Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964759 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17835 on: March 27, 2021, 12:39:19 AM »

You can see that Avdija has a good feel for the game, knows what is going on.  But he looks to be treading carefully, is low energy, and just doesn't seem to know how to make an impact.  He's got more of a versatile, all-around game than any one standout skill.  But he mostly has just seemed a warm body out there the games I've seen the WASherwomen. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17836 on: March 27, 2021, 01:57:20 AM »

Westbrook really shot WASh out of the game in the 4Q.
Deciding to miss a lot of jumpers.  Also had a number of turnovers.
Maybe if he wasn't such a human tornado the first 3Q's, he'd have more energy and focus to drive and thrive in the 4Q. 

Mathews really plays tough and gritty.  You can see why he relegated Avdija to the bench.  Alex Len played well and was feisty.  I've liked him since his rook year, thought he'd have a better career.

Taj set a ton of rugged screens, freeing up both Burks and IQ for 3's.  Also got a pair of 4Q rebounds in traffic.  Great game.

On a night where he didn't have it and got a thigh injury, Randle played decoy, deferred to the Guards, and still came through with two key baseline J's.  Nicely done on an off game.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17837 on: March 27, 2021, 02:54:05 AM »

Suddenly Greek Freak's bro is a player?

12-5-3-1 tonight in 17 minutes vs Boston in a loss.

Didnt we have Thanasis at one point?

He’s always been a player. He’s finally come into NBA speed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17838 on: March 27, 2021, 03:10:26 AM »

You can see that Avdija has a good feel for the game, knows what is going on.  But he looks to be treading carefully, is low energy, and just doesn't seem to know how to make an impact.  He's got more of a versatile, all-around game than any one standout skill.  But he mostly has just seemed a warm body out there the games I've seen the WASherwomen.

It will be some time before Deni is at the top of his game. At the moment, half way through his rookie season he dropped in 20 points in a game, 10 boards in another, and he’s also notched 5 dimes. He has a nearly 2-1 ATR as a 6’9” teenager who regularly puts the ball on the floor. No one is in love with his shooting percentages or his D as a rook so far. He’s come into the NBA about where he was for Maccabi 14-16 months ago. The gap between the leagues should give one confidence about him maturing on a fairly favorable growth pattern from where he’s gotten himself already in DC.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Phool Jagoff....The GRIFT That Keeps Giving
« Reply #17839 on: March 27, 2021, 01:32:27 PM »

My last word on this shameless sack of shit, save if Charlie Rosen chimes in....who waited until the Knicks were making baby steps towards a positive culture and a re-energized fan base with a coach Phool noticeably never considered for his Triangular stragulation, having done something Phool's supplicunts could never do...get the Knicks peeking above .500 

Besides signing unmotivated party animal Joakim Noah to 4 x 18 million (and then empowering asswipe Jeff Horny Wreck to go out of his way to publically humilate him), one might compare that signing favorably with Neon Leon inking the likes of Burks and Noel to one year make goods....it is worth noting that while Phil didn't offload our #1 picks as Isiah and Donnie and Grunwald had, he nevertheless traded away all of our #2 picks, which given our record turned out to be fairly valuable, made very dicey trades, and with the exception of Porzingis falling in our laps, was not exactly a draft guru/judge of talent. 

To wit....

If that appears murky, so is the logic that passed on Dimwiddie, Grant, Nokic and Clarkson in the second round.  The second round admittedly being a crap shoot, but Phil got crap, while Perry (having cleaned up the Carmelo mess Jagoff engendered) got Mitchell Robinson with the second rounder he obtained in his Anthony trade. 

"A little travelling music, Sammy..."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:40:26 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Post Mortem From Mike Lupica
« Reply #17840 on: March 27, 2021, 01:46:27 PM »

"Pro tip to Phil, as he’s out trying to do damage control now: It’s not really Zen-like to compare yourself to Donald Trump as a victim of the big, bad media...." 

chipstern

• View Profile
Terrence Ferguson
« Reply #17842 on: March 27, 2021, 02:00:19 PM »

What have we got if anything. 

Only 22, and an athletic 6'6"

Scuttle butt is he is a good defender, up and down offensively. 

Worth noting, that in his second year for OKC, playing as a SG, he took 290 treys, and converted 106 for a .366%, while converting FTs on his infrequent trips to the charity stripe at a .725% clip over 26 minutes a night. 

Playing the following year as a SF, his modest numbers and efficiency plummetted. 

He was pretty much nailed to the bench for the Sixers this season. 

Forward....MARCH

chipstern

• View Profile
Imagine My Dissapointment
« Reply #17843 on: March 27, 2021, 11:31:41 PM »

I was looking forward to BoD's regularly scheduled hohum about Alec Burks. 

Oh, well. 

21 points
6-12 from trey
10 rebounds
5 assists
2 blocks

Just a career journeyman. 

My bad. 

Bogdon Bogdonavich [23.3 minutes]

10.2 ppg
3.3 reb
2.4 ass
.339 trey
.933 FT [14-15]

Alec Burks [26 minutes]

13.0 ppg
4.4 reb
2.1 ass
.399 trey
.854 FT [76-89]

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17844 on: March 27, 2021, 11:49:32 PM »

Burks is literally a journeyman.
He's been up and down offensively this year.
Lately on a pretty good tear.
I've been impressed by his rebounding.
That shows effort and toughness.
And you can always use an extra wing pulling down boards.
And he was okayish trying to fill in as a PG for a few games.  Certainly better than when RJB did his spot-PG attempt last year.
Last i checked Burks shooting numbers were almost identical to Bullox (but with greater volume).
Maybe tilted towards Burks now with his recent 5 game streak.

Bogdanovich just returned from a knee injury which kept him out most of the year.
But really I would have tossed all our money at FVV.

My initial contention was that Burks was not the superstar he appeared the first three games and would regress. 
Then when folks were touting Burks as a starter, I pointed out his flaws more, and contended that Bullox was the
better starter for the Knix.  Both true.

The more interesting questions:
So how much will the Knix be willing to pay Burks to stay?
Is Burks going to look for not only money but a potential starting SG gig?
Should Burks be our starting SG next to RJB next year?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17845 on: March 27, 2021, 11:51:01 PM »

Did the paperwork clear on cutting Vincent Poirier? Can we hold that up for a sec?

Other than the terrible news for our Mitch, that was a tense watchable game. We got lucky with who they could suit up, considering who we were down by the end of the first quarter.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the roster spot...

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Buy Outs
« Reply #17846 on: March 27, 2021, 11:53:29 PM »

Aldridge to the Nyets. 

If they ever get everyone healthy for one day....

Aldridge-Griffin-Durant-Irving-Harden
Jordan-Harris-Shamet

Not too shabby. 

Meanwhile, who might the Knicks pursue of the current buyouts?  With one open roster spot? 

Al Horford is being sat down for the season by the Thunder, with two additional 27 million years on his contract.  Thunder will work to accomodate him, but probably not in time for the Knicks to make a run at him. 

So...who's left?

Mitchell went down tonight with a broken bone in his right foot.  Damn shame.  Was playing really well, really SMART. 

So, does that mean Andre Drummond?

NOPE

Bullock hurt

Does that mean Otto Porter?

NOPE

Rose, Payton, Quickley, Ntilikina, Harper

So Jeff Teague would appear to be too little, too late, even if he was a Thibs guy in Minny.

We do need a center with Mitchell probably out for...who knows

Gorgul Dieng?

Played for Thibs in Minny.  Doesn't have garish stats like Drummond, but if a rim protector who defends, boards, converts his FTs.  Basically gave Thibs 10-8-2 during his first season with the Wolves, converting .812% on FTs. 

In 22 games for Memphis this season, he converted 23-of-48 treys.  That's .478%.  And 38-43 FTs, which translates to .884. 

Dieng just turned 31 years old, is 6'10" 252 pounds. 

Looks like a fit, and propitious timing. 

Facil, please call the available centers hotline.  Your ship has come in. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17847 on: March 27, 2021, 11:54:34 PM »

The Bucks have some interesting pieces buried on their bench.

I always knew Thanasis was capable of getting 20 & 10 in a Knicks game.

Kudos to RJ, Burks, Taj, Nerins, and DRose.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17848 on: March 27, 2021, 11:57:32 PM »

Chip,

Dieng, Dedmon, and Poirier top my there and potentially cheap list at the moment.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #17849 on: March 27, 2021, 11:58:35 PM »

Burks is literally a journeyman.
He's been up and down offensively this year.
Lately on a pretty good tear.
I've been impressed by his rebounding.
That shows effort and toughness.
And you can always use an extra wing pulling down boards.
And he was okayish trying to fill in as a PG for a few games.  Certainly better than when RJB did his spot-PG attempt last year.
Last i checked Burks shooting numbers were almost identical to Bullox (but with greater volume).
Maybe tilted towards Burks now with his recent 5 game streak.

Bogdanovich just returned from a knee injury which kept him out most of the year.
But really I would have tossed all our money at FVV.

My initial contention was that Burks was not the superstar he appeared the first three games and would regress. 
Then when folks were touting Burks as a starter, I pointed out his flaws more, and contended that Bullox was the
better starter for the Knix.  Both true.

The more interesting questions:
So how much will the Knix be willing to pay Burks to stay?
Is Burks going to look for not only money but a potential starting SG gig?
Should Burks be our starting SG next to RJB next year?

Burks was hurt too. 

I believe there would be mutual interest between the Knicks and Burks, if the price is right. 

He does not seem to have any issues with starting our coming off the bench. 

He has been a terrific team mate and contributor.  Thibs' type of guy.  A vet with savvy, skills and an all around game. 

Starting?  I doubt that would be an issue for a career role player, who came to the Knicks with precisely that expectation in mind.  More valuable as a plug and play Wing at SG-SF.  Anyone who can on any given night convert 6-12 treys can play on my team. 
Pages: 1 ... 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 ... 1851