Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1698 1699 [1700] 1701 1702 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918271 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25485 on: November 17, 2022, 02:57:35 PM »

We found a top gear tonight.

Interesting closing lineup.

GS will be a much much tougher opponent.

Are you sure?  Why?

As the season progresses you will realize it is more about how we play (can teams stop us) than who the opponent is.  Excepting of course the occasional game (OKC) where a team jut can't miss.

Who the opponent is and who they have available makes a huge difference. Not that playing well is not important, but even playing as well as we did, had Gordon or Jokic been available we would not have been in the game.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Tumescent Dawg--The harfd On Chronicles
« Reply #25486 on: November 17, 2022, 03:33:22 PM »

GOOD game for Hyland I see.

Excellent game, nice find for the Nuggets.

As for illness going through the team, had to be somebody on the bench less likely to cost us the game than RJ. Guy is like the 9th best shooter on the team and chucks it up like he's our Steph Curry.

Honestly, if he wasn't a number three pick and had a real coach, he'd be getting 10 minutes a game somewhere. 31 with the flu? At least Thibs woke up with 5 minutes left and decided to keep his job. Of course, he has to play him up until that point in order for Leon to keep his job.

More wackamole vendetta for not giving up half the team and half our draft picks for Mitchell, as per usual. 

Yeah, RJ was stinking up the joint.  Without a doubt.

Clearly he is [has been] out of sorts.  Illness? 

Dawg would suggest otherwise. 

Even so, I think Thibs played him 38 against Utah and 30 + against the Nuggets. 

I mean WhatTheActualFuck? 

Still Thibs had a moment of clarity in closing with: JR-Obi-Cam-IQ-Jalen

RJ ALWAYS Bounces Back, DoucheNozzleDawg.

Sims once again. 

Brunson clutchCLutchCLUTCH from the FT line. 

Thibs enjoying his new Chew Toy...Cam Reddish, who effectively neutered Porter.  Heartwarming. 

Rose calibrating his game.  Stay healthy D-Rose. 

One thing I and the DawgPounder agree on. 

THAT IS THE WAY JULIUS NEEDS TO PLAY.  Defense + Fire + BullyBoying By The Rack = Wins

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25487 on: November 17, 2022, 03:41:51 PM »

OK, maybe I'm a little hard on RJ.

But I can't see any more of those goddam 4-19's!!

Stop fucking shooting. Do something else. You are not a very good shooter. You hurt the team when you shoot so f'ing much especially when you can't hit shit. Develop some other aspect of your game in the game. Learn to finish or fling outside of play time.

Why the fuck do you think you should take more shots than anybody else on the team when just about everybody else on the team has a better f'ing chance of getting the ball to go down?

The objective of your every foray should be to get the ball to somebody else in a position to score because they are all better at it than you.

Thibs shouldn't have to stop you.

*****That MFer has gotten more unearned minutes and shots than anybody else in the league in a desperate attempt by our front office to justify the pick..

And Dats Da Truth, Da Whole Damn Truth

****Notice I haven't brought it up in a while nor mentioned the name Donoman..but those 4 for 19's, shut it down clown...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 03:51:47 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25488 on: November 17, 2022, 04:31:30 PM »

I think you are on your way to creating a 6
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25489 on: November 17, 2022, 05:38:44 PM »

Stop fucking shooting. Do something else. You are not a very good shooter. You hurt the team when you shoot so f'ing much especially when you can't hit shit. Develop some other aspect of your game in the game. Learn to finish or fling outside of play time.

Why the fuck do you think you should take more shots than anybody else on the team when just about everybody else on the team has a better f'ing chance of getting the ball to go down?

The objective of your every foray should be to get the ball to somebody else in a position to score because they are all better at it than you.

*****That MFer has gotten more unearned minutes and shots than anybody else in the league in a desperate attempt by our front office to justify the pick..

And Dats Da Truth, Da Whole Damn Truth

****Notice I haven't brought it up in a while nor mentioned the name Donoman..but those 4 for 19's, shut it down clown...

Agree

I was screaming. 

"RJ, stop shooting.  Get to the foul line. Has had better daze [7-12]...still. 

Thibs should have reigned him in. 

Still, TT did bench him for most of the second half when he bricking and getting gelded on D against, was it the Thunder?

PS: Thunder came very close to running the same table against the Celtics. 

PPS: I trust we won't hear any more fucking Gilgous-Alexander trade rumors involving the Knicks.  I mean...HELLO.  Alexander/Giddy some sort of backcourt for OKC to build around. 

PPPS: How do you account for RJ's post-All-Star Game run in the Spring?  More Kleenex when Dawg gets historical when rubbing one out. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25490 on: November 17, 2022, 06:00:02 PM »

He looked good end of last year. He did.

But the free pass has got to end. Year four. Time to understand success may be D up, go 4-10, get to the line some, grab boards, open up shots for Cam or Julius or Obi or Fournier or whoever. STOP F'ING SHOOTING OVER AND OVER. YOU AIN'T AND WILL NEVER BE THAT GUY WHO SHOULD BE DOING THAT. YOUR TOUCH IS NOT THAT GOOD. YOUR FINISH IS NOT THAT GOOD. IT WILL NEVER BE THAT GOOD.

But that doesn't mean you can't be a fine all around basketball player.

People hope he'll be a Butler. Butler is the happiest guy in the world to NOT shoot the ball all game and win.

I won't prattle on. Last night brought a good vibe. Looking forward to GS.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 06:05:24 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25491 on: November 17, 2022, 06:27:59 PM »

We found a top gear tonight.

Interesting closing lineup.

GS will be a much much tougher opponent.

Are you sure?  Why?

As the season progresses you will realize it is more about how we play (can teams stop us) than who the opponent is.  Excepting of course the occasional game (OKC) where a team jut can't miss.

We still haven't shown we can beat a team with a healthy star. Embiid was gone in that 2-point win; Jokik last night.

When facing, say, a Mitchell, Durant or Gilgeous-Alexander, we falter.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25492 on: November 17, 2022, 06:29:47 PM »

Maybe. For me, it's more on Thibs.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25493 on: November 17, 2022, 06:30:52 PM »

People hope he'll be a Butler. Butler is the happiest guy in the world to NOT shoot the ball all game and win.

This is a good and interesting comment. Maybe you're on to something, Lester.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25494 on: November 17, 2022, 06:46:57 PM »

He looked good end of last year. He did.

But the free pass has got to end. Year four. Time to understand success may be D up, go 4-10, get to the line some, grab boards, open up shots for Cam or Julius or Obi or Fournier or whoever. STOP F'ING SHOOTING OVER AND OVER. YOU AIN'T AND WILL NEVER BE THAT GUY WHO SHOULD BE DOING THAT. YOUR TOUCH IS NOT THAT GOOD. YOUR FINISH IS NOT THAT GOOD. IT WILL NEVER BE THAT GOOD.

I won't prattle on. Last night brought a good vibe. Looking forward to GS.

Don't agree he is not a good finisher. 

Nor that RJ is getting a free pass.  He's a competitor. 

Jimmy Butler does indeed beckon. 

Everything else seems reasonable. 

I do not believe he feels as though he has to justify his contract.  Rather, he wants to shoulder his share of the  load. 

Oddly, I would consul RJ to observe the evolution of his DUKIE, Cam Reddish, who went from trade bait afterthought, hack on the back of the pine, to trusted Thibian. 

Play Defense, facilitate the offense with movement and passes, don't force the issue, go to the rack. 

End of last season, RJ was hitting his threes.  Don't feel as though he should be tasked with that. 

Look at how Jalen scores, RJ.  Old school.  Don't force jumpers but get into someone's grill, and create space for easy shots in the near field.  You are good at creating contact.  Milk that. 

FUCKING THREES. 

Julius is hitting like 33%.  The threat keeps defenses honest, for sure. 

STILL. 

Julius was 3-10 from trey last night. 

Julius was 8-11 from the near field and the rack. 

We as a team are not great three point shooters. 

Our best so far are Obi and Rose. 

Live and learn, Knicks. 

Don't force the issue, RJ. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Elba Glitches
« Reply #25495 on: November 18, 2022, 02:53:02 PM »

For what it's worth. 

This morning...tried accessing ELBA from my android afew times, but no connection. 

Went back to sleep. 

Turned on my computer. 

Tried accessing the site a few times after loading Google Chrome. 

No connection. 

What I have tried, and has worked on occassion, is having loaded Google Chrome, and accessed a couple of web sites, such as Facebook and YouTube, I'll close Chrome, than reload it and click ELBA, and voila, it loads. 

Having said this, as I attempt to make this post, what has happenned before it, that when hitting POST, I get the non-connection message.

So I have taken to copying my post's content and sending it to myself as an email, and try posting it again later when ELBA is in a more obliging mood. 

ZERO

PS: Hoops Rumor Poop for today holds that the Knicks have received and are entertaining offers for Derrick Rose and Immanquel Quickley.  GOD, I hope not, backcourt logjam notwithstanding.  My inner Facil says, trade Fournier.  We shall see. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Elba Glitches
« Reply #25496 on: November 18, 2022, 02:54:01 PM »

For what it's worth. 

This morning...tried accessing ELBA from my android afew times, but no connection. 

Went back to sleep. 

Turned on my computer. 

Tried accessing the site a few times after loading Google Chrome. 

No connection. 

What I have tried, and has worked on occassion, is having loaded Google Chrome, and accessed a couple of web sites, such as Facebook and YouTube, I'll close Chrome, than reload it and click ELBA, and voila, it loads. 

Having said this, as I attempt to make this post, what has happenned before it, that when hitting POST, I get the non-connection message.

So I have taken to copying my post's content and sending it to myself as an email, and try posting it again later when ELBA is in a more obliging mood. 

ZERO

PS: Hoops Rumor Poop for today holds that the Knicks have received and are entertaining offers for Derrick Rose and Immanquel Quickley.  GOD, I hope not, backcourt logjam notwithstanding.  My inner Facil says, trade Fournier.  We shall see.

Took Several Clicks And ReLoads To Get Back Here And for Elba To post my toast. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Lauren Chamaco Boebert
« Reply #25497 on: November 18, 2022, 03:19:48 PM »

It is official. Her opponent has conceded.
Lauren AR15 Boebert will go back to Washington. Lordy have mercy!
Congrats Chamaco.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Count Your Blessings
« Reply #25498 on: November 18, 2022, 04:29:08 PM »

Congrats Chamaco.

Count Your Blessings

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Count Your Blessings
« Reply #25499 on: November 18, 2022, 05:55:59 PM »

Congrats Chamaco.

Count Your Blessings

Well, yeah.

And, to Chamaco and Co., CUNT YOUR F-IN BLESSINGS
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 1698 1699 [1700] 1701 1702 ... 1848