Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943085 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22650 on: February 05, 2022, 12:49:05 PM »

Well...if it gets past deadline and CJ/Dame are still in place looks like they run it back one more time next year.  Blazers I have heard were dangling Nurkic with no takers. Could we be in on that?  Looks like they may go full tilt 3 guards when all are healthy with the full development of Simons

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22651 on: February 05, 2022, 03:13:32 PM »

I'm thinking CJ/Dame/Simons won't be in place and there's a deal already on the radar to fill holes created by the trade.

Considering what they gave up to get Powell and Covington, Portland fans are not very happy right now.

Running a failed scheme back does not seem smart. Could happen I guess.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22652 on: February 05, 2022, 11:29:14 PM »

I miss Mike Miller coaching the Knicks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22653 on: February 05, 2022, 11:31:27 PM »

This isn't headline news but.......

We really need a point guard.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
We need
« Reply #22654 on: February 05, 2022, 11:41:58 PM »

And coach Mike Miller.

I miss Mike Miller coaching the Knicks.

Anybody else joining the Mike Miller club? Chip? 🏀😁
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 11:45:23 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22655 on: February 05, 2022, 11:49:23 PM »

Are there some kind of drugs involved here that I'm not aware of?

You see the Knicks lose to the Lakers and you emerge with the words....

MIKE MILLER.

I mean, I'm no stranger to psychotropics, but this sounds rather dangerous.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 01:19:02 AM by elephant »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
LSD
« Reply #22656 on: February 06, 2022, 12:20:39 AM »

Are there some kind of drugs involved here that I'm not aware with?

You see the Knicks lose to the Lakers and you emerge with the words....

MIKE MILLER.

I mean, I'm no stranger to psychotropics, but this sounds rather dangerous.

I take it you aint joining the club, and thats too bad.

Our main players were obviously tired in the second half, thus turnovers and forced shots.

We didnt have to lose this game. Thibs overworks his players into smithereens while leaving no minutes for the likes of Reddish, who could have spared some RJB, and McBride, imagine, a PG. or barely 11 minutes for Toppin.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 12:23:30 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22657 on: February 06, 2022, 11:16:51 AM »

Fun game.  Lost it on offense again.

Great fight with this group.  It will be a shame to break them up.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Jack Straw

• View Profile
Re: bloom is off the Rose
« Reply #22658 on: February 06, 2022, 11:52:46 AM »

At a fundamental level it's all about this. 

Other than being a feel good story, signing Kemba was a bad idea - wrong guy for the wrong coach at the wrong time in his career.  Rose not signing a starter quality PG is not unlike Cashman not signing a real shortstop last year for the Yankees and going with Gleyber instead - colossal failure.

And yes, Thibs rigidity is getting old.  I'm not on  the Mike Miller bandwagon, but Thibs needs to have his "come to Coughlin moment" and do a major course correct, what worked in last year's bizarro world season is ever so clearly not working now, and Rose needs to tell Thibs he needs to reboot in a big way...

And lastly, there is Leon Rose and co.  What a hash they made of things  last summer.  Much has been made of how signing a failed Celtic back court would not have the desired affect, and esp., would not be simpatico with their hand-picked coach, so no need to repeat.

That once again there is a voluminous disconnect between coach and FO is infuriating.  Rose has until what - Thurs. to rebalance the Knicks or consign this season to the dumpster.  That Rose started off with such promise and went downhill is so quickly quintessentially "Knicks."

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22659 on: February 06, 2022, 12:50:05 PM »

I have no problem with the take that signing a not 100 per cent Walker was not wise

But I dont think Leon expected TT to castrate Kemba either.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22660 on: February 06, 2022, 01:14:50 PM »

So...

Randle for Fox.

No interest at all (after Bo's brainwashing)?  If there is  interest, what else do we ask in the deal?  2 second rounders do it?

Note:  Mitchell playing well as a starter for Sac.  Picture  Randle playing with Barnes, Haliburton and Davion in the backcourt.  Holmes, Metu, etc.... Hield and Bagley still to deal.  (They are asking a lot for Barnes)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: bloom is off the Rose
« Reply #22661 on: February 06, 2022, 11:46:38 PM »

At a fundamental level it's all about this. 

Other than being a feel good story, signing Kemba was a bad idea - wrong guy for the wrong coach at the wrong time in his career.  Rose not signing a starter quality PG is not unlike Cashman not signing a real shortstop last year for the Yankees and going with Gleyber instead - colossal failure.

And yes, Thibs rigidity is getting old.  I'm not on  the Mike Miller bandwagon, but Thibs needs to have his "come to Coughlin moment" and do a major course correct, what worked in last year's bizarro world season is ever so clearly not working now, and Rose needs to tell Thibs he needs to reboot in a big way...

And lastly, there is Leon Rose and co.  What a hash they made of things  last summer.  Much has been made of how signing a failed Celtic back court would not have the desired affect, and esp., would not be simpatico with their hand-picked coach, so no need to repeat.

That once again there is a voluminous disconnect between coach and FO is infuriating.  Rose has until what - Thurs. to rebalance the Knicks or consign this season to the dumpster.  That Rose started off with such promise and went downhill is so quickly quintessentially "Knicks."

I am pretty sure Thibs was told from on high that he was going to start Kemba. I am hoping that if he was given that instruction, it was completed with at least through the deadline and then it is up to you. I will feel a lot lot better about management if that is the case. I am a little surprised we have not seen Kemba in an off the bench role. That might still be to come

There was a play against the Lakers while we were still up and they were hunting for mojo where Kemba, by virtue of being picked off his man, was in perfect box out position on AD a little below the free throw line as the shot went up. He released and stepped out of the Key freeing AD for the first or second of his monster follow slams of the evening. I want a point guard who boxes out in that situation. Kemba is small, but not small enough to hide bullshit like that.

We are getting to much of that from too many people this year. It leads me to suspect some acts of bad faith among the higher-ups.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22662 on: February 07, 2022, 12:24:19 AM »

Fox and Bagely for Randle and Fournier. Full on youth movement

Mitch Noel Gibson
Obi Bagely
RJ Burks Reddish
Grimes Quickley McBride
Fox Rose Kemba

Sims & Luca on two way deals.

I think that is enough, though i would still love to move Kemba.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22663 on: February 07, 2022, 02:52:31 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22664 on: February 07, 2022, 09:44:26 AM »

Fox and Bagley for Randle and Fournier.

Sounds like a Lose-Lose trade.
SacKings have the 29th ranked Defense.  So they're going to add Randle and FourEva?  Also, Fournier is a carbon copy of Hield.
At least Knix could claim to get a starting PG, albeit one that can't defend or make 3's.

The other day TyH had 17 assists. 

Scottie Barnes has been brilliant.  Made two clutch FT's to send a game into OT.  Two games later had the game winning tip in with 0.7 secs left.  Just does some of everything on both ends.  5th in the league  at 36 mins per game.  Top 5 = 4 Raps and Harden.  Barnes played over 50 mins in the 3OT game and was still productive and efficient til the end.

Hope to see some trades go down.  Kings and Blazers could do something substantial.  As for Knix, I'd like to see Fournier go and open time for Grimey and RedCam.  4Eva's value is fairly high right now.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 ... 1850