Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899268 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13530 on: September 26, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »

MIA outplayed BOS the 1st half but didn't have much of a lead.  I thought that was a bad sign for the Heat.

Theis really got going 2nd half.
Besides the very good D, Smart and Tatum were making nice passes, Jaylen was hitting, and Tatum was getting to the line.  BOS also picked apart the zone quite well.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
I'm ALL In [Sign Me Up]
« Reply #13531 on: September 26, 2020, 11:51:11 PM »

I am ALL IN on Jerami Grant

Yes Siree...now THAT's A Stertch 4-3

Kevin Knox, take note. 

Not sure he's leaving Denver.  Cap/tax issues, but why would they?  Yes Jerami would be my first choice to replace either Randle  Potis/Gibson and/or Randle. 

Please note: I DO NOT WANT to dump Randle.  Or Knox.  Kentucky in the house. 

However, at 6'7" 250, my second choice might be more obtainable, realistically speaking

Montrezl Harrell

Has the body, and scale, and edgy physical impact, if not the giddy athleticism of a Zion Williamson a Larry Johnson. 

Okay, Paul Milsap.  The ghost of Wes Unseld.  Still maturing at 26.  A defender and a fierce inside presence. 

Obviously Grant has more length, more versatlity, and that Stretch 4-3 range you like in a Bertrans or a Gallinari. 

Oh, and that BIG 3 RANGE.

But Harrell is unrestricted and available and he wants OUT of L.A.  He's had a belly full of Paul George, is on the final years of a $6 million contract and while one would hope his price was reasonable, would anyone here have a problem putting him in the Tak Gibson-Bobby Portis $10-15 million x per range? 

While Jerami would give us coverage at the 4-3-2, Harrell would give us coverage at the 4-5. 

Assuming, just for the sake of argument, that we let Potis and Gibson walk [leaving the door open for a return on a friendler deal],

Center-Power Forward: Robinson, Randle, Harrell, Wooten
Power Forward-Small Forward: Knox, Brazdeikis, [Draft Pick?]
Small Forward-Shooting Guard: Barrett, Bullock, Dotson [Draft Pick?]
Shooting Guard-Point Guard: Ntilikna, Smith, Harper [Draft Pick?]

That's 12 right there and three remaining roster spots for draft picks or free agents. 

I don't think we have a shot at Van Vleet.  The over under on Grant is better, but Denver is building something.  Not sure they are that penny wise and pound foolish. 

Harrell is a DAWG, and having him and a dawg like Wooten, presumably after Randle either passes his doctoral thesis or moves on, gives us some tough, physical players down low. 

Meanwhile, while Melo's return would, along with Gibson, have a feel good, mentor quality, I think he says in Portland, thank God. 

Gallinari.  Always liked his game, and he has grown.  Certainly fills a need.  He is 32, and has serious miles on the odometer.  Makes sense, if we are detemined to get a stretch 4-3 to replace Potis, and we can't get Grant, or Anthony Mason.  His three point shooting and free throw shooting are state of the art. His overall FG% not that gaudy.  Nor will he come cheap.  Nor will Grant or Harrell, but a level or so below. 

But my vote is Harrell. 

MEANWHILE....

Meanwhile, when Coach Thibs goes to bed at night, a betcha he gets a woody and the night sweats, as images of sugar plau fairies, Jimmy Butler and R.J. Barrett conflate in his reverie. 

PS: Most of the trades I read on line are ridiculous.  I like Ball, but three #1 picks and French Frank.  No. 

PPS: The roster listed above, and if we sign Harrell?  Vassell would be sweet at the 8-spot. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 11:57:40 PM by chipstern »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: September 26, 2020, 11:55:41 PM »

Fuck the Lakers

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13533 on: September 26, 2020, 11:58:36 PM »

Fuck the Lakers

Well, now...

LeBron certainly made a statement. 

So did Denver. 

On the big stage.  They'll be back. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: September 27, 2020, 12:52:37 AM »

Grant doesn't pass

Grant doesn't board.

But sure - let's have the effort guy.

chipstern

• View Profile
Jerami
« Reply #13535 on: September 27, 2020, 01:01:28 AM »

On the other hand....

Good length and wingspan and athleiticism.  Nice DNA as well. 

Jerami DEFENDS multiple positions, and shoots a high percentage of 3s.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13536 on: September 27, 2020, 03:15:27 AM »

Jerami Grant could be had if we hand him 4 years for 80 or so. I’d do that dumping Portis and Ellington to free up the cash. That’s talent consolidation if the player is willing to come on. If we do it as a sign and trade so they waive Portis and Ellington, I’m fine with that as well.

One of Deni Onyeka Devin Killian with 8 & see how the rest of draft night goes.

We can still free up more money to pursue other FA’s or absorb a very expensive PG for Randle and possibly some change kind of deal.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: September 27, 2020, 05:58:04 AM »

4/$80 for Gen Grant?  Yikes!  No from Bo.
I would be nervous at 4/$60M.  Was hoping more around $12.5M - $14M per.
3/$50M would be the top end I'd consider, and I probably wouldn't do that.

I'm a Montrezl fan.  One of those guys who gets others to play harder so they don't look bad by comparison.  He has limits, but so does Grant.
I like Grant and think he can expand his game, but worry about consistency and a little light in the seat for playing 4's.  But a terrific effort guy.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: September 27, 2020, 10:38:56 AM »

I'm a Montrezl fan.  One of those guys who gets others to play harder so they don't look bad by comparison.  He has limits, but so does Grant.

Like Jordan Hill

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13539 on: September 27, 2020, 11:22:26 AM »

Like Jordan Hill
If there are any social researchers here that would like a paradigm of somebody incapable of admitting error, I have a great candidate.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
It’s a disability
« Reply #13540 on: September 27, 2020, 12:10:33 PM »

Like Jordan Hill
If there are any social researchers here that would like a paradigm of somebody incapable of admitting error, I have a great candidate.

Poor Chamaco has some sort of disability. He just can’t see that that horse has been dead for a long time, so he keeps beating on it.

It may be a new and as yet unexplored disability. Maybe we should name it The Chamaco Disability, and then let the experts do their research.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 02:10:51 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13541 on: September 27, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »

Just to remind YG - I was WITH THE MASSES in 2009 in wishing to deal up for Curry.

Some here liked Thabeet and Flynn, both taken ahead of Steph

heh

In not being able (or willing - you can give some info for a change on this if you like, YG) to deal up, taking Hill was fine with me, yes. I liked him as an All American collegian and he played well for us vs expectation as a rook at 22

JH played just 24 games for us and yielded McGrady, who in theory could have been better for us

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: It’s a disability
« Reply #13542 on: September 27, 2020, 01:15:12 PM »

Like Jordan Hill

Poor Chamaco has some sort of disability. He just can’t see that that horse has been dead for a long time, se he keeps beating on it.

It may be a new and as yet unexplored disability. Maybe we should name it The Chamaco Disability, and then let the experts do their research.

He's really 2nd worst, not worst. And it's not even close.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: September 27, 2020, 01:59:01 PM »

Well, we all have players we like who don't pan out for whatever reason.  I thought Julian Wright was a potential all-star wing.  And thought Biedrins could do much of what Gobert has done.  (At least I was an early Gobert proponent).

I'm still pulling for Stan Johnson who is a very good defender and terrific in the open court.  Hopefully he can find somewhere he can play more. 

Kiid just more of a barnacle type than most.
And Hill didn't play well for us in 1/3 of a season.  44% FG for an interior big is not good.  And he was jittery on defense.

Montrezl otoh has a career 61% FG and averaged 17.5 Pts over the past two season.  He does need to improve his weak FT shooting.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
BEATING A DEAD HORSE: The Myth of The Ribber Jordan
« Reply #13544 on: September 27, 2020, 02:02:34 PM »

It's a compulsion.

Purporting to see ANY parallels between Hill and Harrell. 

Didn't play more than 16 fucking minutes a game until his 5th season. 

In his second and third season for the botttom dwelling Lakers:

9.7 ppg/7.4 reb
12.0 ppg/7.9 reb/1.5 ass [Age 27, 26.8. 21-61 record]

One for more season for the Pacers. 

8.8 ppg/6.2 reb/1.2 ass

Gone.

One final season for the Wolves (well, 7 games) and out of the league at 29 with a career .499 FG%

Harrell?

Differrent body.  Different game. Different progression.  Steady progression.  SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT. 

In Harrell's 2019-2020/5th season?  [Age 26, 27.8 minutes, 49-23 record]

18.6 ppg/7.1 reb/1.7 ass

Different bodies, different games, significantly different impact on the won-loss record. 

Dumber than a bag of hair. 

Anyway, got the attention you crave, so well-played, dead horse wise. 

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 02:05:44 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1844