Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1591 1592 [1593] 1594 1595 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917040 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
high as a motherfucker
« Reply #23880 on: June 16, 2022, 10:15:58 PM »

As for Ayton?  A DEAL TO BE HAD?  I didn t realize Kiid smoked weed.  Always took him to be more a Bud Light Boone s Farm kind of guy, but clearly he is high as a motherfucker if he thinks that our  11 pick even gets us a sniff of the young center s jock strap.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt, let s presume he did not fully flesh out his dream scenario.

shhhhh.....

Chip, Chamaco does not get high with weed. He is high allright, but what gets him going is sniffing Trumptins behind.

Afraid Boston is a goner. Sorry about that, Bank.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: high as a motherfucker
« Reply #23881 on: June 17, 2022, 12:39:56 AM »

As for Ayton?  A DEAL TO BE HAD?  I didn t realize Kiid smoked weed.  Always took him to be more a Bud Light Boone s Farm kind of guy, but clearly he is high as a motherfucker if he thinks that our  11 pick even gets us a sniff of the young center s jock strap.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt, let s presume he did not fully flesh out his dream scenario.

shhhhh.....

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Congrats to the Warriors and their fans.

Celts had a great year, but played a poor series against the Warriors.

I don't feel like doing a post-mortem tonight, but the offense after game 3 fell apart, I think Tatum and Smart played hurt, and they got nothing (actually less than nothing from the bench.

Its hard to believe that they were up 5 with 3 minutes to play and in a great position to take a 3-1 series lead. But...

They're young and very talented, they'll be back
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 12:42:30 AM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23882 on: June 17, 2022, 12:48:11 AM »

True dat.

No reason to shake the boat in Boston.

I hope they run it back.

No ring for Kornet though. I would have liked if he got one like Thanasis did.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile

shhhhh.....

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Congrats to the Warriors and their fans.

Celts had a great year, but played a poor series against the Warriors.

I don't feel like doing a post-mortem tonight, but the offense after game 3 fell apart, I think Tatum and Smart played hurt, and they got nothing (actually less than nothing from the bench.

Its hard to believe that they were up 5 with 3 minutes to play and in a great position to take a 3-1 series lead. But...

They're young and very talented, they'll be back

Hey, they made it to the NBA FINALS, which as they say, ain't exactly chopped liver. 

And beat some damn good teams to get there. Of course they had a little luck.   

Bitch slapped the Head Case Kyrie/Simmons-less Nyets, and went seven with the reigning champs, the Bucks [albeit minus Khris Middleton], and finally, the beast of the East, the Heat [albeit with Kyle Lowry doing his best Spanky from Our Gang/Lil Rascals physical fitness dance]. 

People talking about how poorly Tatum and Brown played. 

Uh huh.  No Sale. 

You want to talk about defense?  Celtics prided themselves on defense. 

Then Jayson and Jaylen ran into Andrew Wiggins and Draymond Green. 

Celtics have a star in the making in Robert Williams, who played most of the playoffs on half a leg. 

Marcus Smart, defensive player of the year.

Al Horford, sweet bird of youth. 

Grant Williams.  Payton Pritchard.  Derek White. 

Not too shabby.   

But they played a deep Warriors team with a core of quality players who've been there, doine that, led by a certifiable hall of famer in Steph Curry [34], alpha male Draymond Green [32], back in the saddle/on the upswing Klay Thompson [32], and in Andrew Wiggins [27], a player who was nurtured by a mature veteran system, and not being tasked with carrying a team, damn near carried a team

Excellent role players and veterans in Looney [26], Porter [29] , Igoudala [38], Payton [29]. 

They drafted and traded well, kept their veteran core together, turned Kevin Durant's inexplicable career hissy fit into sign and trade plunder [D'Angelo Russell], and turned that plunder into Andrew Wiggins and a lottery pick. 

They resisted the urge to cash in their assets on the proverbial SHINY OBJECT, were heady in their pursuit of vet value [such as the oft injured Otto Porter, who at $25 million a year is kind of a drag, but at a roughly $2.4 million veteran deal, a money in the bank sniper for a reclamation-priced roll of the dice]. 

And now, AND NOW, having not pursued the proverbial Carmelo Anthony Shiny Object, and traded away their young assets, have an insane core of gifted, on-the-rise puppies. 

Jordon Poole [23]
James Wiseman [21]
Moses Moody [20]
Jonathan Kuminga [19]

I mean fuck me

PS: File This Under Karma/To Be A Knicks Fan Is To Suffer.  Knicks were one lousy draft pick away from Steph Curry.  And our execrable savior Phil Jackson wanted Steve Kerr, but Steve sensed he would be naught but Phil's stunt double in New York, and fired inside of two years, and so, four championships later? 

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:29:32 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23884 on: June 17, 2022, 01:46:00 PM »

Nobody cares about the NBA.

Games - well...they are done

Draft?  Sure.  Very much.

Be well.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23885 on: June 17, 2022, 02:57:04 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23886 on: June 17, 2022, 03:13:59 PM »

An now -  a darkhorse pick for the Knicks to go with Santa Clara's WILLIAMS and Ohio State's BRANHAM

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2022/6/16/23167605/2022-nba-draft-scouting-report-nikola-jovic-offense-defense-stats-analysis-fit-atlanta-hawks

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23887 on: June 17, 2022, 06:54:34 PM »

Do not mind trading back for Williams and someone else. Hard pass on Branham. Maybe on his second contract if he develops his game.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23888 on: June 18, 2022, 04:24:55 PM »

Always a fun week as the rumors roll in on dealing picks and which established NBA guys might be available

Monte Morris is in NY's wheelhouse.

chipstern

• View Profile
Thanks...But No Thanks
« Reply #23889 on: June 18, 2022, 06:46:05 PM »

Kenny Atkinson just bailed on the Charlotte Hornets. 

Remaining in Golden State as Steve Kerr's #2, stepping in to the post held by Mike Brown, who is now the head coach of the Kings. 

Pretty odd move.  Leaves Hornets in a lurch, coming back hat in hand to rejected finalists Mike D'Antoni and Terry Stotts. 

As I recall, Atkinson was BoD's first choice over Thibs in our coaching derby.  Did a nice job on the Nyets, who dumped him before he had an opportunity to coach Durant.  ODD. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23890 on: June 18, 2022, 09:25:13 PM »

I think D'Antoni will gladly take it.

Shoud be incredible what he can do with LaMelo.

Brentwood Mitch gets lucky.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23891 on: June 18, 2022, 09:26:33 PM »

As for Mike Brown and the Kings...

Yawn........

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23892 on: June 18, 2022, 09:41:43 PM »

Meanwhile Lakers will start their assistant coach search using "guys that Darvin knows" as guideline

heh

Brad Turner Sources Jordan Ott, an assistant coach with Nets, is a candidate to be an assistant coach for Lakers head coach Darvin Ham. The two have a history together when Ott was a video coordinator with Hawks when Ham was an assistant coach on the staff.  via Twitter BA  Turner

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23893 on: June 18, 2022, 09:52:58 PM »

Knicks trying to deal nerlens so they can just pay Mitch whatever (assuming Robinson doesnt want out of NY no matter what).

But get those Knicks-Bulls deals ready in case

Robinson to Chicago in a sign and trade for

????

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1591 1592 [1593] 1594 1595 ... 1848