Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1144678 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15705 on: December 23, 2020, 11:10:29 PM »

Harden doing his BLACK LIVES DONT MATTER act

That was funny!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Les
« Reply #15706 on: December 24, 2020, 12:40:11 AM »

Hey Les,

Why don’t you talk to prawns? 🦐

They’re very lonely without your conversation.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: "that allows", lol, Coach doesn't need an allowance
« Reply #15707 on: December 24, 2020, 01:19:21 AM »

And yet...he started Payton like I expected.   

And yes,  there will be a catalytic event...   maybe in practice, maybe in a game .... that will ALLOW Thibs to make a change that faces the least resistance.

"And yet...he started Payton like I expected."

Like everyone expected you blithering idiot.

Many were calling for him to start IQ.   My point is, that's not what a real coach would do.  You don't start the rookie on game 1.  Not unless he was the annointed draft pick like RJ was.  IQ will learn from the vets and start at some point soon.  It's going to happen this season and the only question is by what date?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 01:21:03 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #15708 on: December 24, 2020, 02:56:28 AM »

Good for a half; Barrett, Randle, and Burks can play in the NBA. Limited bench and another burnt out legend at coach. Timely to listen to the spirit of Red Holtzman from xmas past. Sell the team, moron. Happy holiday long sufferings.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15709 on: December 24, 2020, 05:37:56 AM »

Barrett, Randle, Burks, Quickley.

We got a solid as whopping from what is likely a top six team in the conference who were one hip pointer away from losing their home opener.

Payton was a huge mess.

Frank moved well, had some nice feeds to Noel that got discombobulated on their way to the rim, and picked up phantom fouls. He needs to get woven in more so he can find a groove.

Knox and Toppin looked like promising young pups.

RJ looks 3/4 of the way there.

Reggie was a scratch. Definitely behind Burks in the pecking order.

Dallas lost. I will be happy every time that happens this year. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: December 24, 2020, 08:12:05 AM »

Sabonis with about 13 points and 3 floor burns in the 1Q.  Looking sharp.  Also tagged 2 fouls on Mitch and baited Nawlins into a dumb one.

TJ "Rabbit" Warren playing terrible D and leaving Bullox open plenty (plus a backdoor cut).

Have I mentioned lately that Brogdon is my favorite NBA player?  Really schooling Elf.  Knix with a lot of early turnovers, which have really been good Pacer steals, by The Frog and Oladip.

RJB keeping Knix in it, along with Bullox 3's.
Worrisome sign: Randle has adopted the old E-City hairdo.  Why you want to be a chunky guy in a Knix uni looking like Curry, I have no idea.

Knix with a good 2Q.
Toppings and Knox not doing well 1st half.
Randle kind of messy shooting but has drawn IND into the paint and passed out to open shooters who are knocking down 3's.  Knix knocking down 3's!
Bullox and Burks.

Noel and Mitch foul trouble gave us some Julius-ObiT pairing.
Not much D as expected.  Randle could get down court faster.

3Q
Oladipo owning the 3Q.
Randle gets his 4th foul.  Knix Bigs fouling a lot.
Wondering why IND is sticking with TJ, when he's struggling.  And Dougie looked real good and active.
Knix transition D has been porous.

Not a big fan of Quinn Buckner's commentary, but I like his Clean It Up! call as Myles Turner comes over to swat.

4Q
TJ McConman having a nice game.
Seemed like the Knix stopped scoring when Franc & Knox came on.
Randle improved his stat line by scoring 6 points in garbage time.
Sure filled the statsheet.  Who would have thought Randle would start the season with a near triple-dub.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15711 on: December 24, 2020, 08:21:41 AM »

Mostly a fun game v. a superior team.
Sabonis dominated and had a career high in points.
Boarded and passed well too.
With all of his activity inside, I was surprised when Sabonis picked up his 1st foul a couple minutes into the 4Q.

MyTurn wasn't far from a trip-dub in 29 minutes.
Tied his career high with 8 blocks.  Very effective, except for missing all of his 3's.

IND had a tough time shooting 3's.  IND bench 2-15 on triples.  But if you notice they all spot up 3 feet behind the arc.  I hate that.  Oladipo can make 25 footers.  Rest of the team should be closer to the line.  McDoug was 5-6 at the rim (2 dunks and 3 layups and once blocked by Knox); and 0-6 on 3's.  Odd.  But he was cutting and moving.  Flew in a for a dunk rebound early while RJB was standing flatfooted not boxing out.
Q: Is Kennard really much better than McDermott?

Hope Quickly is okay.
It didn't look like much, but looked like a back tweak which can vary a lot.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15712 on: December 24, 2020, 08:37:31 AM »

Knox and Toppin looked like promising young pups.

Really?
I thought Knox was kind of a train wreck.
He was aggressive, but for naught.
1-4 FG before a last minute  drive and slam down 16.
Knox was awful on D with some bad fouls.
Did stick with McDoug blocked one drive.  But let's see him do that on a quick driver.

I thought ObiT had a pretty quiet outing.  Hit 3-7 on 3's, but one of those was an accidental banker.  Had another airball 3, and I think another 3 hit the backboard first.  His corner 3's seemed the most reliable.  Had a nice end of the half help block (that might have been goaltending).  His lone assist was a nice transition feed, which was nearly picked off by the Frog, and barely squeezed through two players.

I don't really recall his D or Boarding.  partly because my video feed was smallish while the IND announcers frequently failed to note which Knix did what.  Sabonis beat ObiT in transition once, but Randle jogged back, leaving that matchup  to ObiT.

Knix wings scored well, but the transition D of RJB, Bullox and Burks (and Elf) was poor all game.

I was amused that in the middle of the very first Knick possession, Thibs pulled off his mask to shout at his players and the refs.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15713 on: December 24, 2020, 09:44:17 AM »

Back to backs for Knicks Sat/Sun

If Quicks isnt back, DSJ very likely gets his opportunity.

Fac - Frank was AWFUL.  Just affected the game positively in no way whatsoever.  Beaten like a rented mule on backdoor cut by McD.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: December 24, 2020, 09:47:38 AM »

Barrett did play about 7/8 minutes at the PG last night.  Thibs may not just hand out minutes (Frank, Dennis, etc) due to injuries.  We'll see.

Jerrya

• View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: December 24, 2020, 09:52:27 AM »

This shows how important a good PG is in today. Quickly came in and the team went on a rampage,  went out and the team looked like   garbage. Payton played awful on both ends of the floor.

I’m not saying he’s a superstar, but he knows how to run a team and that’s something we’ve been missing for a long time.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15716 on: December 24, 2020, 10:19:22 AM »

lol, Elf was awful, Frank was pretty bad, RJB wasn't very good (at PG), fully expect DSJ to be horrid if he gets any burn.
Thibs has his work cut out 'til IQ comes back. Nonetheless, very impressive job by him so far. Good things coming. No doubt.

Kinda reminds me of the Eddie Lee Wilkins situation back in '84. Eddie comes out with a mind-boggling, Garden-rocking debut, immediately gets injured. (never the same after, don't think the IQ situation ends similarly)
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #15717 on: December 24, 2020, 02:15:09 PM »

Merry Christmas everyone.

Or, to quote James Harden, "Ho, Ho, Ho."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 04:41:14 PM by FWK00 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15718 on: December 24, 2020, 06:17:54 PM »

This shows how important a good PG is in today. Quickly came in and the team went on a rampage,  went out and the team looked like   garbage. Payton played awful on both ends of the floor.

I’m not saying he’s a superstar, but he knows how to run a team and that’s something we’ve been missing for a long time.

The Knicks scored SIXTY SIX FUCKING FIRST HALF POINTS, most with Elfrid Payton

Yes, Quicks was a +5 as he avoided the Indiana halftime defensive adjustments.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: December 24, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »

You know Quickley wasn't the Ky point guard, right?
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1861