Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914841 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco and VBK
« Reply #18210 on: April 16, 2021, 07:38:24 PM »

I know. 

Coach VBK was a vile person. 

Elgin Baylor and Jerry West AND Wilt, deserved better. 

May he fry in Crisco for eternity, or be forced to French Kiss Kiid in Purgatory.

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18211 on: April 17, 2021, 12:20:30 AM »

Only caught the last 6 mins.
Uncle Julius dominant.
But the best Mavs can do is guard him with Sf Funky-Smith?
After that doesn't work a bunch, they try slow-footed Kleber.
You'd think Dwight Powell would be the best physical matchup.

Randle, RJB, Rose did most of the scoring.
Nawlins had a great late rim block. 
But partly cause Funky-Smith had a wide open lane but doesn't have any in-between game.  A little floater or stop and short J woulda been the easy way.

Luka 18 assists, but shot poorly from deep.
I've been touting Brunson Burner, but he had by far the team worst -20.
KZ looks like a solid low-impact game.

Knix hit 1/2 their 3; Mavs 1/3.
Knix continue to stifle opponents 3's.
And sucker teams into taking low % 3's.  Mavs took 45 3's, half their shots.

Whoa, with Burks out, RJB just absorbed his time and was out there for 46 mins
Still had the legs to make a late baseline J over KZ.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: April 17, 2021, 12:45:22 AM »

Oh fuck. Can we win without Alec?

oh fuck yeah.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: April 17, 2021, 12:49:43 AM »

oh fuck yeah.

I’m most pleasantly surprised by the result.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
😊 Pleasantly surprised
« Reply #18214 on: April 17, 2021, 12:57:31 AM »

oh fuck yeah.

I’m most pleasantly surprised by the result.

That, and also that Kamster the Hamster went back to his old “KP tosses salads in Dallas”.

BoZ, I don’t know what’s the time difference between NY and Shanghai, but... When do you sleep? I mean, you seem to see every game, even if it’s just the last six minutes.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: April 17, 2021, 01:26:04 AM »

I've been almost exclusively watching replays off the internet.  A number of sites have full game replays with good quality and either commercials edited out, or you can skip them.
Usually I can get Clyde and MSG.  I've seen more Knick games this year than the last two together.

I've mostly been watching replays at night.  It's pretty easy in China to go half a day or more without knowing who won,
though sometimes I go to ESPn and see the outcome by accident.  Today was the first live action I've seen in a while.  Just a Saturday morning game here, I was up 15 minutes before tipoff, but
did some things and wanted to catch the 2nd half, but got delayed.  Live streaming can be a bit of a mixed bag, as
occasionally the link I get to work might be in Portuguese, which does not sound at all as I thought it would. 
Portuguese sounds like a cross between Spanish and Russian.  Really it sounds Slavic to me, I'd probably guess
Bulgarian.  The internet replays have been terrific, though just on my computer monitor but full screen it looks good.

This is my go to replay site:
https://www.nbafullhd.com/
They usually have links up about 2 hours after the game or so.  Generally have MSG, plus the opponents TV feed and maybe one more.
Links are divided into roughly quarters.  Nice if you missed part of a game or want to see a replay of a sequence/possession.

This is my main Live streaming source:
http://w5.sportstreamings.com/basketball.aspx

This one has some pop-up crap now and then, but usually has over a dozen links to every game.
https://www.usagoals.net/b/basketball.html
So you can get some feed to work, though it sometimes it can be hard to find MSG and my Portuguese no es bueno (read: non-existent).

I ditched my Slingbox about 2+ years ago.
Without commercial breaks you can watch a replay in 1 hour.  Or just the 2nd half in a little over 30 mins.
SOmetimes it takes me most of a day, with 10-15 bites here and there, to watch a whole game, but I try to avoid such a disjointed approach.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:41:12 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: April 17, 2021, 02:47:00 AM »

Cauley-Stein and Boban rarely play.
I think WCS contracted CV late March.
Not sure on Boban.  He's a tough matchup in limited minutes.
WCS a mobile Big.  Could cover Randle some.
Should be useful cogs.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Five In A Row [WHEN YOU GET THEM DOWN, STOMP ON THEM]
« Reply #18217 on: April 17, 2021, 07:46:54 AM »

Great Game. 

Dallas was tough. 

We were TOUGHER.  You don't STOP Doncic, I mean he had 19 assists for fuck's sake, but all in all a quiet 22 points.  Likewise KP with 22 & 12, but seemed oddly unimpactful. 

PS: Remember Knicks fans, we signed JULIUS with the cap space we salted away by trading KP, Timmy and Courtney for expirng contracts.  And, AND, we converted Dennis Smith into Derrick Rose.  Oh, that cap space begat Marcus Morris which begat the draft pick which netted us Quickley [and the #32 pick in this year's draft], and then there is Dallas' #1 this year, so, Randle-Rose-Quickley-Dallas #1 pick-Detroit #2 pick-remaining cap space, so a pretty fair return for an ego tripping Latvian, and not the apocalyptic narrative some people continue to promulgate [hinthinthint]. 

Someone referred to this as the JULIUS RANDLE REVENGE TOUR.

Stomped on the Lakers and Pelicans with 30 + games, than saved his signature offensive game of the season for his hometown of Dallas.  44-10-7.  WOW. 

No Burks?  Thibs has RJ play 46 minutes, going off for 24-8-2.

And Payton & Rose combined for 21-8-11.

PS: Bonus.  Frank comes in for a cameo and calmly drains a corner three. 

PPS: Lots of splendid defensive moments--Noel's block was a fucking game changer.  Only had 9 turnovers but it seemed like more.  An area for improvement.   

Oh, Heat LOST.  Pacers LOST. Hornets LOST.  Knicks are now 30-27 [roll that around on your tongue], 9.5 games behind the first place Sixers, and 1/2 game behind the 30-26 Celtics and 30-26 Hawks.  We need to geld the Pelicans on Sunday, who will have Lonzo this time out...keep it going, or as Gordie Howe famously said, "When you get them down, STOMP ON THEM." 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:08:04 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwhile
« Reply #18218 on: April 17, 2021, 08:16:45 AM »

Celtics to waive Moritz Wagner to open spot for Jabari Parker

Shams Charania: The Celtics are waiving Moe Wagner to create roster space for Jabari Parker, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium . Wagner has averaged nearly six points and three rebounds this season, and was productive in his starts in Washington prior to being traded.

Parker — the former No. 2 overall pick — has agreed to a two-year deal with the Celtics, sources said. Parker, a career 14.8 points per game scorer, gives Boston some depth in frontcourt. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

bodiddley

• View Profile
Small world afterall
« Reply #18219 on: April 17, 2021, 09:31:30 AM »

We still got a crappy direct return for trading a serious asset.
Yes, we did well with the cap space, but could have had that form other deals most likely and a useful player or  two or draft pick.

Last I saw, Jabari was pretty immobile on defense.  He tore his ACL in 2014 and again in 2017 in the same knee.  Jabari is a Mormon and a smart dude.  His mother is from Tonga and Jabari's grandfather was converted to Mormonism by a missionary, leading to the family moving to Utah.  A few of his Tongan relatives have played int he NFL.  Bad luck with his knee.  Surprised he got a 2 year deal from BOS (was given up on by both ATl and SAC), but maybe limited guarantee on Y2.

Mo Vag has game.  Wonder what's holding him back.
Conditioning?  Motivation?  Maturity?  No idea, but he has skills.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: April 17, 2021, 10:14:25 AM »

Julius looks so tired

And sure to pop that ACL soon

Have a great Saturday, all.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: April 17, 2021, 10:59:04 AM »

With fatigue and overuse, the risk of injury increases.  Doesn't mean an injury will happen but the risk of injury certainly increases.  Any injury, not just ACL.  But these are the dopey games kid plays.  Of course kiid is stuck on it was cold the other day so global warming is a hoax type thinking.

And again, even without injury we could get the Harden Syndrome, wherein a terrific regular season is squandered when your best player is worn down for the playoffs.  Again, I don't guarantee that will be the outcome, but the risks of that or of  injury are elevated v. having a more rested Randle.  I think Rose averaged 37 mins per game for Thibs and then blew out his ACL late in G1 of the playoffs.  Killed that Bulls run.  Past decade plus most teams try to keep their stars fresh and healthy, with shorter minutes and/or games off for rest.  I'll vote for a healthy rested Randle with a lower injury risk and development of ObiT over a couple extra grind it out Wins.  Maybe Thibs anticipates finishing Top 6 and rest can be had by avoiding the playoff play-in.  Maybe Thibs is playing chess to my chinese checkers ...

Randle has compensated for the overwork, by being less active on D, often changing ends slowly and most notably driving less.  Look at the play of Randle early on the season and now.  He's become much more of a jump shooter post-AS break.  He was active on O and driving and playing hard in the 4Q crunch time v DAl, but that was mostly an exception to his last 20 games.

I think it's good that Randle has adjusted and found ways to rest some in game.
Lots of big offenders do that as defenders.  I also see Randle making a lot more mental mistakes the 2nd half of the season, which is likely attributable to tiredness.
Example near end of the half in OKC, Randle shot a top of the key J, his man Adams released, and Julius oddly wandered forward sort of towards the rebound where 2 Thunderers had Gibson blocked out.   Randle had no chance of getting the rebound and didn't even try to hunt it down, but just spaced out it seemed.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: April 17, 2021, 12:01:27 PM »

Nice grab by Celts - JABARI PARKER
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Directly From My Heart To You
« Reply #18223 on: April 17, 2021, 12:43:05 PM »

We still got a crappy direct return for trading a serious asset.
Yes, we did well with the cap space, but could have had that form other deals most likely and a useful player or  two or draft pick.

Last I saw, Jabari was pretty immobile on defense.  He tore his ACL in 2014 and again in 2017 in the same knee.  Jabari is a Mormon and a smart dude.  His mother is from Tonga and Jabari's grandfather was converted to Mormonism by a missionary, leading to the family moving to Utah.  A few of his Tongan relatives have played int he NFL.  Bad luck with his knee.  Surprised he got a 2 year deal from BOS (was given up on by both ATl and SAC), but maybe limited guarantee on Y2.

Mo Vag has game.  Wonder what's holding him back.
Conditioning?  Motivation?  Maturity?  No idea, but he has skills.

Little Richard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06YqWV-W-Lw

Ah

Aparently only...

DIRECT Returns

Count

A subtle distinction, no doubt. 

Julius Randle-Derrick Rose-Immaneul Quickley not direct enough for you?

We converted one set of assets into another, all solid contributors, and one ALL-STAR, are now playing above .500 and in playoff contention, a meaningful #1 and #2 pick on the docket, and one on the way in 2023.

But BoD proclaims it a bad deal. 

Knock yourself out, homie. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:45:52 PM by chipstern »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: April 17, 2021, 04:11:27 PM »

And again, even without injury we could get the Harden Syndrome, wherein a terrific regular season is squandered when your best player is worn down for the playoffs. 

lol, lol, wtf....
When did this happen? Did you watch and what.

*** big time choke artist tho...for sure, never seen an all-star give up in the clutch like JH! Cojones like green peas.

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 1848