Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899275 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13560 on: September 28, 2020, 02:51:23 PM »

There is a reasonable chance that Onyeka Okongwu, Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, Isaac Okoro could be on the board at #8.

Ya think?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13561 on: September 28, 2020, 03:00:49 PM »

I like about 8 guys in this draft

Happy if it goes this way

https://www.nbadraft.net/2020-extended-nba-mock-draft-2-0/

chipstern

• View Profile
Hedo Or Not To Do
« Reply #13562 on: September 28, 2020, 04:26:19 PM »

I like about 8 guys in this draft

Happy if it goes this way

https://www.nbadraft.net/2020-extended-nba-mock-draft-2-0/

A BEST CASE SCENARIO
Would But That It Were So

8. New York Knicks

Deni Avdija

Not that he isn’t deserving of his own recognition and hype, but Avdija clearly benefits from the immense success of Luka Doncic. European players are once again in vogue as Doncic has set the world on fire becoming one of the best young players ever, drawing Magic Johnson comparisons, and making many wonder whether he ultimately will surpass Dirk to become the greatest European NBA player ever. Avdija is not Doncic, though he has some Doncic-like qualities with his feel and versatility. He’s similarly not a pure shooter, but he understands how to play the pick and roll game and is a high level competitor. Avdija is back underway in Europe having played a handful of games since late June (with the Israeli league resuming following the COVID-19 stoppage) and started out red hot, especially shooting, but his productivity trailed off some after 5 or so games as the team’s leading scorer.

Why the Knicks take Avdija: More bad news for Knicks fans as the team dropped from 6 to 8 with an unkind draw in the draft lottery. The good news however is that this is a year when the difference between drafting 3 and 8 is not so great. They could easily land a player at eight in this draft that will end up better than a handful of guys taken before him. But then again, it is the Knicks, and developing and keeping talent has proven difficult in recent years. Avdija could be a Danilo Gallinari level player if all goes well. He’s not the shooter of Gallo, but has has more all around skills and playmaking ability.

NBA Comparison: Hedo Turkoglu

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13563 on: September 28, 2020, 05:55:02 PM »

Eh

Not so sure.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13564 on: September 28, 2020, 06:36:26 PM »

Eh

Not so sure.

Me either. 

Still, a skilled big wing. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
NEW ONE !!!
« Reply #13565 on: September 28, 2020, 06:36:48 PM »

Eh

Not so sure.

And Chamaco also says Free Portland, Free Louisville, Free Minneapolis, Free Los Angeles, Free New York City, Free San Francisco, Free Mar-A-Lago, Free ...Whatever ...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:32:36 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13566 on: September 28, 2020, 07:11:01 PM »

Doc out in LA

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29995811/doc-rivers-la-clippers-head-coach-sources-say

Doc Rivers has stepped down as head coach of the LA Clippers in what chairman Steve Ballmer called a "mutual decision."

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Doc
« Reply #13567 on: September 28, 2020, 07:21:40 PM »

Doc out in LA

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29995811/doc-rivers-la-clippers-head-coach-sources-say

Doc Rivers has stepped down as head coach of the LA Clippers in what chairman Steve Ballmer called a "mutual decision."

Maybe you take him back in Boston?

Clippers can hire Brad if you do.

Two good coaches in need of a change for two good teams that need a change too.

crazy, huh?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 07:24:48 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Doc
« Reply #13568 on: September 28, 2020, 07:30:18 PM »

Doc out in LA

Maybe you take him back in Boston?

Clippers can hire Brad if you do.

Two good coaches in need of a change for two good teams that need a change too.

crazy, huh?

Ubuntu2

I don't think so Carlos.

Doc left Boston because he didn't want to go through a rebuild. And wanted LA weather and Ballmer's money.

Sweet deal

I think Brad for all his weaknesses is safe for awhile.

I bet Doc spends Ballmer's severance on TNT or ESPN and on the golf course and contemplating something bigger than hoops. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Ok
« Reply #13569 on: September 28, 2020, 08:48:02 PM »

Ok Bank, maybe in a couple of years.

Meanwhile, if Boston and Brad should part ways you guys can always hire Mike Miller.

Then I'd become a Celtics fan. Think about that!!!

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
JVG
« Reply #13570 on: September 28, 2020, 11:07:40 PM »

JVG to the Clips.
He won’t last more than 2 years.
Was a bad coach for the Knicks. Just got lucky when he was forced to play the guys he didn’t like, Camby and Spree, due to injuries to other players. Then he proceeded to ride Ewing and Larry into the ground at 48 minutes and a half a game. Once he had destroyed the team, he left.
Messed up with Houston too. They just took too long to get rid of him.
Fuck him.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 11:33:07 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13571 on: September 29, 2020, 02:48:32 AM »

Interesting move docking Doc.
I always wondered why the CP3-Blake-DeAndrethe Giant Clips never went far.
But this team was slapped together recently and was playing well despite key guys missing time.  So seems a little rushed to push him out.  But questions about why his good team tend to underperform in the playoffs.

Doc is a very good leader.  And has one the best staffs.  I'd give it another year, unless PG13 and Kawhi are unhappy.

Doc along with Ballmer completely turned around the image of Clipper basketball.   So I guess there's hope for Knick fans, the promise of what a new owner can bring ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13572 on: September 29, 2020, 11:04:10 AM »

Interesting move docking Doc.
I always wondered why the CP3-Blake-DeAndrethe Giant Clips never went far.
But this team was slapped together recently and was playing well despite key guys missing time.  So seems a little rushed to push him out.  But questions about why his good team tend to underperform in the playoffs.

Doc is a very good leader.  And has one the best staffs.  I'd give it another year, unless PG13 and Kawhi are unhappy.

Doc along with Ballmer completely turned around the image of Clipper basketball.   So I guess there's hope for Knick fans, the promise of what a new owner can bring ...

Kawhi

&

George

After the 2020-2021 seasons, both have player options. 

Given, both would be leaving like $36-38 million on the table, however, there would be no shortage of shooters...SUTORS 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:40:03 AM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13573 on: September 29, 2020, 12:10:13 PM »

They didnt WORK together - likely they stay for the cash  then move their separate ways (and my guess is back east).

As Eddie Johnson said yesterday on Sirrius - the west only gets tougher.

One caller also killed Kawhi for first leaving a good situation in SA, then another good one in TOR.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13574 on: September 29, 2020, 12:36:35 PM »

Elijah Hughes
Hughes is a 22 year old junior who lacks great upside but has a polished skill set. he has solid bounce with the ability to posterize opponents if they doze off. Hughes may struggle to convince teams that he is strong enough of a defender to warrant a first round pick, but he pops out on tape with his motor and skill level. Hughes may ultimately be a rotational player, but he has surprising athleticism and his shooting ability gives him solid potential as a scorer.

Why the Celtics take Elijah Hughes: The Celtics have three first rounders and may opt to move this one if no players they like fall to them at their pick. They are a team that is contending, or at least close to it, so it would make sense for them to target players that can contribute sooner than later, at least with some of their picks. Hughes figures to contribute faster than most, and with multiple picks, the Celtics could look for upside with early picks and instant contribution here

What would we offer Boston for the #30?
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1844