Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 1853

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1081155 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19935 on: August 09, 2021, 09:34:51 AM »

FUN TO WATCH THIS SUMMER LEAGUE... here's hoping our PG candidates gets to play more PG as games continue...IQ monopolized the point and looked pretty awful at it — makes it harder to assess our off ball players when he's the rock distributor. No need to watch Quick launch 35 footers...not what we're here for.

*** BIG NO TO OBI OUTGOING IN A TURNER TRADE, BIG NO
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 12:21:18 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19936 on: August 09, 2021, 11:00:16 AM »

France-Slovenia was the game of the tourney.
After a quiet 1st half of mostly passing, Fournier shot pretty well in the 2nd half.  But De Colo was the main scorer.  I liked early 4Q, Slovenia cut a 10 point lead down to 1 and Fournier rattled off 5 straight points (the first was an extremely wide open 3).  At times, Fournier's stroke looks gorgeous.

France up 5 with under a minute left, a Slovenian blows by Fournier who fouls.
After FT's, a 4 point French lead, Fournier gets it across halfcourt and dribbles in place to use clock, then with 15 on the shot clock, he just barrels through a Slovenian, pushing off to make the offensive foul extremely clear.  Just a hugely boneheaded play.  Slovenia hits a 3 and suddenly it's a one point lead.  And that was Fournier's 5th foul to boot, so he's booted.  France's leading scorer takes himself out of the game and gives Slovenia life.
Incredibly, two games in a row, Fournier made a boneheaded offensive play with 44 seconds left.  If Batum doesn't block the last second layup, Fournier would've been the goat.  Now Fournier shouldn't be playing mock-PG.  But that's what happens when your team has Franc. 

Also, Gobert with France up 2 and 1:30 left missed a pair of FT's (after missing a pair of layups).  Next play Gobert catches the ball on the move, runs into a double team, and makes a terrific kickout pass for a wide open De Colo 3, to put France up 5.  I didn't know Rudy could make such a pass/find.  Gobert really struggled with FT's in the gold medal game, which would have been closer if GoBear just canned his FT's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19937 on: August 09, 2021, 03:30:00 PM »

Gobert travelled on that play

Interesting that Luka passed on the final shot

Jordan-esque.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Progress [Trust The Process]
« Reply #19938 on: August 09, 2021, 03:39:42 PM »

IQ.  Yes. 

As uneven as he was yesterday, stepping up today. 

And Toppin be Poppin

What was that about how Obi should be cutting back on his treys? 

Progress. 

McBride with some nice play.  Given his size, finishing at the rim is a work in progress. 

Jericho has a presence.  Thoughtful.  Mature. 

Jokubaitis...nervous in the service.  A couple of nice plays. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Duarte
« Reply #19939 on: August 09, 2021, 03:47:32 PM »

Impressive. 

chipstern

• View Profile
IQ & Deuce
« Reply #19940 on: August 09, 2021, 03:52:30 PM »

They remind me of each other. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19941 on: August 09, 2021, 04:07:12 PM »

McBride is bigger than Quickley.

I’d call that progress on the quick turn around.

Duarte was impressive in spots.

Rokas to Barcelona definitely.

I don’t really see a need for Vildoza on the team. Frank, Exum, or some kind of stretch big seems more helpful on the main roster.

Not sure what Grimes is right now, but he could be something. He seems to need more GLeague time than any of our other picks but Rokas who’ll be doing it overseas.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Interesting
« Reply #19942 on: August 09, 2021, 04:22:33 PM »

Keith Smith: Kemba Walker gave up $20M total in his buyout/waiver with the Oklahoma City Thunder, sources tell @spotrac. Walker gave up $9,777,778 in 2021-22 and $10,222,222 in 2022-23. – via Twitter KeithSmithNBA

Gracious of him. 

Was owed $73 million, so not like an act of selfless charity, but still...

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
PGs
« Reply #19943 on: August 09, 2021, 04:28:28 PM »

McBride is bigger than Quickley.

I’d call that progress on the quick turn around.

Duarte was impressive in spots.

Rokas to Barcelona definitely.

I don’t really see a need for Vildoza on the team. Frank, Exum, or some kind of stretch big seems more helpful on the main roster.

Not sure what Grimes is right now, but he could be something. He seems to need more GLeague time than any of our other picks but Rokas who’ll be doing it overseas.

Fac, McBride may be bigger than Quickley, but only one assist in 25 mins. vs 8 for Quickley in 33.

I think you're a little too quick to dismiss Vildoza. He hasn't had a chance to show anything. Just 4 mins. today, and about the same yesterday. Plus, you no longer have a problem with his name. Just be a nice fella and give him a chance 🧐
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 04:30:14 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19944 on: August 09, 2021, 04:51:21 PM »

Luca drew a charge and he can throw that pass that gets you a bucket with one tick on the clock, so he can finish out summer league. I currently have him 6th best PG on the roster as Walker, Rose, McBride, Quickley, and Burks all run rings around him at this point on both ends. Fournier, Barrett, Burks, Grimes, Quickley, and McBride are all ahead of him at SG so he’s 7th in that pecking order. Quickley and McBride together make less salary than he does. He seems cool and all, but I don’t see what justifies picking up his salary and filling a roster spot with him at this point.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting
« Reply #19945 on: August 09, 2021, 05:03:07 PM »

Keith Smith: Kemba Walker gave up $20M total in his buyout/waiver with the Oklahoma City Thunder, sources tell @spotrac. Walker gave up $9,777,778 in 2021-22 and $10,222,222 in 2022-23. – via Twitter KeithSmithNBA

Gracious of him. 

Was owed $73 million, so not like an act of selfless charity, but still...

And he got most of that back from the Knicks.  Only cost him 4 mil to maneuver out of OKC.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Luca Vildoza
« Reply #19946 on: August 09, 2021, 05:09:40 PM »

Luca drew a charge and he can throw that pass that gets you a bucket with one tick on the clock, so he can finish out summer league. I currently have him 6th best PG on the roster as Walker, Rose, McBride, Quickley, and Burks all run rings around him at this point on both ends. Fournier, Barrett, Burks, Grimes, Quickley, and McBride are all ahead of him at SG so he’s 7th in that pecking order. Quickley and McBride together make less salary than he does. He seems cool and all, but I don’t see what justifies picking up his salary and filling a roster spot with him at this point.

And you draw this conclusion out of 4 minutes of playing time?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Interesting
« Reply #19947 on: August 09, 2021, 06:00:08 PM »

Keith Smith: Kemba Walker gave up $20M total in his buyout/waiver with the Oklahoma City Thunder, sources tell @spotrac. Walker gave up $9,777,778 in 2021-22 and $10,222,222 in 2022-23.

And he got most of that back from the Knicks.  Only cost him 4 mil to maneuver out of OKC.

Almost exactly the standard MLE.
Kemba and agent figured some team would offer Walker the full MLE for two years.
So they were expecting he'd come out whole.

Since the Knix used actual cap space instead of the exception, Kemba agreed to take the slight discount to get on a playoff competing team in his hometown.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Dwayne Bacon
« Reply #19948 on: August 09, 2021, 07:01:06 PM »

Tim Bontemps
@TimBontemps

The Knicks have agreed to a deal with free agent guard Dwayne Bacon, sources tell ESPN. Bacon averaged 10.9 points per game while playing all 72 games last season with the Orlando Magic.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Things That Make You Go....Hmmmmm?
« Reply #19949 on: August 09, 2021, 07:04:36 PM »

Tim Bontemps: The Knicks have agreed to a deal with free agent guard Dwayne Bacon, sources tell ESPN. Bacon averaged 10.9 points per game while playing all 72 games last season with the Orlando Magic. – via Twitter TimBontemps

25 years old. 

6'7" shooting guard. 

145-176 FTs

Nice

59-207 from trey

NOT so nice

Hmmmmmmm. 
Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 1853