Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914584 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18255 on: April 19, 2021, 10:37:48 AM »

Knicks doing a nice job avoiding the play-in games.

Face Milwaukee in a  6 v 3 matchup if season ended today.

Most would expect the Heat to take our spot but if we get the 7 at least we get a home play-in game (where we are 18-10) followed by another home play in should we lose the first one.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: April 19, 2021, 12:28:00 PM »

Yeah, I was going to say that there was nothing that got KZ mad.  But then there was the minor kerfluffle with KZ (Hark pushed KZ in the back as he was getting an entry pass, foul called, Hark started talking, put his face close to KZ's chin, KZ pushed him back, double techs).  Then the next few plays Hark manhandled KZ twice without getting called for fouls (both looked like fouls to me).

No idea what was said, but I thought it was smart of Hark, since DAL was down by about 17 and needed a kick in the pants.  And instead of igniting KZ, it did propel DAL back into contention.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: April 19, 2021, 02:02:28 PM »

Lotta stars missing games.
UTah - Mitchell/Gobert/Conley v. Lakes missing LeBJ & AD

MIA missing Bulter v. Nets missing Harden and KD lasted 1Q before gimping away.
Kind of dispiriting.

The UTA-LAL game came down to a Schroder v. Clarkson duel in the 4Q.

Up 4 with 2 mins left, Kyrie proceeded to miss 3 straight shots, leading to Bam making a buzzer beater for the W.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:28:45 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: April 19, 2021, 04:14:16 PM »

Still the best player in the league, if not Harden.

Julius just may be most valuable for this season.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: April 19, 2021, 06:02:49 PM »

Looking like Mike James to the Nyets, perhaps by Thursday.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Schedule Watch
« Reply #18260 on: April 19, 2021, 07:08:55 PM »

Chicago @ Boston
Houston @ Miami

Longshot chance for our playoff position to improve tonight, but looks like the opposite is more likely.

Tomorrow we get Charlotte and then Atlanta the day after on a home B2B.   
Atlanta game is huge and they won't be any more rested as they play Orlando right before us.

Simple for Knicks:  Just keep winning... don't look past the hornets.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: April 19, 2021, 08:10:20 PM »

Charlotte played V Carey one game

Went for 21-6

2 quick fouls next outing.

Could see anyone from that roster.

chipstern

• View Profile
Destiny
« Reply #18262 on: April 19, 2021, 08:31:21 PM »

Chicago @ Boston
Houston @ Miami

Longshot chance for our playoff position to improve tonight, but looks like the opposite is more likely.

Tomorrow we get Charlotte and then Atlanta the day after on a home B2B.   
Atlanta game is huge and they won't be any more rested as they play Orlando right before us.

Simple for Knicks:  Just keep winning... don't look past the hornets.

WORD

Our Destiny Is In Our Hands

The Pelicans on Sunday?

Our game to LOSE. 

Knicks teams of the past twenty years? 

We lose that game EVERY TIME. 

Grit.

No quit. 

I want us to earn the 4-though-6 spot. 

But tell you what, no matter how it plays out, I could not be prouder of these cats. 

I could not be prouder of JULIUS. 

Had his customary 4 turnovers, and only hit 2-8 from trey, 11-28 total, but when he did hit, it MEANT SOMETHING. 

Hit 9-10 FTs.  Had 10 assists.  TEN FUCKING ASSISTS.  And 5 steals.  Oh, and 33 points.  In 47 minutes. 

And DERRICK.  If that wasn't the D-Rose of 22, well, Derrick at 32 in 35 minutes had probably his best game as a Knick, and I have not had a feeling of secuirty looking at our PG on the floor since Jason Kidd's one and done during our last winning season. 

And I mean, get well soon, Mitchell, but the Nerlin-Taj combo?  WINNING HOOPS: A combined 18 points, 22 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 blocks and a steal. 

We lost to the Nets and Celtics by a single hoop. 

Then we bounce back with an overtime victory over the Grizz.  And the win over the Lakers was really a turning point. 

If we can stay healthy, particularly ROSE, we can hang with anyone. 

THIBS has the team hitting on all cylinders, and even when the fruit ain't falling, 95% of the time our D keeps us in the mix. 

The Hornets and the Hawks.  Probably the most meaningful games of the season.  They have WHAT WE WANT.  The Hawks in particular are a really really tough matchup, and even without Ball and Hayward, the Hornets have some real winning players such as Rozier and Bridges and are  dangerous as a MF. 

Knowing that there is no quit in THIBS's Knicks, I'll live with what happens, no matter the outcome.  Nothing is written in stone, but for the first time, seemingly since man first walked erect, we are playing meaningful games in April. 

I'm surely selfish enough to want...MORE. 

But seeing as how I was deemed bold for calling them 33-39, and they are now 31-27 with 14 games to go...could we shoot for 38-34?  40-32? 

Stay tuned. 

Go Knicks. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:51:06 PM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny
« Reply #18263 on: April 19, 2021, 10:08:53 PM »

I'm surely selfish enough to want...MORE. 

But seeing as how I was deemed bold for calling them 33-39, and they are now 31-27 with 14 games to go...could we shoot for 38-34?  40-32? 

Stay tuned. 

Go Knicks.

I confess again to not being a TPP, but I also want MORE.

And Boston (minus Kemba and Smart) lost the the Bulls minus Zac.

We really need to beat Charlotte and Atlanta, and #4 is OURS.

Haven't been so excited about the fucking KNICKS for a very looooooooong time!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:53:16 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: April 19, 2021, 10:22:13 PM »

Just saw Curry (and the Warriors) beat the 76ers.

You can see exactly why Dallas is shitting bricks about the new playoffs.

NO ONE wants to play Golden State in a one-game series.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: April 20, 2021, 12:08:49 AM »

Fuck Dallas 💩
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: April 20, 2021, 03:14:26 AM »

Had his customary 4 turnovers, and only hit 2-8 from trey, 11-28 total, but when he did hit, it MEANT SOMETHING.

Hit 9-10 FTs.  Had 10 assists.  TEN FUCKING ASSISTS.  And 5 steals.  Oh, and 33 points.  In 47 minutes.

Yep, terrific off-shooting game for Randle.
Exactly what you want to do when your shot is a little off.
Get to the FT line a ton, compromise the D and pass off for profit.
And when your shot starts falling, milk the streak/matchup (with Zion).
When Randle got going, he was killing it for a while, getting the Knix in front.
I was surprised when I saw in the box that Randle was 2-8 on 3's, because he was so good in that midrange stretch.

You can see that the Pels really need some vet leadership.
Zion, Ball, Ingram, Jax Hayes, Kira Rook aren't leaders.
Closest they have is Steven Adams who is Mr. Tough Guy but not vocal.
Bledsoe probably their closest approximation, but he's a 31 year old journeyman , rather average PG with frequent health issues.  Mistake-prone.

So either import a hard-nosed vet or Ingram/Zion need to take over.  Really Ingram or Ball should dominate for now, with Zion groomed for later.  But this garbage of catering to Zion by letting him handle the ball beyond the 3-point line is garbage that is going to make Zion just more entitled and doesn't benefit the team.  Maybe you have talent but you still have to earn it.  SVG catering to Zion's desires doesn't bode well for the future. 

In the Knix game, I couldn't figure out how they were trying to use Ball or Ingram.  Couldn't discern what their roles were.  Zion's role was absurd.  Zion beyond the 3-point line is a boon to the opponents.

Kyrie might make my Top 20.
#1 in terms of showing up when he feels like it.
Steals about $400K every time he takes a personal day.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
A rose by any other position ...
« Reply #18267 on: April 20, 2021, 03:31:52 AM »

Derrick Rose leading all Rookies in PER:
http://www.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/rookies

Derrick Rose 9th among Power Forwards in PER (just ahead of Julius Randle)
http://www.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pf

D Rose just 22nd in PER among PG's:
http://www.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg

Derrick Rose a multi-positional, multi-generational threat!

Edit: that ESPN rookie list is a mess, with RJB and Blake Griffin on it!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:56:34 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile

Really Ingram or Ball should dominate for now, with Zion groomed for later. But this garbage of catering to Zion by letting him handle the ball beyond the 3-point line is garbage that is going to make Zion just more entitled and doesn't benefit the team.  Maybe you have talent but you still have to earn it.  SVG catering to Zion's desires doesn't bode well for the future. 

Kyrie might make my Top 20.
#1 in terms of showing up when he feels like it.
Steals about $400K every time he takes a personal day.

Nobody hates those entitled darkies like Bo hates those entitled darkies!! His panties get B U N C H E D lol, lol, lol....

The experiment of playing Zion Williamson at point guard has been all reward and no risk for the New Orleans Pelicans. Until recently the strategy was used only sporadically but with Lonzo Ball and Nickeil Alexander-Walker unavailable for the past several games Stan Van Gundy decided to give Williamson free reign of the offense against the Philadelphia 76ers. The result was a game-changing, victory-sealing 37 points, 15 rebounds, and 8 assists from Williamson. After Williamson’s performances against the Cleveland Cavaliers and Sacramento Kings the Pelicans should continue the experiment regardless of who is available to play. The 28 shots and 15 rebounds against the 76ers were both career highs for Williamson. It was the second game in a row that Williamson posted six or more assists. He has scored 30 or more points in the last three games and five of the past seven. It should also be noted Brandon Ingram has 61 points on 52% shooting in the past two games.Williamson as the lead ball-handler allows him to develop his game further while leading a nearly unstoppable offense. Williamson with the ball at the top of the key keeps the ball moving as well as any other guard on the roster. He is a willing passer, just look at the very first play in Cleveland. As the defense collapses on his drive, Williamson finds the perfect pass to the corner. Should that shot not fall, Williamson is in a great position to grab a rebound or seal a defender for an entry pass. In the past three games the Pelicans are in the top ten for field goal shooting percentage, offensive rebounds, and first in total rebounds.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 11:40:44 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Chill Dawg
« Reply #18269 on: April 20, 2021, 12:43:18 PM »

One toke over the line, dude. 

Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1848