Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 963716 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #14460 on: November 19, 2020, 03:47:01 PM »

Randle's days are numbered. But he could be the starting PF and a mentor this year.  But he'll be shopped mid-season and again in the Summer.

Well, yeah = pretty much on a  1-year deal unless he SUDDENLY becomes a fave of Thibs

Could pick up second year if looking to use it in a deal (see what happened with Ariza this year)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #14461 on: November 19, 2020, 03:55:57 PM »

Chris Iseman: Knicks make it official: Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton, Kenny Wooten and Taj Gibson have all been waived. They’re not exercising team options on Theo Pinson and Bobby Portis. – via Twitter ChrisIseman

No surprises except for Kenny Wooten. 

So now we have Mitchell at the 5 and Julius and ObiDialUp at the 4. 

Room for Portis or Gibson at the 5-4 slot if the price is right. 

We shall see. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: November 19, 2020, 03:59:34 PM »

We could trade Randle and Franc for Russ.  That's shave $25M off our payroll, so that Westbrook's $41M would only be an additional $16M.
It's the 2 years after that make it real problematic.
Westbrook and kiddies - RJB - Knox - Topping - Mitch
Quickley - Franc - Bullock - Taj(?) - Jr. Smith
And we'd still have a good amount of cap space this year.

Not saying I'd do it.  But it would make us more fun to watch.
RJB - Top - Mitch all sprinting down court with Russ.

Well, we're gonna do something with the cap space.
Hope it works out.  Still lotsa holes to fill.

Well you've sold me on the deal. If all we have to give up is Randle and one of Franc/SmithJr/Knox* then I would pull the trigger.
 Russ has more than a year left in him for sure
And if he starts falling apart in three years we just cut ties or move him as an expiring.
If Houston asks for more I'm willing to walk away and look into FVV.

*I'm not giving Houston a sweetheart deal to get out of Russ's contract with no other suitors. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:01:43 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Why are we making his name longer than it needs to be
« Reply #14463 on: November 19, 2020, 04:02:44 PM »

His name is Obi.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Current Roster
« Reply #14464 on: November 19, 2020, 04:09:16 PM »

Bigs:  Mitch/Randle/Obi

Wings:  RJ/Bullock/Knox/Bradzeikis

Backcourt: Ntilikina/SmithJR

Two-Way: Harper

Free Agents (bird rights): Dotson, Harkless

Am I missing anybody.  ... Isaiah Hicks?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:14:18 PM by Kam »

chipstern

• View Profile
Current Roster
« Reply #14465 on: November 19, 2020, 04:42:23 PM »

Bigs:  Mitch/Randle/Obi

Wings:  RJ/Bullock/Knox/Bradzeikis

Backcourt: Ntilikina/SmithJR

Two-Way: Harper

Free Agents (bird rights): Dotson, Harkless

Am I missing anybody.  ... Isaiah Hicks?

Good one. 

Interest in Bobby Portis return to Knicks

Ian Begley: Elfrid Payton, Kenny Wooten will be waived & NYK, as expected, won’t exercise Bobby Portis’ option, sources confirm. Some mutual interest in Portis’ return, per sources. Also, no qualifying offer for Damyean Dotson. NYK has planned to keep Reggie Bullock. Newsday first reported. – via Twitter IanBegley

Not sure how the Birds Rights Thing works with Dotson and Harkless. 

Yes, if all Westbrook cost us was Randle and DJ, that might be a 50/50 roll of the dice worth contemplating. 

Still, I'd be more interested in giving Rondo $10 X 2 than Russell $40-42-44 over three.  Not that RW wouldn't be a force of nature, but Rondo a more heady extension of Tom Thumb on the floor. 

And again, as a Minority of ONE, I would be all in on Portis coming back for the MCE, which is more in keeping with his value.  And he DOES HAVE VALUE FOR US in a platoon with Mitchell, and spotting minutes at the 4.  I think he would be a much more cost effective, tenable option than Bertrans or Wood, as I do not see them as realistic, though yummy options.  Grant from Denver?  Do not know what the over under is on any of them. 

Watching some end of season reruns on MSG, and Portis upped his game after All Star break, as did Julius. 

So, again, if the price is right, Portis gives us three point range and coverage at the 4 & 5.  And while not the most heady cat, has a fire to his game.   

As for Dennis, I too could see the Knicks rolling into the season allowing him to claim the minutes.  If only to up his value.  Or fulfill his promise.  We give up on cats too early.  The uncertainty of the PG rotation with Payton shelving both Frank and Dennis, just as dim as Ellington shelving Dotson, and Morris shelving Knox, though we have now converted Morris to Quickley, so....

Next week is going to be filled with thrills and chills. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Rumors De Jour
« Reply #14466 on: November 19, 2020, 04:57:10 PM »

Possible Interest In Gordon Hayward if he declines his option and becomes a UFA.

Thoughts?

Great skill set, but I keep thinking of Klay Thompson, a comprable talent, who, get well soon, has proven to be snake bit. 

If he could be had for something reasonable in the 15-20 range? 

I don't know. 

Thrills & Chills

chipstern

• View Profile
PS
« Reply #14467 on: November 19, 2020, 04:58:17 PM »

RJ Hampton was picked by Milwaukee for Denver. 

Nuggets stockpiling talent. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Gordon Hayward
« Reply #14468 on: November 19, 2020, 05:08:25 PM »

Just declined his option.

UFA.

I would think Indiana is the logical landing spot. 

Knicks in play? 

Thrills & Chills. 

Also.

Frank Kaminsky just became a UFA. 

Lots of shoes dropping. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Let There Be Light
« Reply #14469 on: November 19, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »

OBADIAH Richard Toppin                                       

IMMANUEL Jaylen Quickley

Obadiah (Hebrew: עֹבַדְיָה meaning, "servant of the Lord") is a Biblical theophorical name, meaning "servant or slave of God" or "worshiper of Yahweh."  According to the Talmud, Obadiah is said to have been a convert to Judaism from Edom, a descendant of Eliphaz, the friend of Job. He is identified with the Obadiah who was the servant of Ahab, and it is said that he was chosen to prophesy against Edom because he was himself an Edomite. Moreover, having lived with two such godless persons as Ahab and Jezebel without learning to act as they did, he seemed the most suitable person to prophesy against Esau

Immanuel (Hebrew: עִמָּנוּאֵל‎ meaning, "God is with us") is a Hebrew name which appears in the Book of Isaiah (7:14) as a sign that God will protect the House of David.  The Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 1:22–23) interprets this as a prophecy of the birth of the Messiah and the fulfillment of Scripture in the person of Jesus. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Connections
« Reply #14470 on: November 19, 2020, 05:44:42 PM »

Tim MacMahon: One strong tie between the Knicks and Gordon Hayward: new NYK associate head coach Johnnie Bryant, the former Jazz assistant who oversaw Hayward’s development in Utah. – via Twitter espn_macmahon

For what it's worth. 

Last night, a RARE EXAMPLE of Karma Playing out in the Knicks favor, as our #1 target drops right in our lap....instead of what historically happens....

Knicks were all ready to draft Chuck Person when Indy snarfed him up, and we drafted Kenny Walker with the next pick. 

Knicks were all ready to draft Russell Westbrook, when OKC snarfed him up, and we drafted Danilo Gallinari with the next pick.

Knicks were all ready to draft Steph Curry, when Golden State snarfed him up, and we drafted Jordan Hill with the next pick.

And then of course, draft night karma....

Zeke drafterd Renaldo Balkman ahead of Rajon Rondo and Kyle Lowry.  And Zeke was a PG.  WTF?

Speaking of WTF, Zeke gave Phoenix two #1 picks for Stephon Marbury.  The second of those picks ended up in Utah, as payment for them eating the final years of Tom Chambers' bloated contract. 

And who did Utah select?

GORDON HAYWARD. 

The Johnniue Bryant/Utah Jazz connection to Hayward is significant.  So, too, that of Knicks VP, Walt Perrin, who as a Jazz super scout was instrumental in the process of drafting him. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14471 on: November 19, 2020, 06:08:19 PM »

We have a lot of room to add pieces. There are a lot of guys loose.

Obi v Randle will be fun competition. Quickley fits with everyone on our roster. Both of our draft picks are high EFG scorers with consistent range.

New Orleans has too many PGs right now. Something to keep an eye on as a lot are very good. George Hill or Lonzo would be fun adds.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Gordon Hayward
« Reply #14472 on: November 19, 2020, 06:51:25 PM »

Just declined his option.

UFA.

I would think Indiana is the logical landing spot. 

Knicks in play? 

Thrills & Chills. 

Also.

Frank Kaminsky just became a UFA. 

Lots of shoes dropping.

Indy has been rumored for awhile.

I hope they can work a S&T, or re-up him.

But he may want out of the shadows of 2 younger wings-stars in the making.

chipstern

• View Profile
A VERY Interesting Move
« Reply #14473 on: November 19, 2020, 06:54:41 PM »

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Utah Jazz are trading Ed Davis and two 2023 second-round picks to the New York Knicks, sources tell @Brian Windhorst and me. – via Twitter wojespn

Final year of a deal for $5 million. 

Walt Perrin brought him to Utah, and thought last year was just an off year given injuries and reduced minutes for a solid career role playing PF-C. 

Davis was a stout contributor and solid locker room presence in limited minutes as a bench player for the Nets in 2018-10119, grabbing 8.6 boards and posting a .616 FG%

As for Kam's question as per stockpiling 2023 Second Round Picks.

Well, 2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023.  Two draft from now, HS kids can come straight out of school and not have to go the one and done route in college.  So, with Dallas' #1 pick in tow, the Knicks will be situated to stock a burgeoning G League/Minor League Affliliate with talent, minus the pressure to throw kids to the lions at the main level. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14474 on: November 19, 2020, 06:56:52 PM »

AINGE don't want the Knicks to have Hayward.  Wants to send him West.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1851