Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916998 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Superman 30 rebounds
« Reply #18090 on: April 11, 2021, 09:51:56 AM »

Enes KANTER!!!

30 rebounds to go with 2 assists, 2 blocks and 24 points on 9-16 shooting and 6-8 FT.

Wow!!!

well it was Turkish Heritage night in CLE, though Im not sure why.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18091 on: April 11, 2021, 09:56:52 AM »

Randle's 10th assist:
passed to Burks who dribbled once to his left, then to his right, then took two steps left and fired off a 3.
That counts as an assist?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Random Thoughts
« Reply #18092 on: April 11, 2021, 01:06:59 PM »

Happy for Enes.  Was always taken aback as to how Knicks fans, and fucking Fizdale, seemed to focus on his limitations rather than his attributes.  Enes has heart, and when he gets into his groove, an offensive rebounding/finishing around the rim beast.  And no, would not have reupped him for 20 million, but for Nerlens Noel money?  Portland might considerig him for a raise next season.  Think the Celtics might be having second thoughts? 

Oladipo.  Feel sorry for the brother, because before he got hurt, he was positioned to ascend among the elite guards as a scorer, playmaker, defender.  Odd career move turning down Houston's mega bucks extension.  Would seem that Riley's strategy going foward is sign him to a team friendly contract.  But it is an open question as to whether or not he will even play again this season. 

Interesting roll of the dice, one which I was violently opposed to when the geek choruses in the blogosphere were chanting for us to give up serious assets for his ending contract.  We have RJ.  We have Burks.  We have Quickley.  Who sits? 

For unpteenth time, we will be looking for point guards and 3&D SFs to make the next step team talent wise. 

Thibs appears to love Reggie.  He could be looking at some better offers than $4.2 Million come summer.  Not so sure what if anything our commitment to Kevin might be, let alone Payton and French Frank [whose qualifying offer for 2021-22 is $8.3 million].  Rose and Gibson at a team friendly contracts seem tenable given Thibs' commitment to them and vicea versa. 

But given our cap space and present status in the draft [17, 20, 32 (Detroit), 59 (Philly)], we have some interesting decisions to make, with 8 looming free agents, Julius' third year option and questions of a possible extension, the status of Frank's qualifying offer, assessment of Mitchell's health and possible extension, and judgements as to whether Knox, Harper and Pinson have a place in our plans moving forward. 

C: Robinson, Noels, Gibson
PF: Randle, Toppin
SF: Bullock, Knox
SG: Barrett, Burks, Pinson
PG: Payton, Rose, Quickley, Ntilikina, Harper

Our coming home stand is most def propitious.  I have noted Facil's half a prayer that we somehow finesse the neat trick of being both part of the playoff scrum AND the draft lottery.  We are currently sitting precipitously at the #8 spot, 26-27, 10 games back of Philly/Brookley, with Indiana, Chicago and Toronto in the under .500 contingent, while just above us are Boston, Miami, Atlanta and Charlotte at 7-6-5-4 respectively. 

We had best not sleep on Toronto, even withought those Knicks nemesis VanVleet and Lowry.  Rookie PG Malachi Flynn had a big game last night in a rout of the Cavs [20-2-11-2], SF Yuta Watanabe showed some cajones [6-7 FGs, 2-2 from trey] and young studmuffin Gary Trent, recently aquired from Portland for Norman Powell, went FUCKING BALLISTIC [17-19 FGs, 7-9 from trey], and he lit up the Knikcs earlier this season on the Blazers. 

The Raptors are a championship team, least ways they have muscle memory of such going back two years, a nice core of young pups, and are very PRIDEFUL. 

Gulp. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: April 11, 2021, 02:35:43 PM »

I doubt even Kyle Anderson's mom thinks he's an excellent player.  Fairly solid, useful.  A quality rotation backup.

Anderson's a starter

You may be confused - he was a second teamer for the 60+ win Spurs
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:38:58 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: April 11, 2021, 02:39:48 PM »

Randle's 10th assist:
passed to Burks who dribbled once to his left, then to his right, then took two steps left and fired off a 3.

no

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18095 on: April 11, 2021, 02:47:09 PM »

Good Lord - cant even get that right

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18096 on: April 11, 2021, 04:30:01 PM »

Randle's 10th assist:

no

Thats exactly what occurred.  Clyde suggested, highly optimistically I thought, that that might be Randle's 10th assist.  Long pause and then Clyde confirmed Randle got his 10th assist on that play.  I watched it twice more in disbelief.

So, no what, schmo.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 07:33:24 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18097 on: April 11, 2021, 04:49:39 PM »

And?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18098 on: April 11, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »

Oh, okay, you meant it shouldnt count as an assist.

And?
And I agree with you.

Made me wonder what other dubious assists players get credited with.

Impressive that Clyde's Knick single season record of 8 triple-doubles has lasted over half a century (68/69 season).
And such a stat wasnt much noted back then, so players didnt hunt them out.  Or official scorers ...

Watching a BOS game last week, and Smart passed Larry Legend for 4th most made 3's by a Celt.  Shows how much the game has shifted outward since those early days of the 3-point line.   Pierce, Antoine Walker and Ray Allen were the Top 3.

I modeled my spin move on Ant Walker's (and Jamal Mashburn)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: April 11, 2021, 06:08:31 PM »

Scorekeepers are still human and I don’t think they check tape or do any kind of review except to see that points to players can result from made shots of different types and that player scores amount to team scores. Assists and TOs are never quite accurate. But they are pretty good and with the volume of games tend to even out to relatively true stats. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco has many problems
« Reply #18100 on: April 11, 2021, 06:18:39 PM »

Chamaco, you really have a problem with Chip, why is that?

And what's wrong with the lineup?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 06:58:23 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
'Cause I Ams What I Ams
« Reply #18101 on: April 11, 2021, 06:35:32 PM »

Chamaco, you really have a problem with Chip, why is that?

And what's wrong with the lineup?

"I'll take Crypto Fascist White Trash Weenies with delusions of grandeur who are overcompensating for a deep seeded insecurity about their questionable masculinity and the slipping away of cracker barrell privilege by talking faux tough guy smack anonymously on a forum behind a coward's screen of empty bluster that were it uttered in a saloon on a Friday night after work would get him punched right in his piggly wiggly failure at everything in life farcical face so let me cop a Man Coulter pose 'cause I'm actually a repressed trannie for $500, Alex." 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 07:42:03 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: April 11, 2021, 07:58:18 PM »

Damn - Wiseman feared out for the year with meniscus tear

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: April 11, 2021, 08:57:39 PM »

Damn - Wiseman feared out for the year with meniscus tear

- Say no to All Star Game voting, viewing -

Chamaco, say YES to All Star Game out of Georgia ⚾️
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 09:00:07 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: April 11, 2021, 09:47:12 PM »

Impressive that Clyde's Knick single season record of 8 triple-doubles has lasted over half a century (68/69 season).
And such a stat wasnt much noted back then, so players didnt hunt them out.  Or official scorers ...

I dont think Randle is hunting down anything but wins
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 1848