Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1402 1403 [1404] 1405 1406 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964896 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Just gonna slide this under the door
« Reply #21045 on: October 27, 2021, 03:12:22 PM »

That was a franchise-saving trade.   No matter what Bo says.   Could we have gotten MORE?  Yeah most likely.   But let's not be greedy : D

Thanks Kam. 

I've had this argument with numerous peoples as to how we got ripped off in the Porzingis Trade, countering their contention that we got no players back, with the reality that we converted all of those expiring contracts and cap space into resources that we have seen blossom in the past year under Leon Rose and Thibs in the form of significant free agent upgrades and draft picks. 

Not sure with KP if it is the cumulative effect of his injuries, how he is being deployed or the karma of just being a dick.  Before he got hurt against the Bucks, he was really starting to ascend as a Knick. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Point Guards
« Reply #21046 on: October 27, 2021, 03:19:33 PM »

After questionable shot selection !Q and a sloppy start to the 2Q, Knix bench got rolling and walloped PHI.    I like how Thibs brings in pairs of players.  Rose & Taj who know each other well.  And balance O & D.  Then IQ and ObiT (this game with Burks).  Knix 2nd unit brought energy.

Rose continues to score and get to all loose balls.  Knix best player so far.  Doc should have brought Thybulle in early on Rose, instead of waiting until late 3Q.  PHI playing without a PG, led to poor possessions, turnovers, bad shots, etc.  Korkmaz played Point for them most of the 2nd half.  Early Season Theme: It sure helps to have a legit PG.
PHI is designed for Simmons at Point.  And their shooters are not good ballhandlers or distributors.  Tobias had a strong game and defended Randle well.

Knix moved the ball, were coherent, got everyone involved.
Nice team W.

Embiid looked like he wanted to be elsewhere.  Desultory performance.  Mitch did a nice job.  Knix had some trouble figuring out their double teams, but still Embiid didn't make them pay (except some early FT's).

Knix still prone to some bad rotations and letting the corner spot-up player cut rimward.  Randle seemed to get tired 3Q/4Q and made some bad rotations.
You'd think Julius could play fewer than 36 minutes in an early blowout.

Give Knix credit for never letting PHI get back in to it or cut it under 14.
So far the PG's Knix have faced: Marcus Smart; Cole Anthony; Maxey

Julius still prone to turnovers when he tries to do too much, but the number of assists he consistently registers as a big man and our bell cow is impressive.  I thought that last night the sharing, ball movement, extra passes and getting everyone involved was significant. 

As per point guards, the Bulls' LONZO BALL represents a significant challenge to our ancient mariners Kemba and Derrick given his size and defensive prowess.   

PS: If Levine goes off on us, wonder if Thibs might supplement RJ and Burks with a cameo from Deuce to add some defensive pressure.  Unlikely, but Zach is not going to be stopped...at best, need to make him really work  for everything. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Kristap
« Reply #21047 on: October 27, 2021, 04:31:58 PM »

Out with backstiffness. Is anyone surprised?

elephant

• View Profile
And Mitchell
« Reply #21048 on: October 27, 2021, 04:53:14 PM »

Speaking of which.

Can Mitchell Robinson stay healthy?

He and Obi both play with such reckless abandon. But unlike with Obi, there's something about how Mitchell moves, how he leaps and lurches and slams to the ground, that just has you holding your breath. It's as if he's not in control of his body, and his chances of getting really, really hurt seem almost inevitable.

I take no pleasure in making that observation. I really like the guy and I hope I'm wrong. Maybe that kind of physical control I'm talking about can be learned. But you see so many guys in the NBA with a breathtaking balance of power and agility. Robinson sticks out in the other direction.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21049 on: October 27, 2021, 05:00:26 PM »

Seeing a different Mitch this year

More "control", I'd say.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #21050 on: October 27, 2021, 05:05:50 PM »

Definitely stronger. That should help.

Still....

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21051 on: October 27, 2021, 05:14:02 PM »

(28-17)

Games for 10/27

Hornets at Orlando
Hornets   -5.5
Pick is ORLANDO

Miami at Brooklyn
Nets    -3.5
Pick is BROOKLYN

Pacers at Toronto
Raptors  -1
Pick is INDIANA

Hawks at New Orleans
Hawks  -5.5
Pick is ATLANTA

Wizards at Boston
Celtics   -4
Pick is BOSTON

Lakers at Oklahoma City
Lakers   -5
Pick is LOS ANGELES

Wolves at Milwaukee
Bucks  -6.5
Pick is MILWAUKEE

Kings at Phoenix
Suns  -8
Pick is SACRAMENTO

Grizzlies at Portland
Blazers  -2.5
Pick is MEMPHIS

Cavs at LA Clippers
Clippers   -8
Pick is CLEVELAND

chipstern

• View Profile
KNICK ON WOOD [Mitchell]
« Reply #21052 on: October 27, 2021, 05:59:14 PM »

Speaking of which.

He and Obi both play with such reckless abandon. But unlike with Obi, there's something about how Mitchell moves, how he leaps and lurches and slams to the ground, that just has you holding your breath. It's as if he's not in control of his body, and his chances of getting really, really hurt seem almost inevitable.

I take no pleasure in making that observation. I really like the guy and I hope I'm wrong. Maybe that kind of physical control I'm talking about can be learned. But you see so many guys in the NBA with a breathtaking balance of power and agility. Robinson sticks out in the other direction.

Big men often have to grow into their bodies. 

Mitchell seems much more centered, so to speak, much more in control, than when he started out. 

Likewise his work habits and conditioning, vis a vis, Thibs raising the bar for him. 

I too wince every time he goes down. 

Still, our own Bill Cartwright went down twice with the same foot injury, and sat crying on the bench with "Knick Fans" booing him the second time, something which still rankles me. 

Mitchell has already gone down a couple of times so far, scaring the shit out of me, and he made a point of getting some treatment and coming back in the game. 

Right now I am more concerned about Nerlens, who seems to have lingering congenital knee problems.  He played through them all last season, so I am sure we will see him soon, but I suspect Thibs will be judicious about his usage...well, as Judicious as Thibs is about ANYONE'S USEAGE [see Kemba, Derrick, Julius]. 

I've been quite moved by Mitchell's intensity and sense of purpose.  He did a lot of things last night that don't show up in a box score. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco's picks #7
« Reply #21053 on: October 27, 2021, 06:27:42 PM »

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: And Mitchell
« Reply #21054 on: October 27, 2021, 07:19:26 PM »

Speaking of which.

Good observation.   

Maybe it's part of his athletic ability.  The legs are more on the thin and springy side than the thick and strong side.  Mitch has that awesome verticality and a stronger upper body these days, but it's all built on a slightly weaker base.   He needs to keep adding lower body strength to compensate for his lighter frame.  But yeah, the way he plays with the body he has, its always a bigger risk.   
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Chamaco's picks #7
« Reply #21055 on: October 27, 2021, 10:23:01 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21056 on: October 27, 2021, 10:24:40 PM »

Anyway - checking out - going to SOSH.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21057 on: October 27, 2021, 10:56:11 PM »

Loved how Miami destroyed the Nyets. The Heat are tough if they can stay healthy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Mitchell
« Reply #21058 on: October 28, 2021, 12:51:49 AM »

Mitchell indicated that his off season weight training concentrated on his lower body so that he could go mano a mano with beefy centers such as Embid

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
All Praise the New Rules
« Reply #21059 on: October 28, 2021, 11:47:43 AM »

Let's take a moment to salute the restoration of basketball! Through five games, Harden doesn't have a single 5 FTA outing. Listening to the Nets game last night in the car, announcers just crying over the refs and rules. Lester Luvs it too much!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 11:51:43 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1402 1403 [1404] 1405 1406 ... 1851