Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917245 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23865 on: June 15, 2022, 01:30:54 PM »

Not sure how many games it would win, but a helluva lot more fun to watch without Julius' sad sorry and lazy ass barking at refs, flipping off fans and refusing to run back on D.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23866 on: June 15, 2022, 04:16:09 PM »

I want in the FINAL 8.  In '22-'23   
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23867 on: June 15, 2022, 04:51:39 PM »

Me too.

But that's gonna take a surprise or too.

Facilitatorn, your pragmatic scenarios are ALL so damn dreary and joyless.

What pleasure do you get from thinking like this?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #23868 on: June 15, 2022, 05:05:05 PM »

Me too.

To dream the impossible dream.

Hey, a beat writer in the POST, fantasized today about the Knicks giving the Kings our #11, a handful of second rounders and [AND] Obi Toppin for the #4 pick.

June 24th cannot come soon enough

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23869 on: June 15, 2022, 05:25:58 PM »

Me too.

I like physically imposing agile defenders who can make heady plays in tight windows. I like teams that maintain effort and focus and realize they must be built of players who maintain effort and focus.

Everyone gets a year to scrap to earn expanded roles. I envision a team that can get up and down in a hurry and can provide constant pressure, good man coverage, and good help against two all stars at once, or three in a pinch.

I do not see our current top dogs salary wise being the foundation of a competitive team going forward. I do like the young guys we have assembled and I want to add players that can help them run other teams out of the gym.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23870 on: June 15, 2022, 06:04:56 PM »

Me too.

To dream the impossible dream.

Hey, a beat writer in the POST, fantasized today about the Knicks giving the Kings our #11, a handful of second rounders and [AND] Obi Toppin for the #4 pick.

June 24th cannot come soon enough

And we re-sign Mitch?  How about that?

Ivey/Rose
Barrett
Fournier
Randle
Robinson

Rose/Ivey
Quickley
Grimes/Burks
Reddish
Sims/Noel

chipstern

• View Profile
This Just In
« Reply #23871 on: June 15, 2022, 10:12:25 PM »

Rockets trade Christian Wood to the Mavericks for multiple role players with expiring deals in 2023 and the #26 pick. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 11:55:11 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23872 on: June 16, 2022, 08:28:29 AM »

So...is this a 4 player draft?  I never like to separate prospects like this but if there is a huge fall off after Ivey and Kings dont really want Ivey, plus players 5-14 can be lumped together somewhat isn't it quite apparent there is a deal to be made between Sac and NY?  Better move is for Kings to move up of course.  Look at Banchero or the Gonzaga kid.  Interesting week ahead.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23873 on: June 16, 2022, 08:50:12 AM »

Would also think there is a deal to be had with Suns for Ayton but we would need to surrender number 11 pick.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:23:35 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23874 on: June 16, 2022, 11:23:12 AM »

Brogdon a "negative value contract"

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1721427/

chipstern

• View Profile
Scenarios
« Reply #23875 on: June 16, 2022, 01:14:17 PM »

A younger healthier version of Malcolm Brogdan would surely illuminate our Xmas tree. 

However, in light of Facil and Knicks fans obsession with dumping Evan Fournier's execrable "long term contract" [two more years remaining till fourth year team option, at $18,000,000, $18,857,143, $19,000,000, I find it positively ludicrous that Brogdan is even being seriously discussed. 

I mean, KRIPES NO

At the risk of repeating myself, MB is a talented player, and basically put up very respectable 19-5-6 numbers for the Pacers this past season, shooting .856% from the FT line. 

HowFuckingSOeVER.   His 3 point shooting plummetted to .312% and since being traded to the Pacers over the past three season he has only been on the floor for 54-56-36 games, though COVID factors in, somewhat.   

And seeing as how some of us are so very obsessed with execrable long term contracts, would it be churlish of me to point out that Brogdon will be 30 [THIRTY] this coming December, and is GAURANTEED $22,600,000, $22,500,000, $22,500,000 through the 2024-2025 season. 

PASS

As per Facil's latest super trade, in which we surrender Randle and Fournier plus our #11, for Harrison Barnes and the #4?

Doesn't work.  If Moe Harkless was included, the numbers work.

Barnes is a combo SF/PF who has been listed as a PF these past couple of years.  Just turned 30, and is in the final year of his contract at $18,352,273 while Harkless, a career scrub [an offensive cipher, but a solid defender] just turned 29 and is in the final year of his contract at $4,564,980

Thibs would love them both, as it would give him an excuse to never let Cam Reddish off the bench. 

So...

As for Ayton?  A DEAL TO BE HAD?  I didn't realize Kiid smoked weed.  Always took him to be more a Bud Light/Boone's Farm kind of guy, but clearly he is high as a motherfucker if he thinks that our #11 pick even gets us a sniff of the young center's jock strap.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt, let's presume he did not fully flesh out his dream scenario. 

AGAIN...

I am not opposed to the idea of exploring deals for Julius and Evan, NOT AT ALL, but I was mortally offended by the notion of trading Julius for the #7 pick and Eric Bledsoe, who turns 33 in December, and whose best seasons are well behind him.  WinWin?  Tell me about the rabbits, George. 

Is it remotely possible that Julius, who insists he wants to be a Knick, might enjoy a bounce back year?  Or that Evan, a good character guy, might profit from the experience of 2021-2022? 

Could be, which would only enhance their "trade value." 

AGAIN...

The Knicks' front office has not in any way, shape or form tipped their hand, vis a vis, any possible moves with a week [EIGHT DAYS A WEEK, oooooh ooooh ooooh I love you] to go. 

OBVIOUSLY Jaden Ivey at #4 would be our dream date [presuming he drops to #4]. 

Doable? 

And while the Mitchell Robinson drama has yet to play out, at the very least, HE IS NO LONGER ON A SLOW BOAT TO CHINA, let alone the Dallas Mavericks, having just traded for BoD love child CHRISTIAN WOOD.  Charlotte?  They figure to get a tenable center with their #13 or #15 picks [assuming Duren and Williams are still there].  Mitchell's home town [more or less] of New Orleans?  They have Jonas Valanciunas and Jaxon Hayes. 

DETROIT?  Now that's a thought.  

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23876 on: June 16, 2022, 02:06:34 PM »

As for Ayton?  A DEAL TO BE HAD?  I didn t realize Kiid smoked weed.  Always took him to be more a Bud Light Boone s Farm kind of guy, but clearly he is high as a motherfucker if he thinks that our  11 pick even gets us a sniff of the young center s jock strap.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt, let s presume he did not fully flesh out his dream scenario.

shhhhh.....

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Scenarios
« Reply #23877 on: June 16, 2022, 05:45:41 PM »

As per Facil's latest super trade, in which we surrender Randle and Fournier plus our #11, for Harrison Barnes and the #4?

Doesn't work.  If Moe Harkless was included, the numbers work.

Barnes is a combo SF/PF who has been listed as a PF these past couple of years.  Just turned 30, and is in the final year of his contract at $18,352,273 while Harkless, a career scrub [an offensive cipher, but a solid defender] just turned 29 and is in the final year of his contract at $4,564,980

Thibs would love them both, as it would give him an excuse to never let Cam Reddish off the bench. 

That is a dream, but not mine. I do not hate it.

I had Jules and Evan going for Bledsoe, exception, and the seventh pick , then waving goodbye to all but 3.8 million of Bledsoe salary or whatever the exact figure of his guarantee is.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23878 on: June 16, 2022, 05:58:25 PM »

Nobody cares about the NBA.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

chipstern

• View Profile
Hmmmm
« Reply #23879 on: June 16, 2022, 06:09:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 1848