Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899723 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #14640 on: November 21, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Elfrid Payton has agreed to one-year, $5M deal with Knicks, agents Aaron Mintz and Ty Sullivan of
@CAA_Basketball
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #14641 on: November 21, 2020, 06:05:47 PM »

Chip - I admire your optimism - I sincerely mean that....but I think it is legit. to be underwhelmed at this point without all the sturm und drang

oh, and I see we re/signed Elf -  is that logjam our savvy move, so hard to tell?  it's neither really, but it is underwhelming (there's that word again)...

CAA - of course...

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Get to the floor
« Reply #14642 on: November 21, 2020, 06:05:57 PM »

Looks like our inroads in the league are mainly roads to the Jazz and CAA. 
I hope Leon has expansion plans for 2021.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #14643 on: November 21, 2020, 06:06:55 PM »

Seems like many Knicks fans wanted a big splash for the sake of the splash. 
Prudent transactions are boring.

But Prudent!

Jack Straw

• View Profile
Re: Get to the floor
« Reply #14644 on: November 21, 2020, 06:10:13 PM »

Looks like our inroads in the league are mainly roads to the Jazz and CAA. 
I hope Leon has expansion plans for 2021.

and UK....
not a big splash, why is it always the extremes ...now something more interesting and proactive than Ed Davis and less that GH at 130 million - big grey area there to which Steady Eddy, Elf, and Burkes do not really belong....
I guess the big silver lining is they are all on one years... a low bar keeps us happy ....

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #14645 on: November 21, 2020, 06:14:38 PM »

Who was in the grey area that would have moved the needle and not hampered future cap space and wanted to be here??

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear not
« Reply #14646 on: November 21, 2020, 06:20:23 PM »

Taj Gibson is still available.

I expect we get him back under similar circumstances to Payton

Mitch Taj Ed
Randle Obi Knox
Burks Bullock Iggy
RJ Quickley
Frank Payton DSJ

I still like Dedmon with this group.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #14647 on: November 21, 2020, 06:23:55 PM »

Who was in the grey area that would have moved the needle and not hampered future cap space and wanted to be here??

Kam - it's pretty clear by now that no one "wants" to be here

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #14648 on: November 21, 2020, 06:26:10 PM »

That's fine for another year.  COVID. No fans.  Short season.  Maybe more low ratings.   

On the bright side we are well-positioned with young players, a respected coach, and cap space for 2021 (not unlike the NETS under Atkinson)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14649 on: November 21, 2020, 06:27:02 PM »

Still keeping an eye on Kenrich Williams.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14650 on: November 21, 2020, 06:31:41 PM »

Seems like many Knicks fans wanted a big splash for the sake of the splash.

Yes.  Adding a Bogdonavic for instance is not a step toward winning
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14651 on: November 21, 2020, 06:31:48 PM »

That would SEEM to be the MESSAGE.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14652 on: November 21, 2020, 06:36:33 PM »

By the way - re:  Bogdan and the 18 mil per -

seems Vlade had made overtures to Bog's people that this type deal, that amount of cabbage would be attainable

Then Divac got shitcanned and Bogdan immediately felt a need to get out of Sactown.  Seems now nobody wants to come close to that Divac-like pact.

Read - IF we offered 4-72 he might be ours.

But all teams have their valuation list.  And Knicks - being NEW management that has hired all these experts in the field to compile such list - surely dont wish to stray too far from it.

- Could also mean we had little shot at Hayward, since we may not have wished to pay what CHA eventually decided to.

Is Kupchak going against current NBA norms?  I would say YES.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14653 on: November 21, 2020, 06:58:19 PM »

Nugs waived Torrey Craig. He’s an option to consider instead of Williams. Older and more physical.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Compliant Chip [TO BE A KNICKS FAN IS TO SUFFER]
« Reply #14654 on: November 21, 2020, 07:22:07 PM »

Chip - I admire your optimism - I sincerely mean that....but I think it is legit. to be underwhelmed at this point without all the sturm und drang

oh, and I see we re/signed Elf -  is that logjam our savvy move, so hard to tell?  it's neither really, but it is underwhelming (there's that word again)...

CAA - of course...

Dear PRUDENCET

Thank you for the kind thoughts, Brother Straw. 

I'm not sure if I am innately delusional, easy to pimp or simply innured to PAIN. 

Probably equal parts all of the above. 

Bo D is an old brother of mine in pain, and jazz and movies.  He once very kindly sent me a box of vintage movie DVDs from his outpost in China. 

So I FEEL HIS PAIN. 

I do not SHARE it, but I FEEL IT. 

And it's not as if I didn't swallow hard when I saw all of those sugar plums which dropped to us at #8.  As we say in Yiddish, it was a mitzvah

And I am on the record where MY FIRST CHOICE was Haliburton, then Vassell. 

I NEVER EXPECTED IN MY WILDEST  DREAMS THAT BOTH Devi and Obi would be sitting there at #8. 

Why am I so compliant?

Good question, Straw Man. 

I've been conscious of the Knicks since the early 60s.  I was at the Old Garden for a game while in the Cub Scouts where the Knicks jumped all over the Cinncinnatti Roylas in the first quarter...in fact, it was Brother BoD himself who sent me a BOX SCORE from that game.  I forget, but I think the Knicks, with such bad asses as Richie Guerin, Jumpin Johnny Green and Willie Naulls all had 20+plus, and jumped to a 43-21 first quarter lead. 

However, the Royals had this OSCAR ROBERTSON fellow, who as I recall finished with 34, and lead the Royals to a 104-103 win.  YOU DIG?

The Knicks have come tantalizingly close a couple of times....the Hubie Brown BERNARD-MISTER BILL KNICKS, the Pat Riley EWING-OAK-STARKS-HARPER KNICKS, the JVG LJ-CAMBY-SPREE-HOUSTON KNICKS, the last gush of hope being 20 years ago. 

God bless RED HOLZMAN Willis and Clyde and Barnett and Dollar Bill and The Pearl and Jerry Lucas...but the Knicks NEVER WON before DAVE DEBUSSHERE and NEVER WON AFTER. 

Okay, so, THE PRESENT. 

And being UNDERWHELEMED? 

The message I get from the return of Elfrid on a one year deal, is that the Knicks are giving Dennis and Frank every opportunity to conclusively make a case for themselves.  Can they rudder the ship, or least ways, build up their value as assets going forward?  Signing Coach Johnnie Bryant is certainly a message that the Knicks are trying, OH BUT THEY ARE TRYING, to redeem the #9 and #8 draft picks, Dennis and Frank, vis a vis the legacy of the dear fucking price we paid in the Porzingis trade, and the legacy of Phil picking Frank on the way out the door, even as he blew off one Donovan Mitchell (selected and nurtured by former Jazzers now KNICKS, Walt Perrin and Johnnie Bryant, and now bellyingup to the bar for a MAX EXTENSION). 

We know that Payton can board and distribute and defend.  Can he, like Dennis and Frank, be more effective with Toppin and Quickley, Bullock and Burks, Bradeikis and Knox hitting, PRESUMABLY HITTING, threes. 

Well, we are going to fuckikng find out. 

Clearly, while we have all been sold on the THIBS WANTS TO WIN RIGHT FUCKING NOW NARRATIVE, just as clearly, this coming season is about RECASTING OUR TEAM CULTURE and player development.

Been there. 

Done that. 

BORING. 

But maybe necessary.  And possibly even PRUDENT.

Find out who is chicken salad and who is chicken shit. 

Obi, RJ, Mitchell and Immanuel would appear to be building blocks moving forward. 

Julius, Dennis, Frank, Kevin, Ignatz are on the clock. 

Reggie and Elfrid, Davis and Burks are placeholders. 

And prepping for a far sexier 2021 free agent class, when more marquee players beckon who probably don't want to be Knicks, either.

Exciting? 

I'll settle for sticking to a plan for more than one season, actual player development, recasting the Knicks kulture, and defense, Defense, DEFENSE. 

Gee, Chip, you're a dipshit...well, let's be charitable and say...I'm a Knicks fan, and have been saying Wait Till Next Year FOR SIXTY FUCKING YEARS. 

To Be A Knicks Fan Is To Suffer

Suck it up NY. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:00:20 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 1844