Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918992 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The Original
« Reply #22350 on: January 17, 2022, 07:17:18 PM »

Oh, the original Bo Diddley.

Our BoZ is gonna be delighted!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22351 on: January 17, 2022, 10:16:39 PM »

Yep. The first team fell back into mediocrity.

We didn't seem to need a point guard the other day, but I sure was missing Rose today.

Irritated too that Thibs took so long to give McBride minutes (he was a tight ass with Obi too), even though the futility of the game was obvious.

One ray of light: Once again Barrett was good and aggressive.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22352 on: January 17, 2022, 10:32:33 PM »

CHA really pushes the pace and tests the D.
And that was without two of their fastest players, LaBall and Oubre.
Uber having a nice bounce back year.

Bridges, Bridges or Shai.
Any one of them would be starting and a significant addition.
Shai was moving up draft boards late, as workouts confirmed his athleticism and talent.
Knix went the high risk route with Knox.
Oh well. 
Not sure Knox has an NBA future.
Maybe needs to play overseas and come back hungry(?)
Or get some confidence in the G-League.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22353 on: January 17, 2022, 11:42:13 PM »

We didn't seem to need a point guard the other day, but I sure was missing Rose today.

Irritated too that Thibs took so long to give McBride minutes (he was a tight ass with Obi too), even though the futility of the game was obvious.

R J didnt shoot well

Lost the game mostly on defensive end.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22354 on: January 18, 2022, 12:45:17 AM »

Wasn't about shooting well. For me, anyway. Was about aggression, grit, confidence.

I keep wondering what kind of player he'll be, waiting for him to step into it...and keep stepping into it.

chipstern

• View Profile
Thibs
« Reply #22355 on: January 18, 2022, 04:00:22 AM »

No matter McBride's limitations and inexperience, the period in which Walker went from exile to playing consecutive games of what, 35 + minutes a night was to me, the joy of Kemba having found some semblance of his mojo notwithstanding, INSANE.  Like in the playoffs last year, when Derrick finally broke down from being tasked with way too many minutes, as Elfrid was finally buried on the bench. 

I am a Thibs enthusiast, and believe in his discipline and vision, but he has long had a rep for running many of his players into the fucking ground.  Was he responsible for Derrick Rose's catastrophic injuries with the Bulls.  I don't know if that is fair, but he does ride his starters hard. 

Having said that...

Julius is down from 37 minutes a game to 35 this year, and Obi is up from 12 to 16.  RJ is down from 35 to 32. 

Fournier and Burks are averaging roughly 29 and 28. 

So Thibs does seem to be trying to be less obsessive with his minutes. 

Then again, with injuries and COVID protocols, things have been pretty bonkers as far as rotations. 

As for McBride, he had that one breakthrough game, against Houston on 12-16 [15-2-9 with 4 steals] and looked ready to make the next step in his ascent, when testing positive for COVID took him out of the rotation for two weeks, and Thibs seemed to lose confidence in him since January 2nd, when Deuce fell out of the rotation.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 04:09:03 AM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22356 on: January 18, 2022, 07:24:37 AM »

Bridges, Bridges or Shai.
Any one of them would be starting and a significant addition

Exhibit B on why Leon Rose is now here

Frank is exhibit A

We can quibble on Leon to date  but looks more promising than the other regime.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22357 on: January 18, 2022, 09:35:36 AM »

Wasn't about shooting well. For me, anyway. Was about aggression, grit, confidence.

I keep wondering what kind of player he'll be, waiting for him to step into it...and keep stepping into it.

RJ is getting better at countering what the defense tosses at him.

At one point when he drove to the hoop that was it - the balll was going up - and often in off balance fashion

Now not only is he going to his right more but he can also pull up or dish under control with better result.   Still needs work.  That he can go strong to the hoop and also can a 3 pointer plays well in this league (take not, Q Grimes). 

Consistency of shot is key.  At the D end combined steals/blocks is troublesome but the positive is his size.  Often overlooked.  Character?  Off the charts, seemingly.

Knicks would not deal Barrett unless it is for the right top quality long term talent.  Which is what I was hinting at earlier last month.  Wanna make him untouchable?  I wont quibble but I will also keep an eye on details with this player
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 05:44:17 PM by kidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22358 on: January 18, 2022, 06:30:26 PM »

When I wish to copy and paste something into the apostrophic era Elba (and I am thinking clearly), I paste it first into Word or Wordpad or Notepad.

I then do a search and replace (ctrl+h) for apostrophes, quotation marks, colons, and m-dashes (the longer dashes). There may be others that we should do this for, too, but I don't know off hand what they would be.

This gets around the bulk of the problems.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22359 on: January 18, 2022, 08:18:48 PM »

Knicks 1-11 from 3

Keep hoisting them up boys

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22360 on: January 18, 2022, 09:30:09 PM »

Julius and Evan beautiful tonight

Nice comeback.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22361 on: January 18, 2022, 10:59:01 PM »

This is among the least professional iteration of a Knicks team I have ever had the displeasure to watch.

It is getting very close to coach on the hot seat time again.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22362 on: January 18, 2022, 11:09:06 PM »

Only saw the last 9 mins.
Mini fairly sloppy with the ball.
A few bad passes throughout the 4Q.
Almost turned it over with 24 secs left.  Lucky to get that deflection back.

Knix settled for long J's.
Was working when Randle hit a few long 2's and Kemba bombed in a trio of trips.
But not much inside.  And Knix only 2-4 FT the last 2:20.
Unfortunately when RJB split his FT's for a 3 point lead, the delivery guy came with my new mattress.  Fortunately this guy was part of the Olympic mattress delivery team, and was in and out in minutes, so I didn't miss too many late possessions.

Seemed weird that Minny went to Nowell so much in the 4Q, without KAT touching the ball.
Finally KAT scored baseline over Randle and got an ANd1 to give Wolves the lead with 29 ticks left.

Calls didn't go Knix way.  Nowell drove into Mitch to foul him out.  Didn't see a good replay, but didn't look like much.  Mitch still out there, he'd likely be on KAT for that baseline shot with 29 secs left.  Cheapie 6th foul on Taj, garnering Pa Bev FT's at the 3 min mark.
Then refs called a foul on Randle's pass out, negating a corner 3 which woulda put the Knix up 1 with 24 secs left.  Instead Randle goes 1-2 FT and Knix down 1 and Minny has the ball.

Scrappy sloppy play.  Good fight.  A chance to tie and then a potential game winner in the last 6 secs.  Minny needs more cohesion and better passing.  Tangelo sat for the last 7 mins of the 4Q, only returning for the last 24 secs..
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Thibs
« Reply #22363 on: January 18, 2022, 11:32:13 PM »

the period in which Walker went from exile to playing consecutive games of what, 35 + minutes a night was to me, the joy of Kemba having found some semblance of his mojo notwithstanding, INSANE. 

Indeed.  Kemba was benched for 3 weeks, then averaged 40 mins a night for 4 stellar games.  The 4th game, Kemba didn't have the legs for his outside shot, but ripped off a triple double to beat ATL (in 40 mins).  Then the next 2 games -- 33 and 21 mins -- Kemba was clearly laboring with his knee worn down.  Then he missed another 3 weeks with knee trouble.  Brilliant.

4 games of 40 mins, just to go 2-2 (wins over lowly DET & ATL), and then worn out.
Negligent usage of an older player with knee issues.

RJB has been aggressive and involved.  But now 13 turnovers in the last two games.
He might be getting worn down mentally and physically.  Averaging 40 mins the last 4 games.  Thibs doesn't realize guys get tiredMaybe RJB and then Randle don't split their FT's in the last few minutes if they played 5 minutes left and were a little fresher (?)  Fournier (37 mins) also couldn't make anything in the 4Q and had his last second drive blocked.  Certainly can't hurt if guys are a little more rested.  Knix have a deep team.  Not only good to have the 2nd unit play well, but means your starters can be fresher and more focused...

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22364 on: January 18, 2022, 11:38:49 PM »

Pels & Clips at MSG; then the schedule gets brutal:

CLE - MIA - MIL road trip.  Ouch.
SacK & MemF at Home.
Then a 5 game West Road trip: LAKES - UTAH - DEN = 3 games in 4 nights
followed by GS and POR.

That's 8 out of 10 on the Road.