Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1695 1696 [1697] 1698 1699 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918235 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Verboten
« Reply #25440 on: November 13, 2022, 05:37:29 PM »

OK, out of country and cannot watch games, but judging by the boxes it seems like Thibs may have lost the thread somewhere

Per Chips directive, criticizing Thibs is forbidden at least until mid December or so...

On the positive pussy side, Cam Reddish had a very good game, so there is something.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 05:46:06 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Pussy Positivity Takes A Powder
« Reply #25441 on: November 13, 2022, 05:39:55 PM »

OK, out of country and cannot watch games, but judging by the boxes it seems like Thibs may have lost the thread somewhere

I suspect changes are coming. 

We set a record for most points in the first quarter by a Knicks team. 

The bloom soon came off the rose. 

We were up 48-36 in the first quarter. 

Thunder outscored us 43-25 and 43-33 in the second and third. 

Knicks 29-23 in the fourth. 

Defense?  Nuked by threes.  Amongst other things. Allowed 17-31 treys...55-88 overall. That's 62.5%

FUCK ME. 

Press talks about Gligious-Alexander being on Knicks radar.  No shit.  I daresay, so is Wembanyama.  Alenxander is their best player and turned 24 in July.  DUD.  He and Giddey are a terrific backcourt: size skill shooting facilitating.  Supposedly impatient with the rebuild.  I call absolute BULLSHIT. 

Cam had an effective game on both ends, his best as a Knick: 4 steals and a block, 10-17 from the floor, 2-5 from trey, and 4-4 FTs in 33 minutes.  He was the only Knick starter with a plus +/-   [joined by Jericho, DRose and IQ [24-1-5 with three steals]...Obi and Evan broke even]

RJ struggled on both ends, was 2-10, and after he picked up his fourth foul, Thibs nailed him to the bench.  Nineteen [19] minutes.  What does that tell you? 

Fournier was 0-5 in twenty minutes, two assists and a steal. 

Julius had 25-10-3 and Jalen 17-1-7 with three steals [but a team leading -20].   

Jericho was a team leading +9, with 8-8-1 in 25 minutes.

Hartenstein was 14-7-1 in 23 minutes but a -19

A brutal road trip awaits. 

Expect Thibs to react accordingly.  The ineffectiveness of our D is positively surreal.  Sure miss Mitchell. 

« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 05:53:09 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25442 on: November 13, 2022, 06:27:59 PM »

If Grimes comes on that should help some. Do not want to rush it.

Which of our personnel were effective defending this game?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25443 on: November 13, 2022, 06:44:31 PM »

If Grimes comes on that should help some. Do not want to rush it.

Which of our personnel were effective defending this game?

Cam had four steals and was a +2, the only one of our starters to register a PLUS.

He has clearly won over Thibs.  I'm so happy for the young man.  He has earned Thibs' trust. 

RJ will be fine, but I suspect Grimes and Cam are going to cut into his minutes...no reason to task him with 38 a night, when 30 would do the trick.   

After all the preseason smart money had Cam as the odd man out, it looks like Fournier could be the 11th man in a 10 player rotation. 

Worth noting, for what it's worth, that in today's game Jericho got 25 minutes and Isiah got 23. 

Oh, and Thibs pulled both RJ and [AND] Jalen in the third quarter and they sat the rest of the game. 

On D getting beat?

Take a seat. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 11:38:07 PM by chipstern »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25444 on: November 14, 2022, 12:27:27 PM »

OKC shot the lights out last game. But man, the Knick's defense was so...weak. So many wide, wide-open 3's. An embarrassing one at home.

RJ was coming off what I thought was his best game of the year, and managed to be awful in every aspect. I don't know, maybe he's not good with these early games.

And Fournier has been pretty bad in his new role. He needs a big game to turn things around.

There were consolation prizes (Cam was impressive), but it's getting way too old for the Knicks to get their ass kicked and then we talk about consolation prizes.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25445 on: November 14, 2022, 12:43:44 PM »

OKC shot the lights out last game. But man, the Knick's defense was so...weak. So many wide, wide-open 3's. An embarrassing one at home.

RJ was coming off what I thought was his best game of the year, and managed to be awful in every aspect. I don't know, maybe he's not good with these early games.

And Fournier has been pretty bad in his new role. He needs a big game to turn things around.

There were consolation prizes (Cam was impressive), but it's getting way too old for the Knicks to get their ass kicked and then we talk about consolation prizes.

The Dump.Thibs Drumbeat?

Growing.

Not sure if he has lost his team or if this is part of his Rinse Cycle.

Sitting RJ, Brunson, Fournier.

Still.not finding minutes for Obi

Tick

TOCK

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25446 on: November 14, 2022, 01:33:42 PM »

I think the development of the offense shows some good signs.

I'm just startled with the defense in this one. 145 points in regulation off a Thibs team?

What exactly is going on?

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25447 on: November 14, 2022, 01:45:36 PM »

They've bounced off the previous 3 losses with a victory each time.

I'm thinking it will continue with Utah.

We really got smoked last year, I don't know, January and February, floundering with loss after loss after loss, with Thibs unable to get the team to respond. This team seems better (thank you, Jalen). If they can gut out some wins in the first half of the season and emerge around the 500 mark, I think they'll be pretty well placed for the second half.

There's got to be some patience with this new setup.

But the defense? Good players look at the Knicks and lick their chops. That's got to change.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25448 on: November 14, 2022, 02:01:57 PM »

I'm just startled with the defense in this one. 145 points in regulation off a Thibs team?

You need length and foot speed from every position to play consistent decent defense in the league these days. It is hard to find a Knicks lineup that does not have a deficit at two or three positions in terms of either size or speed. However we scheme, eventually that gets exploited.

Things will get a little better as we further faze out Fournier for Reddish and Grimes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25449 on: November 14, 2022, 04:38:42 PM »

You need length and foot speed from every position to play consistent decent defense in the league these days. It is hard to find a Knicks lineup that does not have a deficit at two or three positions in terms of either size or speed. However we scheme, eventually that gets exploited.

Things will get a little better as we further faze out Fournier for Reddish and Grimes.

We shall see. 

I don't think Thibs wants to give up on Fournier, but Reddish's size and length and defensive chops have gotten his attention.  He is starting to finish his goofy indian rubber man drives to hoops and hit threes; if that trend continues, you are correct, Fournier is going to have to duke it out with IQ and Grimes for minutes. 

I don't know quite what to think of these Knicks. 

Jalen is an awesome offensive facilitator, and I love how he creates in the near field with his footwork and bounce.  Defense appears to be a challenge. 

RJ has been up and down.  Followed maybe his best game of the season, with one of his worst. 

Hartenstein is a positive presence on offense, though his three point prowess has yet to manifest.  But he is a very foul prone, and thought it was telling that Jericho got more minutes on Sunday, and had a positive +/- rating. 

What baffles me, is that FOR YEARS, before Thibs, as far back as I can remember, we have been getting burned by threes. Slow rotations?  Flawed man to man? 

As for our own threes? 

Julius has been a positive presence on the whole, but again, as with so many of our pups...DEFENSE.  I still cringe when he launches threes, though he from time to time gets quite hot, but it is fool's gold.  He is shooting .333%, so it is not a high perecentage move for us.  Cam is also shooting .333%, as is Fournier [shooting a grim .344% overall]   

Our best three point shooters are Obi [.400%] and D-Rose [.353%].

OTHERWISE?

Just awful. 

IH [.214%]
IQ [.280%]
JB [.294%]
RJ [.306%]

Ironically, Svi Mykhailiuk, our 25 year old bench bound 6'7" Wing, has taken three THREES during GarBaaage Time, and his percentage is .1000%

chipstern

• View Profile
Smell My Finger, Kiid
« Reply #25450 on: November 14, 2022, 10:42:30 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25451 on: November 14, 2022, 10:49:50 PM »

I think the threes are a factor of new PG and still adjusting to sets and subtleties.

The other side is more troubling. If you are making Brunson the point of attack, you cannot have Barrett and Randle with their level of D getting bell cow minutes against the offense put out by teams today. We could get by with one or the other, but Brunson, Randle, Barrett is going to have defensive problems based on length and foot speed no matter who the other two guys are. One will have to move. The three are denser than average and it effects their quickness and reach in scramble and recover situations that every team works to create and exploit.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25452 on: November 15, 2022, 10:05:25 AM »

I suspect changes are coming.

Not at all sure why you would be looking to make changes off this effort.

OKC just had a ridiculous shooting night.  Uber talented squad, dropped game to BOS last night, on the road, by just 4.

I love this new wide open Knicks group.  Grimes/Reddish playing time should be interesting to watch.

NBA = PARITY right now.  We can be a game or two over/under .500 early on (first 35 or so) and be OK.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 10:08:18 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25453 on: November 15, 2022, 10:10:28 AM »

but Brunson, Randle, Barrett is going to have defensive problems based on length and foot speed no matter who the other two guys are.

Bingo

Going in we knew those Barrett and Brunson limitations.  Some nights this will bite us but embrace the offense.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25454 on: November 15, 2022, 10:14:07 AM »

Kid is a Rick  TIM Scott republican.       

Fixed.

Pompeo is interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 1695 1696 [1697] 1698 1699 ... 1848