Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964369 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Gordon Hayward
« Reply #14475 on: November 19, 2020, 07:00:37 PM »

Just declined his option.

UFA.

I would think Indiana is the logical landing spot. 

Knicks in play? 

Thrills & Chills. 

Also.

Frank Kaminsky just became a UFA. 

Lots of shoes dropping.

Indy has been rumored for awhile.

I hope they can work a S&T, or re-up him.

But he may want out of the shadows of 2 younger wings-stars in the making.

I think Gordon wants out.  A valuable piece, and not exactly redundant, but Jaylen and Jason eat up a lot of minutes, and the Celtics draft picks, sharpshooter Aaron Nesmith and gritty point, dead eye dick Peyton Pritchard make the 2-3 and 1-2 spots a bit more crowded.  Especially since Marcus Smart may have been floated, but is still with the Green Team.  Apparently Ainge was shopping Kemba and his knock knees actively.

I would think that Indy has the upper hand on the Knicks, and I would not offer more than $20 million a year, but what do I know. 

THRILLS & CHILLS. 

PS: Great picks for Ainge.  Bane at #30 apparently traded. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #14476 on: November 19, 2020, 07:02:46 PM »

AINGE don't want the Knicks to have Hayward.  Wants to send him West.

Only problem with THAT is Gordon is an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT.

So if...

IF....

Hayward consented to a sign and trade, that would be one thing. 

But he is holding all the cards. 

What happens when you turn down a $34 million PLAYER OPTION. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: November 19, 2020, 07:03:37 PM »

I can't see Hayward wanting the Knicks. If he's moved Indy makes the most sense.

Play-off team, local guy, he lives there.

Supposedly the talks were Turner and McDermott but Ainge wanted something more.

chipstern

• View Profile
Gordon Hayward
« Reply #14478 on: November 19, 2020, 07:07:37 PM »

I can't see Hayward wanting the Knicks. If he's moved Indy makes the most sense.

Bank

Gordon is AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT. 

He would have to CONSENT to any sign and trade.  And Ainge should take a deep breath.  Turner would be one hell of an addition. 

Mark Murphy: Hayward’s opt-out viewed more as a formality. League source said it’s still possible he returns to C’s in restructured deal, unless, ala Al Horford, he receives home run offer from Atlanta or New York. “Gordon doesn’t even know right now.” – via Twitter Murf56
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 07:15:03 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Thrills & Chills
« Reply #14479 on: November 19, 2020, 07:09:40 PM »

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Detroit Pistons aren’t extending a qualifying offer to Thon Maker and he’ll become an unrestricted free agent, source tells ESPN. – via Twitter wojespn

A career back up, but another interesting option. 

Speaking of which?

Jeff Teague

Avery Bradley

ED DAVIS

Perhaps the Knicks eat his contract and waive him.  Good leadership and a worker bee.  We shall see. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 07:11:44 PM by chipstern »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: November 19, 2020, 07:14:43 PM »

UFA.

Knicks in play? 

Thrills & Chills. 

Also.

Lots of shoes dropping.

I think Gordon wants out.  A valuable piece, and not exactly redundant, but Jaylen and Jason eat up a lot of minutes, and the Celtics draft picks, sharpshooter Aaron Nesmith and gritty point, dead eye dick Peyton Pritchard make the 2-3 and 1-2 spots a bit more crowded.  Especially since Marcus Smart may have been floated, but is still with the Green Team.  Apparently Ainge was shopping Kemba and his knock knees actively.

I would think that Indy has the upper hand on the Knicks, and I would not offer more than $20 million a year, but what do I know. 

THRILLS & CHILLS. 

I think the Celts helped themselves last night with a couple of role players, bench guys, who can score.

i saw Enes opted-in, between Kanter-Theis-Williams, they got a center by committee, but it could stand an upgrade.

Gordo may want a fresh start, but if he has the balls to turn down $34MM he must figure the market for him is pretty good, and more closer to $25-30, maybe he gets 4 years $110-$120.

His role changed with the emergence of the Js and he may want to be more an alpha (or beta) in Indy than the hallowed 6th man role in Boston. 

I hope Ainge can work it and finds the just right deal,

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: November 19, 2020, 07:16:28 PM »

UFA.

Knicks in play? 

Thrills & Chills. 

Also.

Lots of shoes dropping.

THRILLS & CHILLS. 

I think the Celts helped themselves last night with a couple of role players, bench guys, who can score.

i saw Enes opted-in, between Kanter-Theis-Williams, they got a center by committee, but it could stand an upgrade.

Gordo may want a fresh start, but if he has the balls to turn down $34MM he must figure the market for him is pretty good, and more closer to $25-30, maybe he gets 4 years $110-$120.

His role changed with the emergence of the Js and he may want to be more an alpha (or beta) in Indy than the hallowed 6th man role in Boston. 

For a Randle style deal, I would be interested. 

Not for 25-30 x 4.

Good luck, Bank.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: November 19, 2020, 07:19:29 PM »

Bank

Gordon is AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT. 

He would have to CONSENT to any sign and trade.  And fuck Ainge.  Turner would be one hell of an addition.

Chip I understand.

Or understand the NBA cap-free agent rules as best I can.

The Celt's can resign him and if he wants to go to Indy then the S&T is about the only way to get there.

from what I've read there aren't a lot of destination franchises that have the cap space to take Gordo without a S&T structure. (ATL and the Knicks)

If he wants NY or ATL then he can sign as a FA. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 07:23:07 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: November 19, 2020, 07:22:30 PM »

UFA.

Knicks in play? 

Thrills & Chills. 

Also.

Lots of shoes dropping.

THRILLS & CHILLS. 

For a Randle style deal, I would be interested. 

Not for 25-30 x 4.

Good luck, Bank.

He turned down a guaranteed 1 yr $34MM. He must think he's looking at 4-110+

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: November 19, 2020, 07:34:10 PM »

Ed Davis is a nice tutor/reserve to help Mitch grow. A good vet who maximizes his talent with smart play. He’s also a real center.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: November 19, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »

Ed Davis is a nice tutor/reserve to help Mitch grow. A good vet who maximizes his talent with smart play. He’s also a real center.

Checks the boxes.

Tough guy.  Locker room presence. 

If we keep him. 

We shall see. 

I am rooting for them to keep him.  Good character guy.

chipstern

• View Profile
Cap Space On Ice, With A Side Of Fries
« Reply #14486 on: November 19, 2020, 08:29:35 PM »

Brother Facil...

I just had a long debate with Forum Alumni, Nagel. 

He was all in for spending cap space and notching wins. 

I am all in for being proactive and opportunistic. 

We have cap space, why not use it?

WHY INDEED? 

MY THOUGHTS, AGAIN. 

There is going to be a free agent feeding frenzy come 6PM Friday. 

Should we jump into the deep end of the pool and go all in for the likes of Gordon Hayward at $25-30 million a year, Russell Westbrook at $40-42-44 for the next three? 

Our interest in Christian Wood should have cooled considerably with the arrival of Obi...and his three point range makes making an expensive we can match any offer at Bertrans less dire.   

Ex-Jazz Coach, now Assistant Head Coach Johnnie Bryant has been schooling guards Dennis, Frank and RJ.  We have 5'11" jet ski Auburn PG Jared Harper on a two-way.  We just drafted Quickley. 

Are we going to commit to Dennis and Frank and Immanuel and Jared, or go searching for a second tier veteran PG. 

Avery Bradley and Jeff Teague and Rondo are going to be pricey, though not out of reach. 

What IF....

IF

....we keep our powder dry and see what low hanging fruit might be available on the cheap come Sunday or Monday after all the really ripe free agents have been gobbled up and have limited options.  Would it be to our bemefit to inquire as to the Reggie Jacksons, the Eric Bledsoes of the world?   On the cheap?  Not sure. 

But in terms of free agents and adding veteran presence, I would like to think we keep our options over and feast like vultures on sloppy seconds. 

And keep our powder dry going into the season, with plenty of cap space still on ice, to faciliate trades as a third or fourth man in, to absorb contracts in exchange for draft picks. 

Anyway, the feeding frency breaks on Friday evening at 6PM. 

Start your engines, and may the Knicks idle for a while before stepping on the accelerator.  I would like to have cap flax come the trading deadline. 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:02:27 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: A VERY Interesting Move
« Reply #14487 on: November 19, 2020, 08:33:26 PM »

As for Kam's question as per stockpiling 2023 Second Round Picks.

Well, 2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023.  Two draft from now, HS kids can come straight out of school and not have to go the one and done route in college.  So, with Dallas' #1 pick in tow, the Knicks will be situated to stock a burgeoning G League/Minor League Affliliate with talent, minus the pressure to throw kids to the lions at the main level.

Begging the question ... is there a high school freshman out there this year we have our eyes on? 
One whose high school isn't virtual i'd assume.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: November 19, 2020, 08:36:56 PM »

What happens when you turn down a $34 million PLAYER OPTION.

You agree at 3-75/90 to 4/100-110 somewhere else (and likely WEST of Boston - Danny doesnt want him in Indiana either)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: November 19, 2020, 08:38:14 PM »

Hearing Bo favorite OUBRE may be headed to Warriors.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1851