Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1645 1646 [1647] 1648 1649 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145289 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24690 on: August 26, 2022, 04:25:01 AM »

I will be happy if Brunson and Rose as on floor team leaders can get Julius to adjust his game to focus on quick decisions and trust and refining his strengths and always presenting him with a better option than spinning into the lane. I think that will actually have more to do with it than coaching. IQ can probably pick up on it, but the guys with the juice, seniority, and responsibility are Brunson and Rose.

Getting Randle to play D in a way that he and Obi can coexist is more on the coaching staff and any improvements by Obi. That seems harder to imagine coming together.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24691 on: August 26, 2022, 04:38:26 AM »

Because I have time, one more trade

If Jay Huff will agree, I would accept Jay Huff, Westbrook, and the 2027 first round pick the Lakers can give us top five protected and top three protected in 28 if 27 does not convey for Julius and Evan.

I would then buyout Westbrook.

We would have

Mitch Hartenstein Sims
Toppin Huff
Barrett Reddish
Grimes Quickley
Brunson Rose McBride

It would leave three spots open to pickup guys we can take flyers on and opens up huge cap space next summer while increasing our stock of picks.

The lakers would Have

AD, Randle, LBJ, Fournier, and Beverley to start with Nun, Bryant, and Christie as the core of their bench.

I think that is probably the least the Lakers would have to give up and the most they could get back if they want to move off Russ.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 04:42:32 AM by facilitatorn »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24692 on: August 26, 2022, 06:18:54 AM »

Because I have time, one more trade

If Jay Huff will agree, I would accept Jay Huff, Westbrook, and the 2027 first round pick the Lakers can give us top five protected and top three protected in 28 if 27 does not convey for Julius and Evan.

I would then buyout Westbrook.

We would have

Mitch Hartenstein Sims
Toppin Huff
Barrett Reddish
Grimes Quickley
Brunson Rose McBride

It would leave three spots open to pickup guys we can take flyers on and opens up huge cap space next summer while increasing our stock of picks.

The lakers would Have

AD, Randle, LBJ, Fournier, and Beverley to start with Nun, Bryant, and Christie as the core of their bench.

I think that is probably the least the Lakers would have to give up and the most they could get back if they want to move off Russ.

This would be a dream date for the Lakers, an unprecendeted return for a player they do not want. 

A salary dump?  This is the best we can do for two starters.

Jay FUCKING Huff? 

Jay MOTHERFUCKING Huff?

We share a mutual contempt for Danny Ainge's shakedowns, and then you concoct this plan to return the Lakers to the Western Conference Finals. 

Frankly dear fellow, you confound me. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24693 on: August 26, 2022, 09:24:52 AM »

LA has Beverley to run its show

Westbrook about to leave for two rotation guys.  Imagine that

Now what they could use is one more handler.  Maybe a guy who can hot a three run the floor and get his own shot.

QUICKLEY for a usable front court guy and a protected pick.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24694 on: August 26, 2022, 10:32:41 AM »

Instead of trading Julius Randle coach him on how and when to give up the fucking ball. Add a contract rider with bonus incentives for assists...
.welcome back from your slumber

Under Thibs, Randle,  who is a 3.6 assists per guy for his career ,  has put up 6.0 and 5.1 assists the past 2 campaigns..

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24695 on: August 26, 2022, 02:04:41 PM »

Instead of trading Julius Randle coach him on how and when to give up the fucking ball. Add a contract rider with bonus incentives for assists...
.welcome back from your slumber

Under Thibs, Randle,  who is a 3.6 assists per guy for his career ,  has put up 6.0 and 5.1 assists the past 2 campaigns..

Cool

I think he would be a killer if he did not force the issue and passed out of the double more often.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #24696 on: August 26, 2022, 03:40:41 PM »

Giving Randle a bonus for assists is just encouraging to handle the ball more.

NO thank you.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
AintItAsHAMAN Speaks
« Reply #24697 on: August 26, 2022, 03:40:56 PM »

I understand the feral passion of some mad dawgs to offload JR, and to reclaim cap space with EF. 

Nor am I opposed to a real deal. 

But the notion of offloading two front line players for a basket of shit, and in the process giving the fucking Lakers a free ride to the playoffs really fries my onions. 

To me, the notion of "Clearing Cap Space" is utterly offensive, as is GIFTING the Lakers two front line players for ZERO RETURN. 

We bring on Westbrook to buy him out?  FUCK THAT.  Russell, like Julius is coming off a year which is most def subpar based on the bar he has himself raised, and 18.5-7.4-7.1 is still pretty respectable, though in Westbrook's case, he is going to be 34 in November, while Julius will be 27.  Russell is still a player who can make a contribution to the right team, and we're going to facilitate that for nothing, Facil?  The most telling stat is to compare last year with RW's Big O year at 28 in 2016-2017, when he averaged a triple double [31.6-10.7-10.4] had his best 3-PT % [.343%], and his best FT% [.845% based on 10.4 attempts per game].  His FT% last season with the Lakers was .667% based on 5.1 attempts per game.  So clearly he is on the downside of his career. 

Now, as per our Julius, and the dismissive negative cheerleading of one chuckling Lester The Insult Comic Dawg, the cratering of Julius's 3-PT shooting from 2020-21 to 2021-22 [from a freaky .411% to a ghastly .308] is most concerning, as in, WILL THE REAL JULIUS RANDLE PLEASE STEP UP.  Obviously, the main difference between 2020-21 and 2021-22 is that in 2020-21, Julius was feeding off of Payton-Rose, while in 2021-22 WE HAD NO FUCKING POINT GUARD.  Also, as per Nate McMillian and the Hawks, they provided the league a template for how to defend Julius, and Thibs's NO PG response, and his insistance on tasking JR with being a Point Forward, did not do Julius any favors--nor did his often petulant responses to negativity, which has left a lingering bad taste with Knicks Fans. 

Still, for all of THAT, JR still basically averaged 20-10-5. 

This feeding frenzy to DUMP Julius is so fucking self-immolating, so very typical of Hissy Fitting Knicks Fans. 

Again, deal Julius? 

Sure, for a real return, of course. 

Deal Julius NOW, coming off of an up and down season?  Dealing Julius at the lowest point of his competitive arc?  Dealing from weakness rather than from strength?  DUH?  Before JR has even had an opportunity to play with JALEN BRUNSON, DERRICK ROSE and IMMANUEL QUICKLEY?  Hello!  Before we have even had an opportunity to see how JR and RJ interact with each other having ceded the rudder to JALEN BRUNSON.  Let's not forget how great a strtetch JR & RJ had when DERRICK ROSE first arrived. 

Seems prudent to re-evaulate EVERYONE as of December 15, let alone February 15.  Having all of those DRAFT PICKS in the quiver will be way more valuable and impactful further down the road...

And CLEARLY, I am not feeling a Donovan Mitchell Transaction.  Converting our #11 pick into 3-4 future protected #1 picks was part and parcel of offloading Walker, Burks and Noel, getting younger, and opening up cap space for BRUNSON & HARTENSTEIN, and to re-up ROBINSON & SIMS. 

I think we need to see how the pieces we have fit and interact before we engage in wheeling and dealing and allow Danny Ainge to run a Masai Ujiri scam on us, based on fan & media pressure. 

Alan Hahn would seem to agree.  Check THIS Out. 

https://fb.watch/f8Qs9Ol0Z7/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 03:50:45 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Ahem [Cough]
« Reply #24698 on: August 26, 2022, 03:48:32 PM »

NO thank you.

Being a good passer and making quick, decisive decisions--keeping the ball moving--is a point of growth one might expect as a result of recommitting to raise his game, AND PLAYING WITH AN ACTUAL FACTUAL POINT GUARD. 

As is improving his defensive focus to the point where Thibs would not feel constrained to play Julius and Obi together.  JR and OT seem to have been hanging and banging together this summer, which I take to be a positive development. 

But again, judging ANYONE on this roster, before we've had a chance to see how we evolve with JALEN & DERRICK providing ActualFactual leadership, and Thibs adjusting to his new veteran free roster is premature. 

To Repeat: Neither Randle NOR Barrett is going to be ruddering the offense.  WE HAVE TWO GOOD POINT GUARDS, and in Quickley and Grimes, a pair of combo guards who can facilitate.  STAY TUNED.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24699 on: August 26, 2022, 05:39:57 PM »

EF and JR put the Lakers back in the play in while killing their future cap.

There are no other deals where you are getting assets back for either JR or EF.

EF is one dimensional. JR plays no D and cracks.

I have us getting Huff AND a likely lotto pick a few years out.

There is no one on our roster I would cut minutes from to see a season of Russ instead.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24700 on: August 26, 2022, 06:10:26 PM »

EF and JR put the Lakers back in the play in while killing their future cap.

There are no other deals where you are getting assets back for either JR or EF.

EF is one dimensional. JR plays no D and cracks.

I have us getting Huff AND a likely lotto pick a few years out.

There is no one on our roster I would cut minutes from to see a season of Russ instead.

If you say so. 

PS: Huff, a non-entity of Biblical proportions and a projected fourth string center, a 45 million dollar point guard we have no intentions of keeping, and a draft pick which will not convey for FIVE FUCKING YEARS, all in exchange for two starters.  BE STILL MY HEART. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 07:00:50 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24701 on: August 26, 2022, 08:27:48 PM »

Two guys likely to cause problems when their play relative to their competitors at their positions on the team dictates that they sit.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24702 on: August 26, 2022, 08:58:58 PM »

Two guys likely to cause problems when their play relative to their competitors at their positions on the team dictates that they sit.

You are projecting a dramatic decrease in minutes for Fournier AND Randle?   

Based on? 

When you have dinner with Thibs, who picks up the check? 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Ahem [Cough]
« Reply #24703 on: August 26, 2022, 09:50:37 PM »

NO thank you.

Being a good passer and making quick, decisive decisions--keeping the ball moving--is a point of growth one might expect as a result of recommitting to raise his game, AND PLAYING WITH AN ACTUAL FACTUAL POINT GUARD. 

As is improving his defensive focus to the point where Thibs would not feel constrained to play Julius and Obi together.  JR and OT seem to have been hanging and banging together this summer, which I take to be a positive development. 

But again, judging ANYONE on this roster, before we've had a chance to see how we evolve with JALEN & DERRICK providing ActualFactual leadership, and Thibs adjusting to his new veteran free roster is premature. 

To Repeat: Neither Randle NOR Barrett is going to be ruddering the offense.  WE HAVE TWO GOOD POINT GUARDS, and in Quickley and Grimes, a pair of combo guards who can facilitate.  STAY TUNED.

I for one think you should finally SHUT THE FUCK UP about Knicks point guard play.

Have a good night now.

chipstern

• View Profile
Likewise, I'm Sure
« Reply #24704 on: August 26, 2022, 09:58:19 PM »

NO thank you.

I for one think you should finally SHUT THE FUCK UP about Knicks point guard play.

Have a good night now.

Pages: 1 ... 1645 1646 [1647] 1648 1649 ... 1861