Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1480 1481 [1482] 1483 1484 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964034 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
So our BEST two-way player is 16th on the team in steals per 36?
« Reply #22215 on: January 12, 2022, 09:33:41 AM »

Terrific 2nd half by RJB.
I said the other week that RJB is our best 2-way player and kiid scoffed.
But it's not really close.
I'm not even sure who is 2nd.
Rose?  Mitch??  Grimes??   Burks? ? ?

lol, I scoffed cause it wasn't even close to true.

RJB .. first handful of games excepted...up until the last couple..has had a pretty sad season. Beyond uninspiring.
A net-negative losing-impact player. Not anybody's best-two way. Or even one-way, his D was def not "all that" or even "just that." ****

Kiid's "do you trade him while he still has some good value" question, was totally legit.

Thankfully, he's finally showing signs of achieving what we hope he's capable of. Seeing his teammates and making the right play. Hitting the three. Unleashing a right hand and more varied attack. Not barrelling like a clown into three players underneath the hoop and throwing up junk. Seeing the game, Consistency

He had a wonderful game. Two recent ones. Let's hope it turns into the start of a wonderful second half of the season, and career, lol...

*** and yes, minus the first three minutes ... Randle had a BIG impact on our win ... a worker bee after an ugly-ass ball dominating turnover creating start..didn't look too happy about it...but as long as he does it!

**** so I based my RJ defensive assessment purely on eyetestTM, but if you want to go look at defensive stats it isn't just ugly it is butt-uggly, steals, 9th on team, AND per 36 MIN, 16th on the team, rofl! blocks 8 OR per 36, 10th! want to go to defensive rating, advance stats DBPM, i'm telling you now...DON'T GO THERE, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING THERE

***** so I based my RJ offensive assessment purely on eyetestTM, but if you want to go look at advanced offensive stats or composite stats.....IT AIN'T JUST BAD...ITS A HORROR FILM
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 01:56:23 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Speaking of Scoff...Normal as Fuk!
« Reply #22216 on: January 12, 2022, 09:39:45 AM »

In the northwestern city of Xian, hospital employees refused to admit a man suffering from chest pains because he lived in a medium-risk district. He died of a heart attack.

They informed a woman who was eight months pregnant and bleeding that her Covid test wasnt valid. She lost her baby.

Two community security guards told a young man they didnt care that he had nothing to eat after catching him out during the lockdown. They beat him up...

For the officials, virus control comes first.... lives, well-being and dignity come much later.

The government has the help of a vast army of community workers who carry out the policy with zeal and hordes of online nationalists who attack anyone raising grievances or concerns....

rofl...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/12/business/china-zero-covid-policy-xian.html?smid=em-share
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:43:29 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Normal as Fuk! Kinda funny tho'
« Reply #22217 on: January 12, 2022, 09:51:35 AM »

Chinese woman stuck in blind date's house after city lockdown

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/chinese-woman-stuck-blind-dates-102103267.html

"Besides the fact that he's as mute as a wooden mannequin, everything else (about him) is pretty good," Wang told The Paper. "Despite his food being mediocre, he's still willing to cook, which I think is great."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 12:01:28 PM by lesterluv »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22218 on: January 12, 2022, 11:44:17 AM »

I said the other week that RJB is our best 2-way player and kiid scoffed.

Stop.  Dont embarrass yourself.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
This one for BoZ
« Reply #22219 on: January 12, 2022, 02:42:28 PM »

I found a most beautiful picture of Trumptin the Pumpkin:

I thought I'd post it here to give BoZizzley a chance to tell me to go to the politics forum 🤪

Les, if I were in China, he would report me for the NORMAL process of re-education.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 02:45:30 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Rumor Mill
« Reply #22220 on: January 12, 2022, 03:56:00 PM »

Alleged interest in Cam Reddish.

Berman in today's POST points out that Jalen Brunson will be an unrestricted FA this summer, and recollects about the connections between the Burnson family and both Leon Rose and Thibs. 

Odd that Dallas has not re-inked Brunson. 

Played 25 minutes a game last season, and 30 minutes in 2021-22.

Assists are UP, but Three-Point Shooting is DOWN significantly.

From .405 to .336 [81-200 to 41-122]

Playing the Knicks always helps boost three point shooting percentages. 

Watch out for Brunson AND Bullock tonight. 

Not exactly sure how Knicks would enetertain free agents this summer, with commitments to Rose, Burks, Noel and Gibson. 

Kemba will be owed 9.165

Noel's NOAH's 6.4 million stretch finally comes off the books. 

Likely Knox's 5.8 million comes off as well [qualfiying offer would be 7.9] 

So that's 12 million there. 

Some decisions to be made on Mitchell Robinson. 

PS: Ryan Arcidiacono remains out for tonight's game. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 05:30:18 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22221 on: January 12, 2022, 04:42:26 PM »

Btwkm it's comparative.  Who's a better 2-way player on the Knix?
Let's see anyone's Top 3.

As for RJB, do teams ever put him in a PnR?
Earlier in the season, when Kemba and FourEva were starting, there were 2 or 3 games in a row where teams put a main scorer in the corner and let the rest of the players go 4 on 4 v. the weaker Knick defenders.  Sacrificing a scorer to remove our best defender.  Last year, RJB was terrific on closeouts and rotations, especially 1st half of the season, when the Knix played a different style of defense and had better defenders.  One of the reasons opponents shot a very low % on 3's.  Overall, that O for D swap hasn't exactly panned out.  Though it hasn't helped to have Mitch & Noel missing games.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22222 on: January 12, 2022, 05:06:13 PM »

I can not think of a single possession over recent games where I thought that what would have helped in any way was Nerlins Noel.

It is Noah not Noel coming of the books, btw.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #22223 on: January 12, 2022, 05:31:33 PM »

I can not think of a single possession over recent games where I thought that what would have helped in any way was Nerlins Noel.

Nice catch.

Betcha you wish Nerlens was coming off the books as oppossed to off the bench. 

He was a big factor last year.  Cannot seem to remain ambulatory 2021-22. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Ronnie Spector Has Caught A Cab...
« Reply #22224 on: January 12, 2022, 05:32:44 PM »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22225 on: January 12, 2022, 06:18:04 PM »

More  times than not the offense does NOT start with  Julius.  I would put it  at 65/35 that  Randle doesnt touch the ball first or second in the possession.

He has an awful assist to turnover ratio.   When he dribbles more than twice its a turnover and he is not a quick decision-maker.  Hallmarks of a guy who can finish possessions rather than start them.  I don't want him at the three point line unless he is in the corner or a wing.   Featuring Randle at the top of the key early in the shot clock is asking to be disappointed.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #22226 on: January 12, 2022, 06:27:29 PM »

Sadly there is no "first touch" or "second touch" in NBA advanced stats.

There is simply front court touches, the number of times a player touches and possesses the ball on the offensive half of the court per game.

Julius is 4th behind Jokic, Embid, KAT. 48 per game. The eyes don't deceive.

Another good stat is percentage of shots assisted.   Julius is assisted on just 47 percent of his shots (placing hm in the 91st percentile of bigs league-wide) whereas Obi is assisted on 80 percent of his looks (14th percentile).    This tells us Obi isn't the shot creator than Julius is but also tells us that Julius is doing a lot of creating.   Many touches combined with playmaking to the tune of a 1.4 asst-turnover ratio.  So the team is suffering and Randle is suffering because we have nobody to take the ball out of his hands and give it to him in scoring position.  The problem is Randle has so far shown little interest in changing his style.  We see it here and there. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22228 on: January 12, 2022, 06:53:57 PM »

The coming of the books...
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22229 on: January 12, 2022, 07:16:53 PM »

Odd that Dallas has not re-inked Brunson.

How?  He makes  peanuts.  No available cash for next season yet.

Dallas could still make enough available to afford  him but you cant just give it to him now.  Rules do not allow for this.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1480 1481 [1482] 1483 1484 ... 1851