Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 906998 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13860 on: October 24, 2020, 12:44:42 PM »

Like I said - take those mocks with a grain of whatever you are sniffing

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13861 on: October 24, 2020, 12:50:56 PM »

Avdija to GSW is interesting, but they'd probably be better trading down or just trading out for a vet.

This will always be offer-dependent

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13862 on: October 24, 2020, 12:52:02 PM »

Okoro sounds like a nice player but a poor fit.  Next to RJB, that'd be two wings who can't shoot, plus paint-bound Mitch.

Underrate on Barrett

But I wont disagree

I would like a scorer

chipstern

• View Profile
More Musings
« Reply #13863 on: October 24, 2020, 01:48:39 PM »

Okoro sounds like a nice player but a poor fit.  Next to RJB, that'd be two wings who can't shoot, plus paint-bound Mitch.

Underrate on Barrett

But I wont disagree

I would like a scorer

So would I, hence VASSELL.  Knicks On Wood. 

Poor shooting is not a lifetime affliction. 

Bruce Bowen had a nice carrear as a defensive stopper, a la Okoro, and while he never was a good FT shooter, and his 2-pt percentages were nothing to write home about, his corner 3-point shooting was epic. 

And we just witnesses Igoudala and Jae Crowder make a pretty significant contribution to the post season. 

It's a roll of the dice. 

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist never progressed in the offensive arena.  Justise Winslow is evolving, but the jury is still out. 

As per the draft board, Wiseman dropping to #8? 

Haha.  Let alone Toppin, who has Cavs written all over him. 

I think the key thing is a fit with RJ.  Vassell checks off all the boxes.  Good size for a modern SG/SF Wing [6'7"], very good defender, drop dead shooter.  Presuming we keep Bullock, Vassell could give us some nice options at the 2-3. 

Brazdeikis and Knox give us coverage at SF/PF.   

I'd be inclined to roll the dice on a PG waiting for us at #27.  Kira Lewis?  Too much to hope for.  Again, I think Hayes and Halliburton are goners between the Bulls, the Hawks and the Pistons. 

Hard to read how PG-SG goes for the Knicks, free agent or draft wise, thinks being so fucked up from the pandemic. 

I don't see Van Vleet bolting the Raptors. 

I don't think the Knicks take the bait on Olidiapo, wonderful player, but due for a max and coming off a really bad injury. 

How committed are the Knicks to Dennis and Frank?  And the Harper kid?  And Payton? 

Rose has really beefed up our team in terms of top-tier player development coaches like Kenny Payne and Johnnie Bryant, given TT a D-oriented AC in Mike Woodson, and all manner of heady, heavy duty front office types, such as capologist Brock Aller as vice president, basketball and strategic planning, talent guru Walt Perrin (who made the case for Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert among many others for the Jazz) as assistant general manager/college scouting and Frank Zanin as assistant general manager/pro scouting....in addition to well regarded scouts, such as 26 year old Alex Kline back in June, and just the other day, long-time Dallas Mavericks advance scout Reginald “Reggie” Johnson, who is slated to serve as a pro personnel scout for the Knicks after spending his first 25 years in the league with the Mavericks, including 14 seasons as the team's advance scout.

Rose has cleared house, and with the exception of Scott Perry, has brought in a new brain trust, you should pardon the expression, and of course, THIBS, so we have intimations of a new approach, a new culture. 

The draft and free agency will give us our first hint as to whether for all of this movement, Leon Rose represents chicken salad or chicken shit, a new culture or the same old tired ass, Quick Fix Knicks Approach.

In any event, I suspect that whom we pick at #8 will be evaluated on the basis of what kind of fit they make with RJ. 

Finally, the POST, cough, published their 5.0 Mock Draft, and they claim Knicks are in love with PG Killian Hayes at #8. 

And at #27? Whoever the fuck this is? 

Robert Woodard II, SF, Mississippi State
Another team that needs shooting. To get it, this wing who can hit 42.9 percent from deep and also has a 7-foot wingspan and 235-pound frame, might be too good to pass up.

About Robert Woodard

Robert Woodard is a long forward with good athleticism, promising playmaking ability on the defensive end, and budding consistency as a floor spacer.  Emerging as a prospect early in his career, Woodard averaged 5.6 points and 3.8 rebounds per game at the 2015 FIBA U16 Americas Championship.  Widely regarded as one of the top-50 prospects in the high school class of 2018 following his senior year at Columbus High School (MS), Woodard stayed in state to play for Ben Howland at Mississippi State.

Averaging 5.7 points and 4.2 rebounds per game as a freshman carving out a reserve role for the Bulldogs, Woodard showed significant improvement as a sophomore scoring 11.4 points and putting down 6.5 rebounds per game while displaying intriguing two-way potential.

A lanky 6-foot-7 wing with a strong 230-pound frame and a terrific 7-foot-1 wingspan, Woodard has excellent physical tools for a forward.  He is also a powerful athlete with enough agility to slide on the perimeter defensively.

Playing a significant role off the ball for the Bulldogs, Woodard emerged as a capable floor spacer in his second collegiate season, but did much of his best work at the rim where his athleticism helped him make an impact filling lanes in transition, crashing the offensive glass, and finishing lobs.

Having some impressive moments contesting shots, switching onto guards, and blocking shots, Woodard checks a lot of boxes defensively.  His combination of strength, length, and mobility made him a difference maker at the college level.
Defensive Analysis

Possessing the length to challenge shots and be a factor in the passing lanes, the strength to put a body on bigger players inside, and the agility to step out and guard on the perimeter, Woodard flashed intriguing defensive ability last season.

Switching to guard multiple positions, he allowed 0.67 points per one-on-one possession as he flashed appealing versatility as an individual defender, even if he is still learning how to make the most of his tools off the ball consistently.   
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 01:55:39 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: October 24, 2020, 01:55:32 PM »

How committed are the Knicks to Dennis and Frank?  And the Harper kid?  And Payton?

How committed s any new coach/team president to existing talent that isnt all star calibre?

They are committed rigt now to just 2 players.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13865 on: October 24, 2020, 02:00:32 PM »

One of Hayes' comparables is D'Angelo - so I have an open mind on him.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 02:06:35 PM by kiidcarter8 »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: October 24, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »

One of Hayes' comparables is D'Angelo - so I have an open mind on him.

Kirk Hinrich/Spencer Dinwiddie

Be surprised if he is there at #8. 

Lefty interesting, because so is RJ. 

Connection to Frank is also interesting. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: October 24, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »

Strengths: Tall, left handed point guard (6-5), with very good size for his position … Very good length (wingspan measured at 6-foot-8) … Great feel for the game … Nice build, with long arms and wide shoulders that look they can fill up well … Has good level of athleticism … Fluid athlete … Versatile, can play in either guard position thanks to his size and length … Has a high basketball I.Q. … Experienced for his age, has been playing at a good senior level the past two years … Can change speeds and directions at an elite level … Can create his own shot … Has good touch around the basket … Already has a great pull up game and a constantly improving step back shot, with his range going all the way out to the 3-point line … Has improved as a shooter in Spot Up situations … Good ball handler, with a few hesitation moves that help him create his shot … Has excellent body control while driving to the basket … Likes to finish plays hard when he goes to the basket and even dunk when he has space … Has already some nice counter moves when he drives to the basket and can’t get all the way to the basket … At his best in transition, he can be a one man fast break …

Sounds like Russell

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13868 on: October 24, 2020, 03:50:12 PM »

Deni Avdija: Yeah, I tried to do my best and it was most important for me to share the ball with other players from other countries who came here and don’t have that big of a stage. I tried to make them better, talk to them, maybe pass them the ball more. At the end of the day 80 minutes isn’t a lot of time to play and prove yourself. It was really a tough three days, everybody was sore and tight, but we still managed to get some good experience and playing time.

Tough not to like this guy

https://www.nbadraft.net/deni-avdija-interview/

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: October 24, 2020, 04:20:09 PM »

Promoted in the 1930s as the “fastest girl drummer in the world” Viola Smith, a pioneering drummer and original “hep girl” of the swing and big band era, died on Wednesday in Costa Mesa, California. She was 107.

Check out the vid of one of those all "girl" bands.  Interesting drum kit and her cymbals look all bashed to hell.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 05:07:06 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Viola [Schmitz] Smith
« Reply #13870 on: October 24, 2020, 04:33:23 PM »

Promoted in the 1930s as the “fastest girl drummer in the world” Viola Smith, a pioneering drummer and original “hep girl” of the swing and big band era, died on Wednesday in Costa Mesa, California. She was 107.

Check out the vid of one of those all "girl" bands.  Interesting drum kit and her cymbals look all basked to hell.

A month shy of 108. 

Atrributed her long and blessed life to good wine, good books and DRUMMING. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFDD_NxtKZ4

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: October 24, 2020, 07:58:15 PM »

No Gina Schock but impressive nonetheless

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: October 26, 2020, 12:55:33 AM »

How committed s any new coach/team president to existing talent that isnt all star calibre?
That isn't starting caliber ... that's our problem.

As for fit:
Vassal checks a lot of boxes.  Shooter, defender, wing.
Hayes: ballhandler, lead guard (awfully young and high risk/reward)
TyH: shooter, ballhandler, passer, combo guard
Okongwu: defender

Hayes (CHI-DET) and Okongwu expected to go ahead of us.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13873 on: October 26, 2020, 09:27:53 AM »

I think there aren't many expectations past top 4 players.  I take Hayes out of there for now.

If we love all 5 including Hayes (that would be Wiseman, Avdija, Ball, Edwards) then trying to deal with any of those 5 should be our quest.

Don't see a deal up for 6 and 7 in other words - and dealing down would be offer dependent - as in, "nah, you're not giving us enough, we will just stay at 8" or " we like what we can get at that slot in the trade down and you offered us a piece we like"
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13874 on: October 26, 2020, 09:36:21 AM »

I see in the Post mock they have elevated top collegiate point guards Tre Jones (Duke) and Cassius Winston (Mich State) to first round status, Jones all the way to top 20.

I applaud this.  I'd take either on Knicks.

Also see Ainge ends up with Achiuwa and the Spaniard Bolmaro.  That would be good work.  I do expect Danny to deal from his 3 first rounders.  We'll see.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 1847