Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918034 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22395 on: January 20, 2022, 04:51:49 PM »

Westbrook Watch

Vogel reportedly is barely hanging on to his job.
Finally decided to bench Rustbrook the final 4 minutes of the IND game (after a poor defensive play).  Westbrook was 5-for-17 from the field when Vogel put in Malik Monk for him with L.A. trailing 101-94.

The coaching staff had been debating whether to pull Westbrook from late game situations for weeks, sources said, but always refrained because of worries about the lasting impact on Westbrooks psyche.

Of the 58 players who have attempted at least 500 shots this season, Westbrook ranks 54th in shooting efficiency with an eFG% of just 46.8. The NBA average is 52.3.

That is a familiar refrain for Westbrook, who continues to stubbornly rely on a jump shot that doesn't connect often enough. This season, 61 players have taken 300 or more jumpers; Westbrook ranks 57th in efficiency among them, averaging just 0.88 points per jump shot. The NBA average is 1.01.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:59:28 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22396 on: January 20, 2022, 05:00:57 PM »

Lakers loss
Dwight plays 13 minutes
Other players were LeBron, Ariza, A Braddley, Westbrook, Stanley J, Reaves, Horton-Tucker, Monk and Melo
Who the hell played center?

Some guy named LeBron has been playing smallball C for the Lakes the past few weeks.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Carnac The Dismissive
« Reply #22397 on: January 20, 2022, 07:27:35 PM »

Currently, our #34 pick, 21 year old PG Rokas Jokubaitis is tearing things up in Spain.
Tremendous upside.  Still, hard to imagine Thibs giving him the keys to the car.  I dont imagine him coming over until 2023, anyway, when Noel, Gibson, Burks, Walker and Rose's 2/3 option years all come due and potentially off the books.

The next Milos Vujanic!

At least your expectations are somewhat tempered.
Some Knick fans keep expecting some unknown Euro to make a splash.  Whether it's Iggy, Magic Lampe, Papa Kostas, Shved, Sergio!, etc.

Could count on you to be snide and dismissive

Lump him with a bunch of reaches. 

Try checking out some of his YouTube clips, MF. 

Not making the kid out to be Drazen Petrovic, but you forgot to mention Pable Prigioni, Carnac,  who was NOT A BUM.  Wouldn't be too shabby.  But I guess that doesn't fit your all knowing narrative. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22398 on: January 20, 2022, 07:49:36 PM »

Last game really had me shaking my head.

I mean, if we can't beat Minnesota at home, just how are we going to survive the brutal 2nd half schedule where most of the teams are much better than the Timberwolves?

I suppose the Knicks do have a way of bouncing back. And the Pelicans are pretty bad. So maybe there will be at least a one-night respite from Knick gloom.

Maybe.

Heh

Knicks have FOUR points in sixminutes
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22399 on: January 20, 2022, 07:54:25 PM »

BOS, WAS, CHA -- one of those likely to falter.  I'd go with WIZ.  But CHA has porous D.  BOS chemistry issues.

Told you - Charlotte is gone  - not to be caught

Re:  the other Ball (Lonzo) - out 6-8 weeks with meniscus  - rough.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22400 on: January 20, 2022, 08:03:33 PM »

Bo would tell you that Jaxson Hayes is a bust

Hayes is eating our lunch.

chipstern

• View Profile
YIKES
« Reply #22401 on: January 20, 2022, 09:10:41 PM »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22402 on: January 20, 2022, 09:26:38 PM »

Grisly shit!

Terrible in every aspect. Walker just awful tonight. And down more than 20, Julius afraid to take a shot!

Meanwhile Obi glued to the bench because....because...no idea.  Maybe Thibs wants to make sure there's absolutely no entertainment value in the game? If so, he's succeeding!

Though, really, Mitchell has made some great plays. Can't think of anyone else who's playing even at mediocre level.

The white whale has torn off our limbs and we are devoured.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22403 on: January 20, 2022, 09:58:31 PM »

Alvarado had his career moment tonight. Scrappy kid.

I still do not see the benefit of Kemba Walker at this point. I know he has a stellar reputation around the league and all.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22404 on: January 21, 2022, 01:30:42 AM »

Prigioni played in Euroland but wasn't a Euro.  South American players tend to be rugged and crafty.  If you are a Prigioni fan, check out Campazzo.  Rather similar little guy.  Exciting player.

Seems there's always some Euro PG who supposedly is gonna set the NBA ablaze: Spannoulis or Sergio, Llull or recently the much hyped Milos Teodosic who was reputedly some passing genius.

I looked up Jakubaitus quickly and the one site I clicked to had Jaku ranked 12th for PG's in the last draft (McBride was 7th). Said he finishes well in Euroland but likely won't in the NBA, so needs to up his outside shooting. 

As far as Jax Hayes, I'd say he's coming along slowly.  One game doesn't change a career trajectory. 

But everyone in the NBA can play.  And plenty of guys outside the NBA as well.  Look at all these G-League guys showing they've got NBA level game this year. How many here had heard of Alvarado before tonight?

It's going to be interesting to see who sticks around next year, which unknown can carve out a long-term NBA role. I thought all these replacement players was going to dilute the game and result in sloppy play.  Instead, it's scrappy play that's been fun to watch and root for the underdogs.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22405 on: January 21, 2022, 01:56:46 AM »

New York Knicks acquired the draft rights to guard Rokas Jokubaitis and Miles McBride from the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for the draft rights to forward Jeremiah Robinson-Earl.

That is, Knix flipped the #32 pick into the #34 & 36.
So guess we need to keep an eye on JR Earl to evaluate the deal.

Jaku taken #34
#38 was Dosunmu who has really looked sharp on both ends for CHI.
40 Jared Butler
41 Weiskamp
42 Kess Edwards
48 Sharife Cooper (off to a poor start)

Looks like a strong 2nd round.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22406 on: January 21, 2022, 12:57:02 PM »

Grisly shit!

Terrible in every aspect. Walker just awful tonight. And down more than 20, Julius afraid to take a shot!

Meanwhile Obi glued to the bench because....because...no idea.  Maybe Thibs wants to make sure there's absolutely no entertainment value in the game? If so, he's succeeding!

lol, it was pretty terrible, and when Obi did come in for his four first half minutes, Thibs wasn't satisfied with keeping him perched at the three point line, he moved him damn near back to half court.

That said...

Thibs has one hell of a tough job caring for the eggshell fragile Julius noggin.
Getting him to be sharing and caring AND aggressive to the hoop. (The first was very present early in the game, gorgeous feeds, the second not so much).
Keeping him focused on playing basketball and defense and ignoring the refs. (Jonas just blocked the $% out of you. Don't bark at the refs and get a T you pussy. Run back and give it back at the other end.)

[and BTW, the refs actually did a pretty fair job last night, unlike v. the Twolves. We got LOTS of calls. The ones that seemed atrocious at first, like the Kemba nonshooting call, the Grimes offensive call, were actually pretty great reffing jobs on review. Nothing to complain about. Move the f on and play ball.]

As for Kemba, sticking him into the second unit prob the best idea. Quick has been so awful there. 20 seconds of dribbling or ugly momentum destroying chucks. He could use a bit of help. Kemba can provide. Meanwhile, Julius, Evan, and RJ can work on getting their game on unmolested. Or not.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 01:18:28 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Normal as Fuk!!!
« Reply #22407 on: January 21, 2022, 01:29:16 PM »

So how do you manage all these cases in China while claiming almost ZERO DEATHS, rofl, and keeping Bo Believing in the efficacy of disinfecting every parcel of frozen meat? In addition to murdering all available hamsters, another key:

Detained, missing, close to death: the toll of reporting on Covid in China

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/04/detained-missing-close-to-death-toll-reporting-covid-china
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 01:46:07 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22408 on: January 21, 2022, 02:24:18 PM »

Grisly shit!

lol, it was pretty terrible, and when Obi did come in for his four first half minutes, Thibs wasn't satisfied with keeping him perched at the three point line, he moved him damn near back to half court.

That said...

Thibs has one hell of a tough job caring for the eggshell fragile Julius noggin.
Getting him to be sharing and caring AND aggressive to the hoop. (The first was very present early in the game, gorgeous feeds, the second not so much).
Keeping him focused on playing basketball and defense and ignoring the refs. (Jonas just blocked the $% out of you. Don't bark at the refs and get a T you pussy. Run back and give it back at the other end.)

[and BTW, the refs actually did a pretty fair job last night, unlike v. the Twolves. We got LOTS of calls. The ones that seemed atrocious at first, like the Kemba nonshooting call, the Grimes offensive call, were actually pretty great reffing jobs on review. Nothing to complain about. Move the f on and play ball.]

As for Kemba, sticking him into the second unit prob the best idea. Quick has been so awful there. 20 seconds of dribbling or ugly momentum destroying chucks. He could use a bit of help. Kemba can provide. Meanwhile, Julius, Evan, and RJ can work on getting their game on unmolested. Or not.

I very much agree with both the bolded bits.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22409 on: January 21, 2022, 03:26:57 PM »

And your point about Julius is obvious and concerning. He's fucked up. Needs some help. Never seen him so psychologically fragile. If I were the Knicks and there's some hoops guru that might help, I'd fly the man in on the company jet.
Pages: 1 ... 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 ... 1848