Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899243 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15090 on: December 01, 2020, 12:49:02 PM »

I'd have been fine with Melo in place of Burks, Chip.

And this is how it works - next guy up if we miss,

Thus I still see Westbrook potentially in our future after missing on CP3.  Keep an eye on how things start out in HOU, who I am pulling for.  Their first fixit move will be sending Russ or Harden out, seeing how the team looks with the one left over, Tucker, Gordon, Wood, House, G Green, KMart Jr and other pieces - and the new coach with less drama around him.

(Adding a Spellman, a Knox, maybe a Brazdekis would make some sense for HOU)

How Elfrid fires early is also important as he or Dennis would likely be part of the deal going back.

Disagree. 

No surprise there.

Why? 

Oh, I don't know, Melo's EGO.  Think he would be prepared to accept a bench role on the Knicks, where even his diminished skills still would trump those, so to speak, of a Kevin Knox. 

He would NEVER ACCEPT A ROLE on the Knicks, whereas in Portland, the chemistry of the team, and how they welcomed him into their culture...that and how Melo had essentially been blackballed out of the league, led him to accept an elder statesmen role in an established culture, where it made sense, AND HE ACCEPTED, the role of a second unit scoring machine, to kick ass on the other team's scrubeenies. 

Burks is younger and more pliant, and while NO ONE would ever confuse his skillset for Melo's, even late in Anthony's life cycle, Alec is a career role player with a skillset that the Knicks want in this transitional year, that of a three point sniper. 

On the Trailblzers, Melo accepts his role.  On the Knicks, he would not go softly into the good night, but would assert his priorities.  With all due respect, FUCK MELO. 

Now CHRIS PAUL was a different case, and the rational for bringing him on made sense, if not DOLLARS AND SENSE.  But the pandemic and an empty arena queered that every bit as much as the more evolved/advanced state of the Suns talents, his relationship with Coach Williams, and proximity to his son. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:50:33 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15091 on: December 01, 2020, 12:52:25 PM »

Tom Westerholm: Danny Ainge acknowledges that Gordon Hayward wanted to be involved in the offense a little more. He makes it clear that Hayward is unselfish and wasn’t asking for 25 ppg. “He made sacrifices to try to give us a better chance of winning.” – via Twitter Tom_NBA

But Brad said, "The brothers gotta get theirs first"

A cracker is squealing here as well.

Shut up and eat your mayonnaise Kid, you pasty fuck.

Whoa Nellie, don't disparage Hellman's in front of the C[h]IPSTER. 

I think you would find MIRACLE WHIP a more suitable, and Goyish, metaphor. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15092 on: December 01, 2020, 12:59:23 PM »

Kid will eat anything he can visualize as spooge straight from trump’s diseased penis.

Kemba is an elf on the shelf till January on account of a rusty knee. Is Brad ready to give the keys to Marcus Smart? I think he should.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15093 on: December 01, 2020, 01:04:24 PM »

Kemba is an elf on the shelf till January on account of a rusty knee. Is Brad ready to give the keys to Marcus Smart? I think he should.

Pritchard will play quite a bit

Hoping to not look silly with Quickley
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15094 on: December 01, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »

I know this isn't the crowd to seek sympathy, nor do I, but the Celts have been snake-bit the last few years with injuries to key players.

They'll get by, but damn...

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15095 on: December 01, 2020, 01:13:33 PM »

I know this isn't the crowd to seek sympathy, nor do I, but the Celts have been snake-bit the last few years with injuries to key players.

They'll get by, but damn...

Hey, Isiah sacrificed for the Celtics, and paid for it with his career. 

Red Auerbach was the favorite of Yahweh for many a moon, but his luck changed with Len Bias and Reggie Lewis. 

Kyrie Irving?

Gordon Hayward?

Kemba?

They went ALL IN on the SHINY OBJECTS.

Whereas when they GREW THEIR OWN, as I would hope Leon Rose commits to (so far, so good), with Tatum and Brown and Smart, they hit it out of the fucking park. 

I have read on the rumor circuit that they have been exploring the market for Smart, which...baffled me. 

I mean, as a Knick?  Peace be still.

I would sell my mother to Hamas for Marcus Smart.

Fortuneately, she passed away ten years ago, so kind of a one sided deal. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15096 on: December 01, 2020, 01:15:08 PM »

Abbey Lincoln - The Story Of My Father from her terrific 1992 album Devil's Got Your Tongue.
Great song, and that's the Staples Singers on backup vocals.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15097 on: December 01, 2020, 01:29:58 PM »

And poor drafts - heh

Even this one - where they get 2 pretty good players - as we know Celts tried like hell to deal up.

You were able to sell the #30 at least.  Congrats to Danny on the cash.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:32:46 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15098 on: December 01, 2020, 01:41:21 PM »

Smart is just 26 this year

PER on the rise.

Not unlike Austin Rivers.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15099 on: December 01, 2020, 03:46:24 PM »

Chip-I don't think Hamas is that picky .

I wasn't going back to the days of Bias and Lewis, but you're right in general the Celts have usually been home-grown (but Ainge did get KG). But even Red would go off the reservation and bring back key pieces, like Bailey Howell, Wayne Embry, Charlie Scott  Parrish, DJ to enhance his teams.  The guy was a genuis. I got to speak to him once, it was a book signing on a rainy day in the mid '70s, and I was about the only person in the store and he tolerated my questions. Finally he said to me, "so kid are you going to buy a book?  I wasn't expecting to, but I did and he signed it. Red got me for $10.

But re kyrie, Gordo, Kemba, I may be wearing emarald tinted shades, but if Gordo and Kemba weren't playing hurt against the HEAT, they would have won the ECF. And they would have played the Lakers tough. Spilled milk.

In any case, with Kemba on shaky knees a trade of Smart, who's on a real good contract, seems out of place unless they do something HUGE. I'm not a capoligist and NBA accounting is incomprehensible at best, but maybe by trading Smart (for at least 2 1s) and creating more cap space, they could then trade for a stud at guard using the $28MM TPE.

I hope they don't trade him, he's a blast to watch (most of the time) as posted before he's an acquired taste, like single-malt scotch.

I could see the Celts give a fair amount of PT to the recent draft classes to see what they have and what they might contribute in the post-season, before using that TPE.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15100 on: December 01, 2020, 04:11:17 PM »

Those who want Smart on the Knicks also loved when we had JR "Knucksie" Smith.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15101 on: December 01, 2020, 04:39:56 PM »

Ian Begley: Nets star Kevin Durant said John Wall “looked amazing to me, he looked great” when he and Wall played together during the offseason. – via Twitter IanBegley

yep

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15102 on: December 01, 2020, 05:49:03 PM »

Do you fuck your racist mother with that mouth?

I only ask because you’ve made it clear you are a dickless wonder.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15103 on: December 01, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »

Do you fuck your racist mother with that mouth?

I only ask because you’ve made it clear you are a dickless wonder.

Thanks, Facil. 

That WAS Vile, even by Kiid's elevated standards. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15104 on: December 01, 2020, 06:07:01 PM »

SMH

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 1844