Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899718 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Cuban’s children
« Reply #12825 on: August 09, 2020, 01:00:37 AM »

KP is a good player, but the Cuban child making the difference is LUKA THE MONSTER, like I had been telling you for a year prior to the draft. Like I said, he shoulda gone #1, after constantly winning it all in Europe for Real Madrid since age 16. He will win a few titles for Dallas too. Good for Cuban & Co. goin for him with everything they had!

PS. Me and the Kamster looking forward to see what Kanter can do tomorrow 😉
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12826 on: August 09, 2020, 02:30:44 AM »

Lukaball is fun.  Guy does some crazy stuff.  Immense creativity.
36 14 /19 v. one of the best defenses.
Wish I saw that game -- though the DEN-UTA 2OT tilt was a jolt x 2.

Jerami Grant is a role player type and has been just a 20-25 min guy.  But possibly could thrive as a starter with more responsibility.  Guy plays D -- they had him guarding Dominate Mitchell down the stretch(es).  Grant been a 39% 3-baller the past two years.  Yeah, we couldn't use a 3&D F who can guard 4 positions.  He doesn't board or pass much, but he is a smart cutter and energetic.  Doesn't need the ball much.  Nice team player. 

Certainly a better use of $15M than Portishead.  And we need to drop Randle.  Grant doesn't really replace Randle because he's much more versatile and likely not a full time starting PF.  We could still use him.  Might go for around $12M.  Actually I was interested in getting him when he was on PHI.  But we could use him now.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Dallas
« Reply #12827 on: August 09, 2020, 04:10:11 AM »

i. 
Otherwise, while I was waiting for Bo to say something snarky about Trey Burke, he drained another trey.
Indeed, he and Hardaway are often feast or famine.  True dat.
Trey's post-bubble three point percentage is a mere 41%. 

I always have a problem with streaky shooters who play poor D.
Consistency is important.  So is D.
As for Trey's treys, he shot 8-10 from distance v. HOU in Bubble Game 1.
Then 3-18 in the other 4 games.  That's some Tim Jr. level streakiness.
Kinda of stuff that drives me crazy.  So his 41% is deceptive. 
And too often when he's hot, it's one-on-one stuff.  But he competes and Carlisle is giving him some good run.  DAL has played 3 OT games in 5 bubblewrapped games.

I do think Tim has rounded his game some and gives better defensive effort than previously.  With guys like Tim and Trey, I prefer them when they get into that 27+ age, where they have sharpened their game some, cut out some of the real bad jacks, become smarter players and more team-oriented.  I'll say the same thing about Muddy, one of my favorite punching bags.  If he stays healthy, I think Muddy will be a better player and a more useful backup in another 3 years or so, when he has more of a vet mentality and understands his role and limits better.  Already he's figured out how to get off midrange shots, and he's a much better rim finisher than he used to be.  Mudman doesn't need to add a 3-ball (though that would be nice), just stop over-dribbling, make a few more reads/passes, do little things like screen and cut.  Same might go for Exum, though haven't seen him in a while.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: August 09, 2020, 09:26:23 AM »

Mudiay cant over dribble with Mitchell and Ingles dominating the ball.  On the Knicks he was tasked with advancing the ball and creating offense

Hardaway has always been an opportune effort defender and a crafty passer - but SNIPER was his lot growing up - and he isnt going away from that - to Dallas's benefit

Cuban has Hardaway in his "CORE 3"

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: August 09, 2020, 11:24:26 AM »

Which is why they're not going far.
Be better when Tim Jr. is the 4th option ... or even a reserve. ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12830 on: August 09, 2020, 03:53:58 PM »

Which is why they're not going far.
Be better when Tim Jr. is the 4th option ... or even a reserve. ...

He’s still a player with an ego fragile enough that it’s a good thing he’s on a team with an owner willing to stroke it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12831 on: August 09, 2020, 03:57:54 PM »

He so is what he is which is, what? we don't have better? Fck....ok....hmm....alright....let's see what we can get out of him....sigh
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Enes Kan(s)ter
« Reply #12832 on: August 09, 2020, 09:37:53 PM »

Phenomenal game again: 8 Rebs. and a +7 in only 8 minutes. WOW!!!

Hey Kamster, for your peace of mind I won’t be posting any more irrelevant Kanter stats. Getting a little tired of it myself. Peace ☮️
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 10:51:38 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
Why It's Working
« Reply #12833 on: August 10, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »

the NBA's strategy
https://www.truehoop.com/p/how-the-nba-is-beating-covid-19

despite Florida's Donald DeSantis Head Fully Up Your Ass My Name is kiidcarter8 Strategy
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-reports-record-number-covid-19-hospitalizations-n1236286

Meanwhile, you can barely find a covid patient in most New York hospitals...
http://abcnewsradioonline.com/national-news/new-yorks-covid-19-testing-positivity-rate-reaches-record-lo.html

amazing what semi-competent leadership will get ya...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: August 11, 2020, 01:12:11 AM »

Was thinking the same.
Congrats to the NBA.

Basically testing and isolation.
The mask use seems a bit spotty, but works I guess if everyone is tested and no one can leave.

All along I've said this isn't such a hard disease to contain and largely stop.
We know how respiratory viruses spread.  We know how to limit/stop transmission.
Just takes some leadership and competence and will power.  Could have been stopped twice already in the US.  Shouldn't have been allowed to spread so much to begin with.  Pathetic.  The Trump Plague.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12835 on: August 11, 2020, 04:44:40 AM »

Again, a low-paid Kanter as a backup on a good team -- what's not to like?
A highly paid Kanter starting on a bad team -- mucho problemos.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Your Spanish
« Reply #12836 on: August 11, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »

-- mucho problemos.

- - muchos problemas.

If you’re gonna use the language you might as well show some respect.

You’re welcome.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12837 on: August 11, 2020, 10:38:23 AM »

Like buenos dias.
I keep thinking that the masculine or feminine should match.
Seems confusing the adjective is -os and the noun -as.

Respect seems like an unnecessary thing to add into the discussion.
Who or what am I disrespecting by making a grammar error?
Why would anyone actually take offense?

I studied Spanish for 5 years in high school, but I mostly forget the verb conjugations so it's hard for me to actually make sentences and hablo espanol.

Whenever the virus gets under control, one of our next family trips will be to Andorra.  So we'll probably make a loop around the Pyrenees.  Flying in/out of Madrid is shorter, but Paris is awfully tempting.  Likely hit Bilbao, Pamplona and San Sebastian looks like a lovely coastal town.  Probably Toulouse and Bordeaux on the French side.  My niece has some Spanish ability, even took a one month course in Madrid maybe 5 years back.

But if/when we are going, I certainly should brush up on Spanish and look over common phrases and even review regular verbs.  A fair amount of Spanish vocab should be buried in my brain ready for a resurgence.  I'm not really sure the extent or level of English in the Basque Region or Catalonia.  As far as I understand they like to play basquetball there.  There are lots of English with summer homes in Spain, but I'm not sure where or how much they just congregate in Little England type villages.  But it's always good if you can/try to speak the national language. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #12838 on: August 11, 2020, 11:20:48 AM »

If you make that trip to Northern Spain, take a turn through los Picos de Europe, just magnificent. Can't recommend strongly enough.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: August 11, 2020, 11:49:37 AM »

Thanks for the advice.  I'll certainly look into it.
Not sure we could get there unless we scratched off France and just made it a Spain/Andorra trip, which is a consideration.

Actually initially I was anticipating a rural France/Andorra trip.  And only added in Spain as I found more to do on that side of the Pyrenees.  San Sebastian looks great, and there's a very highly rated winery near Pamplona, with a crazy Frank Gehry hotel** on the premises.  Then I started thinking of Bilbao, which starts starts leaning towards flying in/out Madrid.  Picos de Europa would be more time in Spain and further from France.  If we just do Spain with Andorra, then that national park fits in quite well.  Good to know!

It's all flexible, but I tend to plan too much.

** Looks like a Dr. Seuss creation:
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1844