Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899276 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13575 on: September 29, 2020, 04:16:00 PM »

Do the Knix actually need more young guys to develop?

We're trying to build around Mitch, RJB, maybe Knox, Franc, Dot.
Plus we'll have our #8 pick.   So that's a half dozen pups already.

Otherwise, a 2nd rounder would be cheaper to attain and sign.
And not guaranteed.

Might want to look for potential gems who go undrafted. 
2019 Undrafteds:
Laguentz Dort
Kendrick Nunn
Duncan Robinson had a breakout after just 15 cameos the year before
Etc.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: September 29, 2020, 07:42:28 PM »

Most of them will likely get drafted. Well done.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: September 29, 2020, 08:07:04 PM »

Haliburton

Hayes

Topin

Vassell

Okoro

Okongwu

Wiseman

chipstern

• View Profile
Spinning OR Grinning?
« Reply #13579 on: September 29, 2020, 08:08:42 PM »

Ian Begley: Tom Thibodeau noted that Julius Randle came to NY early to work with Knick coaches before Phase 1 individual workouts began last month. Thibodeau said Randle arrived in great shape and is a ‘pro’s pro.’ ‘Having that type of leadership is important to our team,” Thibodeau said. – via Twitter IanBegley

chipstern

• View Profile
Projections [Time On My Hands]
« Reply #13580 on: September 29, 2020, 08:30:24 PM »

C: Robinson

PF-C: Randle, Wooten

SF-PF:  Knox, Brazdeikis

SG-SF: Barrett, Bullock

PG-SG: Ntilikina, Smith, Harper

That Makes 10

Team Options: Gibson, Portis, Payton, Ellington

Free Agents: Dotson, Harkless

Decisions to be made in the way of our free agents. 

I like Portis, but I think that is pretty remote, particulary when $15 million could possibly, KNICK ON WOOD, get us Jerami Grant who can play/guard four positions. 

Out of the six options and free agents? 

My vote is for Gibson and Dotson. 

Thibs is such a Pat Riley man, I can't help thinking the Knicks will come to some sort of arrangment/better price with Gibson as a mentor, harbinger of the the culture to come, much as Udonis Hasslem on the Heat. 

And Dotson is a wing in the 3 & D mode, who cand man up on defense and hit the three.  Also, one of the few actual factual developmental achievements of the past three seasons, through thick and thin, health and hardship.

In the unlikely event we have a shot at Grant? 

Whom do we draft? 

Best available at the 8-spot. 

All of the projections go out the window if the Wolves and Warriors look to trade down, trade out.  Edwards might not be such a lock and is more likely to drop than Ball, who is very much a wild card.  Minny or GS could easily say, fuck it, we cannot pass on THIS Talent.  Long term, I think the idea of a Ball-Russell back court is more enticing than Edwards-Russell, because Ball would free up Russell to play off the ball, where he is capable and dangerous. 

I pray no one in The Rose Room is contemplating any of the goofy trades being floated for Paul or Westbrook.  Ball?  Mmmmmm.  Tempting.  If the price is not exhorbanant. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: September 29, 2020, 10:13:41 PM »

Haliburton

Hayes

Topin

Vassell

Okoro

Okongwu

Wiseman

What about them?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: September 30, 2020, 02:20:53 AM »

Okongwu & Vassell sound like terrific competitors.
My two targets.  Though most drafts have Okongwu in the 5-7 range.

As for Randle, well everyone is in the greatest shape of their lives and 102% committed and smells like a rose in the off-season.  I recall long glowing articles about Jared Jeffries intensive summer workout regime. 

Summer NBA season is the equivalent of those Dvd's commentaries where an actor praises everyone else involved in the film and how great they were to work with, and what a great experience the whole project was.  Total fluffery. 

My theory is that with little to no actual team news, it's a chance for beat writers to ingratiate themselves with the team and players, and cultivate relationships for the future.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: September 30, 2020, 05:16:23 PM »

I’d like to see Mitch Wooten Knox Barrett Ntilikina survive the offseason and get some run together as a unit. If Thibs and Rose wanted to give that a go, they’d have 4 or 5 months at least to develop individual skills, build bodies, and develop chemistry. You are looking at a very high defensive ceiling and potential for scoring in transition from this group. If Thibs can get all five guys to create and hit corner 3s, the unit has the potential to score decently as well. Creating threes involves screening, off ball movement, timely swings and kickouts. Mitch and Kenny might have to develop into reliable takers of those corner 3s, but they can be creators on some of those levels right away.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: September 30, 2020, 09:24:52 PM »

GO HEAT!

chipstern

• View Profile
Call For Clipper Jane
« Reply #13585 on: October 01, 2020, 12:11:39 AM »

Okongwu & Vassell sound like terrific competitors.
My two targets.  Though most drafts have Okongwu in the 5-7 range.

As for Randle, well everyone is in the greatest shape of their lives and 102% committed and smells like a rose in the off-season.  I recall long glowing articles about Jared Jeffries intensive summer workout regime. 

Summer NBA season is the equivalent of those Dvd's commentaries where an actor praises everyone else involved in the film and how great they were to work with, and what a great experience the whole project was.  Total fluffery. 

My theory is that with little to no actual team news, it's a chance for beat writers to ingratiate themselves with the team and players, and cultivate relationships for the future.

THAT WAS WEAK AND SELF AGGRANDIZING ON THE QUANTUM LEVEL OF KIID GOING ON ABOUT JORDAN HILL. 

You are creating a false relevancy between the skillsets of Jared Jeffries and Julian Randle? 

Wow.  Speaking of Summer NBA Season.  Apparently it afflicts online Forum pundits as well. 

Over the years, there have been players who triggered your disdain, activated your elusive gag reflext, and thus colored your analysis.  Jamal Crawford.  Zach Randolph.  Julius Randle. 

Jared Jeffries? 

And I'm supposed to take your assesments seriously after this? 

Where is ClipperJane when we really need her. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Draft...A Gift That Keeps Giving
« Reply #13586 on: October 01, 2020, 02:05:19 AM »

#8 Jordan Hill
#9 DeMar DeRozan
#10 Brandon Jennings
#17 Jrue Holiday
#18 Ty Lawson
#29 Toney Douglas

Since Ty Law was mentioned.  Last week he got booted by his Chinese team for "insulting Chinese women."  First he declared on Instagram: "Chinese women got cakes on the low" which likely wouldn't get him in trouble since even I have no idea what that means.  Hell, it rather sounds like something from Chinese poorly translated into English.  But then two hours later TyLaw posted a pic of him sorta groping a Chinese girl in what seemed to be a strip club.

Reportedly he's now banned from playing in China.
Sensitive folks here.  Gotta follow the law, son.  And be more careful on social media -- or hell, just use a friend's account if you happen to be a public figure.

Ty Law has had alcohol problems, and apparently there was avid of him shouting and harassing some people at a Starbucks in Shanghai earlier this year, and it was presumed he'd been imbibing.  Not sure how many leagues are up and running, and willing to hire Americans these days.

An educated guess. 

An old school, unshaved pudendum. 

Had a productive six year run for Denver before a precipitous decline in 2015, bouncing around to a few teams before landing in China.  One would think boozing had something to do with it from the sudden/sodden statistical decline. 

Speaking of Denver, I see Kenneth Faried also bolted for China.

Cakes = Nice butt cheeks

The low = something most people don't know.

So it means: FYI some of these girls got nice ass if you didn't know
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Live & Learn [FYI]
« Reply #13587 on: October 01, 2020, 10:01:55 AM »

Nevertheless, referencing the southern extremeties.

Thanks, Kam. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13588 on: October 01, 2020, 10:55:44 AM »

You totally missed the point.
Summer articles are fluff fluff fluff, and even a marginal talent like Jeffries was touted as having a great Summer
and in great shape and ready to contribute.  Maybe Randle is in great shape and focused, but usually out of the 100%
of the players who are said to be so in the Summer, it's roughly true of 10%.  Randle could use some body toning.

Yes, Randle is not my type of player, but I really tried to keep an open mind on him.  And was encouraged that he had
shot 3's relatively well the prior year.  But his 3's deserted him, and most such attempts last season made me cringe.
The Knix were a poor team and encouraged some of Randle's worst instincts -- such as bringing the ball upcourt and
calling his own number.

I still think he's a hard guy to fit in to a 5-man unit.  Which is also why it isn't easy to trade him.
He can beast smaller guys and has a soft touch.  Though those blind spins can be an adventure.
With more commitment on D, I could live with Randle.
If we keep Randle, Thibs should try to get Julius and Mitch working in tandem.
Though our G deficiency is going to thwart progress on the O.
Randle's near 20 & 10 was probably the most dispiriting I've seen.
Again, not all his fault, as our team was wonky, especially at G.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: October 01, 2020, 11:20:20 AM »

Only knock on Thibs for me is that I feel Knicks need to create more effective OFFENSE to up their win total

But he did have the best of Derrick Rose, so that appears to be a feather in Thibs cap we can be happy about

Randle and Knox learned very little defense at Ky.  At least Barrett has a bit of a background having played for K - but that was just the one year - and AAU coaches sure didnt coach him up in that aspect prior to collegiate ball

3-4 year collegians who played in solid defensive systems would be good targets - though of course that SPECIAL type O guy is always desirable.

At 8, who is special on that side of the ball?   That's the important Q.  Is Avdija even that guy if he falls?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:28:03 AM by kiidcarter8 »
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1844