Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899802 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #14805 on: November 23, 2020, 11:37:48 PM »

Knox....

plus Smith......

for.......

BEVERLEY
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14806 on: November 23, 2020, 11:43:54 PM »

Knox....

plus Smith......

for.......

BEVERLEY

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14807 on: November 23, 2020, 11:47:30 PM »

CERTAINLY a Thibs type

And available

chipstern

• View Profile
The Scott Layden Legacy
« Reply #14808 on: November 23, 2020, 11:48:32 PM »

Back in 2003, when Kyle Korver was selected with the #51 pick, Layden selected Slavko Vranes at #39. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14809 on: November 23, 2020, 11:52:35 PM »

For fun - check me on these names

Whiteside
Kaminsky
Korver

kiid probably forgot that Whiteside isn't actually white ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14810 on: November 23, 2020, 11:53:50 PM »

Beverly, Barrett, Bullock (or late upgrade), Randle, Noel (or upgrade)

Payton, Rivers, Burks, Toppin, Robinson

Ntlikina, Quickley, Brazdekis, Spellman, Powell

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14811 on: November 23, 2020, 11:54:09 PM »

I'm impressed that anyone is optimistic about this new patchwork team...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Not me
« Reply #14812 on: November 24, 2020, 12:49:44 AM »

But I don’t dare to OPENLY agree with you because Chipstern would castigate me for PANDERING!!!

Alice, I mean Chip, you’re the greatest! 😁
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
To The MOON, Alice
« Reply #14813 on: November 24, 2020, 05:49:57 AM »

But I don’t dare to OPENLY agree with you because Chipstern would castigate me for PANDERING!!!

Alice, I mean Chip, you’re the greatest! 😁

Hey, Bo and I part company on the #1 pick, and the conservative approach the team has taken. 

Some might say, wishywashy.  Some might say lame. 

In talking with forum alumni Nagel out on the left coast, he, like many Knicks fans was anticipating the BIG SPLASH. 

I'm not sure WHAT IF ANYTHING I was anticipating. 

What I was HOPING, was that we did not, as I have driven the metaphor into the ground, felt compelled to swing for the fences at all costs. 

Free agency and the Knicks has always seemed a cruel mirage to me. 

AN OBSESSION WITH SHINY OBJECTS. 

Among which Rabid Rabbi Berman listed

There is a story in the POST about how the Knicks chances at obtaining Victor Oladipo are evaporating. 

I mean seriously. 

"But when they missed on main targets such as Fred VanVleet, Gordon Hayward, D.J. Augustin and Carmelo Anthony, the Knicks adjusted. The Post has learned Rose even made a big push for athletic power forward Jerami Grant, who signed with Detroit."

Okay, first, I, not unlike BoD, championed certain free agent targets, such as VanVleet and Grant and Augustin. 

I was not an enthusiast for the Chris Paul pursuit, but felt if he wanted to be here, it could be tenable.  He wanted to be near his family in Phoenix, had a relationship with Coach Monty Williams, and found the Suns to be farther along in their rebuild than the Knicks, so Sam Presti accomodated him. 

Van Vleet was my number one choice, but I never thought we had a realistic shot at FVV, not so much a matter of money, as I felt he was a product of the Raptors system, and wanted to carry on their competitive ascent and sustain their competitive continuity. 

The Knicks probably queered their chances at Augustin with their pursuit of Hayward, and I breathed a sigh of relief when Gordon Hayward went with the Hornets, as $120,000,000 seemed a garish four year commitment to someone whose prime was a few years back before his horrific injury.  If he had been willing to accept something like the Randle deal's numbers and flex, well that's different. 

But Milwaukee offered DJ three yeas guaranteed at $7 million per to play for a contender.  Grant got three years guaranteed to play for a rebuilding Detroit.  Maybe he perceived NY had a log jam at SF and PF, and wanted to clearly be THE MAN. 

Charlotte has a growing young core of players.  When their maturity starts to kick in, GH will be 32-33, and sucking up cap space which might better be spent on younger puppies. 

The notion there is something tragic about Oladipo slipping away flummoxes me.  He is coming off of a really bad injury on the final year of a contract, and could jump ship next summer.  Is he the player he once was for the Hayward Money he is going to demand, if not command?

And Carmelo was a target?  FUCK YOU.  In what alternative universe? 

Now Christian Wood?  I was down for that before Toppin. 

Westbrook?  Another shiny object, certainly a great talent, and still a dynamic force, but a diminishing one at 32 and owed 40-42-44 over the next few years.  Do we really want to tie ourselves down to giving him the keys to the car.  Five years ago, or when OKC drafted him just ahead of Gallinari. 

Should we have made a run at Gallniari as Atlanta did?  They are farther along with their franchise player than we are, Trae relative to RJ.  Anyway....

These are the things that make BoD plotz, as WE NEED STARTERS. 

This is where we part company.

To me...we need competition, continuity and culture. 

Stockpiling draft picks and cap space seems prudent to me, THE ONE STRATEGEM THAT THE KNICKS HAVE NEVER COMMITTED TO, and because NY's chaos and instability over the past 10-20 years is still reeking to high heaven, squandering assets in search of quick fixes and shiny objects, FREE AGENTS THE LIKES OF DURANT AND IRVING were like, THE KNICKS, are you fucking kidding me. 

Given our fan base and the derision of the media, it takes a certain amount of sand to proceed as the Knicks are now doing, with the pressure to make a big splash, GET STARTERS as Bo laments, is intense. 

When was the last time we committed to YOUTH?

Maybe in the mid-60s.  We had a nice mix of young players surrounding Bernard during Hubie's run.  We had a yoiung core around Patrick during his initial run in RileyBall. 

Bo is right about one thing. 

Do we have a single standout bell cow talent/leader such as we had with Red, Hubie and Riley's Knicks. 

We do not appear to. 

The challenge thus is to grow our own, least ways, to nurture what we have, while Thibs seeks to reboot our culture. 

Am I unduly hopeful? 

Oh, Chef Of The Future, Can THIBS Core A Apple? 

Stay tuned. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14814 on: November 24, 2020, 05:53:24 AM »

No one is putting money on them to win the division. 10-7 get a play in this year. That might happen.

I think the team has big plans for Knox if he can step to the assignments.

I’d like to see if we can move DSJ for a big or to make room for a big who’s really big.

If someone wanted DSJ, moving Kaminsky into that spot would make some sense to me as he has enough lower girth to put his body on really big men and enough game to draw them out or punish them for not coming out, as the case may be.

Mitch Noel Kaminski is a nice Center rotation to have. That would also be their order in the depth chart.

Mitch Noel Kaminsky
Randle Toppin Spellman
Barrett Knox Iggy
Burks Bullock Quickley
Frank Payton Rivers

Not a world beater, but a really fun team.

Chip, I’d say Randle is still 1A with Barrett & Burks taking 1B and 1C depending on matchups.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
lol, they wrote this just for Bo..
« Reply #14815 on: November 24, 2020, 07:15:27 AM »

The Knicks baffle fans by continuing to make moves that actually make sense

https://deadspin.com/the-knicks-baffle-fans-by-continuing-to-make-moves-that-1845734851

***Bo's just upset because he's still getting over the loss of his fave coach (Fizwhale) and organizational strategy (losing as much as possible all the time)
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14816 on: November 24, 2020, 09:34:13 AM »

Charlotte has a growing young core of players.  When their maturity starts to kick in, GH will be 32-33, and sucking up cap space which might better be spent on younger puppies.

Meanwhile who gets DRAWN to Charlotte as their win total increases annually?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14817 on: November 24, 2020, 09:39:51 AM »

I think Barrett is being undersold.

But I guess being careful with platitudes is wise in a way.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14818 on: November 24, 2020, 10:04:51 AM »

Re:  Whiteside

The sign him and deal him later for picks route

The Knicks are the other team with lots of cap space, but they seem set at the center spot with Mitchell Robinson, Nerlens Noel, and masquerading 4-man Julius Randle. New York could theoretically sign him anyway, with the same rationale as the Thunder above. Wherever Whiteside ends up, he’s likely to be a bargain. His shortcomings are well-documented, but the production still matters, and it’s elite. At a BORD$ value of $17.2 million, he’ll likely be paid barely half his estimated value. – via John Hollinger @ The Athletic

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14819 on: November 24, 2020, 11:08:45 AM »

Just a reminder - Spellman was a trade acquisition so could move on in a deal - unlike Noel

This in the event we add a Whiteside - or if we don't and just see better value in the trade proposed.

Thus a Frank/Knox/Randle? package could add another piece in Omari.
Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1844