Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918459 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15165 on: December 04, 2020, 05:30:55 PM »

I think Frank has made strides in that department and he has some milestone accomplishments and benchmarks behind him that will help him make more strides quickly if that’s the direction the coaching staff wants to go.

I’m less trusting Smith staying focused and making good decisions for significant stretches. That’s never really been a big part of his game even in stretches where he has been productive.

Payton pulling out a career year shooting makes either of these guy his backup. Frank would make it a lot closer than DSJ.

Rivers can beat out DSJ in any back court role. I don’t think you put Austin on the floor instead of Frank.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15166 on: December 04, 2020, 05:36:06 PM »

I dislike our team.

And I'd rather watch young guys make mistakes than journeymen do the same.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15167 on: December 04, 2020, 06:10:58 PM »

One way to ensure Obi gets max minutes:

Buddy Hield for Julius Randle and a protected first rounder.

They can have Frank as well, give us a warm body back and/or a second.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15168 on: December 04, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »

Rivers can beat out DSJ in any back court role. I don’t think you put Austin on the floor instead of Frank.

If this were the case we would not have signed him

Though there is a thought process that AR could be moved in FEB.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15169 on: December 04, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »

Smith and Toppin are the true wild cards that could propel this team to upper 30 wins and beyond.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15170 on: December 04, 2020, 06:22:55 PM »

I dislike our team.

Poor you.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15171 on: December 04, 2020, 06:27:33 PM »

If this were the case we would not have signed him

Though there is a thought process that AR could be moved in FEB.

Rivers signed a peanut sized team friendly deal to provide bench depth in the backcourt. He’s become fine in that capacity and he wants to be here. Good pickup by us.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15172 on: December 04, 2020, 06:28:18 PM »

Buddy Hield for Julius Randle and a protected first rounder.

Well, that might have been possible if they had matched BogdanBogdan's offer sheet.  But they already have Bagley and Holmes (and Barnes) at PF.  And that would leave them far too thin at SG, with rook TyH starting and no backup (we could throw in A Rivers/Burks/Bullox).  But I assume Kings want to make the playoffs this year.

The Fox - Hield; Cory Joe - TyH backcourt is pretty nice and versatile.

With Fox netting a max deal, Kings wanted to be careful with their money and let Bogx2 go.

I think it's going to be hard to find a landing spot for Julius.
Also, ObiT can get more minutes by simply reducing Randle to 25 mpg, if toppings deserves half the courttime.  Looked like Randle ran out of gas in the 4Q most games last year.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15173 on: December 04, 2020, 08:20:06 PM »

I didnt make it up

Sac wants picks - and a salary match puts Randle - a great scorer - sorry - in play.

I am sure Knicks

a)  come up short on pick offer(s)

and/or

b)  dont wish to give up Randle in this one.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco's obits
« Reply #15174 on: December 04, 2020, 08:28:58 PM »

In case you don't know about the new obituary on Chamaco's posts it's for a Loeffler campaign staffer:

"One of Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler’s campaign staffers was killed Friday in a multivehicle crash in South Georgia, forcing her and Gov. Brian Kemp to cancel their plans to join Vice President Mike Pence in Savannah for a rally.

Harrison Deal, a young aide for Loeffler and a former intern for Sen. David Perdue, was also a close family friend of the Kemps. The 20-year-old from Statesboro was remembered by Loeffler as a beloved member of her team."
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15175 on: December 04, 2020, 09:17:09 PM »

wait? what? when did he lose the Trump has the best dick I ever sucked closing para? I hadn't even noticed!

*** guess it is kind of embarrassing to keep posting that after your man loses by 7 f'ing million votes
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
It's complicated
« Reply #15176 on: December 04, 2020, 09:32:21 PM »

wait? what? when did he lose the Trump has the best dick I ever sucked closing para? I hadn't even noticed!

*** guess it is kind of embarrassing to keep posting that after your man loses by 7 f'ing million votes

Les, it's complicated. Chamaco has at least 2 impersonations here:

kiid's closing generally is about free Portland or some other place he don't like.
kid's closing is a rolling obituary.
He/they moved on from the Trump closing a long time ago, maybe Trumptin has no dick after all, or doesn't have Putin's permission to use it with Chamaco.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15177 on: December 05, 2020, 02:19:42 AM »

Within a recap of the Knicks‘ offseason moves, Marc Berman of The New York Post suggests that Leon Rose‘s Plan A involved trading for Chris Paul and then signing Carmelo Anthony.

When Paul, who reportedly wasn’t interested in joining the Knicks, was instead sent to Phoenix, Rose pivoted and completed a handful of minor signings and trades to fill out the roster.

Yikes.
Interesting that both plans involved bringing in vet journeymen (sorry but that's what CP3 and Melo have become in their dotage, even if Paul is still a high level fella).  I guess that's to give Thibs a fighting chance. 

Thibs more Win Now then Develop Pups.  Alex Burks playing big minutes and Knox DNPe-ed would be distressing.  Au Revoir and no Franc?  That's what Berman and kiid foresee.  Seems a very short-sighted approach to Bo.

I like Thibs ... but for these Knix?
Woulda brought in a development coach such as Atkinson.

Maybe we can flip Rivers or Burks midseason for a yute or pick to a playoff team in need.  That's what we did with our PF overload last year after MaMo played well.
Would give Knox and franc half a season to apprentice under Thibs' system before they get significant playing time.  I could go with such a tough love approach.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #15178 on: December 05, 2020, 02:25:40 AM »

Knox and Frank are on the clock.  The 2021 draft is loaded and we have our pick, the Dallas pick, and two second rounders (Charlotte and Detroit). 

Philly gets the Knick own 2nd rounder.  I believe this was a Travis Outlaw trade from 2015.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #15179 on: December 05, 2020, 02:28:33 AM »

I haven't given up on knox and franc but I don't put too much stock into either one.

If one of DSJ/Frank/Knox pans out this year I will be happy.   

If all three flame out I won't be surprised or even too bothered.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 1848