Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899719 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: DUH
« Reply #13380 on: September 16, 2020, 12:13:33 AM »

Save perhaps Himmler, Mengele and Kiid.

Come on, bro - you're better than this

Chip’s got twenty-twenty vision where the soul of the nation is concerned. You have your head up your ass.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DUH
« Reply #13381 on: September 16, 2020, 12:56:02 AM »

Save perhaps Himmler, Mengele and Kiid.

Come on, bro - you're better than this

The problem is not Chip, Kid.

It's you.

When the people you believe are "better than this" in all sincerity lump you in with the Nazis, if you don't like it, perhaps it is time for you to step back and examine your expressed positions and allegiances.

You have very blatantly allied yourself with and expressed your approval of a man whose conduct is fascist. Not this incident or that one, but as a matter of course.

You have not repudiated his conduct, with rare exception and tepidly at that.

If you don't want to be lumped in with Nazis, stop taking their side on a regular basis. Or, perhaps, at all.

Otherwise, you have earned every comparison that Chip or others makes of you to Hitler's squad.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13382 on: September 16, 2020, 04:18:04 AM »

Hearing something on the basis of Paul for Randle and Knox being floated. I have two counter proposals for OKC to seal the deal in which NY is taking on both more risk and more obligation.

1) Randle Knox and pick #38 for Paul and Pick #25.

2) Randle Knox and DSJ for Paul and Diallo.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: September 16, 2020, 04:55:48 AM »

How about trading a similar package for John Wall?
He's got a deal like CP3's, 2 more years around $45M each.
He's been knicked up (and knifed up as my spellcheck preferred), never meshed with Beal and has been flashing gang signs lately.

Randle, Knox, Franc (or Jr. Smith) for Wall.
WIZ get to save money and move on.  Beal, Randle and their yute -- Hachimura, Troy Brown, Thos Bryant + Knox & Franc.  I guess the problem is with Bryant, and Bertans and Hachi, they don't need another PF in Randle).   Er, 3-way trade!

Knix get a younger PG (Wall just turned 30) with talent but significant injury history, who never really figured things out.  His main skill was being a transition blur, which injuries probably have limited.

CP3 would add a smart vet and stabilizer for 2 years at crazy money.  Wall would add a potential long-term piece for a 2 year looksee at the same crazy money.

I think ditching Randle is a plus in both deals.  Knox fits in to their needs.  But Randle isn't much of a match.  I've said all along that he's a hard player to build around or fit in with a team.  I don't think many teams want/need a Randle.  So not an easy guy to trade.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13384 on: September 16, 2020, 11:28:32 AM »

Heh

Will be interesting to see what Thibs thinks about/does with Randle.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: September 16, 2020, 11:33:32 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Urethra_Franklin

• View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: September 16, 2020, 02:16:43 PM »

Did the NBA season ever start up again? 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13387 on: September 16, 2020, 03:19:27 PM »

Yeah - Knicks are in the Finals

chipstern

• View Profile
Beating A Dead Horse
« Reply #13388 on: September 16, 2020, 03:20:08 PM »

At the risk of repeating myself, not that this ever stopped me....

BoD frequently likes to reference his Carmelo Anthony Knicks-Boston Trade Proposal, in which he had the prescience to fantasize about the Knicks copping Jaylen Brown & Terry Rozier.

K. 

As someone who certainly made his peace with Carmelo Anthony as a Knick, in real time I was roundly mocked on this FORUM for my virulent opposition to the Carmelo Anthony Trade. 

As some might recall, Melo demanded an immediate trade, and the Knicks acquiesced, instead of simply waiting for the summer, signing him as a free agent, and KEEPING ALL OF THEIR ASSETS. Again, instead of simply waiting for free agency, they cashed in ALL OF THEIR YOUTHFUL TALENT, and, of course, draft picks. 

I forget who reamed me out, but I was most genially castigated for my horror at the Knicks adding to their beau-coup of assets, when then Denver GM, Masai Ujiri, insisted on adding Timofey Mozgov to the heist, which included, among others, our starting PG, Raymond Felton, who was then having a career year in tandem with Amare Stoudamire, as well as former #1 draft picks Danilo Gallineri and Wilson Chandler, who were thriving under Coach Mike D'Antoni, and draft picks, of course, because over the history of this franchise, draft picks have been spent like a drunken sailor. 

DRUNKEN SAILORS > Instant Gratification > SUCKING SUCKING SUCKING....

Hey, back when Hubie Brown was the coach, we traded two #1 picks for Gerald Henderson and Juuwan Oldham that turned into the #5 and #7 picks.  That was the draft that yielded the likes of Scottie Pippen and Kevin Johnson among others.  We got back a later #1 pick, the seventeenth pick as I recall, which produced Mark Jackson, but still. 

The #1 pick we flipped (and Marcus Camby) we surrendered for Antonio McDyess, turned into Nene Hillario (Drafted one slot before Amare Stoudamire), and who was that late first round PG who washed out?  Anyone? 

The second of two #1 picks we gave up for Stephon Marbury turned into Gordon Hayward. 

Hey we gave up two #1 picks for Eddy Curry, which turned into LaMarcus Aldridge and Joakim Noah.   

And Carmelo? 

As I recall, one #1 pick was a gimme, and one #1 pick gave Denver the right to swap. 

And at the risk of repeating myself, but hey, why not? 

That final #1 pick Denver pilfered for us, so that Melo could get his money straightaway, rather than wait for the summer, and ended up stripping the team of talent which might've enabled the Knicks to compete, and make Melo complete?

JAMAL MURRAY, 6'4" PG Out Of Kentucky. 

Jamal Murray' stat line in these here 2020 playoffs: 27. 1 PPG 5.0 RPG 6.4 APG 50.2 FG% 49.1 3P% 91.3 FT%

And the Knicks are presently creating an offer, ALLEGEDLY, for Chris Paul, a great man, a great PG, a great competitor, a great leader, and 35 years old. 

Jamal Murray is 23 years old. 

I have seen trade proposals, both on line and in this forum, in which 21-year old Kevin Knox and 22-year old Dennis Smith's names have been happily floated. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. 

If we give up on Knox and Smith, and simply toss them in the hopper,  la-de-dah, we are going to watch them mature and prosper on teams with the patience to let them grow and nurture their talent. 

I have made my peace with the notion of the Knicks reaching out for the likes of a Chris Paul.  That does not mean I am doing a dance of joy about it. 

I am afraid we are about to enter yet another rabbit hole.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: September 16, 2020, 03:40:51 PM »

If we give up on Knox and Smith, and simply toss them in the hopper,  la-de-dah, we are going to watch them mature and prosper on teams with the patience to let them grow and nurture their talent.

How much are you paying them to stay?

Arent they NBA tweeners - that is in between having the value of what you'd have to extend them at and a lesser NBA value?

Teams letting players leave do not often get them back at cheap rates - thus these trweeners - MANY the last few years streewn across the league - end up on other rosters after not getting extended - some doing well and some not.

Knicks getting something of value for them would be their assessment that Knox andf Ntlikina are unworthy of extension cash - thats all.  Playing them out and not extending them when you are not really contending yet is what is nonsensical.

I ask again

You are extending these guys from their rookie pacts - at the going rate?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13390 on: September 16, 2020, 04:29:15 PM »

BoD frequently likes to reference his Carmelo Anthony Knicks-Boston Trade Proposal, in which he had the prescience to fantasize about the Knicks copping Jaylen Brown & Terry Rozier.

As the sole Celt's fan on this board, Bo's frequent mention of this proposal always makes me laugh. When he was proposing this trade I posted that there was NO WAY, NONE, NADA, NO FUCKING CHANCE, the Celts would make the trade. It was mentioned to Bo that Melo was an overpaid ballhog who wouldn't pass or wouldn't play D, that would tie up the Celts cap space as they rebuilt, And in return for escaping Melo Bo wanted 2 high potential young'uns who were on rookie contracts. It was just fanciful play-acting GMing by Bo, which is fine, its what fans do, and I understood why Bo wanted to make the trade, but i also understood why Ainge would not. To pretend that it was based in reality was kind of silly.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:31:25 PM by bankshot1 »

chipstern

• View Profile
Extensions
« Reply #13391 on: September 16, 2020, 04:31:42 PM »

Extensions an issue? 

Re-Up?

How is that an issue...RIGHT NOW?

I want to see what Knox and Smith are capable of doing under Thibs and his new coaching staff. 

And if we are going to invest in the likes of a Chris Paul, let alone Chris ROCK, wouldn't it make sense, having a coach on the floor, if we have some young players for him to coach? 

Recognizing your ongoing animus for Ntilikina, let alone the likes of Knox and Smith, no one is off the table. 

However, given our long dishonored tradition of giving up and young players WAY TOO FUCKING SOON, worrying about re-upping or picking up the RFA Option on any of our kids, when we are paying 9.5 million for Taj and 8 million for Payton and Ellington and 19.5 million for Randle? 

Come on. 

PS: I am in a distinct minority here, but if Randle is on the block, I am all in for keeping Portis.  Bertans will cost way more in a bidding war with Washington. 

PPS: If we could somehow let Gibson's contact lapse, and re-up him for something like the lower MCE, I would be down for bringing him back.  Harkless?  Mmmmmm, not for anything vaguely like 11 million.  Bullock?  Good defender, good shooter, good contract. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:33:20 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13392 on: September 16, 2020, 04:35:39 PM »

As the sole Celt's fan on this board, Bo's frequent mention of this proposal always makes me laugh. When he was proposing this trade I posted that there was NO WAY, NONE, NADA, NO FUCKING CHANCE, the Celts would make the trade. It was mentioned to Bo that Melo was an overpaid ballhog who wouldn't pass or wouldn't play D, that would tie up the Celts cap space as they rebuilt, And in return for escaping Melo Bo wanted 2 high potential young'uns who were on rookie contracts. It was just fanciful play-acting GMing by Bo, which is fine, its what fans do, and I understood why Bo wanted to make the trade, but i also understood why Ainge would not. To pretend that it was based in reality was kind of silly.

Love me some BoD, but his pride of authorship in a "trade" that was never even vaguely on the event horizon, and his rainy day dream away slight return to it over and over, seems, well, kind of....ODD. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
RJ Barrett and RJ Hampton?
« Reply #13393 on: September 16, 2020, 04:37:39 PM »

https://sports.yahoo.com/insight-rj-hamptons-interview-knicks-201500540.html

Insight into RJ Hampton's interview with the Knicks and what he's done with Mike Miller to improve his shot

#notthatmikemillertheothermikemiller
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: September 16, 2020, 04:56:56 PM »

Love me some BoD, but his pride of authorship in a "trade" that was never even vaguely on the event horizon, and his rainy day dream away slight return to it over and over, seems, well, kind of....ODD.

Chip-did i ever tell you about my Rick Robey For Michael Cooper and the Laker's #1 pick trade propsal in '79? Trade machine loved it. Red loved it, But ex-Celt and Laker GM, Bill Sharnan was a little lukewarm.  Damn that was a nice swap.

Red finally came up with a decent Robey trade that sent him west for a decent guard in '83.

sometimes these things take time!

:)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:58:34 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1844