without the dross. Think NBA should keep it to like 20 all the time. Do a Premier League relegation model and fold the bottom teams into the G league.  The quality would be much better and the bad teams would have something to root for besides a lottery pick, return to the big league.

I like that.  It incentivizes winning over tanking.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12726 on: August 02, 2020, 11:53:12 PM »

Burke, THjr, back to Earth. Zingis, not so much.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401224724

Pops just lets loose, cites eliminating racist scumbags like kiid as the only priority.

https://sports.yahoo.com/san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich-powerful-statement-racial-justice-marco-belinelli-214139519.html
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Poor Chico👦
« Reply #12727 on: August 03, 2020, 12:35:42 AM »

Pops just lets loose, cites eliminating racist scumbags like kiid as the only priority.

https://sports.yahoo.com/san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich-powerful-statement-racial-justice-marco-belinelli-214139519.html

How about...
... neutralizing emotionally challenged poor souls like Chico👦tm?

I mean, poor thing, I’m sure his mama liked him when he was young ... or did she? 🤭

nice doggie

PS. Luka is a MONSTER!!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 12:45:14 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #12728 on: August 03, 2020, 04:28:18 AM »

KP with 30

Luka, 40 points, 18-19 from the FT line, 11 assists. 

Pretty impressive. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12729 on: August 03, 2020, 04:56:17 AM »

Tim Jr. one of the streakiest mofos going.
DAL shot 19% on 3's; lost by 2.

Wish we had KZ and Rubio.
Could build a team around that easily.
(Rubio's been moved twice in the past 3 years, and both times I advocated for him).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12730 on: August 03, 2020, 05:00:36 AM »

HOU took 91 FG's, 61 of them were 3's.  An NBA record.
I'll try to catch a replay, but this all-3 style of play I usually find rather boring.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Westbrook
« Reply #12731 on: August 03, 2020, 05:28:39 PM »

HOU took 91 FG's, 61 of them were 3's.  An NBA record.
I'll try to catch a replay, but this all-3 style of play I usually find rather boring.

Ironic that it was their defense that brought home the bacon. 

Russell Westbrook. 

MAN.

When I was visiting my daughter's family on Charlotte, my son in law took me to the Spectrum to see the Hornets take on the Thunder. 

The Hornets were taking it to the Thunder for three quarters, then Westbrook attained his fifth gear. 

There is an intensity to his game that needs to be experienced live.  The actual SOUND of his feet thundering up the hardwood like a freight train. 

I remember remarking to my son-in-law, that Russell reminded me more of running back Barry Sanders than most point guards. 

He willed Houston back into the game last night, and inspired his team mates to raise up. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12732 on: August 03, 2020, 05:43:31 PM »

I'm so sorry

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12733 on: August 03, 2020, 05:45:24 PM »

Wish we had KZ and Rubio.

Do you mean KP?

He left.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12734 on: August 03, 2020, 05:51:21 PM »

(Rubio's been moved twice in the past 3 years, and both times I advocated for him).

were you giving up the Knox pick for one year of Rubio, with hopes he would re-sign?  How much would you have offered?
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1844