Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964311 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13665 on: October 11, 2020, 10:39:42 PM »

Congrats to the Lakers and their fans.

I think the NBA deserved a lot of credit for putting on a pretty good tournament under very difficult conditions, which i hope the players and the fans never have to repeat again.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13666 on: October 11, 2020, 11:33:35 PM »

100%.

Magnificent job. Silver. NBA. LJ. AD. Lakes. Vogel.

****and Playoff Rondo, too..
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13667 on: October 12, 2020, 03:18:01 AM »

Missed it.   I wish the NBA well but I don't think you can put any stock into the 2020 season results.
True home court advantage would've made a difference.  And yeah -- maybe the Lakers would've won anyway, but we will never know. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13668 on: October 12, 2020, 04:34:21 AM »

If trump were half as competent or organized or took his job half as seriously as Adam Silver, at least 150,000 of those who died from Covid-19 would still be alive.

Rondo was awesome.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Rondo
« Reply #13669 on: October 12, 2020, 07:46:40 AM »

We could've drafted Rondo or Lowry back in the day. 

Probably could have made a run at Rondo at something under $45 million the past few years. 

That train has left the station. 

Not to take ANYTHING away from LeBron and Davis, awesome as they were, but Rondo was the wild card, a coach on the floor. 

The BUBBLE response by the NBA was impressive, and as Bo says, we should only have gotten such leadership from The Scumbriola In Chief, vis a vis his COVID non response. 

Hard to see how we move forward with the 2021 season, but Silver's management gives one hope. 

Now let's send Trump packing.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13670 on: October 12, 2020, 01:22:30 PM »

Amen on RR, Chip.

Why is Leon Rose prohibited from adding Rondo now or next year?

Rajon is on a player option at 2.6 mil for '20-'21

chipstern

• View Profile
Rajon Rondo
« Reply #13671 on: October 12, 2020, 04:42:42 PM »

What would stop Leon Rose from enlisting Rajon Rondo?

Rob Pelinka

Frank Vogel

LeBron James

I have a feeling the Knicks take the best talent available at #8 and the best PG at #27. 

Have a feeling that Dennis Smith is going to get a legit shot at the PG role.  Frank doubling at the 2.

Best case scenario?  Chris Childs & Charlie Ward.

Worst case scenario?  2021 Draft Lottery. 

Wild Card?  Jared Harper.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #13672 on: October 12, 2020, 05:10:09 PM »

F Lebron and F the Lakers.

I'm personally tired of the entitlement, hand-picked teams that dominate the league. If every team gets to round-robin pick players one at a time, fine.  But this superstar buddy shit has to go.

May all the prima donnas rot in the bubble of hell.

Just my $.02

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13673 on: October 12, 2020, 05:14:49 PM »

Definitely fuck the Lakers. Let’s build the team that grinds them to dust!

It’s slim pickings on the FA PG front after VanFleet.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #13674 on: October 12, 2020, 05:29:14 PM »

Definitely fuck the Lakers. Let’s build the team that grinds them to dust!

It’s slim pickings on the FA PG front after VanFleet.

No, not necessarily.  Reggie Jackson, while not a starter, would still be a nice pickup.

Frank Mason might be worth a look and Brad Wanamaker is a solid, blue-collar back-up.

And if we trade for CP3 or Conley, there's that.

Personally I'm happy with Ntilikina and the FO choice of backups [draft, trade, FA].

FVV isn't signing here unless Toronto goes into fiscal calamity. But even assuming that, NY is a bad fit.  FVV is successful in that team's chemistry.  We don't have that yet.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #13675 on: October 12, 2020, 05:36:23 PM »

If trump were half as competent or organized or took his job half as seriously as Adam Silver, at least 150,000 of those who died from Covid-19 would still be alive.

-snip-

A dubious assertion.  Its easy to point fingers but there was so much that went wrong simultaneously that anyone in charge would have had a similar result.  Capitalism drives many things that are out of political control.

Yes, I get it - blame the weather on Trump but it gets us nowhere in terms of personal responsibility.  The country still resists masks, distancing, and more.  Sure, Trump is an A-hole but as John Lennon so splendidly informed us - he's not the only one.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13676 on: October 12, 2020, 06:29:01 PM »

Rob Pelinka

Frank Vogel

LeBron Jame

You think Lakers give Rondo a raise/more years?  Or that he wants to stay so bad he does so without an extension?

Just curious what your thinking is.  Rajon has bills, like everyone.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13677 on: October 12, 2020, 06:35:06 PM »

Re:  draft and the lead guard spot - I have no idea what tape Leon Rose - and even Thibs - could possibly watch to conclude that Smith or Ntlikina could start

Elfrid?  YES

A trade up - or a trade for a vet - or we pick up the Payton option - he's better than the current Reggie.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13678 on: October 12, 2020, 06:53:34 PM »

-snip-

A dubious assertion.  Its easy to point fingers but there was so much that went wrong simultaneously that anyone in charge would have had a similar result.  Capitalism drives many things that are out of political control.

Yes, I get it - blame the weather on Trump but it gets us nowhere in terms of personal responsibility.  The country still resists masks, distancing, and more.  Sure, Trump is an A-hole but as John Lennon so splendidly informed us - he's not the only one.

I don’t think you are giving donald enough credit for how thoroughly he has rendered the republican party supine, submissive, and subordinate to his will. His design to let the disease run rampant and infect his foes was universally picked up by trump adherents, making beating Covid in this country a 60-40 issue where otherwise it would have been 90-10.

Studies show an 8-10 day earlier start to the national response would have led to a drastically better curve. He knew for more than a month before Tom Hanks and the NBA took his option to do nothing away from him.

There still is the most cockeyed and negligible national response possible due to the fundamental uselessness of this administration. Almost a thousand more people are dying every day as tens of thousands more each day are found to be infected.

Without diminishing anyone else’s culpability (there is plenty of culpability to go around), I can easily see that trump has hung at least one hundred and fifty thousand homicides around his own neck.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Sorry, no, there wouldn't have been a similar result with competent leadership.
« Reply #13679 on: October 12, 2020, 07:09:44 PM »

-snip-

I don’t think you are giving donald enough credit for how thoroughly he has rendered the republican party supine, submissive, and subordinate to his will. His design to let the disease run rampant and infect his foes was universally picked up by trump adherents, making beating Covid in this country a 60-40 issue where otherwise it would have been 90-10.

Studies show an 8-10 day earlier start to the national response would have led to a drastically better curve. He knew for more than a month before Tom Hanks and the NBA took his option to do nothing away from him.

There still is the most cockeyed and negligible national response possible due to the fundamental uselessness of this administration. Almost a thousand more people are dying every day as tens of thousands more each day are found to be infected.

Without diminishing anyone else’s culpability (there is plenty of culpability to go around), I can easily see that trump has hung at least one hundred and fifty thousand homicides around his own neck.

Your estimate is probably significantly low. Original sin: Basically shuttering the monitoring offices Obama had set up inside China for just such an eventuality. Could have changed the path of the pandemic globally.

And FWK is completely wrong, nothing dubious about your compare-and-contrast assertion on Silver v. the Fuck. Not a single transmission in the bubble while parts of the country continues to reject incredibly easy, extremely effective Covid-prevention measures precisely because of the lack of leadership, or rather, leadership that directs people to ingest bleach and alien semen. Case in point, just this afternoon:

The scene in Sanford, Florida ahead of Trump’s first campaign rally since he was hospitalized for Covid-19

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:22:52 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1851