Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943102 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19515 on: July 20, 2021, 01:10:29 PM »

For our Boston brethren:

The Celtics kind of kicked off the off-season moves by ditching Kemba Walker in a trade that netted them Moses Brown and Al Horford from the Thunder (and trading away their first round pick in the process). Because they underachieved this season and the front office game of musical chairs that has happened since the offseason began, there has been talk that they need to trade Jaylen Brown as well. However, that would be a mistake. The Celtics have a scary good, young duo in Brown and Jayson Tatum, and Marcus Smart is an absolute nuisance on the defensive end who routinely gets in the heads of his opponents. That is not a bad start to a dangerous team. However, the problem with this team that hurts them is that Tatum is asked to do entirely too much. He had four games of 40+ points last season, including a 60 point outburst in a win against San Antonio. However, he doesn’t get enough easy looks and often times Celtics possessions amount to Tatum or Brown simply looking to break their man down and score on their own. Kemba was supposed to take some of that pressure off, but was never truly able to be the difference maker for Boston. Now Boston is in a situation where it’s difficult to fix that glaring roster need. Smart is capable of playing the point guard position, but he’s not able to play it the way Boston needs somebody to play it: as a pass-first guard that looks to get teammates the ball in position to get easy scores. As long as the Celtics have to manufacture their points by running “give the ball to Tatum/Brown and get out of the way” they are going to struggle in the post season. Unfortunately, being over the salary cap and not having a first round pick, it’s going to be tough for the Celtics to remedy the issues on their roster. They still have enough talent to be good, but with the Bucks, Nets, and even the Sixers in the conference, it could be an uphill battle for the Celtics and their young talent to capitalize on their potential. Unless their new coach, Ime Udoka, can scheme easy looks for them, the Celtics may have a cap on just how good they can be right now.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19516 on: July 20, 2021, 01:33:57 PM »

Nothing new or shocking in that. Celts need a PG or a wing who can pass/playmake and they needed one last year. Once Kemba went down they were sort of cooked. There was no flow and the offense got stagnant. IMO Prichard is not the guy to run the team. Its possible that Langford could be. Celts are still a pretty young team, with some very good young players. I'll tell you when I get long-term worried, and that includes competing with the Bucks, Nets or 76ers. Celts aren't that far away.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19517 on: July 20, 2021, 03:39:04 PM »

Right.

But you are supposed to have the rest of the conference looking up at you by now, judging where you were 18 months ago, no?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: July 20, 2021, 04:42:41 PM »

Right.

But you are supposed to have the rest of the conference looking up at you by now, judging where you were 18 months ago, no?

a lot of shit happened in 18 months. none of it good.

As we saw this year a lot of the league leading teams in the bubble had a very difficult time repeating their relative success this year.
And I posted early this year I thought covid exhaustion and a lack of downtime and prep time from the '19='20 season to this season would have a large impact on the '19-'20 bubble teams. And it seemed to play out that way.

As for the Celts they played in the post-season this year basically without 3 of their starters, Brown and very banged up Kemba, and Time Lord and reliant on a lot of untested young players and bowed out against the Durant/KI/Harden and lost to the Nets in 5. I think the Celts were mentally wiped out and checked out.

As posted too many times about everything that could go wrong did go wrong for the Celts. I do not easily remember so much bad luck hit a team so consistently from start to finish. It was never ending.

And my real take away was there was a lack of veteran leadership to lead a young and exhausted and confused team to focus.

I heavily discount results from this year.

Next year I hope to see a more mature and tested team.

chipstern

• View Profile
Sound Familiar?
« Reply #19519 on: July 20, 2021, 04:46:19 PM »

chipstern

• View Profile
I Bigger Moron Than Kiid?
« Reply #19520 on: July 20, 2021, 05:02:44 PM »

Turds Of A Feather

Kiid

&

Stephen A. Smith

While strumming on his old banjo, this self inflated minstrel basically advocated trading RJ, IQ, Obi, the #19, 21, 32, 58 picks and [AND] the Dallas 2023 #1 pick for the exalted Dame. 

JULY 29 cannot come a day too soon, so we no longer need to ingest such balderdash from experts talking out their asses. 

PS: There is NO WAY Corey Kisspert drops to #19.

chipstern

• View Profile
Rachel Robinson [July 19, 1922]: A Grand Lady
« Reply #19521 on: July 20, 2021, 07:03:17 PM »

Gabby Hayes & Rachel Robinson At A Dodgers Game

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19522 on: July 20, 2021, 08:18:37 PM »

Knox, Obi, one pick this year, and one in the future for Sexton is where I’d put NY’s current offer. I don’t want to cater to a Dame or Paul or Lowry. Ball and/or Jackson, or someone similar is worth pursuing.

This isn’t a great free agent class to find your second star, but as a class to find compliments to a core like Mitch Randle Barrett Sexton along with young roster fillers and journeymen holdovers like we have it’s not a bad way to spend money.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Sound Familiar?
« Reply #19523 on: July 20, 2021, 08:20:02 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19524 on: July 20, 2021, 08:52:01 PM »

Knox, Obi, one pick this year, and one in the future for Sexton is where I’d put NY’s current offer.

Not signing for that

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19525 on: July 20, 2021, 08:52:45 PM »

You are foolishly dealing the son of a Rucker legend

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19526 on: July 20, 2021, 09:27:33 PM »

Knox, Obi, one pick this year, and one in the future for Sexton is where I’d put NY’s current offer. I don’t want to cater to a Dame or Paul or Lowry. Ball and/or Jackson, or someone similar is worth pursuing.

This isn’t a great free agent class to find your second star, but as a class to find compliments to a core like Mitch Randle Barrett Sexton along with young roster fillers and journeymen holdovers like we have it’s not a bad way to spend money.

For Sexton?

FUCK SEXTON. 

Save the money, draft young talent, squirrel away cap space money for 2022 free agents. 

Like Bradley Beal.  Zach Levine. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19527 on: July 20, 2021, 10:55:57 PM »

You are foolishly dealing the son of a Rucker legend

Who can get 15 mins max next year. There are a lot of 15 minute PFs available in FA who’ll come for less than we owe Obi who’ll be just as if not more effective in the role, just as there are guys available to cheaply and reliably replace Knox.

How many 22year old 24 point scorer speed merchant workaholics are available in deals that still let us use the bulk of our cap space and draft assets this season to improve the team AFTER we acquire them? Without costing key core producers under contract?

I think it’s just the one.

What were Beal and Lavine accomplishing at 22? What were their reputations like?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 10:58:14 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: July 20, 2021, 11:03:03 PM »

Save the money, draft young talent, squirrel away cap space money for 2022 free agents.

As the kids say - EPIC FAIL

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: July 20, 2021, 11:49:17 PM »

That was a epic performance by Giannis.

He joins Achilles, Hercules, and Jason in the Greek pantheon

The guy would not let that team lose.

Congrats to the Bucks
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 1850