Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918241 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25500 on: November 18, 2022, 11:52:21 PM »

Closing in on the end of the 3rd quarter and once again....

Barrett has taken more shots than any other Knick.

Some really bad 3's. And he's 4 for 14 at this point.

And Thib's has given him more minutes than anyone else on the team.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 11:54:59 PM by elephant »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25501 on: November 19, 2022, 12:02:23 AM »

Again, this is on Thibs.

It's as if he made the decision to play RJ no matter what.

That's the inflexibility that's so bewildering.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25502 on: November 19, 2022, 12:20:21 AM »

We as a team are not great three point shooters. 

Our best so far are Obi and Rose. 

Naw.

Our two best 3-point shooters happen to be glued to the bench.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
The Myth of the Welfare Queen
« Reply #25503 on: November 19, 2022, 09:28:25 AM »

Yes, the free minute man getting his usual.

Thibs bores the F out of me.

Was nodding in-and-out, probably the West Coast hours, but worried we're getting to the "don't really need to watch this stage" rather earlier in the season then I expected.

*** What part of the body did Mitch injure again? I think I might be missing him.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 10:19:46 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #25504 on: November 19, 2022, 09:58:05 AM »

Looking back at it, that singular Quentin Grimes start, a few brief minutes, before he got disappeared along with Evan.

Reminiscent somehow of Fizwhale's opening game start of Alonzo Trier at PG when he couldn't decide between Frank and Dennis.

Start and scuttle. Weird and flailing. What you do when you don't have a clue. A robot burping before going back to the routine.

*** RJ Barrett better roll out of bed each morning and say "today I am the luckiest man on the face of the Earth."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 10:13:28 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25505 on: November 19, 2022, 02:05:20 PM »

Feet take a while, as do idled legs. Grimes will get there and break through and get his spot. Better he drip in without setbacks than have a load dumped on him under which whe he will likely break.

Groins can also take a while. If Cam is out for a stretch, Hunt should get a meaningful look in that role. Next man up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25506 on: November 19, 2022, 02:44:56 PM »

The Dubs had also just gotten embarrassingly torched by Cam Payne and a depleted Suns team. Shutting down guards was very fresh in their minds.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25507 on: November 19, 2022, 04:49:25 PM »

Feet take a while, as do idled legs. Grimes will get there and break through and get his spot. Better he drip in without setbacks than have a load dumped on him under which whe he will likely break.

Well, really, there's no reason why Grimes couldn't play a good fucking deal more without a "load dumped on him."

The LOAD mantra is part of Thib's outdated inability for flexibility and adjustment.

This kind of rigid approach doesn't work well in modern baseball or football either.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #25508 on: November 19, 2022, 05:29:28 PM »

Ease in, sure, drip in, ok, Thibs doing neither. He went ALL IN, ALL OUT with that strange, singular start.

The glitch in the game as it short circuits.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 05:31:18 PM by lesterluv »

chipstern

• View Profile
YIKES
« Reply #25509 on: November 19, 2022, 11:47:19 PM »

🙊🙉🙈

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Thibs
« Reply #25510 on: November 20, 2022, 01:06:47 AM »

Well, he had one well coached game, I forgot which, and I promised I would not criticize him until at least December or maybe, MAYBE, until the spring.

It is getting hard to keep my promise, that is all I can say.

Oh, and I am dropping the MAYBE part. That was contingent on performance.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Negative Nancies Unite
« Reply #25511 on: November 20, 2022, 01:26:25 AM »

Let's see.

RJ was 6-19, 1-5 from trey

K

J Poole was 5-17, 3-8 from trey

Dame Lillard was 2-14, 1-12 from trey

Scottie Barnes was 11-29

Anthony Edwards was 7-21, 2-10 from trey

On the ther hand

Darius Garland was 16-26
Donovan Mitchell was 11-22

Still early

But hey.

Let it all out. 

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Negative Nancies Unite
« Reply #25512 on: November 20, 2022, 10:13:11 AM »

Let's see.

RJ was 6-19, 1-5 from trey

K

J Poole was 5-17, 3-8 from trey

Dame Lillard was 2-14, 1-12 from trey

Scottie Barnes was 11-29

Anthony Edwards was 7-21, 2-10 from trey

On the ther hand

Darius Garland was 16-26
Donovan Mitchell was 11-22

Still early

But hey.

Let it all out.

I won't say this is the weakest thing you've ever written.

But it's pretty bad.

So your argument is that you found a few other good ballplayers who played poorly on a particular day, and it's "negative" to call out one of our players who also played poorly.

Aside from the sin of comparing RJ, who has never proved himself a winner, with Lillard who has won Portland game after game after game. Aside from that kind of nonsense.....

You're ignoring that RJ has played terribly in multiple games, that he's been sick and still shoots the ball more than teammates who are healthy and better shot makers, and that there were quality players on the bench who weren't even called up for spot minutes.

Which is why I was questioning Thibs, not RJ. I don't expect a sick player with competitive spirit to take himself out of the lineup. That's what a (good) coach is for. Some guys can still play well when they're feeling poorly. Some can't. (You tell me which you think RJ is.)

Jesus, when Reddish went down, Thibs tightened the rotation to 8, rather than bring in anyone else. It's inexplicable.

We have talent, Chip.

We won in Denver and Salt Lake City despite the coach, not because of him.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #25513 on: November 20, 2022, 11:51:49 AM »

New day, new chance for Thibs to green light RJ for a full 40, regardless of circumstance.

Let's see what Phoenix brings. Odds are RJ has to have a good one, right? Excited for the daytime game. I can probably stay awake.

My continuing quest to understand exactly who RJ is (important since he will be around for a very long time, thanks Leon) brought me to the Basketball Reference player career arc comparisons.

The name that kept popping up for Mr. Endless Consequence-Free Minutes?

The illustrious Melvin "Mouse" Riebe, born in Cleveland, 1916, moved to the great beyond in 1977.

In 1946, this volume shooter broke out for 12 points a game for the Cleveland Rebels during his rookie season. Shrunk to 7 per in a losing three game playoff series vs the Knicks that spring.

Couldn't really build on that in 2 more years with the Boston Celtics and the Providence Steamrollers (the Rebels folded after a single season). His pro career never saw the 1950s.

The rest of his days happily spent as Waynedale High gym teacher in Apple Creek, Ohio.

Hmmmm.......

*** video impossible to find, but his game has been simulated here https://youtu.be/4EP9oC3KDdc?t=578
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 12:38:38 PM by lesterluv »

lesterluv

• View Profile
I am going to get it ALL out of my system BEFORE game time.
« Reply #25514 on: November 20, 2022, 02:41:33 PM »

and PINKYSWEAR not to besmirch RJ again until say, December 20th at the very earliest!
but here it is in a pretty picture...every player in the NBA, every game, through yesterday.

This is why our eyes hurt, lol, check lower left:

Source: https://twitter.com/nba_math/status/1594351992788635648?s=46&t=tFUE7gbDh4ooZTuWEjIIjg
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 02:43:15 PM by lesterluv »
Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 ... 1848