Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899438 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Bad Bo
« Reply #15075 on: December 01, 2020, 12:48:17 AM »

BoZ, you’re being too rational for Chamaco.
It don’t work that way with him 😜
True trumpians minds work in mysterious ways ...
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15076 on: December 01, 2020, 03:11:49 AM »

Burks got traded for Korver early in his career when the Jazz needed vets for their playoff run. Mitchell was already in the picture I believe.

Burks got traded from Cleveland to Sacramento as part of the deal that sent Shump to Houston. In addition to Players the Cavs got a first and a second in that deal.

The tanking Dubs where he signed as a free agent sent him to Philly for 3 second rounders so he could help their playoff push, which he did.

On the one hand you could say teams were dumping him, on the other hand you could say that other teams kept making offers too good to refuse for his services.

In a perfect world, our homegrown talent matures and gels into a world beating starting five, Mitch Obi Kevin RJ Frank. In the meantime, we need competent and capable vets. Burks fits the description. Our capable and competent vet lineup looks at the moment like Noel Randle Bullock Burks Payton. Those two units are now the guts of the team.

I can see Spellman MKG Iggy Quickley Rivers rounding out the lineup after camp cut downs.

DSJ and Jacob Evans don’t make the cut, though I wouldn’t put it past DSJ to beat out Rivers for the 15th spot. That’s a benefit of only giving him the first year guaranteed.

Mitch Noel Spellman
Obi Randle MKG
Knox Bullock Iggy
RJ Burks Quickley
Frank Payton AR or DSJ
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Plan Or Pain [TRAINING CAMP TUESDAY]
« Reply #15077 on: December 01, 2020, 06:55:12 AM »

Well, Leon is on the clock.

And TT is tasked with making a savory stew pot of paella from a very on the fly assemblage of ingredients. 

According to some things I gleaned from the POST, always a fairly iffy source, so take it for what it is worth...

Leon was ALL IN on trading for Chris Paul.

But, Chris' desire to be closer to his son in Los Angeles was a significant factor, and apparently the projection of strutting his stuff before 20,000 empty seats in the world's most famous arena did not appeal to him. 

Leon also apparently REALLY wanted Carmelo, which, if I might channel my own inner BoD, seems a grotesque notion, when you are trying to prioritize the development of key youth at PF and SF such as Obi, Kevin and RJ.  Thanks to the Lawd Portland made that a moot point. 

[A MOOT POINT being how one might characterize our backcourt]

Finally, that FVV did not give the Knicks the time of day or even show the barest hint of titty, to least ways, as Bo suggested, drive up his Raptor price, would seem to obviate the notion that our pursuit was half hearted at best, negligent at worst.  WE NEVER HAD A FUCKING PRAYER. 

The fact that this was NEVER on the table, might explain the implementation of Plans B & C.  That Leon respected the input of Aller and Perrin, as well as Wesley and Callipari, is comforting as we approach our cyberpandemic training camp.   

GRAIN OF SALT...

There was another interesting TIDBIT in the POST's reporting. 

“They took a conservative approach by signing one-year, stopgap players,’’ ESPN’s cap guru and former Nets assistant GM Bobby Marks told The Post. “This is a huge year for RJ [Barrett], [Kevin] Knox and Obi from a development stage. It’s important for the young kids to develop this season. That will be the draw to free agents.

So....there is THAT.  Tell me about the Rabbits, Leon. 

Now, that we have been over the Knicks draft and personnel decisions with a fine tooth comb...clearly, the X-Factor moving forward, is how Iron Chef Salad Bar TOM THIBODEAU proceeds, and how he empowers Assistant Coach and Player Development gurus Kenny Payne and Johnnie Bryant. 

One can see him signing off on Obi and Immanuel...it remains to be seen, based on useage and open competition, how much input actually had or trust he subsequently confers on veterans such as Randle, Payton, Noel, Rivers, Burks, Bullock and Gilchrist, contrasted with the toss the into the deep end of the pool developmental efficacy of Robinson, Toppin, Knox and RJ a clear and present priority, and to a lesser extent, Brazdeikis, Spellman, Ntiliknia and Smith. 

We've seen how Rose responded to the draft and free agency, and now we will see how he responds to input from Thibs and his mix and match, youth v. placeholders roster, and how the Knicks might respond going forward in the way of possible trades. 

Stay tuned.  At least now we have some scrimmages and games to contemplate.  ONWARDS. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 07:06:39 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Peaceful Co-Existence
« Reply #15078 on: December 01, 2020, 10:10:36 AM »

As much as BoD and I joust on the fortuitous fortunes and lack thereof of our New YORK Knicks, we have long had a bond on music...

So in the interests of finding things we can align on....and given how moved advanced carbon based lifeforms such as the Banker and the Dawg might be, I will make some regular postings on progressive music that they and the Shanghai Handicapper might find more inspiring than the collected works of Leon Rose. 

"Mendacity" 

Great performances from vocalist and then Missus Roach, Abbey Lincoln, and saxophonist Eric Dolphy, capped off by a LeBron-scaled drum feature for Max Roach.  All men are NOT created equal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmfJjq63Eyk

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Peaceful Co-Existence
« Reply #15079 on: December 01, 2020, 10:12:03 AM »

As much as BoD and I joust on the fortuitous fortunes and lack thereof of our New YORK Knicks, we have long had a bond on music...

So in the interests of finding things we can align on....and given how moved advanced carbon based lifeforms such as the Banker and the Dawg might be, I will make some regular postings on progressive music that they and the Shanghai Handicapper might find more inspiring than the collected works of Leon Rose. 

"Mendacity" 

Great performances from vocalist and then Missus Roach, Abbey Lincoln, and saxophonist Eric Dolphy, capped off by a LeBron-scaled drum feature for Max Roach.  All men are NOT created equal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmfJjq63Eyk

In the final daze of Trump, this might prove a comforting screed to Brother Facil. 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 10:16:53 AM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15080 on: December 01, 2020, 11:02:18 AM »

I'd have been fine with Melo in place of Burks, Chip.

And this is how it works - next guy up if we miss,

Thus I still see Westbrook potentially in our future after missing on CP3.  Keep an eye on how things start out in HOU, who I am pulling for.  Their first fixit move will be sending Russ or Harden out, seeing how the team looks with the one left over, Tucker, Gordon, Wood, House, G Green, DeMarcus, KMart Jr and other pieces - and the new coach with less drama around him.

(Adding a Spellman, a Knox, maybe a Brazdekis would make some sense for HOU)

How Elfrid fires early is also important as he or Dennis would likely be part of the deal going back.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:03:12 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15081 on: December 01, 2020, 11:07:00 AM »

Stay tuned.  At least now we have some scrimmages and games to contemplate.  ONWARDS.

TEN DAYS til Detroit.  Will MSG even televise?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15082 on: December 01, 2020, 11:10:18 AM »

I may be the ultimate optimist but every year a team slated to be poor runs out 20-25-30 games early of eye-popping...........winning

Could the KNICKS be the "bad team" this year to sprint out 15-12 or so?  HUNGER, simmering of talent and the respect (from players and league) of competent coaching says we certainly could

(I will yay or nay this when I see how we look next weekend of course)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15083 on: December 01, 2020, 11:11:06 AM »

And yes - preseason wins count for little but let me be the first to say....

2-2 or bust!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15084 on: December 01, 2020, 11:25:32 AM »

Chip, you should drop some musical thoughts into the Music forum here now and then.
I like Max Roach but adore Abbey Lincoln.
Great career, socially engaged, was even an actress, and did some of her best work late in her career.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15085 on: December 01, 2020, 11:43:16 AM »

Chip, you should drop some musical thoughts into the Music forum here now and then.
I like Max Roach but adore Abbey Lincoln.
Great career, socially engaged, was even an actress, and did some of her best work late in her career.

But Bo, I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU. 

I have now over the past few days been made aware of a Trump Forum and a Music Forum in the suburbs of Elba. 

Considering how much of what little time I have remaining on Planet Earth I spend on the Elba Knicks Forum, not to mention my FACEBOOK feed [a geriatric bingo hall for baby boomers], tempt me not. 

I'll just drop the odd musical bon mot here and again. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15086 on: December 01, 2020, 12:26:48 PM »

One can only imagine the effect a Chipstern would have on the masses at Trump Administration.  Boring it would not be.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15087 on: December 01, 2020, 12:38:17 PM »

The trump administration is a charnel pit being picked over by mangy scavengers. The actual misadministration, not the forum. The forum has some of the best cracker kicking in the lower forty eight. The constant piglet squeals of Kid and Red are its sweet sweet music.

I enjoyed “Mendacity”. The horn section after the first verse caught the energy of our darling Kid frantically spinning some bullshit together as it falls apart in front of him, the flailing of a mind as leaky as a trump diaper. Masterful musical work.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:40:28 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15088 on: December 01, 2020, 12:39:43 PM »

Tom Westerholm: Danny Ainge acknowledges that Gordon Hayward wanted to be involved in the offense a little more. He makes it clear that Hayward is unselfish and wasn’t asking for 25 ppg. “He made sacrifices to try to give us a better chance of winning.” – via Twitter Tom_NBA

But Brad said, "The brothers gotta get theirs first"

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15089 on: December 01, 2020, 12:42:37 PM »

Tom Westerholm: Danny Ainge acknowledges that Gordon Hayward wanted to be involved in the offense a little more. He makes it clear that Hayward is unselfish and wasn’t asking for 25 ppg. “He made sacrifices to try to give us a better chance of winning.” – via Twitter Tom_NBA

But Brad said, "The brothers gotta get theirs first"

A cracker is squealing here as well.

Shut up and eat your mayonnaise Kid, you pasty fuck.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1844