Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943042 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
U forgetting something?
« Reply #16290 on: January 11, 2021, 12:15:40 AM »

Draft for positional size, agility, handle, and passing. Everything else is easier to build up through a decent NBA development program.

How about shooting? I mean, we could do with a Reggie Miller or two, don’t u think?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Paging DeAHunter
« Reply #16291 on: January 11, 2021, 12:16:30 AM »

RJB so far at 38% FG and just 21% on 3's.
Taking nearly 5 treys per.
I understand you need to take open shots, but RJB and Elf should be shooting very few 3's.  As Clyde likes to say, sometimes you're open for a reason.  RJB shooting 3's is a win for the other team.

Sigh.

Not having Burks has had a cumulative effect.  When you have comeone who is a drop dead shooter, like Burks, it's funny how much bigger the basket gets for the second and third tier shooters.  Randle can't be the only one who is a threat to score. 

Work In Progress. 

Charlotte on a nice run.  Tomorrow could be rough. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #16292 on: January 11, 2021, 03:03:19 AM »

Burks wasn't even starting and is a career 37% 3-Pt shooting journeyman on his 6th team in 3 years.  If he is our savior, we are beyond doomed.
Yes, he had an excellent 3-game streak of offensive brilliance to start the season -- though we still lost 2 of those.
Yes, he often misses plenty of games.

When Franc or Elf or RJB starts to launch a 3, a little uh-oh goes off in my head.

Reg Bollocks is a career 38% from 3.  And a significantly better defender than Burks.  Though Reg has shot worse the last 2 injury-plagued years.  And he has a rather limited handle.

I still prefer Reg (solid 3 & D) and Rivers (3 and ballhandling/passing) over Burks.
But that can change if Burks plays high level consistent team ball.

Assuming Thibs wants Bullox for his steadiness and D; and Rivers for his combo guard ability and pairing with IQ, I'm not sure what that leaves for Burks.  Especially if Franc is in the mix.  We'll see.  Reg and Au Revior aren't the most durable (neither is Burks).  Certainly have to get Burks some mins to see if he can distill some of that December all-star play.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: January 11, 2021, 08:21:58 AM »

eyetest for two journeymen in small sample size
Burks better than Bullock, team plays better with Burks than Bullock
think Burks faces no minutes issues on return
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: January 11, 2021, 10:21:06 AM »

DEN tossed out a zone in the 1Q and stopped Knick penetration, leaving the Knix to clang outside shots.  The DEN announcers noted that Coach Malone dislikes zones and rarely uses them, but it worked against NYK.  Likely other teams will take note.

Knick transition D still a disaster.
About the 3rd play of the game, NUGs push the ball, two go down the left side.  Randle follows his man, but nobody picks up Harris, as Elf (likely at fault) and Bullox  both stare at Jokic and the other NUG straight ahead.  Happened in the UTA game as well where no one picked up Bogdanovic who just walked to the left corner unguarded.  Other poor transition D plays as well, but the ones where two guys pick up the same assignment and one opponent goes unnoticed are particularly egregious.  Communicate.  Know who your man is.  Turn your head right and check the left side.

Knick bench got thoroughly outplayed.
No rhythm, not much teamwork.
DEN bench better than I thought.

Mont Morris is a lethal shooter.
JaMike is solid.  PJ "Bull" Dozier looked terrific, boarding and bombing.
I kind of forgot about Hartenstein, a big who likes to bang.  He looked interesting for HOU but Dantmanbee went ultra-small and IH wasn't involved there.

Campazzo has poise, even if he is 4'11"
BolBol a project but can block and pops 3's.
Cancar?  Nnaji?  I don't even know what country these names come from.
(Slovenia and father from Nigeria, respectively)
Nnaji and RJ Hampton 5 were both late 1st round picks.

So a young unproven deep bench.
And when porter returns you have Barton as well.
Mix and match and have one of Gary Harris or Murray or Jokic out there with the bench, and it works.  I'm not sold on DEN being any real threat in the West, but they are a quality team.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Burks' Law
« Reply #16295 on: January 11, 2021, 12:10:51 PM »

Bo, the notion of Alexc Burks being marginalized by Frank and Reggie is kind of....uh, ODD.  As if your insistence that he is no more than a marginal player. 

Thibs has long had a rep for playing the players in the front of his rotation extra big minutes. 

Think that the injuries to Alec, Obi, Frank and Omari forced his hand. 

RJ and Julius have been logging way too many minutes. 

RJ's 40+ at SG/SF is just too damn much.  Know he is only 20, but he has had no legs under his jumper of late. 

As for your piss take on Burks, he was 18-20 from the FT line, and 10-15 from trey when he got hurt. 

Gimme a break. 

Put him on the floor at SF with Austin and Immanuel, and suddenly the latter are getting way more open looks. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: January 11, 2021, 01:09:57 PM »

Burks wasn't even starting and is a career 37% 3-Pt shooting journeyman on his 6th team in 3 years.  If he is our savior, we are beyond doomed.
Yes, he had an excellent 3-game streak of offensive brilliance to start the season -- though we still lost 2 of those.
Yes, he often misses plenty of games.

When Franc or Elf or RJB starts to launch a 3, a little uh-oh goes off in my head.

Reg Bollocks is a career 38% from 3.  And a significantly better defender than Burks.  Though Reg has shot worse the last 2 injury-plagued years.  And he has a rather limited handle.

I still prefer Reg (solid 3 & D) and Rivers (3 and ballhandling/passing) over Burks.
But that can change if Burks plays high level consistent team ball.

Assuming Thibs wants Bullox for his steadiness and D; and Rivers for his combo guard ability and pairing with IQ, I'm not sure what that leaves for Burks.  Especially if Franc is in the mix.  We'll see.  Reg and Au Revior aren't the most durable (neither is Burks).  Certainly have to get Burks some mins to see if he can distill some of that December all-star play.

So ...

Burks is on a career upswing, Bullock on a down, Burks has been a revelation THIS YEAR, but you slide Alec down the chute?

Radical, bro.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: January 11, 2021, 01:11:59 PM »

There's a reason Bollocks was starting and Burks was bench.
If Rivers was available, Alec might not have gotten his op to go off the first three games. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16298 on: January 11, 2021, 01:20:27 PM »

Bullock can’t carry a second unit by providing a serious scoring punch. Burks does, though that punch can also be used to juice a flagging starting unit.

Now that Quick and Rivers have somewhat emerged and Frank is on his way back, The bench is less dependent on a focal vet. Bullock can toughen and add D to the bench while Burks handle, eye, and trigger can open things up for our starting 5.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
What the Others Just Said..plus
« Reply #16299 on: January 11, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »

There's a reason Bollocks was starting and Burks was bench.
If Rivers was available, Alec might not have gotten his op to go off the first three games.

lol, Thibs says finishing more important that starting, and gave Burks more minutes than Bollocks in all three games he was available

*** he obviously like what he saw, and so did we
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:40:54 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16300 on: January 11, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »

Thibs may also chose to run Burks and Bullock together a lot as both are sharper from three than RJ  who seems to be wearing down under this level of usage. RJ seems to play better with the kids lately, so that might be the shuffle once Burks returns.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: January 11, 2021, 04:43:04 PM »

If the Knicks are to avoid their first three game losing streak under Thibs they would be wise to ditch their ugly new city uniforms which have brought them no luck.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
G League Draft--KNICKS PICK
« Reply #16302 on: January 11, 2021, 05:11:05 PM »

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/pattoju01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-

6'11" Center JUSTIN PATTON, 23 years old out of Creighton.

16th pick in the 2017 draft by Chicago.   

Had cameos with Minny, Philly and OKC. 

Alonzo Trier was picked by the T-Woves affiliate.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 05:15:10 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16303 on: January 11, 2021, 05:58:18 PM »

Good.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: January 11, 2021, 06:02:52 PM »

eyetest for two journeymen in small sample size
Burks better than Bullock, team plays better with Burks than Bullock
think Burks faces no minutes issues on return

You can't say it better or briefer than this.

Can only add that Burks seems much more versatile with the ball as well.
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 1850