Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914725 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17490 on: March 09, 2021, 10:36:54 PM »

TyH > Bullox/Burks.
The right play was to draft TyH and Quickly.
Revamp our entire backcourt.  Shooters and ballhandlers.
I was calling for TyH and a late PG most of the pre-draft.

I didn't know about Quix, but there were a handful of PG's expected to be around our late round pick.  Kira ended up going fairly high (#13), but Quickly, Pritchard, Flynn, Maledon were all options.  Haven't seen Malachi, but his numbers are horrendous.  Pritch is tough and a strong shooter; Maledon has some nice tools. 
But Knix hit well with Quickly.  His 3's and floater much better than expected. a knack for drawing fouls, etc.

Otherwise, maybe kiid can call into talk radio and explain to Thibs that Alec "6 teams in 3 years" Burks is clearly a better talent than Bullocks and should start.
Since his reasoning is so persuasive.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17491 on: March 09, 2021, 10:50:39 PM »

Who plays more games the next three years, Haliburton or KP?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17492 on: March 10, 2021, 12:55:35 AM »

Otherwise, maybe kiid can call into talk radio and explain to Thibs that Alec "6 teams in 3 years" Burks is clearly a better talent than Bullocks and should start.
Since his reasoning is so persuasive.

Burks scoring/passing a better fit for the second unit. 

I like Reggie.  But certainly want an upgrade if one is available at our price.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17493 on: March 10, 2021, 12:59:22 AM »

Hypothetically if we dealt for Beal Wiz would surely take Burks over Bullock - and then hope to re-sign him.

chipstern

• View Profile
DO NO HARM [March 25]
« Reply #17494 on: March 10, 2021, 08:15:28 AM »

More nonsense. 

"Devin Booker wants to force a trade to the Knicks."

The "evidence" is that he a Kentucky alumnus and has close relationships with Leon Rose and World Wide Wes. 

$29,467,800   $31,650,600   $33,833,400   $36,016,200

Numbers from his recent max out contract. 

More so than even Chris Paul or DeAndre Ayton, he is the face of the Suns franchise. 

His consistency on every level has been exemplary.  Last season he tallied 26.6 ppg, 4.2 rebounds and 6.5 assists.  This season, with the ball in his hands less due to the presence of General Paul, he is putting up 24.9, 3.6, 4.4

He has a great young coach in Monty Williams and a bona fide mentor superstar leader in Chris Paul who have helped transform the Suns into a 24-11 team, having lived through 23, 24, 21, 19 win seasons, rising to 34-39 under Williams in Monty's first season, and coming off an ass kicking run in the Bubble. 

Yes, Knicks fans, NY has achieved a level of competitive respectability and is surely becoming a more attrative option for a higher class of player. 

But just because Booker went to Kentucky and has good relations with Rose and WWW [as did Chris Paul], just because Stephen A. petitioned Dame Lilliard to force his way to NYC, just because WWW has purportedly whispered to Bradley Beal that he should request a trade, just because the Bulls are notoriously cheap and Zach Levine's $19,500,000 contract ends in 2022, DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE GOING TO FORCE THEIR WAY TO THE KNICKS.  Remember how the Knicks signing Johhym Bryant and Walt Perrin was supposed to trigger Donovan Mitchell's Hejira from the Jazz?  Come on people. 

Hey, I have my Kawhi Wet Dream, as he has an opt out this summer, and that my friends is a MAX Player. 

But seriously, Chip, Kawhi is a Los Angeles baby....that's his HOME. Could he grow frustrated with the Clips if they fall short again?  Sure.  But the Knicks?  Be still my heart. 

Knicks VP of Basketball and Strategic Planning Brock Aller was a key player--purportedly--in countering Thibs' desire to offload the likes of RJ and Mitch in search of veterans, and overpaying for FAs, choosing to go all in on one year-modestly priced-make good contracts.  Yes, the Knicks are supposed to have put in a bid on Gordon Hayward, one would guess at $25 x 4, but when Charlotte went $30 X 4, the Knicks demurred; and Brock is purported to have resisted big numbers for Bogdonavich and Morris. 

One might also conclude that in drafting Obi, Randle was on the clock.

Well, Julius, RJ and Mitchell are a core of solid players moving forward, and Payne & WWW's fervent advocacy for Quickley has given us a Lou Williams talent, maybe better, moving forward. 

Devin Booker?

Give me a break.  I do not see him behaving in a James Harden manner now that all of his hard work is paying off in Phoenix.

Booker?  Beal?

As ALAN HAHN has made plain, think a James Harden package of draft picks and assets Knicks fans.  Kevin and Frank?  Ha.  Try RJ and Obi to start.  TO START. 

What moves if any the Knicks make by March 25 will prove a telling marker as to how we proceed forward. 

Be interesting to see if Aller/Perry offload any of our one years, let alone Kevin and/or Frank, in pursuit of draft picks, 2-for-1s, garabge sales. 

THIBS has us growing.  THIBS has us defending.  THIBS has us competing.  THIBS has fostered great chemistry, no nonsense accountability, and an infectious work ethic. 

I do not see the Knicks growing weak in the knees over any shiny objects, or cashing in attrractive trade pawns such as Payton, Bullock or Burks given THIBS' trust in them as rotation players, and the remote prospect of getting back anything better than some second rounders. 

Let alone not rocking the boat in our second half push for a playoff berth. 

Anyway, every time I Google Knicks News, someone is passing off their absurd wet dreams as rumors. 

Neither Devin, nor Dame, nor Bradley are on their way.  Thank You. 

My LAST WORD On This. 

Promise. 

chipstern

• View Profile

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Where would the Blazers be...
« Reply #17496 on: March 10, 2021, 09:15:31 AM »

...without Enes the Crunchtime Defensive Menace!

https://streamable.com/hercjt

Looks like you can play Kanter.
Enes Kanter has filled in nicely in the 23 games since center Jusuf Nurkic was sidelined by a broken wrist in mid-January, averaging 12.9 points and 13.4 rebounds while playing high-effort defense as a starter. One of his best moments of the season came in the closing moments of Portland’s final win over the first half of the season. Trailing Sacramento 108-105 late in the fourth, Kanter played a huge role in four straight defensive stops.
Kanter has long been criticized for his defense, and many years ago ex-Thunder head coach Billy Donovan was caught on the sidelines saying, “Can’t play Kanter.” In some situations, that’s true. But Kanter always tries as hard as he can.

Unselfishness runs through Kanter’s veins, and he brings the same mentality on offense. On a team full of scorers and shooters, he is the immovable object who gives Damian Lillard space to author brilliant moments; he’s the bruiser inside creating second chances on the boards. Kanter has his flaws, but he epitomizes what it means to be a team player. The depleted Trail Blazers are finding out that can lead to a lot of regular-season wins.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/8/22319031/nba-power-rankings-midseason-brooklyn-nets
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:21:31 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Where would the Blazers be...
« Reply #17497 on: March 10, 2021, 11:13:31 AM »

Enes Kanter has filled in nicely in the 23 games since center Jusuf Nurkic was sidelined by a broken wrist in mid-January, averaging 12.9 points and 13.4 rebounds while playing high-effort defense as a starter. One of his best moments of the season came in the closing moments of Portland’s final win over the first half of the season. Trailing Sacramento 108-105 late in the fourth, Kanter played a huge role in four straight defensive stops.
Kanter has long been criticized for his defense, and many years ago ex-Thunder head coach Billy Donovan was caught on the sidelines saying, “Can’t play Kanter.” In some situations, that’s true. But Kanter always tries as hard as he can.

Unselfishness runs through Kanter’s veins, and he brings the same mentality on offense. On a team full of scorers and shooters, he is the immovable object who gives Damian Lillard space to author brilliant moments; he’s the bruiser inside creating second chances on the boards. Kanter has his flaws, but he epitomizes what it means to be a team player. The depleted Trail Blazers are finding out that can lead to a lot of regular-season wins.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/8/22319031/nba-power-rankings-midseason-brooklyn-nets

Thank you. 

Ladies and gentlemen, your Portland Knicks. 

PS: Funny we got Enes and Doug McDermott and the #2 we used to pick Mitchell in exchange for Melo.  Then exchanged Doug for Emmanuel Mudiay as part of Steve Mills/Devoid Fizdale's master plan to stifle the evolution of Frank Ntilikina's development, while Devoid decided Enes nightly double double wasn't worthy of minutes.  Now McD is providing the Pacers with productive minutes at the 3-spot, while Enes and Melo doing likewise for the Blazers.  Mitchell as an enduring Knicks asset/cornerstone a miracle of dumb luck.

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwhile
« Reply #17498 on: March 10, 2021, 11:28:25 AM »

Meyers Leonard claims he didn't know calling someone a kike bitch on a live ZOOM gaming confab could be construed as being bigoted and racially insensitive.  I keed, I keed. 

Somehow I don't think we will be claiming Fort Meyers when he comes up for grabs on the waiver wire. 

Like many racial epithets that have come down through history, the origins are often innocent, though through useage they become heinous. 

Calling someone a wop?

On Ellis Island, when Italian immigrants arrived, often without any documentation, save in perhaps a family Bible, customs officers dubbed them with the short hand for With Out Papers. 

Caling someone a Mick or a Kike?

Was short form for the preponderence of prefixes or suffixes in Irish or Jewish names, such as McHugh, McTavish, McCormick, etcetera. 

As for the N-Word. Well....let us count the ways. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/books/chap1/nigger.htm

That gets complex.  You can trace it back to the Latin for black. 

Niggardly (noun: niggard) is an adjective meaning "stingy" or "miserly". It is derived from the Middle English word nigard, which is probably derived from Old Norse nigla, meaning "to be poor", which itself is most likely derived from hnøggr ("stingy").

It all comes down to context and useage, but any way you slice it, THEM'S BE FIGHTING WORDS. 

Lenny Bruce famously confronted his audience by chanting the N-Word repreatedly, over and over and over....commenting as an epilogue, that perhaps if we use it often enough, through useage, through over-useage, through becoming commonplace, it will lose its power to hurt a little black school girl in Alabama. 

Or, perhaps not. 

PS: Meyers Leonard just effectively signed his own letter of exile from pro basketball. 

PPS: Speaking of dipshits, Johnny "Curt Schilling Lite" Damon was stopped by cops in Florida dirinv with blood alchohol levels four times the legal limit.  He and his wife tussled with cops, Damon asserting he was very much pro-police, surely a solid defense for driving while smashed out of one's skull, and that he was being persecuted for being a Trump Supporter...oh such a cross to bear. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:34:19 AM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Where would the Blazers be...
« Reply #17499 on: March 10, 2021, 01:50:25 PM »

Thank you. 

Ladies and gentlemen, your Portland Knicks. 

PS: Funny we got Enes and Doug McDermott and the #2 we used to pick Mitchell in exchange for Melo.  Then exchanged Doug for Emmanuel Mudiay as part of Steve Mills/Devoid Fizdale's master plan to stifle the evolution of Frank Ntilikina's development, while Devoid decided Enes nightly double double wasn't worthy of minutes.  Now McD is providing the Pacers with productive minutes at the 3-spot, while Enes and Melo doing likewise for the Blazers.  Mitchell as an enduring Knicks asset/cornerstone a miracle of dumb luck.

Both players finally got into basketball shape after their disappointing tenures in NY.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17500 on: March 10, 2021, 01:50:56 PM »

Sooo....

Hall of Fame discussion today

Are they or aren't they?

Bosh
T Hardaway
B Wallace
M Cooper
Webber

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: DO NO HARM [March 25]
« Reply #17501 on: March 10, 2021, 02:00:34 PM »

More nonsense. 

"Devin Booker wants to force a trade to the Knicks."

The "evidence" is that he a Kentucky alumnus and has close relationships with Leon Rose and World Wide Wes. 

$29,467,800   $31,650,600   $33,833,400   $36,016,200

Numbers from his recent max out contract. 

More so than even Chris Paul or DeAndre Ayton, he is the face of the Suns franchise. 

His consistency on every level has been exemplary.  Last season he tallied 26.6 ppg, 4.2 rebounds and 6.5 assists.  This season, with the ball in his hands less due to the presence of General Paul, he is putting up 24.9, 3.6, 4.4

He has a great young coach in Monty Williams and a bona fide mentor superstar leader in Chris Paul who have helped transform the Suns into a 24-11 team, having lived through 23, 24, 21, 19 win seasons, rising to 34-39 under Williams in Monty's first season, and coming off an ass kicking run in the Bubble. 

Yes, Knicks fans, NY has achieved a level of competitive respectability and is surely becoming a more attrative option for a higher class of player. 

But just because Booker went to Kentucky and has good relations with Rose and WWW [as did Chris Paul], just because Stephen A. petitioned Dame Lilliard to force his way to NYC, just because WWW has purportedly whispered to Bradley Beal that he should request a trade, just because the Bulls are notoriously cheap and Zach Levine's $19,500,000 contract ends in 2022, DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE GOING TO FORCE THEIR WAY TO THE KNICKS.  Remember how the Knicks signing Johhym Bryant and Walt Perrin was supposed to trigger Donovan Mitchell's Hejira from the Jazz?  Come on people. 

Hey, I have my Kawhi Wet Dream, as he has an opt out this summer, and that my friends is a MAX Player. 

But seriously, Chip, Kawhi is a Los Angeles baby....that's his HOME. Could he grow frustrated with the Clips if they fall short again?  Sure.  But the Knicks?  Be still my heart. 

Knicks VP of Basketball and Strategic Planning Brock Aller was a key player--purportedly--in countering Thibs' desire to offload the likes of RJ and Mitch in search of veterans, and overpaying for FAs, choosing to go all in on one year-modestly priced-make good contracts.  Yes, the Knicks are supposed to have put in a bid on Gordon Hayward, one would guess at $25 x 4, but when Charlotte went $30 X 4, the Knicks demurred; and Brock is purported to have resisted big numbers for Bogdonavich and Morris. 

One might also conclude that in drafting Obi, Randle was on the clock.

Well, Julius, RJ and Mitchell are a core of solid players moving forward, and Payne & WWW's fervent advocacy for Quickley has given us a Lou Williams talent, maybe better, moving forward. 

Devin Booker?

Give me a break.  I do not see him behaving in a James Harden manner now that all of his hard work is paying off in Phoenix.

Booker?  Beal?

As ALAN HAHN has made plain, think a James Harden package of draft picks and assets Knicks fans.  Kevin and Frank?  Ha.  Try RJ and Obi to start.  TO START. 

What moves if any the Knicks make by March 25 will prove a telling marker as to how we proceed forward. 

Be interesting to see if Aller/Perry offload any of our one years, let alone Kevin and/or Frank, in pursuit of draft picks, 2-for-1s, garabge sales. 

THIBS has us growing.  THIBS has us defending.  THIBS has us competing.  THIBS has fostered great chemistry, no nonsense accountability, and an infectious work ethic. 

I do not see the Knicks growing weak in the knees over any shiny objects, or cashing in attrractive trade pawns such as Payton, Bullock or Burks given THIBS' trust in them as rotation players, and the remote prospect of getting back anything better than some second rounders. 

Let alone not rocking the boat in our second half push for a playoff berth. 

Anyway, every time I Google Knicks News, someone is passing off their absurd wet dreams as rumors. 

Neither Devin, nor Dame, nor Bradley are on their way.  Thank You. 

My LAST WORD On This. 

Promise.

I still call BS, as you provide no documentation that Thibs favored dealing Barret and/or Robinson.

chipstern

• View Profile
Thibodeau Vs. Aller [by Yaron Weitzman/NY POST]
« Reply #17502 on: March 10, 2021, 04:50:04 PM »

https://nypost.com/2021/03/09/how-leon-rose-rebuilt-the-knicks-an-inside-look/

It didn’t take long for Thibodeau to begin angling for roster upgrades.

“I think, as a head coach, the only thing you want is a voice,” he said in September. “I’ve known Leon and Wes for a long time, so they’ve asked my opinion on a number of things. Doesn’t mean that they’re always going to do what I ask them to do, but I think there’s a trust factor there.”

He pleaded for Rose to offer long-term deals to free agents such as Gordon Hayward, Marcus Morris and Bogdan Bogdanovic. He wanted to trade for Derrick Rose, a longtime favorite of his. He thought RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson could potentially be flipped for seasoned veterans. Initially, he was hardly sold on Julius Randle, according to a colleague.

“There’s no rebuilding or long term with Thibs,” a former colleague said.

Aller, however, wanted to do exactly that. He thought the Knicks should target second-tier veterans like Austin Rivers and Alec Burks with one-year deals — and then during the season try flipping them for future draft picks. He wanted future cap space preserved. He believed current cap space should be used to harvest other team’s poor contracts in exchange for additional picks.

Despite Thibodeau’s pleas, the Knicks left most of their cap space unused. They signed Rivers and Burks and Nerlens Noel to one-year deals. They didn’t give out long-term contracts or trade away any young players or chase the aging Russell Westbrook after he requested a trade. They took veteran big man Ed Davis from the Timberwolves, flipped him to the Utah Jazz — and received one future second-round pick on the front end and two on the back. Rose handed Thibodeau a roster that entering the season was $8 million below the league’s salary floor, believing that his longtime friend could mold it into a group that competed every game.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 05:27:38 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
Be Ess
« Reply #17503 on: March 10, 2021, 05:57:26 PM »

I still call BS, as you provide no documentation that Thibs favored dealing Barret and/or Robinson.

https://uwaterloo.ca/news/media/research-shows-people-who-bs-are-more-likely-fall-bs
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Be Ess
« Reply #17504 on: March 10, 2021, 07:00:52 PM »

https://uwaterloo.ca/news/media/research-shows-people-who-bs-are-more-likely-fall-bs

Which proves that Chamaco is an easily duped bullshitter 😁💩

Well done BoZ!!!

Ah, but he thinks he owns the libs 😂🤣
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 07:04:43 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 ... 1848