Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145939 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24210 on: July 09, 2022, 09:28:21 PM »

When I hear the Knicks are in talks, I think of World Wide Wes not Thibs. I do not see the Heat having anything in the Cam salary range we would want.

Detroit needs to get off its ass and file some paperwork already.

Reddish for Herro?

Fournier & Reddish for Duncan Robinson?

Meh

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Warriors Sitting Pretty
« Reply #24211 on: July 09, 2022, 09:30:14 PM »

Warriors took some hits in free agency. 

Gary Payton, Jr. 

That hurt. 

But lo and behold, they've got MOSES MOODY [20].

They lost Otto Porter.

That hurt.

But lo and behold, they've got JONATHAN KUMINGA [19].

They lost Nemanja Bjelica.

But lo and behold, they've got JAMES WISEMAN[20]. 

They lost Juan-Toscano Anderson.

But lo and behold, they just signed all purpose ex-Villinova shooting guard, the stalwart Donte DiVincenzo [25], who also boards and distributes.

They drafted big SF-PF Patrick Baldwin Jr [19], who fell in their laps at #28, with the Warriors having the luxury of slowly nurturing him into their system, behind the likes of Draymond Green, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Looney and Jonathan Kuminga. 

They re-upped all purpose big Kevon Looney [26]. 

The 6'7" Andrew Wiggins [27] is in the last year of his contract at $33 million, coming off of a breakthrough year and playoff run. 

The 6'4" Jordan Poole [23] is a shooting guard who boards, defends, facilitates, and gets to the line, having converted at an astounding .925% clip [246-266]. 

I have read where the Nyets have hit the Warriors up for Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, James Wiseman, Jonathan Kuminga and [AND!] draft capital in exchange for Kevin Durant. 

Dream ON, Brooklyn.

The teams are requesting offers.

Nets just stating the cost.  Not really a negotiation.

Someone will say yes or Nets will be quite good.

Nyets are not obliged to accede to KD's demands. 

He's a pro.  With a four year contract. 

Maybe the Nyets do what Daryl Morey did with Simmons, which was just to wait him out. 

KD No Play?

No Get Paid. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24212 on: July 09, 2022, 09:30:28 PM »

When I hear the Knicks are in talks, I think of World Wide Wes not Thibs. I do not see the Heat having anything in the Cam salary range we would want.

Detroit in on....

MILES

BRIDGES

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24213 on: July 09, 2022, 09:54:03 PM »

Finishing, live handle, passing and defense are all strong skills. He hustles and reads the floor well. I have no problem keeping him on the two way and seeing how he develops. He is a good guy for rotation players to work against even if he never makes our rotation.

I heard Fournier has accepted and looks forward to his bench role this season. I do not know if that means Grimes or Reddish is likely to start ahead of him.

I've definitely been hoping Grimes would make the leap and be a starter this year. But figured it would come later than sooner.

What do you mean you've heard this? From whom?

chipstern

• View Profile
NOT
« Reply #24214 on: July 09, 2022, 10:26:02 PM »

Detroit in on....

MILES

BRIDGES

Not any more it would seem.  Bridges really queered his career. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Poop
« Reply #24215 on: July 09, 2022, 10:28:28 PM »

Finishing, live handle, passing and defense are all strong skills. He hustles and reads the floor well. I have no problem keeping him on the two way and seeing how he develops. He is a good guy for rotation players to work against even if he never makes our rotation.

I heard Fournier has accepted and looks forward to his bench role this season. I do not know if that means Grimes or Reddish is likely to start ahead of him.

I've definitely been hoping Grimes would make the leap and be a starter this year. But figured it would come later than sooner.

What do you mean you've heard this? From whom?

For what it's worth...

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24216 on: July 09, 2022, 11:31:30 PM »

It may be wishful thinking.

This guy tries to get into why it makes sense

http://youtu.be/dK2ig0FILW8

Grimes gives us all the offensive production plus defense, passing, and rebounding.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24217 on: July 09, 2022, 11:41:18 PM »

Summer Rockets beat the summer Thunder. Smith stops Giddy at the buzzer. I did not make the trip this year because it is beautiful here and hot as fuck in Vegas and I have too much to do anyway.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Cam On The Half Shell
« Reply #24218 on: July 09, 2022, 11:49:16 PM »

What is Thibs thinking?  Why does he have such a hard on for Reddish?

Maybe it turns out TT wanted to keep KK?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: NOT
« Reply #24219 on: July 10, 2022, 10:42:14 AM »

Detroit in on....

MILES

BRIDGES

Not any more it would seem.  Bridges really queered his career.

yep, my bad - headline was old and I didnt have time to check - thanks
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Monday? Monday?
« Reply #24220 on: July 10, 2022, 01:12:03 PM »

Marc Stein signals that Monday is likely the earliest the Knicks formally sign Jalen Brunson. 

Outright, with cap space, no sign and trades. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 01:52:41 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Quentin
« Reply #24221 on: July 10, 2022, 01:59:19 PM »

Spent his second summer in a row working with mentor big brother Penny Hardaway, with an eye towards becoming a better point guard. 

"Because that's what I was in High School."

Had 8 assists on opening night of summer league. 

So far

So GOOD

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24222 on: July 10, 2022, 02:13:41 PM »

It looks like we have a guard rotation that knows what it is doing, can play with force, and hold up physically.

It also looks like Jules has slimmed down. Could this presage Jules and Obi lineups at PF and SF with Hartenstein possibly as a huge five out frontcourt?

I just hope we are good. Once we extend RJ, we will be expensive even in this league.

chipstern

• View Profile
Depolying Our Depth [A Positive Pussy's Perspective]
« Reply #24223 on: July 10, 2022, 02:52:25 PM »

It looks like we have a guard rotation that knows what it is doing, can play with force, and hold up physically.

It also looks like Jules has slimmed down. Could this presage Jules and Obi lineups at PF and SF with Hartenstein possibly as a huge five out frontcourt?

I just hope we are good. Once we extend RJ, we will be expensive even in this league.

I'm with you.  And you might add, capable of facilitating, as are RJ, Fournier and IQ.  INTERESTING.  Hartenstein is a very adept facilitator, and even being a moody, talk to himself, take a step back motherfucker last season, Julius was still good for 20-10-5 a night.  Less pounding, more passing, quicker more decisive decisions, IT IS NOT BEYOND THE REALM OF POSSIBILITY.  Ditto RJ.

Thibs DID ACTUALLY try out Julius and Obi a few times in the last stanzas of 2021-22. 

The notion that Julius and Obi can't play together or play small ball 5, is suspect. 

Yes, Thibs likes big rim protectors, and injuries notwithstansing, we are pretty fucking deep at the 5. 

Given the surfeit of young, athletic players, and a lack of vets, creative ways of coming up with playing time for the likes of Obi and IQ and Cam need to be explored. 

Situational matchups, let alone finding playing time after Obi & IQ's eye opening final performances.  Cam as also coming on strong when he got hurt. 

Yes Yes, the defensive limitations of Julius and Obi. 

Still...

No reason Julius cannot play 5-4 with Obi.  Or vicea versa.  I mean, they are both Taj Gibson's size, and while obviously a more experienced players, but dig. 

Jericho [6'10" 245]
Taj [6'9", 235]
Obi [6'9", 220]
Julius [6'8" 250]
Cam [6'8" 218] 

Wayne Embry was 6'8" 240
Zelmo Beaty was 6'9" 225
Wes Unseld was 6'7" 245
Dave Cowens was 6'9" 230
Maurice Lucas [6'9" 215]
Draymond Green IS 6'6" 230, and often played/guarded the 5 spot. 

As for Obi at the 3, he might indeed be challenged to guard some small forwards, but that's a two way street, and they have to D up on him as well. 

Cam has the size and wingspan and athleticms not only to play SF but to double at PF and SG. 

Supect we will see Hartenstein get some minutes at the stretch 4, though those are Obi's minutes to win. 

We are deep, Deep, DEEP. 

DEEP enough, in fact, that when the Knicks waived TAJ, they were hoping/planning to bring him back on the vet's minimum, but Gibson thought he could get more minutes playing for the Wizards.  Kristaps is an IR in waiting, but Wiz just signed ex-Dukie/Hornets Vernon Carey [6'9", 270], and Daniel Gafford [6'9" 234, and who was a shot blocking machine in games against the Knicks].   

C: Robinson [24], Hartenstein [24], Sims [23]

PF: Randle [27], Toppin [24]

SF: Barrett [22], Reddish [22], Hunt [23]

SG: Fournier [29], Grimes [22], Quickley [23], Keels [18]

PG: Brunson [26], Rose [33], McBride [21]

The more I look at this roster, the more I like us going in to 2022-23. 

We all know that THIBS is STUBBORN. 

But TT ain't stupid.
Rose, Fournier, Randle and Brunson are our vets.  We have a cornocopia of young talent, with a year or two or three behind them, many capable of playing multiple positions, many capable of being serious defenders...

We have an interesting narrative going forward.   As you suggested, Julius would appear to be in incredible condition, and you've got to figure he wants to wash away the aroma of last season, and Thibs would seem to have the complementary pieces to help him get to his next level of maturity and growth, which as per RJ and Quentin and Deuce and Obi, irrespective of their minutes, is about being a defensive BEAST, and maxing out their FACILITATING skills. 

LET THE COMPETITION BEGIN
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 03:09:15 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Summer League
« Reply #24224 on: July 10, 2022, 05:35:19 PM »

DEFENSE
Pages: 1 ... 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 ... 1861