Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1629 1630 [1631] 1632 1633 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918374 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Focus Vs. Fuckus
« Reply #24450 on: July 29, 2022, 01:07:06 PM »

With salaries where they are at these days, Fournier's is not a bad contract.  It is especially good in that we have a team option for year three which we can pick up and use in a deal - if available.

(NOW - of course for the 18-19 mil we do not want a repeat of the 12 PER performance - I get that.  I do think thee FT percentage was an outlier to his career - and factored into the lower PER  - should get back closer to 80+%)

Fan PRESSURE is a terrible reason to make a trade.

God, but I hate a dummy

Having no reliable, real rudder at PG, first with a ball dominant Kemba, then a gimpy Rose, and finally a game but mismatched Burks, we saw poor starts from RJ and IQ, wild inconsistency from Julius and Evan.  Things never quite meshed. 

I thought [well, hoped, for sure] that we were getting the Evan Fournier of the French Olympic team, who was a pretty dynamic performer. 

The CHEMISTRY on our team in 2021-22 was substantially undermined compared to the 2020-21 team, ironically enough, by cutting Theo Pinson loose, whose contribution was one of spirit as much as anything, which he went to do with significant impact for the Dallas Mavericks.  Reggie Bullock for Fournier was a wash in terms of talent, and while Fournier was a more versatile offensive creator off the bounce, we certainly missed Bullock's D, though he was not particularly adept offensively at anything other than catch and shoot, which in a bake off between Evan and Reggie was pretty much a wash.  And while Dawg never tires of mocking on Elfrid Payton, and his deficiencies were many and manifest, he could defend and get to the rack: some of Julius diminuition in terms of stats and consistency, stem from the lack of chemistry he rolled with in 2020-21 with Reggie and Elfrid. 

Again, I love Donovan Mitchell, but I think the steady beat of the drums in favor of going all in on bringing him to NY is a very bad idea. 

Ainge is looking to max out any deal, as well he might, but I really respect Grimes [his size and strength, his defense and his nascent playmaking skills, let alone how he can shoot when in the moment]; I feel like RJ, Quickley and Toppin's heads are in a good place coming off of how they ended up last season. 

And the steady chorus of negativity towards Randle.  He brought a lot of that on himself, but I think running him out of town on a rail is lame.  I expect him to come into training camp psyched as a MF. 

The ripple effect of having Brunson as a clear cut leader coming into camp, the return of Rose, and the stability of having most of the key pieces, both established  plus up and coming back from last year, betokens a level of chemistry that I am surely wont to disrupt. 

Again, regarding Mitchell, he is a great talent, and you have to give to get, but Ainge looks at the Knicks and sees all day suckers, much as he did with Billy King and the Nets, much as Masai Ujiri did in both the Anthony and Barganani transactions. 

I am quite pleased that the Knicks have remained prudent and patient, and did not fold up like a cheap suitcase for Ainge's BS. 

Nary a peep out of Thibs this whole while, but I suspect that signing of Brunson and Hartenstein, the return of Mitchell Robinson and Rose, and his clear emotional/spiritual investment in RJ and Julius, let alone Grimes, IQ and Toppin, is such that I'm not feelng a sense of urgency by Thibs to break it all up and go back to square one.  We have depth and character and talent from top to bottom.  Enough to get us into the TOP 6 of the East.  Well, that might be a bit bold, but for me the next step is consistency and competitive focus.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24451 on: July 29, 2022, 02:16:17 PM »

The ripple effect of having Brunson as a clear cut leader coming into camp, the return of Rose, and the stability of having most of the key pieces, both established  plus up and coming back from last year, betokens a level of chemistry that I am surely wont to disrupt.

Adding Mitchell wont allow Brunson to lead.

Ok, I can believe that.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Oy Vey
« Reply #24452 on: July 29, 2022, 04:24:24 PM »

Here is a move I would consider proposing to Charlotte,

Randle and Rose for Hayward and Washington and a protected first.

Mitch Hartenstein Sims
Obi PJ
RJ Reddish Hayward
Grimes Fournier
Brunson Quickley McBride

And we would still have an exception left to do something at the margins.

Gordon Hayward has played 52, 44, 49 games the past three seasons.  Due $30, $31 million over the next two seasons. 

But we're upset about Fournier's contract.

Swell idea.

PS: I like PJ Washington

Hayward may or may not be great for us, but he is off the books two years ahead of Randle. Washington makes a cheaper, more manageable, productive replacement.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Oy Vey
« Reply #24453 on: July 29, 2022, 05:01:43 PM »

Here is a move I would consider proposing to Charlotte,

Randle and Rose for Hayward and Washington and a protected first.

Mitch Hartenstein Sims
Obi PJ
RJ Reddish Hayward
Grimes Fournier
Brunson Quickley McBride

And we would still have an exception left to do something at the margins.

Gordon Hayward has played 52, 44, 49 games the past three seasons.  Due $30, $31 million over the next two seasons. 

But we're upset about Fournier's contract.

Swell idea.

PS: I like PJ Washington

Hayward may or may not be great for us, but he is off the books two years ahead of Randle. Washington makes a cheaper, more manageable, productive replacement.

So
Fucking
What

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24454 on: July 29, 2022, 05:41:36 PM »

Dont see any reason Hayward wont play well.  For us or the Hornets.

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Focus Vs. Fuckus
« Reply #24455 on: July 29, 2022, 05:48:43 PM »

Nary a peep out of Thibs this whole while, but I suspect that signing of Brunson and Hartenstein, the return of Mitchell Robinson and Rose, and his clear emotional/spiritual investment in RJ and Julius, let alone Grimes, IQ and Toppin, is such that I'm not feelng a sense of urgency by Thibs to break it all up and go back to square one.  We have depth and character and talent from top to bottom.  Enough to get us into the TOP 6 of the East.  Well, that might be a bit bold, but for me the next step is consistency and competitive focus.   

I'm down with most of this, save for the fact that Thibs holds some real responsibility for how it played out with Julius.

But the point is, this is exactly why I'm feeling good about the current situation where we may, or may not, get Donovan Mitchell. There's all this clamor about Danny Ainge fleecing the desperate Knicks. Where is that desperation? As a fan I don't feel it. And I haven't seen anything reflecting desperation from the front office.

We have a better team than last year! On several fronts! Brunson is fabulous (I was whining about not having a point guard all season). And Hartenstein isn't just a serviceable vet, the dude might yet become exceptional. Then we got the rising play of Grimes and Obi, et al.

We can negotiate from a position of strength. Knicks rarely get to do that. If we don't like the deal, fuck it.

And that's coming from someone who wants to see Mitchell here.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24456 on: July 29, 2022, 05:54:11 PM »

Dont see any reason Hayward wont play well.  For us or the Hornets.

82 games in a season.

That comes to 246 games over three seasons.

In the last three season he has played 145 games.

Played well, when he's played at all.

Gimme a break.  Or should I suggest if there is something to break, GH will  surely break it.

Maybe we can offer a two way contract to Greg Oden while we are at it. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Focus Vs. Fuckus
« Reply #24457 on: July 29, 2022, 05:58:12 PM »

I'm down with most of this, save for the fact that Thibs holds some real responsibility for how it played out with Julius.

But the point is, this is exactly why I'm feeling good about the current situation where we may, or may not, get Donovan Mitchell. There's all this clamor about Danny Ainge fleecing the desperate Knicks. Where is that desperation? As a fan I don't feel it. And I haven't seen anything reflecting desperation from the front office.

We have a better team than last year! On several fronts! Brunson is fabulous (I was whining about not having a point guard all season). And Hartenstein isn't just a serviceable vet, the dude might yet become exceptional. Then we got the rising play of Grimes and Obi, et al.

We can negotiate from a position of strength. Knicks rarely get to do that. If we don't like the deal, fuck it.

And that's coming from someone who wants to see Mitchell here.

Word

chipstern

• View Profile
Facil
« Reply #24458 on: July 29, 2022, 10:51:51 PM »

I have a new toy for you to play with. 

Apparently--well, make that supposedly--Washington and Charlotte are in talks with Utah. 

Do your worst, Trader Vic.  Wiz have some young depth that might appeal to Ainge.  But Charlotte has that Hayward contract, though I would be hard pressed to imagine Ainge taking him back with Mitchell out the door.  Pointless. 

In the meantime, "NBA INSIDER" Shams Charania maintains that there have been no discussions in two weeks between the Jazz & Knicks. 

PRAISE THE LORD. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24459 on: July 30, 2022, 12:47:09 AM »

Washington does not have the draft capital. Their 25, 27, and 29 is the best they can do. They also do not have enough useful young pieces.

Charlotte can do Denver 23 lotto protected, their 25, 27, and 29 plus Rozier, Bouknight, and Williams. Not sure that satisfies Ainge.

We can outbid them both but should decline to do so.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24460 on: July 30, 2022, 10:57:42 AM »

Price isn't coming down

Knicks would have pulled the trigger already if they absolutely loved Mitchell.

This is OVER.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24461 on: July 30, 2022, 02:21:27 PM »

Washington does not have the draft capital. Their 25, 27, and 29 is the best they can do. They also do not have enough useful young pieces.

Charlotte can do Denver 23 lotto protected, their 25, 27, and 29 plus Rozier, Bouknight, and Williams. Not sure that satisfies Ainge.

We can outbid them both but should decline to do so.

This is likely old news, but checking out my daily rumors, under the heading of no Knicks Jazz contact in two weeks...all Ainge was asking?

Grimes, Toppin, Quickley, McBride and six #1 picks.

Uh Huh

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24462 on: July 30, 2022, 11:11:17 PM »

Price isn't coming down

This is OVER.

From your lips to Gods ears.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24463 on: July 31, 2022, 11:34:00 AM »

Mark Jackson was among a group of current and former NBA players in Manhattan on Tuesday for the premiere of NYC Point Gods, a documentary from Kevin Durant about the history and cultural impact of top lead guards from New York City in the 1980s and 1990s. During an appearance on the red carpet Tuesday, Jackson took a few questions from reporters. One question Does he ever think about what the Knicks could have done if they didnt trade him?  Well I do believe that we win a championship, said Jackson, who was traded to the Clippers in a three team deal that sent Doc Rivers and Charles Smith to New York in 1993.  We had a great team, we had a process moving along, we advanced. We had the ultimate champs on the ropes. So I believe we win a championship if that team stays together.  But I am sure if you ask the opposition, they believe they win anyway.         

Nice.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24464 on: July 31, 2022, 12:43:29 PM »

Price isn't coming down

This is OVER.

From your lips to Gods ears.

GOOD

👍
Pages: 1 ... 1629 1630 [1631] 1632 1633 ... 1848