Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914813 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18135 on: April 13, 2021, 08:21:02 PM »

Haven't gotten much from ObiT.

Havent asked much

Knox and Franc are largely afterthoughts.

Some of us had them as such all summer.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18136 on: April 13, 2021, 08:31:09 PM »

Negatives? 
Haven't gotten much from ObiT.

He needs more run.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Preseason Predictions
« Reply #18137 on: April 13, 2021, 10:50:25 PM »

BoD: I enjoyed your reflections on Knicks signings and progress and the joy of the home team inexplicably [well, not inexplicably, THIBS] becoming a defensive standard bearer, and being the only team to exceed the Vegas over/under.

Query?

I chickened out on 38-34 or even 36-36 and finally settled on a more conservative projection of 33-39 for our pre-season predictions of our final standing.  As I recall, Dawg and I were out there alone on that liferaft of positivity. 

Can anyone post the preseason predictions?  They might prove interesting, such as projecting Obi as a conclusive bust. 

I seem to recall that BoD's call was something like 22-50. 

Anyone???

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18138 on: April 13, 2021, 11:06:48 PM »

Who gives a shit?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Predictions
« Reply #18139 on: April 13, 2021, 11:20:17 PM »

Who gives a shit?

We all do, including you, Crypto Fascist White Trash.

I know I was very low, maybe 20 wins? mea culpa.

I think Kamster the Hamster has the numbers 🐹

Chamaco Cartero was also low.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:23:24 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18140 on: April 14, 2021, 02:19:40 AM »

The Celts held of Los’ Knicks west by 1.

It’s looking like it’s getting easier to climb up into 6 than to fall back to 9.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18141 on: April 14, 2021, 04:22:31 AM »

I should be able to find the forum Win Projections.  Will look later.
Finally a year the optimists among us were right!

I really think the Knick transformation on D has been spectacular. From bad to a Top 5 team defense in one season with largely the same players.  Yes the continuity and RJB's development have helped.  But still an almost unfathomable reversal.
I know some aren't fond of Elf or Bullox starting, but they've been key guys in making the defense work.  Knix really a superior rebounding team, which is how you finish off defensive possessions.  LAL and TOR had considerable trouble getting 2nd chance opps.

I agree that ObiT gets mostly an incomplete.  I'd like to see him get more run too.  While cutting Julius' minutes down to perhaps the 32-34 range.  But some of that is on ObiT.  With better defense, he'd likely be out there more.   (same true for Knox).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18142 on: April 14, 2021, 04:31:59 AM »

You think the Celts might want to reconsider that Hayward to IND for Myles Turner and McDoug trade?

It is believed that ... a sign-and-trade with Indiana was on the table before Hayward ultimately signed with the Hornets for $120 million over four years. Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe reported that Hayward was hellbent on returning home to Indiana to play for the Pacers, who offered Turner and Doug McDermott to the Celtics, who would then sign-and-trade Hayward back to Indiana.

Boston, again according to Washburn, countered by asking for either Victor Oladipo or T.J. Warren to pair with Turner instead of McDermott, which is classic Ainge greed. Oladipo might have low trade value right now, but Ainge was basically trying to get a guy who was, not that long ago, an All-NBA player, along with a very good big man in Turner, for a player in Hayward that he had already decided to divorce.

From the sounds of it, Ainge wanted the second player in the deal to be someone he deemed more valuable than McDermott because the first player in the deal, Turner, was not a player, or contract, that interested him.

I didn't get why Ainge didn't want Turner.  Terrific backline defender, low volume offender, can stretch the floor some.  And McD is a lights out shooter.  I was surprised they could get that much for a sign-n-trade Hayward.   Then Ainge said no thanks.

Instead BOS ends up with a mucky year.  The Foul Lord Robert Williams at C, and paying Tristan 2/$19M.   Instead of MyTurn turning back rim drives.  Somewhere between weird and inexplicable.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18143 on: April 14, 2021, 05:09:47 AM »

Here's what I found stashed in the NBA forum from a day or two after the season commenced:

2021 Knick Win Total Projections

FWK     34
Chip     33
Les      33
Facil     32

Luee     26
BoDid   24
kiid       24
Jack Straw 23
Kam     22

Czarlos  20
BankC's 19

Well, my 24 W prediction was actually dead middle of the pack, though on the decidedly low end, where most expectations resided.  Even the four Knick optimists among us were only anticipating around a 33-39 W-L record..
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 11:35:56 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions
« Reply #18144 on: April 14, 2021, 09:08:15 AM »

Who gives a shit?

We all do, including you, Crypto Fascist White Trash.

lol, that lil bitch gives a shit more than anyone else.

He must spend hours combing through old posts hoping to dig up some morsel that proves him right about something, anything.

There ain't much to find tho
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:07:51 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18145 on: April 14, 2021, 09:41:52 AM »

Well, it would appear as if the Elfrid Payon Experiment [ZERO in 18 minutes on 0-6, 0-3, 0-0, with 3 boards and one assist] IS OVER.   ZERO TEMPO, Leadership And Defense for a desultory -15--but even THAT doesn't begin to tell the whole story.

Chipstern, after GAME 2

heh
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 09:50:43 AM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18146 on: April 14, 2021, 09:42:59 AM »

and more, including his plea for Jared Harper - heh

Yeah Yeah, I know, I know, but why the hell not while we are waiting on Immanuel and Austin ANYWAY.  Not like we stand much of a chance against the Bucks.  Otherwise, we should be starting Burks in the back court with RJ...I mean, Elfrid is a farce.

Why not throw Jared Harper into the deep end of the pool and see if he can compete against men?   

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 11:55:58 AM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18147 on: April 14, 2021, 09:52:00 AM »

and more, including his plea for Jared Harper - heh

Yeah Yeah, I know, I know, but why the hell not while we are waiting on Immanuel and Austin ANYWAY.  Not like we stand much of a chance against the Bucks.  Otherwise, we should be starting Burks in the back court with RJ...I mean, Elfrid is a farce.

Elfrid went 12-16 for 27-7-3 line as we beat Bucks by 20

heh

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18148 on: April 14, 2021, 10:06:19 AM »

Chipstern, after GAME 2

heh

See what i'm saying....there ain't nothing else in his life, ...least since his jizm facial supplier got sent back to Mar A Lago
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
BoD
« Reply #18149 on: April 14, 2021, 12:04:51 PM »

Thanks for the win total predictions. 

Didn't we beat Milwaukee rather decisvely early on [they got revenge]?  That was a clue that something might be up. 

THIBS is one stubborn MF, and while one might not agree with everything he does, he is consistent, and has everyone buying in. 

The overriding principle being, DEFENSE.  That is what gets you minutes on the floor and keeps you there. 

I mean, my God, while we are still vulnerable to the three, nothing like the After Prom Party that teams used to enjoy coming into the Garden going back like twenty years, if memory serves. 

Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1848