Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1113 1114 [1115] 1116 1117 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1075007 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Quickley owns Qeveland
« Reply #16710 on: January 30, 2021, 12:31:38 AM »

Against the Cleveland Cavs, a team that plays their home games at an arena dubbed "the Q", Knicks guard Immanuel "IQ" Quickley has thrived.

In 2 regular season games vs the Cavs...

23/5/4 in 28 minutes on Jan15 on 9 for 17 shooting
25/5/3  in 25 minutes on Jan29 on 9 for 17 shooting

Also shooting 8 of 15 from 3pt land and 4 for 4 from the FT line over those two contests

When Quicks gets going its incredible to watch

But this vs the midget backcourt, as you spell out
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #16711 on: January 30, 2021, 12:35:15 AM »

What would NYK give up for Rose?

Discussed earlier

I think we were at Frank and Knox plus a pick for Rose and McGruder

Likely not enough - we are bidding against LAC at least

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
D. Rose
« Reply #16712 on: January 30, 2021, 01:21:07 AM »

What would NYK give up for Rose?

Discussed earlier

I think we were at Frank and Knox plus a pick for Rose and McGruder

Likely not enough - we are bidding against LAC at least

Frank and Knox without the pick would be ok. Rose would be fine as a third string PG.

On the other hand, just as good or better if LAC wins the bidding.

If the pick is a 2030, or later, second rounder, that’s ok too 😉
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 01:24:04 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16713 on: January 30, 2021, 01:27:29 AM »

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16714 on: January 30, 2021, 06:04:33 AM »

I guess I would trade Franc and a 2nd rounder for Rose, if I wanted Rose at all.
Any kind of 1st rounder would be demented.  DRose is 32, misses a lot of games, is an iffy defender and poor 3-baller.  If we're going to bring in a vet PG, it needs to be someone who can hit from outside.

At this stage of Knick reconstruction, it seems awfully myopic to cash in Yute for a creaky vet. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16715 on: January 30, 2021, 06:21:21 AM »

That would be cool.

I think the lineup we try to build to and may ultimately start, if no deals are done, is

IQ RJ Burks Randle and a center. I think this lineup can work with Mitch, Noel, and probably Taj with fairly similar results, but the most upside in Mitch and the most pace in Noel which is why they are one and two.

Mitch Noel Taj
Randle Obi
RJ Bullock Knox Iggy
Burks Frank DSJ
IQ Rivers Payton

Elf & Taj are two physical vets to stick in for break glass situations. We won’t see Kevin, Dennis, or Iggy much. Of the second unit guys, Noel, Obi, Reggie, Frank, and Rivs, Noel and Rivers can count on big regular run with the other three seeing their time fluctuate with situations and Thibs’ gut.

I’d inquire if there is interest in Payton, DSJ, Knox, and Iggy either alone or grouped. With the way our front office parlayed both our late pick and Ed Davis, I’m happy with them putting those small chips on the table now. The top ten guys are the ones not to mess with as they can function or show promise of functioning in this new Knicks system. Of the four, Knox is the one to show most patience with as he’s built the most current value.

Dennis, Iggy, and Elf together make about ten mil, meaning they’re swappable for 7.5-13.3 ish million in contract.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16716 on: January 30, 2021, 06:42:35 AM »

Taurean Prince, Tony Snell, and Lonzo fit those dollars. Zo seems to be playing his way into staying or at least requiring valuable picks to pry free. Exum is a cheaper option. The one I like best is Ariza, who the thunder seem to be doing OK without.

We send them Knox and their choice of Payton or Smith saving them 2 or 3 mil this year for Trevor and they agree to let us crunch two future seconds into a first in some future draft. If they let the guard go they can get a look at Knox who has two more years of team control as he’s coming into his own. He’s young and has shown tools, but there doesn’t seem to be a reasonable path to him earning a major role here anytime soon.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16717 on: January 30, 2021, 10:26:56 AM »

Nice job wth the draft simulator, Kam - reminding us the Mavs pick for '21 is UNPROTECTED thus we get it no matter where it lands

This guy gives Knicks a D- in the deal

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2021/01/27/dallas-mavericks-regrade-kristaps-porzingis-trade/3/

Yet not all agree

My colleague Brad Dressler over at Daily Knicks argued recently that the Knicks won this trade. His case is Kristaps Porzingis’ injuries make him not worthy of a max contract. The Mavericks made the playoff last season and gave the Clippers all they could handle with KP in the lineup in the first round. It was a poorly timed injury, but one that is unlikely to repeat. The Knicks were not even one of the 22 teams invited to the bubble

Full Dressler piece

https://dailyknicks.com/2021/01/23/knicks-mavericks-already-lost-porzingis-trade/

Should be interesting seeing what we get if we keep the picks or if we deal one or the other/both

But even if Dallas and Knicks swap places - and we get a top tenish (OUR PICK) plus a 15 in 2021 and 2022 (2 Dallas pick seeing as they arent making any headway), seems we can make that deal look a wee bit better than D-

Getting something for Smith is also gravy - if it does occur - and we can go back and unwind what we got, if anything - in using the Hardaway cap space which went to Mavs.

Have a good Saturday, all.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16718 on: January 30, 2021, 10:36:41 AM »

At this stage of Knick reconstruction, it seems awfully myopic to cash in Yute for a creaky vet.

Well, sure, Bo.

This is why deals get done further into the season, when dealers/dealees know more of their lot in the standings -

if Knicks are a lost cause likely there is no Rose chatter.

When is that deadline again?  Not soon, right?  For now we dont even know if Derrick holds up healthwise -

Re:  how it would affect NY rotation - I'd think Quickley wouldnt be bothered too much with a minutes decrease - looking more at Rose/Payton swap of PT.  Maybe Elf even going in the deal to help mentor K Hayes.

In other PG news, how about runmors Ball is to be dealt - followed by a breakout points game by Lonzo?  Was the player sending a message or did they call more plays for LB to get his value up?  Hmmmm.........

Thinking is they want Kira Lewis to play.

I have zero idea what type guy Lonzo is within the locker room of a team with young stars - and if this has had an effect on  New O's thought process on the player.  I just think they should give him the team to actually run before making a determination

Like when he did this:

Min   FG   3PT   Reb   Ast   Pts
Lonzo Ball   35   10-20   7-13   3   8   27

NEW ORLEANS      131
MILWAUKEE          126
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 10:40:14 AM by kidcarter8 »

zupzup2

• View Profile
« Reply #16719 on: January 30, 2021, 12:20:42 PM »

I'm enjoying this: Randle is better moving LJ with a sprinkle of Mase fearlessness, and RBJ is a bright eyed, well composed Spree, and IQ, well he might be a new prototype for us.

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #16720 on: January 30, 2021, 12:26:18 PM »

really nice game...once they settled down after the post-west coast blues they played a nice game with real control....what a fucking pleasure to watch, and yes NBA coaching counts - in a big way...

As for rose....just not sure of the point...unless they can trade Payton, but even then the bloom is long off this rose...hard bounce pass...

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16721 on: January 30, 2021, 02:27:51 PM »

Not surprisingly, WISEMAN takes over as top rookie

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-rookie-ladder-jan-27-2021-edition

Quickley SIXTH - but this was 5 days ago - so he may move up to 4th or so....

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16722 on: January 30, 2021, 02:38:39 PM »

Program note:

Lakers-Celtics  ABC  830 PM

Celts have their starting five intact, finally.  Lakers may be without AD again - Kyle Kuzma filling in as they go small.

Teams split 2 games last year.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 05:52:26 PM by kidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16723 on: January 30, 2021, 09:20:12 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16724 on: January 30, 2021, 09:55:27 PM »

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2021/1/30/22258083/report-dennis-smith-jr-asks-knicks-to-send-him-to-the-g-league-bubble

Good degree of self awareness, DSJ.

No downside to this move unless Payton and IQ both miss time.  And a chance to pump his value up with a good showcase in feb for the mid march deadline.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 1113 1114 [1115] 1116 1117 ... 1852