Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964212 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21930 on: December 24, 2021, 03:42:12 AM »

Calls to cashier coach Thibs.  Jeez.
He got us an exciting year last season, with an identity and a purpose and a team of togetherness.  He's also been developing plenty of yute something he was not known for.

I wonder how on board Thibs was with the O-for-D swap of Kemba and FourEva in place of Elf/Bullox (and at a much higher price).  He sure dumped Kemba once things weren't going well, though maybe Fournier's spaciness and inconsistency was more of an issue.  The Celts didn't do well with a Kemba-Fournier startling backcourt and moved on quickly.

To me it's simple.  If Randle is your bell cow, surround him with defenders -- Mitch/Noel - RJB, and one G who can D up.  Instead of splashing money on another SG, we should have been hunting up a starting PG.  Kemba, with his age, size and knee issues is a fill-in, not long term solution. 

But let Thibs work with what he's got.  Sure he handled the Kemba thing questionably.  But seem coaches prefer to have their assistants handle players complaints and issues.  I'm more concerned about the decision to drop/scapegoat Kemba in the first place.

All coaches have flaws.  Thibs deserves to work through the mildly tough times.  Most thought this was a circa .500 team.  I think I picked 43 W's.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 07:37:37 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21931 on: December 24, 2021, 05:26:33 AM »

Start of 1Q, Kemba does a Scurry style run under the basket and his man thinks he's flaring out to the 3 point line, so Kemba cuts back towards the rim, compromises the D and hits Burks for an open elbow 3.  Nice action.
FourEva hits a 3 off a high Mitch screen.
Knix offense humming.

But right after his 3, Fournier drifts all the way from his man in the weakside corner to stand directly in the center of the paint just inside the restricted zone.  There was absolutely nothing going on, so it's bizarre Fournier left his man, and the middle of the paint is way too far to leave a corner shooter.  Kispert knocks down the open 3.  And of course giving a shooter confidence can make for a long night.  Awful defensive lapse from Fournier, negating his 3.

Ah, looks like I was right about Knix running a Scurry play to start the game, as a little over 3 mins in, the Knix have Kemba run under the basket and set a cross-screen for Fournier before flaring out.  Classic Scurry action.

1:52 left in 1Q and Avdija cuts right past a bewildered Fournier for a layup.
Smart play by Avdija who started to cut, but Fournier blocked the lane, so Avdija instead started to screen Randle, but noticed FourEva looking inside at the ball, so Avdija aborted his screen and made the cut inside.  Bad D, but nice activity and acumen from Avdija. 

Seemed like every Wiz scored on Fournier 1Q.  Then 45 secs left, Ev dribbles around and shoots a quick straight on 3.  His man leaks out, long rebound, Fournier stands still, and uh-oh.  When you shoot that straight on 3, you're responsible for getting back.
A really terrible defensive 1Q from Fournier.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 07:46:45 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: December 24, 2021, 09:57:10 AM »

A real joy seeing

a)  the development of Wizards young guys and evidence of what a solid coaching job can bring to a  "together" group (notwithstanding Harrell's recent complaints about not seeing the rock).  Credit Silas.

b)  Kemba

Fun game.  Fun league.

Let's win tomorrow then we can talk.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21933 on: December 24, 2021, 10:01:59 AM »

To me it's simple.  If Randle is your bell cow, surround him with defenders -- Mitch/Noel - RJB, and one G who can D up.  Instead of splashing money on another SG, we should have been hunting up a starting PG.  Kemba, with his age, size and knee issues is a fill-in, not long term solution.

If we really want to analyze why Ball is not our PG, then lets do so.

Was Chicago his desired destination or did they simply show him more love?

In short, was Lonzo Ball willing to come to MSG had we put the hard press on him?

After that we have to analyze deals for Paul and Westbrook that were not made.  And continue to analyze what could become of Russell and a couple of others across the league via TRADE.  Simply waiting for free agents, while it did bear fruit this year in the opportunity at Ball, often leaves one wanting.

One more note - falling in love with our "yute" doesnt help.  Thoughts of a new guy coming in taking minutes from a McBride, a Quickley, even ROSE for God's sake was absolute folly.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21934 on: December 24, 2021, 11:03:39 AM »

A real joy seeing

a)  the development of Wizards young guys and evidence of what a solid coaching job can bring to a  "together" group (notwithstanding Harrell's recent complaints about not seeing the rock).  Credit Silas.

b)  Kemba

Fun game.  Fun league.

Yes on both counts.

That's why it was especially disheartening not seeing our "bell cow" participating in the Fun, at all, mentally, physically, for most of the game.

Not a one-off this season. More like a ten-off. Not good.

**** What they say?? If he ain't the man, he don't give no damn

*** and nobody be throwing up any numbers to say otherwise, that shit was EYE-TESTED BY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. Skip the PCR, we already know. Better better hope it's one mad dyspeptic baby at home or chronic hemorrhoids.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 11:36:27 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Jeez
« Reply #21936 on: December 24, 2021, 06:26:56 PM »

Jeez... LMAO
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Uncommon Sense
« Reply #21937 on: December 24, 2021, 07:07:38 PM »

Knicks down by six.

15 seconds left and the Knicks bring the ball in.

So what do we do?

Give the ball to Randall of course so he can dribble up the floor and get fouled on a layup!

Hey, at some point, you gotta go, do we have a coach? Because in key situations, I don't see it.

That makes two of us wondering about Thibs, well actually I made up my mind he's got to go after he banished Kemba and didn't even bother to talk to the man.

I want Mike Miller back, and Chip wants Simon Bolivar. Go figure with Chip

Yeah, Mike Miller. 

Go figure....

We don't need no stinking logic. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21938 on: December 24, 2021, 07:12:10 PM »

A real joy seeing

b)  Kemba

Fun game.  Fun league.

Yes on both counts.

That's why it was especially disheartening not seeing our "bell cow" participating in the Fun, at all, mentally, physically, for most of the game.

Not a one-off this season. More like a ten-off. Not good.

**** What they say?? If he ain't the man, he don't give no damn

*** and nobody be throwing up any numbers to say otherwise, that shit was EYE-TESTED BY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. Skip the PCR, we already know. Better better hope it's one mad dyspeptic baby at home or chronic hemorrhoids.

Credit UNSELD

Silas is in Houston. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21939 on: December 24, 2021, 07:13:14 PM »

He got us an exciting year last season, with an identity and a purpose and a team of togetherness.  He's also been developing plenty of yute something he was not known for.

I wonder how on board Thibs was with the O-for-D swap of Kemba and FourEva in place of Elf/Bullox (and at a much higher price).  He sure dumped Kemba once things weren't going well, though maybe Fournier's spaciness and inconsistency was more of an issue.  The Celts didn't do well with a Kemba-Fournier startling backcourt and moved on quickly.

But let Thibs work with what he's got.  Sure he handled the Kemba thing questionably.  But seem coaches prefer to have their assistants handle players complaints and issues.  I'm more concerned about the decision to drop/scapegoat Kemba in the first place.

All coaches have flaws.  Thibs deserves to work through the mildly tough times.  Most thought this was a circa .500 team.  I think I picked 43 W's.

And for MIKE MILLER no less. 

But Brother C is laughing his ass off. 

Go figure. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 07:16:28 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21940 on: December 24, 2021, 08:15:04 PM »

Fire Thibs because Julius cant do math

heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21941 on: December 24, 2021, 08:16:17 PM »

But you are seeing some cracks with Thibs that may explain why he wasnt highly sought after

One day - maybe - my choice of coach and theirs will match

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Simon Bolivar
« Reply #21942 on: December 24, 2021, 08:23:03 PM »

Knicks down by six.

15 seconds left and the Knicks bring the ball in.

So what do we do?

Give the ball to Randall of course so he can dribble up the floor and get fouled on a layup!

Hey, at some point, you gotta go, do we have a coach? Because in key situations, I don't see it.

That makes two of us wondering about Thibs, well actually I made up my mind he's got to go after he banished Kemba and didn't even bother to talk to the man.

I want Mike Miller back, and Chip wants Simon Bolivar. Go figure with Chip

Yeah, Mike Miller. 

Go figure....

We don't need no stinking logic.
Just for you, Chip.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Mr. heh (and lol) strikes YET again #43,840
« Reply #21943 on: December 24, 2021, 08:26:58 PM »

Fire Thibs because Julius cant do math

heh

Chamaco-s pure logic 🤪

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
This one for Chip also
« Reply #21944 on: December 24, 2021, 08:44:36 PM »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 1851