Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 911456 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17400 on: March 02, 2021, 11:39:24 PM »

Did you see the blitz trap they did on Quickley when things were still in the balance?

Pop is most dangerous when he’s denyed his regular lineup. His Spurs seem to always respond.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17401 on: March 03, 2021, 12:01:29 AM »

I only saw the 2nd half!

At least if Rose is in quarantine, there's only one more game and then 8 days off.
So he won't miss much.

I never cared much for Lyles, but he had a very solid game.
Looks like he could shed 10 pounds.
Luka Semanic looked interesting.  The Zagreb Express.
Just turned 21, has been playing pro in Euroland for years.
His father had a 19 year pro career.  Luka won some Euro slam dunk contests.

This was only Semanic's 7th NBA game and the 4th in which he saw more than spot minutes.  Dropped 14 on the Knix, had only 19 NBA career points prior.
Edit: he actually played 3 games last year scoring all 16 points that year in one game v. Utah.  So surprisingly this wasn't a career high for him.

Anyway, with Elf & Rose out Thibs started Franc over Quicks.  Thoughts?
Franc shot well, but had 0 assists.
I don't hear any calls for Alec Burks to start anymore ...

Oh well, Knix allowed a bad game.  Should be fired up for DET.
Randle can use the rest; hopefully he plays just 10 mins or so in the AS game.
Nawlins can use a break too after playing so many minutes.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
San Antonio
« Reply #17402 on: March 03, 2021, 09:34:04 AM »

A friend of mine thought the Spurs were a gimme. 

I was not so sanguine, Pops being Thibs' doppleganger. 

We couldn't make a three or defend a three. 

Spurs offensive coherence was a thing of beauty. 

Frank showed some genuine growth as a scorer, and while IQ was efficient from trey [6-13] he was 2-8 on floaters and drives, and slightly out of control.  IQ with 4 assists, Frank was nada.  IQ at this point in his evolution is still more adept at creating for himself, no mean feat. 

But by no stretch of the imagination are Frank or IQ on par with Elfrid or Derrick vis a vis facilitating.   

Oh, yes, the Knicks passing was incredibly sloppy and inefficient.  We had 16 turnovers and 18 assists.  The Spurs had 8 turnovers and 31 assists.  There's the game. 

My love for Frank notwithstanding, while he had only 1 TO in 25 minutes, it was one of those lazy telegraphed passes into the paint that just made me wince.  Nothing decisive about his pass, nor stealthy about his intentions. 

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17403 on: March 03, 2021, 12:17:58 PM »

Bring back the Braz. Knix are so thin up front. Moses Brown and/or Paul Reed, any shot at a trade?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: San Antonio
« Reply #17404 on: March 03, 2021, 12:19:26 PM »

A friend of mine thought the Spurs were a gimme. 

I was not so sanguine, Pops being Thibs' doppleganger. 

We couldn't make a three or defend a three. 

Spurs offensive coherence was a thing of beauty. 

Frank showed some genuine growth as a scorer, and while IQ was efficient from trey [6-13] he was 2-8 on floaters and drives, and slightly out of control.  IQ with 4 assists, Frank was nada.  IQ at this point in his evolution is still more adept at creating for himself, no mean feat. 

But by no stretch of the imagination are Frank or IQ on par with Elfrid or Derrick vis a vis facilitating.   

Oh, yes, the Knicks passing was incredibly sloppy and inefficient.  We had 16 turnovers and 18 assists.  The Spurs had 8 turnovers and 31 assists.  There's the game. 

My love for Frank notwithstanding, while he had only 1 TO in 25 minutes, it was one of those lazy telegraphed passes into the paint that just made me wince.  Nothing decisive about his pass, nor stealthy about his intentions.

Just to clarify. 

Loves me some IQ...six of thirteen from trey against the Spurs D is damn impressive.  As for the forays into the paint, they pretty much stifled the entire team on action in and around the basket. 

PS: JAKOB POELTL: A solid 8-8-3-1-2

PPS: We point that out because the Spurs got him with DeRozan in the Kawhi exchange.  And where did the Raptors get Poeltl?  Why from a #1 pick Masai Ujiri, he of the Melo Heist, fleeced from the Knicks in the Bargnani trade. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: March 03, 2021, 01:29:53 PM »

Noel seemed far less impactful last game. Probably a good bet that the recent (huge) increase in minutes took a toll.

I'd love to see the last 40 seconds of the second half again. My memory is that the Knicks got the ball with some 35 seconds and Randle leisurely brought it up — not the slightest thought for a 2-for-1. Later, a bad shot and miss. Then the 3-point debacle at the end of the half with less than a second on the clock.

Not a particularly good game for Julius either.

Eh, it happens.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17406 on: March 03, 2021, 01:55:08 PM »

Noel can’t really hold a spot offensively and he has a rough time catching the ball. Those are the two main areas where Mitch and Taj outshine him.

I like that we were trying to get him going early both halves, but as some commentator commented, if your driving and he’s the roll man you are better off putting a tough shot on the rim which might fall, or he might put back, or you board on the chase, rather than trying to thread him a tough pass.

Frank, as some predicted, is developing as a shooting guard and wing more than a PG. Guys who defend like that and hit half of their 3’s have a definite place in our rotation.

Rose got a negative test and is back with the team. He should be good for Detroit.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: March 03, 2021, 03:08:20 PM »

I'd love to see the last 40 seconds of the second half again. My memory is that the Knicks got the ball with some 35 seconds and Randle leisurely brought it up — not the slightest thought for a 2-for-1. Later, a bad shot and miss. Then the 3-point debacle at the end of the half with less than a second on the clock.

Here ya go:
https://nbafullhd.com/23810-2/
Just scroll to the 18:00 mark

You can also watch the MSG feed here:
https://nbafullhd.com/new-york-knicks-vs-san-antonio-spurs-2-mar-2021-replays-fulltedgame/
Part 2 = 2Q.  But they cut off this video just as Randle's shot hits the side of the backboard with 11 secs left.
And then the last 2 SA possessions are on Part 3.

No idea why Randle was bringing the ball upcourt the last two possessions, except that Franc had just been reinserted  as "PG".
But both of Knick last two possessions of the half SA wisely attack Randle's dribble just across midcourt to slow the NYK offense..
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: March 03, 2021, 04:49:59 PM »

Bring back the Braz. Knix are so thin up front. Moses Brown and/or Paul Reed, any shot at a trade?

RE:  MOSES

WRIGHT is the one we want
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: March 03, 2021, 04:54:26 PM »

SPURS 18-13.  Hmmmmm...

Celts also back on track.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: March 03, 2021, 04:56:49 PM »

Meanwhile the West story to watch is Pelicans trying to catch Dallas or Memphis

One of Ja, Luka or Zion likely to not make playoffs, as NBA suffers.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17411 on: March 03, 2021, 06:24:27 PM »

PHX 15-3 last 18 games.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: March 03, 2021, 08:53:07 PM »

Here ya go:
https://nbafullhd.com/23810-2/
Just scroll to the 18:00 mark

You can also watch the MSG feed here:
https://nbafullhd.com/new-york-knicks-vs-san-antonio-spurs-2-mar-2021-replays-fulltedgame/
Part 2 = 2Q.  But they cut off this video just as Randle's shot hits the side of the backboard with 11 secs left.
And then the last 2 SA possessions are on Part 3.

No idea why Randle was bringing the ball upcourt the last two possessions, except that Franc had just been reinserted  as "PG".
But both of Knick last two possessions of the half SA wisely attack Randle's dribble just across midcourt to slow the NYK offense..

Thanks.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17413 on: March 04, 2021, 04:23:05 AM »

One thing interesting on those replays is that you can click the gear at the bottom right of the video to adjust settings.  Which allows you to slow down the vid feed to 1/4 normal speed.  Your own personal replay center (sans the extra camera angles).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: March 04, 2021, 09:55:32 AM »

Wow, what a defensive debacle on the 3. What was Thibs thinking with that setup?
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1847