Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899351 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Ass Hat of the Millennium Burps Again
« Reply #13905 on: October 28, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

lol, you know that now?

yes

lol, there's no need to prove yourself everyday. You already won the prize — nobody can take it away!

Let’s face it, Les.
You have a new fan, and his name is Chamaco Cartero.
Lucky you!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
BoD
« Reply #13906 on: October 28, 2020, 04:16:45 PM »

I am in no particular hurry to toss BIG MONEY at ANY Free Agents. 

I am sure that sounds retrograde dumb, but I would much rather keep our powder dry and have the cap space to take on contracts, faciliate trades, build up a stash of draft picks and be ready to pounce on bargains. 

Hey, remember when Ainge needed cap space to sign Kyrie Irving. 

And he jettisoned Thomas & Crowder & Olynik. 

Rose has surrounded himself with a different set of thinkers and coaches. 

I believe--LEAST WAYS, I HOPE--they are looking to be patient and opportunistic

I know Kiid views that as naive, but we have tried quick fixes and tossing money against the wall for 20-25 years.

Time to GET FUCKING SMART. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13907 on: October 28, 2020, 05:56:53 PM »

You can't judge it til you at least know what the deal is.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: October 28, 2020, 06:37:29 PM »

Chip - you are already a yes on three free agents

Van Vleet, Bogdanovic and Bertans

Likely 5 others if you are to be honest.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: October 28, 2020, 06:53:45 PM »

I am considering dropping this site after the election.

Anybody interested in taking on the moderator position if/when I go?

If so, drop me a PM letting me know why you'd want that joy-inducing power. Thanks.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
OH NOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #13910 on: October 28, 2020, 07:19:48 PM »

If so, drop me a PM letting me know why you'd want that joy-inducing power. Thanks.

Please don’t do it.

I understand it’s probably a lot of work for too few of us.

But some of us really enjoy this site, at least I know I do. And you’re it’s creator. It would never be the same if someone else takes over.

Imagine if Chamaco Cartero becomes the moderator. I’ll probably be the first one banned from here. Unless you make him swear over Trump’s dead body that he won’t do that.

Now, seriously, PLEASE DON’T GO!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: OH NOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #13911 on: October 28, 2020, 07:36:06 PM »

Please don’t do it.

But some of us really enjoy this site, at least I know I do. And you’re it’s creator. It would never be the same if someone else takes over.

Imagine if Chamaco Cartero becomes the moderator. I’ll probably be the first one banned from here. Unless you make him swear over Trump’s dead body that he won’t do that.

Carlos, Josh-who-created-Escape_from_Elba is not me. (Otherwise, I would have ADMIN powers and be all powerful... bwa ha ha ha!)

And once I hand over what meager power I have, I don't imagine a promise to me would be worth a damn no matter what he swore over...

Our founder has not been seen in these parts in years except for a postless visit about 15 months ago, I think. I know I haven't heard from him, even out of here, for quite a while.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Ass Hat of the Millennium Burps Again
« Reply #13912 on: October 28, 2020, 08:04:07 PM »

lol, you know that now?

yes

lol, there's no need to prove yourself everyday. You already won the prize — nobody can take it away!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: October 28, 2020, 08:07:00 PM »

Please don’t do it.

Carlos, Josh-who-created-Escape_from_Elba is not me. (Otherwise, I would have ADMIN powers and be all powerful... bwa ha ha ha!)

And once I hand over what meager power I have, I don't imagine a promise to me would be worth a damn no matter what he swore over...

Our founder has not been seen in these parts in years except for a postless visit about 15 months ago, I think. I know I haven't heard from him, even out of here, for quite a while.

Dread Pirate Roberts situation?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13914 on: October 28, 2020, 08:13:31 PM »

Chip - you are already a yes on three free agents

Van Vleet, Bogdanovic and Bertans

Likely 5 others if you are to be honest.

Absolutely. 

If the price is right and we do not expend all of our cap space and flexibility like a drunken fucking sailor. 

Realistically? 

I think Van Vleet is loyal, happy and will take the max. 

I think Bertrans would be a nice pickup, as we are in need of a stretch four, but I suspect Washington is going to gin up the price. 

Bogdonavich? 

Now you're talking, especially if we don't take a wing like Vassell, whom I would prefer over Okoro. 

As for stretch fours, I'm good with Knox spending some time at the 3 & the 4. 

Finally, I've seen some projections where Toppin might fall to us. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, his defense.  Catch your breath, BoD. 

The kid is an offensive force with stretch 4 range and a power forward body. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: October 28, 2020, 08:22:03 PM »

I’m on board with letting teams park players we can use at salaries they can’t bear on our books and using the change for a free agent or two.

Conely + 23 for DSJ or Payton + 38

They shave 25 mil at least off of Conely, get a look at someone they might go forward with, and a prospect they have to pay less in an uncertain draft.

Has only short term repercussions for us. In all ways but financial, to the good.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: October 28, 2020, 10:15:34 PM »

Please don’t do it.

Dread Pirate Roberts situation?

Nah - he got the "keys" to the ship and the name.

I have so much less than that. I get to be first mate who wonders where DPR has gotten himself off to, but keeps the ship cruising about.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: October 28, 2020, 10:28:48 PM »

Please don’t do it.

Sure, but imagine what he swore over...

Trump’s dead body!

THAT WOULD TRULY MAKE IT WORTH IT

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13918 on: October 29, 2020, 02:09:35 PM »

What's the point of Toppin?
We already have a near 20 & 10 PF who plays poor D.
So then you need to move Randle.
While both Randle and Toppin seem like they can only play one position.

I think we need to land a top FA, hit on the draft and try to make a trade splash.

FA:
I'd make a big offer to Capt Van Vleet -- up to $22M a year.
If that fails, I'd try for Bogdanovic @ ~ $18M

Draft:
Vassal; Halliburton.  Hayes or Okongwu if available.
#27 pick -- Kira, Malachi, Tre Jones or Saddiq Bey

Add in FVV + Vassell and our shooting and D improves.  And we'd have a lead guard.  Sure I overpay for that.

Add FVV and Halliburton and our G play improves greatly, better ballhandling and passing and shooting.

Add Bodgan and Vassell/TyH -- shooting and ballhandling upgrade

Trade:
Randle + Knox + Jr. Smith can all go.  Franc too.  Along with anyone whose option we could pick up.  And for the right player I'd also move RJB or Mitch.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: October 29, 2020, 03:28:21 PM »

I’m on board with letting teams park players we can use at salaries they can’t bear on our books and using the change for a free agent or two.

Conely + 23 for DSJ or Payton + 38

They shave 25 mil at least off of Conely, get a look at someone they might go forward with, and a prospect they have to pay less in an uncertain draft.

Has only short term repercussions for us. In all ways but financial, to the good.

I’d do something similar for DeRozan and the Spurs #11 pick.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1844