Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915129 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Wow
« Reply #19290 on: June 21, 2021, 06:01:21 PM »

My thought was to run Simmons at center with Randle, Barrett and two guys who could legit play PG. Simmons is bigger than Taj or Noel and has enough force to fit. Handle, scoring, and passing more than make up for any fall off in rim protection which Simmons has to provide if that becomes his focus. If he had gotten switched on Young that would have been fine, but I mainly would have wanted him on Capella.

A center?

Yikes.

A Small Forward.

Yes.

A center?

In what alternative universe.

Noel was outmanned  by Capella. 

Simmons?

Expletive deleted.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19291 on: June 21, 2021, 06:40:28 PM »

Kid- Last week, you had the Celts shopping Jaylen and thought Simmons was a good value.

We disagreed.

Where are you today

I like the swap for the Celtics.

I also wouldnt mind Simmons here in NY.

If you feel Boston can get it done with JB and JT, thats fine - I wont argue.  My view is more of a "don't give up on Ben just yet" thing.  As you know I feel Rivers is awful and this series was no different.  I think if I am coaching Simmons I am using him differently offensively.  Same as with L Ball.  Time will tell - we will see if their new coaches agree.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19292 on: June 21, 2021, 06:46:56 PM »

The NBA has to be pretty pissed off that it didn't get a PHI-Bklyn conference final as it would have killed in the ratings.

Now? Bucks-Hawks?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

Should be excellent.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19293 on: June 21, 2021, 07:47:34 PM »

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

FWK00

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19295 on: June 21, 2021, 09:22:52 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19296 on: June 21, 2021, 10:21:55 PM »

Kid- Last week, you had the Celts shopping Jaylen and thought Simmons was a good value.

We disagreed.

Where are you today

I like the swap for the Celtics.

I also wouldnt mind Simmons here in NY.

If you feel Boston can get it done with JB and JT, thats fine - I wont argue. 

My view is more of a "don't give up on Ben just yet" thing.  As you know I feel Rivers is awful and this series was no different.  I think if I am coaching Simmons I am using him differently offensively.  Same as with L Ball.  Time will tell - we will see if their new coaches agree.

I think JnJ are a pretty good duo to build a future on and contend for a title. But you changed the debate.

You wanted to trade Simmons straight up for Brown. And you can feel that way, and I will continue to disagree,
But given the fact that Simmons devalued himself with his recent performance, and many are calling for Philly to trade him, as his inability to shoot is puzzling, and he hasn't gotten better in 4 years, while Brown has shown steady improvement and may turn into a stud, wouldn't that give you pause to re-evaluate Brown for Simmons as a huge overpay for the Celts?

Its fucking straight out insane.

And no one is saying "give up on Ben" I said earlier today, "shrink's couch and shooting coach" and try to fix his head and confidence and not sell for 50 cents on the dollar.

And in a fantasy world I could see a defensive oriented passer playing along side the JnJ, and orchestrate the offense, if not for the fact I'm not sure Philly would want Simmons in the same division. Just in case.

Now if you wouldn't mind seeing him on the Knicks, what would be fair value for Simmons for the Knicks to give up, using Jaylen as a fair value proxy?   
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 10:24:55 PM by bankshot1 »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Responding for Chamaco 😜
« Reply #19297 on: June 21, 2021, 11:29:33 PM »

Now if you wouldn't mind seeing him on the Knicks, what would be fair value for Simmons for the Knicks to give up, using Jaylen as a fair value proxy?   

Kevin Knox 😊

heh

- Chamaco’s Patriotism is for the white race only. -
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 12:10:02 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19298 on: June 22, 2021, 12:58:30 AM »

https://knicksmecca.blogspot.com/2021/06/a-surprising-disappointing-season.html

Good take. I’d like the inside track guys back. Camaraderie and continuity are not to be sneezed at if the dollars involved the aren’t too outrageous.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Trader Sick
« Reply #19299 on: June 22, 2021, 02:08:12 AM »

Why in the name of all that is holy would the Celtics trade Jaylen Brown. 

He is a foundational piece, who has gotten significantly better every year.   And is a high character young man. 

Brown for Simmons? 

MORONIC. 

Knicks trading for BEN. 

Quantum Physics Levels Of DUMB.  It's a cliche to diss his skill set.  But we don't need a taller Elfrid Payton.  He has not gotten better.  Whereas someone like Lonzo Ball has demonstrably improved his FT shooting, though he does not get to the line enough, and his three point shooting.  One can make a case for a growth curve. 

Ben?

Does not exactly evoke images of Kobe Bryant and Jerry Rice, whose confidence was grounded not only in immense talent, but a ferocious, terrifying commitment to sustaining and advancing their technical and spiritual command. 

Simmons getting a lot of blame. 

Doc didn't exactly cover himself in glory. 

Sixers could sure use a point guard. 

Kyle Lowry seems custom made.  Then shift Ben to small forward. 

Don't see how Lowry becomes a Sixer, given his desire for one BIG final contract, and Philly's utter lack of cap space. 

Lot of speculation about Knicks pursuing big ticket items. 

I don't see it. 

Received wisdom also holds that they will not add three rookies to their roster, as in 19,21,32.

Why NOT? 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19300 on: June 22, 2021, 04:14:33 AM »

We could facilitate a Lowery trade, sending Toronto 21, 56, and Knox. Toronto S&Ts Lowery to Philly. Philly sends Ben and Shake Milton to us plus some additional sweeteners to Toronto.

Toronto advances it’s rebuild. Philly breaks up the bad Embid-Simmons pairing and gets their hero and probably saves themselves some money.

Before free agency we’d have:

Mitch Pelle
Randle Toppin
Simmons
Barrett Quickley
Milton Viladosa

Pick 19
Pick 32

Having spent 76 mil this year with extensions possible for Mitch and Randle. If we hold out on those extensions, we’d have about 40 mil to go after a guy like Lonzo or Norm or Oubre and the get back some of this years high contributing vets, or try for Klaw or CP3. I prefer pursuing the 20 mil guys, like the three mentioned earlier than the max guys with much less tread left on them.

I pick Trey Murphy III or Jeremiah Robinson Earl if not both.

I wouldn’t reject skipping the wandering eyes to use the remaining cash and exceptions to retain Taj, Bullock, Burks, and Rose for the next couple of years

Mitch Taj Pelle
Randle Obi JRE
Simmons Bullock Murphy III
Barrett Burks Quickley
Rose Milton Viladosa

That’s a hell of a war band under Thibs. Future assets would all be intact.

Simmons is young enough and skilled enough that his shooting can be brought along which will open up his game.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 04:31:31 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19301 on: June 22, 2021, 11:58:14 AM »

Facil

You seem to be intent on committing 35-40 million through 2025 on a roll of the dice.

That is franchise player money.

Simmons has certain top tier physical attributes.

But mentally?  And in five years he has not demanded coverage on the most rudimentary catch and shoot, let alone treys.

If he is a poor match for Embid, how does he project with Randle.  You deride Young as a chickenshit.   But are willing to go all in on a pussywillow.

Sorry dude but this strikes me as Bargnani 2.1

chipstern

• View Profile
Small Forward For The Knicks
« Reply #19302 on: June 22, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »

Bullock has not demonstrated that he can create his own shot, but he is often lethal on the catch and shoot.  And an excellent defender.

Simmons bigger and an excellent defender but does not command coverage.

As Dawg pointed out, Randle would be looking at a tsunami of doubles and triples.

Simmons might project as a small forward, but it takes more than length and athleticism.  YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO GET OFFENSIVE PRODUCTION OUT OF YOUR 3.  You gonna team Julius with Mitchell AND Ben?

Prototypical modern 3&Ds?

DeAndre Hunter gave Julius fits.

And Mikal Bridges is giving the Suns yeoman minutes.

Both are savage defenders who can put the ball on the floor [AND] drain the three. 

On a team that is short on shooting. You project going all in on the league's preeminent nonshooter

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19303 on: June 22, 2021, 01:33:16 PM »

Ben makes some sense as as small-ball Center for a team like Minnesota or Portland or Golden State.    Teams with perimeter shooting already.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19304 on: June 22, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »

From 3

Randle > .400
Barrett > .400
And if we get them back
Bullock > .400
Burks > .400
Rose > .400

Quickley & Obi are coming along in that department.

We can do the smallball center thing which would give Ben the biggest advantage. We have the shooters.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1848