Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 907555 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Leon Rose
« Reply #19740 on: August 01, 2021, 10:42:52 AM »

Talk about a motherfucker who in no way shape or form will tip his hand. 

Confounding on a certain level. 

Refreshing on another. 

Most of what I read in the way of conjecture in the media [such as Marc Berman's ENDLESS projections about cap space for Chris Paul] and blogosphere fantasy camp about Lillard and Beal [the latter looking to be a lock to remain on the Wizards, what with Coach Unseld Junior coming on board, his good friend Pope joining the team, the drafting of Kispert, an infusion of talent in Kuzma and Harrell--stay tuned for possible deals, here--and a core of young talent in Thomas Bryant, Davis Bertans, Rui Hachimura and Deni Avdija.

Wizards a team to follow, surely.  Should be fun.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19741 on: August 01, 2021, 12:05:45 PM »

Most of these would make more sense if we hadn't drafted ObiT.

Heh

Good to have you back, Bo.

Here's the thing. Forget about we don't need ____ because we have Obi & Randle, or we don't need THT because we already have ______.

The next time, or some upcoming time, a disgruntled Harden/Davis/(Lillard)/(whoever) comes up we are very likely to be a player. That plus an A List free agent is clearly THE PLAN. That's how we get our A1 Dog, since it is not Randle and it is pretty damn unlikely to come about through the draft.

We are going to give up that big basket of preserved picks. That's why we have it.

We are going to give up some serious talent. Randle might even be in that package.

You want to have as much leftover in the closet as possible for when that moment arrives.

So you keep stocking up. In the meantime, competition is good for everybody.

*** I would love to include Zach Collins in that stocking up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 02:53:33 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19742 on: August 01, 2021, 02:06:23 PM »

Randle certainly capable of being part of a BIG THREE.

RJ not there yet.

So, we seek the SECOND piece.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19743 on: August 01, 2021, 02:27:03 PM »

a pretty strong big three in fact...

...but he ain't lead dog in a finals contending trio, no way no how, so we gonna try and grab one for sure if the opportunity arises and be willing to part ways if necessity necessitates.

**** think I'm calling back my Zach Collins, I checked on his health per Bo — just had ANOTHER surgical revision on his stress fracture three weeks ago, real bad stuff for a big man, would still throw the minimum but no more..
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 04:14:52 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19744 on: August 01, 2021, 04:31:18 PM »

I'd expect that a PF such as Zach Collins, likely signing on to a make-good one year deal to get his career back on track, would look at the NYK roster with Randle & ObiT in place and figure minutes would be hard to come by.  And go elsewhere where PF minutes are available.  While Knix would have to question whether a 3rd-string PF was a good use of cap space.

Otoh, Batum, Porter, Duncan Rob, Oubre or another SF could see an opportunity to start or get good minutes as a backup Knick.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19745 on: August 01, 2021, 06:42:39 PM »

Malik Monk is of no further use to Charlotte and hits the unrestricted free agent market.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19746 on: August 01, 2021, 07:05:03 PM »

I'd expect that a PF such as Zach Collins, likely signing on to a make-good one year deal to get his career back on track, would look at the NYK roster with Randle & ObiT in place and figure minutes would be hard to come by.  And go elsewhere where PF minutes are available.  While Knix would have to question whether a 3rd-string PF was a good use of cap space.

Otoh, Batum, Porter, Duncan Rob, Oubre or another SF could see an opportunity to start or get good minutes as a backup Knick.

My own targets?  Assuming Ball ain't on the radar?

DeMar DeRozan
Cameron Payne
Reggie Jackson
Kelly Olynk 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 07:57:28 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
The Other Shoe Drops
« Reply #19747 on: August 01, 2021, 07:05:32 PM »

Marc Berman: Frank Ntilikina, longest-tenured Knicks, going to be an unrestricted free agent. Knicks didn’t submit a qualifying offer at 5 pm deadline, taking off restricted tag. Could still re-sign him. – via Twitter NYPost_Berman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19748 on: August 01, 2021, 07:28:15 PM »

Farewell, Frank.

McBuckets, Ariza, and Nader from Phoenix are guys I’m looking at among the UFAs who played elsewhere last year
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19749 on: August 01, 2021, 07:55:45 PM »

Malik Monk is of no further use to Charlotte and hits the unrestricted free agent market.

That's a thought. 

But we just got Quentin Grimes.  Prefer to go with the new kid on the block.  Bigger.  Stronger.  Healthier.  FRESHER.   
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 08:00:56 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19750 on: August 01, 2021, 07:56:58 PM »

Farewell, Frank.

McBuckets, Ariza, and Nader from Phoenix are guys I’m looking at among the UFAs who played elsewhere last year

Not so sure that Frank is history. 

At 8.36 million for a qualifying offer? 

No way Jose. 

For considerably less? 

We shall see. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 07:59:50 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19751 on: August 01, 2021, 09:27:45 PM »

That's a thought. 

But we just got Quentin Grimes.  Prefer to go with the new kid on the block.  Bigger.  Stronger.  Healthier.  FRESHER.   

I hope there’s nowhere for Monk on the Knicks. Is Charlotte done trimming their backcourt?

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19752 on: August 01, 2021, 09:48:06 PM »

The play is to re-up Rose while Chicago wrestles w New Orleans over Ball. If we get that done, I think everything else will fall into place.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19753 on: August 02, 2021, 12:26:54 AM »

Elfrid drops CAA.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19754 on: August 02, 2021, 02:17:24 AM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2946639-br-staff-makes-2021-nba-free-agency-and-trade-market-predictions

“ Prediction: Fournier to the Knicks on a three-year, $55 million contract. That's too rich for Boston's blood and why it made a trade with the Dallas Mavericks to pick up Josh Richardson (for Moses Brown) on Saturday.

—Pincus”

He also had Klaw opting in, so…

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 1847