Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914738 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18015 on: April 06, 2021, 12:36:32 PM »

Julius Randle plays horse ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18016 on: April 06, 2021, 01:25:20 PM »

Chip with the cause/effect dissertation on a choke by Randle.

Blah blahhhhhhh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18017 on: April 06, 2021, 01:36:25 PM »

I like Obi but Thibs sees the game.  Cant just have Toppin out there and leak points

1st quarter - up ten.  Obi in, moves to up 4

4th quarter - tied.  Obi in - moves to down 4

Casue and effect there?  I dont know - but Thibs seemed to feel it

Just a clutch 3 in crunch time by Kyrie, followed by a Burks dagger to tie.  Then a great defensive trip where we couldnt secure a fuckin rebound

But Chip knows we lose because Randle had no legs on his last J (funny how he was still plenty able to drain 2 late free throws and to get to his spot at the final horn)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18018 on: April 06, 2021, 02:12:06 PM »

Kid knows basketball the way a camel knows deep sea diving.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18019 on: April 06, 2021, 04:04:45 PM »

It's not the missed shot. It's been obvious for awhile that Randall is often not playing well at the end of games.

If we can see it, Thibs should see it.

The Knicks seem hurt at the end of games by the absence of a consistently strong and aggressive point guard. During the game, I've got no issues with moving from Rose to Peyton to IQ. But at the end that doesn't cut it. You need your badass playmaker on the floor.

BTW, Barrett was hot in the 4th quarter, making a few buckets in a row, but never got another shot off in the last few minutes. Give his recent miss at the end, I was hoping he would get a go at it. Meanwhile, hasn't Burks proved that he's deserving of his number getting called for a final play? I think so.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18020 on: April 06, 2021, 04:08:55 PM »

I like Obi but Thibs sees the game.  Cant just have Toppin out there and leak points

1st quarter - up ten.  Obi in, moves to up 4

4th quarter - tied.  Obi in - moves to down 4

Casue and effect there?  I dont know - but Thibs seemed to feel it

Skeptical about your argument here. Didn't we just see a game where Obi was playing unusually well on all fronts, but he was yanked nonetheless? And then he didn't even get back in after that? Think I'm remembering correctly, not sure.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18021 on: April 06, 2021, 06:15:15 PM »

Thats fine

The game you mention ....

Randle has been playing entire first and third quarters.  Was no different that game, extending Knicks lead from 3 points to 10.  I guess you could have had Julius sit the entire quarter but that would have been a bit radical.  (AS we know opponent went on 15-2 run to end the half)

Toppin scored 9 points in second quarter

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18022 on: April 06, 2021, 06:15:44 PM »

Entire first quarters.  That is the issue.  But I have often wondered why teams do NOT do this.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18023 on: April 06, 2021, 06:16:14 PM »

Yep, we most certainly did, Elephant,  we went up big when he was in and went back down as soon as he came out...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18024 on: April 06, 2021, 06:23:55 PM »

It was pretty clear after Randle blocked LMA that he was spent.
Hell, one reason I liked the challenge was to give Julius a breather.

A couple plays later, Randle secured a board and dribbled up court, crossed half court and passed to RJB.  Then Randle stayed near halfcourt looking like he might collapse, with maybe his thigh bothering him too.  That possession was a last 2 minute touch for RJB who passed to Noel who was fouled at the basket and proceeded to miss a pair of FT's down 5.

Randle was obviously tired and missed his last 2 shots.  Childish to call the buzzer beater a choke.  It was simply a missed shot.

But of course when a player is tired and muscles fatigued the chances of making the shot diminish.  Balance, elevation, concentration and more can all be negatively affected.  The overuse not only harms Julius' effectiveness late in games but increases the risk of injury.

Playign Randle 31 mins in a huge blowout on the 2nd game of a B2B was just plain stupid.  You can justify big minutes in a close game, but I'd rather have Randle fresh for the 4Q.  Mr. Thibs notorious for running his starters into the ground.

At this point, I'd also like to see Randle rested and ready for the playoffs/playins.
It'd be good for the young pups to get playoff experience,  Good for the team as a group as well.  And Randle hasn't faced playoff hoops as the main man, so good learning experience for him too.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18025 on: April 06, 2021, 08:25:29 PM »

Nice seeing Flynn, Pritchard and Lewis give more of a benefit to their respective teams second half.  GO, PG BRIGADE!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18026 on: April 07, 2021, 12:16:45 AM »

It was pretty clear after Randle blocked LMA that he was spent.
Hell, one reason I liked the challenge was to give Julius a breather.

A couple plays later, Randle secured a board and dribbled up court, crossed half court and passed to RJB.  Then Randle stayed near halfcourt looking like he might collapse, with maybe his thigh bothering him too.  That possession was a last 2 minute touch for RJB who passed to Noel who was fouled at the basket and proceeded to miss a pair of FT's down 5.

Randle was obviously tired and missed his last 2 shots.  Childish to call the buzzer beater a choke.  It was simply a missed shot.

But of course when a player is tired and muscles fatigued the chances of making the shot diminish.  Balance, elevation, concentration and more can all be negatively affected.  The overuse not only harms Julius' effectiveness late in games but increases the risk of injury.

Playign Randle 31 mins in a huge blowout on the 2nd game of a B2B was just plain stupid.  You can justify big minutes in a close game, but I'd rather have Randle fresh for the 4Q.  Mr. Thibs notorious for running his starters into the ground.

At this point, I'd also like to see Randle rested and ready for the playoffs/playins.
It'd be good for the young pups to get playoff experience,  Good for the team as a group as well.  And Randle hasn't faced playoff hoops as the main man, so good learning experience for him too.
I don't believe Randle has faced playoff hoops as second banana either.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18027 on: April 07, 2021, 03:19:36 AM »

Kevin Pelton's 2020 draft analysis from Nov 2020.
He has ObiT out of the the 1st round on his projections. 
And apparently has ObiT as his 81st player based on his stat projections(!)

He had LaMelo #1, tyH #2, Cole nathony 3, Vassel #4; RJ Hampton #5; Isaih Joe #6

He quite likes small PG's Cole Ant, Moloch FLynn, Cassius Winston (where he talks about the historic value of little PG's who can shoot).  All in his Top 10!
He had Quickly at 64

Some guy with the brilliant name Trevelin Queen 7; Jah'mius Ramsey #11.

For Pelton this was really a G draft.
Pelton wasn't much interested with the Bigs aside from Okongwu.
He rated Xavier Tillman 19, way ahead of ObiT, Precious, McDaniels.

Interesting to see a different idiosyncratic take.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18028 on: April 07, 2021, 04:20:01 AM »

I think Obi is coming around and can carve a role for himself with work.

If we did miss w the pick, it should have been Bey.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18029 on: April 07, 2021, 06:03:25 AM »

Knix were fortunate that a number of players dropped and we had a choice of TyH, ObiT and Deni, among others.  We went the conservative route taking the older player, after the Franc and Knox high-risk picks (yes, different management).

I still think ObiT was an odd pick considering Thibs prefers defenders, we had a starting PF in Randle and other positions of need, and Thibs likes to play his starters big minutes.  I wouldn't have been drafting a backup at #8.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 1848